Admiral Reviews

Based on 1,480 reviews
Own Driver
Telephone, Email, Live Chat
Over A Week

Tell us how Admiral made you happy
Admiral 1 star review on 23rd February 2023
Admiral 1 star review on 13th November 2020
Francesco Romano Dell’Anna
Admiral 1 star review on 30th June 2020
Paul Hole
They take the insurance money on time. But when it is time to do the payout they delay the claim. my claim has been going on for 2 weeks now. Admiral suggested changes to the repair and my garage accepted the changes and send it back the same day and every day they keep saying the same thing that they haven't received anything. The person on the telephone will tell you that they will leave a message for your handler and they will contact you the next day and they never contact you. They will not respond to your emails either. All they have to do is approve the revised cost and they keep on delaying. First they said they gave me a date and then on that date said they can't give me a date any longer. The phone people use the same wording irrespective of who answers. "Oh we understand your frustration"."Our engineer will work on a date and time order" but then you ask for the date they will give it you the first time. But nothing from the second time. Then they will tell you that you can raise a complaint. But if you raise a complaint then, they say that the case will be resolved only after the complaint is dealt which can take up to to 8 weeks. Basically you can't raise a complaint. Stay away from admiral. They are cheaters.
I paid for holiday insurance last year for a river cruise for my wife and I, we answered all the health questions and paid the premium. My mother in law went into renal failure and came to live with us. I claimed and they said I hadn't taken out their cruise premium so would not pay. I pointed out that in their brochure it determined a cruise as a sea voyage lasting more than 24 hours. They agreed this was wrong but then declined the claim for a second time on the basis that my mother in law had a pre-existing condition with her kidneys. The insurance was for holiday cover for my wife and I, not the complete medical history of a 95 year old who had a kidney problem but had lived independently prior to a fall and subsequent health check. I took it to the ombudsman (funded by insurers) who agreed the original finding was wrong but accepted the insurers were in the right due to her health. I lost £3200. Thanks Admiral. Never again. Two bites at the cherry to decline a claim when I proved you wrong the first time.
Filled an insurance claim and having been unfortunate to have had my tools stolen twice all be for the last two consecutive years on the third occasion have now taken 6 months and still not paid out also after being investigated by an independent guy from admiral of which o followed up on my statement in person so have now been victimised by the thieves and now by admiral still no payment and no tools to complete the job have since lost loads of work because of this and have caused extreme depression and now risk losing my flat thanks admiral what is insurance for if you don’t pay out on legitimate claims
I bought a car to which my ex partner got insurance with yourselves then a few days later crashed the car, was able to get claim the full amount back from you and ran off with that money. You did not check that he was NOT the registered owner!!! This is fraud!!! I have registered this with the police to which there are charges in place where he cannot contact me and he will also be appearing in court. I have sent you proof of this, proof of my ownership of the car, proof of the sale to me, proof of MY payment for the car and proof of the car log book. This has been going on since last year!!! I received an email from yourselves on the 16/06/23 directly to myself confirming you take full responsibility for this incident and that you will compensate me. The email also confirms that I can contact you for updates. Since I’ve still not heard from you, I called today to which I was told because of data protection you cannot discuss the claim to me??? You have just absolutely contradicted the email that YOU have sent to me informing me of the above. I’m absolutely disgusted!
Avoid at all costs. I broke down a week ago and i got someone to pick me up and drop me off to the garage to fix car. AA didnt even check the car but i told them it might be the clutch. I got the car fixed for a week and it broke down again. Called someone AA came and checked and it says its the clutch so they were like you have to pay for recovery which is £99 plus mileage fees. All of that because they took my word as someone who knows nothing about cars that it might be the clutch so its registered as clutch problem twice. On top of that their customer service are like robots repeating the same thing like they don’t listen to what you’re saying. I will definitely find a different insurer next month.
Trying to scam people and get money of people
If you are ever in the unfortunate position of needing to make a claim then please prepare yourself for some exceptionally awful customer service. A week later with 2 small children I have no courtesy car and have had to ring Admiral every day for an update only to be told they are sorry and they understand but they will be doing nothing about it. Have made 2 formal complaints in which I was just told it is what it is. I will be one of the 300,000 (reported in the press) leaving at my next renewal and I will be encouraging others to do the same. Also the app is terrible so that is another useless product from a useless company. Don't waste your money or time.
Absolute joke, this company has no loyalty to its customers, customer service is non existent! You take people’s money but when they do have an accident you are not interested, this company should be exposed as the fake company it is, absolute rubbish!
Awful service. I have phoned your customer services and new business department as I was unhappy with the prices. The price has gone up by almost twice the price. And today was quoted 4 times last year’s price. How is this possible? I’ve laid a complaint but it seems that this is a tick box approach on your part and I was told that there is not much further can be done! His is it acceptable where everyone is affected by cost of living rises and admiral is making it worse.
In Dec 2022 I booked a holiday for Feb 23. At the time my mum was having treatment for breast cancer and responding well. Sadly she deteriorated very quickly and passed away mid Jan. A week later my dad was admitted to hospital with what we thought was a heart attack, but turned out to be broken heart syndrome. There was no way I could leave him, so I cancelled the holiday and claimed on my insurance. My claim was initially declined because mum had a pre-existing condition, even though plenty of people fight and beat breast cancer, and when I booked the holiday it hadn't spread, so the secondary cancer was not pre-existing. However, I appealed the decision on the basis my dad had been hospitalised. Today I was told that because my dad was diagnosed with angina in 2005, his hospitalisation was also due to a pre-existing condition and the claim is still denied. In the 18 years since dad was diagnosed, he's never had a single issue with angina. So be warned people, if any of your loved ones have a condition that they have lived with for nearly 20 years, don't book a holiday - just in case it gets worse! Admiral's attitude of "that's just how our policy is worded" is just an excuse to wriggle out of paying what is a genuine claim. I wanted to go on that holiday, I didn't want my mum to suddenly deteriorate and pass away, I didn't want my dad to be admitted to hospital with a broken heart. Their absolute refusal to acknowledge that these were extenuating circumstances has made the most stressful time of my life so much worse. All I can do now is put in a complaint, but on the basis they take 30 working days to respond to any correspondence, it'll be 2024 before this matter is resolved.
If I could issue a 0 star rating even that would be to kind! Been stranded in Calais after our car broke down at the Le Shuttle port. After various phone calls with many people and hours of waiting we finally had a French tow company take us to a hotel and the car to a garage. We had to pay for the night in the hotel ourselves! The next day we had no support, no clue what was happening and not a single person could tell us where our car was or what the next steps were! We was told we couldn’t have transportation back to the uk until 48 hours after the claim yet they would only cover 1 night in a hotel £130 per room per night (£520 two rooms two nights and £260 out our own pocket). We were told we would have a ferry arranged for us (two 24 year olds and two 22 year olds) the following day and would have confirmation by 8pm that night. 8 pm that night NO FERRY BOOKED!!! We again had to pay for this £169 out our own pocket and still no arrangements for our car to be fixed!!!

Finally back in the uk and we aren’t allowed a hire car as our car (still in france) has not yet been diagnosed! We had to ask our parents to come and pick us up from Dover back to our home 1hour and 40 minutes away!

Still no news on our car and the contents such as gifts bought on our holiday and belongings!

Gutted, stressed, anxious, upset and very angry are the only words to describe how I feel! I pay £1500 a year for what exactly? So angry! The strain on all our mental healths over the last few days is unexplainable from crying on the floor and on the phone to parents, lack of sleep and tummy problems due to stress! I’ve never experienced anything like this in my life.
Didn’t renew had a small claim been 8 months nothing’s done called up twice after waiting hours on phone why did I pay nearly £1000 worse insurance company I find and expensive
I stopped the auto renew from the bank as i could not log into the account so we have been charged for the cancellation of the policy, this was then sent to a debt collection agency! watch out for auto renew!!! will never use this company again .
I changed car. I had an insurance for 2 car during transition of weeks. They get their calculation for my refund wrong but no one want to give how they did their calculation. You speak to a chat who doesn't want to answer.
Currently waiting for van to have an assessment 4 weeks after it was damaged. No one calls back, no one answers emails, online chat and they didn't know where the van was for three weeks and no indication of when it will be repaired. Worst service I have ever had with a vehicle and cannot wait to cancel my policy
We are so disapointed by Admiral Ensurance. The mentioned insurance are playing with customers. First they haven't accepted our claim, then someone from Admiral called and emailed us they will cover our damage in garage fully and now again when we called them are saying they are not going to cover our damage done by the garage! - Not covering for an engine if it blows up by tester fault in the garage - MOT was passed! You are left alone by them. Who ever uses their insurance for car or what ever you insure with them letting you know you will be disapointed as well. They do not cover engine as mashine blowed up by tester who didn't know how to test q disel engin!
Don't go with this company for insurance,had an accident on the 21st June,still waiting for someone to physically look at our vehicle,instead of looking at photos,our policy includes curtsey car,3 weeks on no car,no further along,and now we will also have to cancel our holiday !!!
5 months waiting for our brand new car to be repaired. Looks like it will go on for another few months with parts again on back order. Poor courtesy cars supplied. First one arrived with no oil visible on dipstick. 2 complaints made with no progress. Looks like the only option now is the ombudsman. Please consider your needs carefully before using admiral car insurance. Very poor customer care.
first year, no problem. Renewal quote this month..... 80% increase. Same car, same conditions. No claims, no change whatsoever. Admiral refused to divulge the reasons for the increase, saying it was not their policy to disclose these facts. I was told if I wasn't happy I could look on comparison sights. I did, and found at least six companies more than£200 cheaper. Ever get the feeling your not wanted !!
if i could give zero stars then i would. this company offers you great prices for your insurance with theyre multi option however i have had to make a claim against my policy which has taken 3 months for them to deal with, no updates from them and when i call them they say they cant give any further info other than its being dealt with. all the time i am still paying the insurance and tax on the vehicle. all this for them to come back and reject the claim. trying to resolve this issue with them is pointless as they are unwilling to discuss in further detail and i am now having to complain to the ombudsman and also look at small claims court options at my own cost to get this sorted. absolute joke of a company. AVOID AT ALL COSTS.
Admiral is rated 2.7 based on 1,480 reviews