Hsbc Reviews

of reviewers recommend Hsbc
Telephone, Email, Live Chat

Tell us how Hsbc made you happy
Hsbc 1 star review on 6th April 2018
Disgruntled David
Hsbc 5 star review on 15th February 2017
Mouchel Christian
Hsbc 1 star review on 15th June 2016
More Photos & Videos
the worst bank I've ever met. They already have 10 months since they trying to open a business account. I applied to Lloyd's for business bank account and they opened it in 3 weeks 😃😃
I had an account and after 3 years I was asked to reconfirm loads of information, some of which was quite complicated. They wrote to say my account was going to be closed if I didn’t fill it in so I was ok with that and it was closed. I still had money in the account and I spoke to several people on the phone after wasting my time of hold, they said I would receive a cheque for the remaining balance in my account. I have been chasing this many times and not received anything. I have just called again and been told I need to go into the branch to request it in a different way that sounded complicated. She then put me on hold and then cut off the phone. Beware!
Worst bank. It's mobile and online banking is so complicated that it is hard to use.
Rubbish prOcess trying to open company account
Since becoming a business owner and taking out a business loan with HSBC I’ve been left high and dry! I just CANNOT get to speak with someone from my bank face to face . They’ve got my loan and monthly repayments and want nothing more to do with me and didn’t even bother to tell my my bank manager had left and weren’t thinking of replacing him any time soon! I took time out of my business to go into branch to find this out , was promised his senior would ring to talk to me and guess what ........ they haven’t bothered !! I am sick of their appalling customer relations - actually there isn’t one !!
Ive opened bank acounts the world over...HSBC UK is without doubt the worst banking experience i have had ever.

'Safeguard' means they want you to send personally identifiable financial information via mail most of which is none of their business. If you dont comply they lock all of your accounts.

Despite having given the legally required information at least three times.

Meanwhile your credit cards all work yet paying them back within the app is all blocked so they can accumulate fees and interest.

Their app and online services are apalling.

Its time the regulator did something about this bucket shop.
I would advise not to waste your time. HSBC provide the WORST service for business and its not a joke almost a year later and still same issues and awful processes.

Save your self the hassle and stress especially if you have a family to run and a business and do many other things - HSBC will only be a stress for you!

I contact HSBC on the 11th of October about the sum of £84 come out my account never raise this as a complaint them to set me a complete resolution stating that it was closed and how we was resolutely but yet still I’m still waiting for my payment is done Michael they still say nothing I called they try to make it like it’s my fault but on the day one of the HSBC they’ve had their stuff gone into my account to take money out without my permission on my say so they’ve done told me to then avoid the case of fraud this then send me identification number where identification if it’s me who is making those transaction that did not happen at no time very disappointed bye hsbc in fact I hate being with hsbc after a year of hell I will be leaving as soon as possible and I still ain’t got My money back they just don’t care and it show
I applied for their home mortgage online. Uploaded all required documents, including w2, etc. It's been more than 3 weeks now, and I got no emails, no phone calls, nothing from them. I was assigned to an agent Jennie M Sansano, that I found out by calling to their phone numbers. Once I was transferred to her, she just hung up on me, and when I tried to call her back, none picked up the phone.
Absolutely unacceptable!
They took my money off me I want my money back I am overdrawn now don't go with HSBC they are useless I was on a phone for a hour and they didn't answer horrible bank they are
I have been a customer of HSBC for years and need to change my name

I've called and live chatted as I cannot attend my branch due to health issues - both told me I have to attend branch to change my name.

I was told if I directly call the branch, they may be able to arrange someone to go into the branch with my identification documents on my behalf.
Not only is this completely backwards, it's also undignified. There's nothing wrong with my brain, yet they're telling me I have to ask someone to handle financial matters on my behalf.

I have savings accounts, investment accounts and mortgage accounts with Barclays, Lloyds, Newcastle Building Society & Hargreaves Landsown - plus a pension and a HMRC self assessment account - all of which allowed me to change my name online or over the phone.

I find HSBC's policy for this highly antiquated - especially considering it's only a surname change due to marriage.

I will not longer be a customer, I am switching banks because this is appalling.

It's basically discrimination. They're holding my identity hostage because I cannot visit a branch.

Absolutely terrible customer service.
You would be required to attend a branch in order to open a business account, takes too long. I wanted to also open an EUR account but was told after taking a month to open the business account that I have to make another appointment to open foreign currency account and waiting times where I live are 4 weeks. So all in all it looks like it would take nearly 3 months to open an account with GBP/EUR, totally unacceptable when I found a disrupter bank that can do it in less than a day.
Worst Bank in UK!!!Please Stay away!!!!
They closed my bank account after 14 years without any explanation!!!
The worst bank in the world. I have join account with my husband. He had one problem with the card and the bank assistanttold him that he need to change it. After 3 days I received a new card on my name, not on his name. So, now I have a lots of problems because I need to change all direct debit with new details and this take time. If you need a bank account find an other one, but noT HSBC.
Tell this bank to get lost. Stay way clear of this shambles of a bank who do not give a dam.
Today i ordered a new secure key fob
As i have had it a number of years and thought maybe the battery was going
After ordering it from them i was told it would take 7 working days for it to arrive
When i tried to log on to my account HSBC had locked me Out
and wanted me to input details on the secure key fob that was due to arrive in 7 days time
Unbelievable
Time to look for another bank
Be Warned
I also see that 84.64% of people give 1 star on hsbc
I feel that no star would be more fitting
To go online on my laptop I have to get verification code from my mobile app, everyone. This is so awkward and so backward. Instructions are so confusing and so convoluted. Have to try many times before I can get in. It is absolutely disgusting.
Lousy customer service from foreign telephone staff. Now left, made a complaint and they took weeks to send a one paragraph generic reply. Avoid like the plague!
Only writing this bad review on here more publicly because it's so hard to get through to someone or some system at HSBC directly to complain.
So frustrated with trying to get through on the phone - been cut-off about 12 times already either early on in the process of jumping through the billion ridiculous hoops just to get to speak to someone or while speaking to someone after waiting about 20minutes in the queue just to hear a genuine human voice.
... Would have been happy to discuss this directly with you HSBC but in spite of the many options you claim available to speak to someone it's just not that easy and I'm left feeling infuriated.

Therefore, let me add my voice more publicly to warn anyone thinking of joining this useless bank to rather steer clear. If you are genuinely curious or seriously considering it, I'd recommend having a go at pulling out your own finger nails first.If you enjoy that experience, then this is the bank for you!
Hsbc is rated 1.41 based on 409 reviews