Leader Doors Reviews

Tell us how Leader Doors made you happy
Leader Doors 1 star review on 21st June 2020
Paul Walsh
More Photos & Videos
I can honestly say this is the worst company I have EVER dealt with online. Waited six weeks for my door which didn't arrive on quoted date. Emailed them 3 days later to enquire where my door was and they replied advising it would be delivered the following week but no communication from them or tracking info is provided which is very poor. They use a courier called DX, if you check their reviews online you will be shocked, review after review stating doors delivered damaged. Guess what?....my door arrived BADLY damaged. It came a day late because it went to wrong depot, the courier obviously knew it was damaged as they just dumped it on my drive and drove away, didn't knock or leave a note. Please read the next bit, I will keep it short and factual but it is important you read on. I contacted leader doors customer services and corresponded with someone called John and sent him pictures of the damaged door. Initially he replied promptly to my emails and said I could return the door or accept a £50 partial refund. As the door was only for an outbuilding and damage was all on the inside face I accepted the offer of a refund. Sadly after 2 weeks and no sign of my refund despite emailing them several times I am now being ignored, no replies whatsoever. Perhaps they think I will just go away? No chance, I have all correspondence in emails and will be proceeding with legal action against them. I just wish I had read the poor reviews of others and purchased elsewhere. There are plenty of reputable other companys to buy your doors from who have good customer service. Take my advice and stay well clear of leader doors or you could very well regret it.
I have not received my doors, I am not even sure they have placed the order with Jeld-Wen despite having had my payment for several weeks.
This is probably the worst company I have dealt with., and as customers know the Internet is populated by liars and chances.

If I could give minus 5 stars I would. A star is too generous.

I placed an initial order of 10 Deanta doors. One door was my wrong choice and one was the wrong size, which was also my error. Neither door was ever unwrapped from the manufacturer's packaging.

The doors were delivered by Deanta and Leader Doors never touched them. They just took payment and acted as the manufacturer's agent, although they hold themselves to be the retailer in this instance.

I explained the situation to Leader by email and asked to exchange the doors, not return them for a full refund. Leader's only published policy relates to returns for a full refund. There is nothing on their website about exchanges. I asked them to draw my attention to an exchange policy but they didn't answer.

I asked if Deanta would simply deliver the doors I needed and take the two original doors back to its factory on the same lorry used for the delivery. I know that is possible because the driver who delivered to me told me he had just collected some doors from a customer in York.

Leader said that obviously logical solution was impossible and stood on its policy on returns for refunds.

Deanta said that my solution was possible and told me it would speak to Leader.

This evening Leader told me by email that Deanta demand £50 to come to me with two doors, £50 to take two doors away and 15% of the cost of each original door as a restocking charge, whatever that means.

I don't know if Deanta has said that. That company sends its drivers out fot 3 days at a time delivering doors:, that's what it's delivery driver told me.

I would advise anyone thinking of buying anything at all from Leader Doors not to do so. Make your own doors or go without doors rather than use this grubby, unpleasant, unhelpful outfit.

One discovers the merit of a business when things go wrong and this business is to be avoided as one avoids Covid 19.

This company doesn't care about customers. It wants money but service isn't a word in its vocabulary in my experience.
TERRIBLE. AVOID AND BUY FROM A REPUTABLE RETAILER. Bought doors on 0% finance. They arrived both damaged and different from the website photos and description. I reported this to leader doors. They updated the website photo and description which was incorrect previously and denied the mismatch. Luckily i had screenshots already and sent it to them.

Because it was bought on finance the finance company ignored my written requests to cancel the finance despite the agreement stating we can 'cancel' at any time.

I gave evidence showing the doors had been returned to Leaderdoors via their recommended courier service and despite signing for the doors, they then claimed the doors were damaged and would not be refundable despite that being the condition they originally arrived in!

Turns out if you take a 0% loan then the financial ombudsmen is powerless to do anything and Close Brothers ( now Klarna finance ) know this and never respond.

I was forced to keep paying the finance to avoid impact to my credit history despite the goods having been returned to the retailer.

I'm now £1800 down thanks to Leader Doors and their scam artist finance company Klarna.

AVOID!!!
We ordered a set of double doors last year, but due to delays in our renovations we have just got round to fitting them recently. When opened, we kept them in the packaging to make sure they were not damaged like any normal person would do, one of the doors dimensions was incorrect and not matching those that were stated on the packaging, rendering it useless.
When we contacted Leader Doors, we experienced awful customer service, they are accepting zero responsibility for providing a wrong order as they say we should have opened them within 48hours to make sure they haven’t messed up. I think that this is a disgraceful attitude to have towards a customer who will clearly need to replace their faulty product. Instead of trying to help us come to some sort of compromise where we can get a replacement set, you can only buy them in a pair, (which I find quite comical considering we were sent an odd pair so the other door must be somewhere in their warehouse) they have just washed their hands of us as customers and basically told us where to go.
Awful, disgusting company who would be getting zero stars if that was possible.
Doors were packaged whilst the paint was still wet therefore the packaging was stuck onto the doors. Doors were not sanded properly with chips and dents. The doors were collected in a couple weeks. This caused a delay in my move in day to my new home. Months forward, I noticed that they have not refunded my deposit or cancelled the direct debut set up for the payments of the doors. I have called around Christmas and they told me that the supplier did not inform them of the return of the doors so they can make a refund. The supplier was closed until the 2.1.20. I was understanding and called back on the date given to remind them. I have not got a phone call or email regarding where they are at with my refund. They promised to call and update me and haven’t even bothered.
Do not buy anything from this company. The only thing they’ve got going for them is that the customer service team are very pleasant and convincing when they spin you lie, after lie, after lie. I paid for next day delivery but was still waiting a week later, despite being told every day they would be delivered the next day. I cancelled the order and asked for a refund and was told it had been processed. Two weeks later I’m still waiting for my refund.
Great value, well packaged and delivered in good time with a call which was helpful.
DO NOT BUY from this company, I bought 6 heavy duty doors from them last week and they all arrived damaged. When contacting the company they advised they were delivered and signed for so there is nothing they can do. The doors were signed for by our builders as we were at work. I spend around £500.00 on these doors and am totally disgusted with the response. With the amount of damage on each door you can clearly see this was done prior to delivery. I can see on my ring video that the doors were lifted by our builders and not dragged. The doors were not even packaged well.
The company terms and conditions clearly state we have 48 hours to report any issues which we did within 4 hours and with photos but reference DAVID TURNER refuses to replace or refund.
Extremely poor customer service from this lot! I had a door delivered with aspects of it damaged and scratched. I emailed and phone them, only to be told I should have checked the item there and then before signing it over to the delivery driver! They refused to replace the damaged item insisting it was my fault! What a load of crap!! Useless customer service!
Leader Doors is rated 1.40 based on 10 reviews