Levy Electric Reviews

Levy Electric 5 star review on 4th April 2020
Jared C
Levy Electric 5 star review on 8th February 2020
Philip Robichaux
I genuinely thought I was the only one with issues until I read the reviews of others. This company will gaslight you.

I ordered my scooter in October, had saved up, and was extremely excited. Well, the scooter was delayed longer than anticipated. Fine, I can wait.

When the scooter did arrive, there were immediately tire pressure issues that I had to fix. I wish it came with a pressure reader/inflation tool. Ok, fine, can deal with this too.

I reached out less than one day after my "two week return period" was up, and was told to troubleshoot, although I had request to return the product because of the following reasons.
-Issues with the back brake that made the ride unsafe
-Poor speed performance on flat, even ground (10 mph tops once the battery reached 50%)
-The battery would not sit correctly in the stem and would cause it to wobble/short out
-0 ability to climb any sort of hill

The issues continued to build and at times, would take days of follow up to receive a response. The only two customer reps are "Alex" and "Eric" and the right hand does not know what the left hand is doing.

I'll spare the nitty gritty but the amount of back and forth I had to endure, for two months attempting to return, was horrific. Once they finally agreed to honor the "late" return (we're talking 16 hours), it took a month to receive a box. Apparently I got charged for not returning the scooter in its original packaging (which I didn't realize was in the rules). I was also told by Eric the restocking fee of 10% would be waived, "if there are issues with the scooter we'd have to have our mechanics look at it to see what's going on with it first before processing a refund and waiving the restocking fee." This was not honored. Alex told me they had made the concession of accepting a late return and not in its original box, so they would not honor this and Eric's email was "poorly worded." They also charged me a shipping fee to return (I had COVID and couldn't return myself in store), even though return shipping was covered under the pricey extended warranty I purchased (which was a whole other saga trying to get refunded because Levy does not know their own warranty policies and how to process refunds).

The last note I'll say about dealing with them, is that as nice as they try to be, they are not about the customer. I cannot stress this enough. They may sound casual and cool in their emails but they'd rather have your money than your loyalty and for a small business to operate this way, sucked.

Knowing that Levy is a small business in NYC, you would think given the current crisis and who they cater their market to, they would make a product that reflects this. Unfortunately, this product thoroughly disappointed. I've decided to buy a Segway scooter and have been much more satisfied with the product and customer service.
Great company experiences so far with Levy - I just wish they had more retail stores in the US.. bring one to Chicago!
Love it so far! Still learning how to best optimize the battery power with speed and distance.
Solid company making a good product that does what it says it will do. Good customer service as well.
Súper nice staff. Had a great time!
The product is reasonably priced, and the ease at which hardware can be replaced makes Levy Scooter a more affordable alternative to larger brands. The only problem is the quality of replacement parts: I have either been sent incorrect parts or damaged "new" parts because they were packaged incorrectly on three separate occasions. At the very least, I wasn't charged for replacement parts, but I expect better for the price--especially when my scooter arrived broken and was damaged at the factory.
Whatever you do, don’t buy this scooter. I don’t typically write reviews, but this circumstances is different. If I can prevent at least one person from being out $800 to this company especially right now while people are so stressed financially then that’s worth while to me. I’m just going to tell my story about my experience with the company, it’s extremely long so read it if you want or skip over it if you prefer. I purchased the Levy Plus back in August. I was so excited about it as I love scootering and the concept of getting to scooter to work every day was very exciting to me. I was literally counting the days until it arrived. I’m a hairstylist and had just don’t 6 months of being unemployed due to the covid-19 pandemic and had saved the entire time for this. It was supposed to save me money in the long run on transportation. The scooter was back ordered which is to be expected, but ended up arriving super late. That’s fine I can get over that. They left out the owners manual, the drill bit to tighten the screws, and the valve extender to fill the tires. I could not figure out why setting up the scooter was such a nightmare and after scouring the faq section of their website I found out I was missing these crucial items. I reached out immediately and they said they’d send them out the following day. I had to reach out multiple times over the next three weeks before I finally got someone to send the items out to me. When I received the scooter the neck had a wobble, but the online research I did said this was normal in manufacturing sometimes the screws aren’t tightened enough so you tighten them with the drill bit and you’re good to go, well I did not get the drill bit. Nobody told me in our communication riding the scooter with the wobble would cause any damage to it or that it could be unsafe. I finally received the items and the screws were stripped, they would not stay tightened. I reached out a handful of times about it and my concern for my safety riding it as well as a creaking sound that started and another undiagnosed sound that had popped up from the back tired. I heard back maybe once with a “wd40 it” so finally as more issues begin to arise with the scooter over the 6 weeks I had it, I finally one night wrecked the scooter completely due to the instability of the item. I had rode it to dinner close by my house with a friend and at dinner wrote them an email about how unsafe I felt it was and that I felt taken as stance if as a customer and demanded to have it replaced, in the way back wrecked the scooter completely due to the instability of it. My friend saw the entire accident and said the wobbling neck was the cause of the accident. Still after all that the company refused to replace the scooter, they instead offered to do work on it which was literally them gluing it together. I received the scooter back from the ‘repairs’ which were just a child gluing everything back together. I’ve attached a photo of one of their glue jobs below, but every ‘repair’ that was done was simply poorly glued together. There was glue all over my scooter and after riding it one time the wobble started to return slightly. I reached out again, every time I’ve had extremely unpleasant interactions that I’ve gotten nowhere in. I finally pushed and they agreed to replace the scooter. Over a month went by after I returned the scooter to be replaced and I finally reached out yet again. They told me they were sending me a scooter and sent me photos of a used one with dirt all over it and wanted to confirm this was an acceptable replacement. Needless to say, I am not accepting that. So at this point, they are refusing to return my money to me. They are also refusing to send me the brand new undamaged scooter I thought I purchased back in August. I have never been treated so poorly by a company. Especially an item at this price. They are truly an awful company to work with, please whatever you do don’t give these people your money. It is not a safe investment and the blatant disregard for the safety of their customers is disturbing.
It’s great the only reason I won’t give it five stars is because it is way to hard to fold.
I've owned the Levy Plus 10" with the 12.8aH battery for about two months now, and I have been growing increasingly disappointed in this scooter.

I'll start with the good:
This scooter is a lot of fun to ride. It handles really well, and I feel very safe and sturdy on the roads. I particularly love the 10" tires as they handle NYC potholes like champs. I use it to commute from my home (Washington Heights, NYC) to work (Hell's Kitchen, NYC), and it's been a breeze. Charging the battery is great, since I can remove it from the scooter and charge it from any regular two-pronged outlet. Great innovation. Cruise control works very well, and makes long rides a lot easier. Brakes took some tinkering to adjust to the right tension, but now that I'm there, they work splendidly.
It folds up super easily and is very easy to carry.

The Bad:
The acceleration leaves a lot to be desired - especially if I'm going up any sort of hill. I avoid all the really steep hills, but you can't avoid all hills in NYC. Going up bridges for example, it slows to about 12mph on sport mode. Not the worst thing in the world, but it's very noticeable. This also becomes a problem if I'm facing any sort of headwind at all. Slows you right down, and it becomes very frustrating.
Two months into owning this scooter, its performance is degrading drastically. It rarely, if ever, makes it up to the promised 18-19mph in sport mode. It usually cruises around 14-16mph. And I'm talking on flat terrain, with absolutely zero wind or incline. It just doesn't hit the promised speeds, and I feel slow on it because of it. I should also note, I weigh 180lbs, and usually carry a backpack that weighs ~10lbs, so I'm well below the recommended weight limit. This under-performing maximum speed is incredibly annoying - I always feel like the battery is dying, and I'm constantly checking how much power is left because I feel so slow.
Also, lately the battery has been giving me shorter and shorter rides. About ten blocks from leaving my home, I'm down to 3/5 bars of battery life (this is usually when it drops from 17/18mph to 15/16 mph too). And now, I can't even make it to work or back home again without entering into low power mode. And you might as well walk once you enter low power mode. I have a hunch that the cold weather might be affecting the battery life - but bear in mind that, as of writing this, it hasn't even dropped below freezing yet in NYC.
Now that the battery is all but dying before I reach my destination, I find myself trying to push kick the scooter which you absolutely CANNOT do because the motor does not disengage from the front wheel. This makes push kicking the scooter impractical. (This also makes free rolling down hills, like a bridge, impractical because it is actively slowing you down.)

All in all, I love this scooter for its build and how it handles. But I cannot say the same for its performance. I'll be contacting customer support eventually to see if there's anything I can do about this degrading performance, but I'm not holding my breath since my interactions with their team have been less than stellar so far.

Bottom line: If you want to use this to commute very short distances, or for joy rides - this is your scooter. But if you're trying to use this for longer rides that require a lot of good performance - be prepared for a little disappointment after a while.
Have been really happy about my Levy purchase so far. I've been scooting around lower Manhattan any it has been really convenient to get around without having to use the subway. The scooter has great pickup, and the battery life has been excellent. I've owned the scooter for 6 months so far, and would definitely buy it again. My one complaint is that it makes a bit of noise when I brake, but overall I give it an A+.
Don’t normally write reviews but I did a TON of research prior to investing in a scooter- I have wanted one long before all this covid madness began. For the cost and convenience, Levy Electric was the best option for me. I love the aesthetics of my black and green scooter, and knowing they have a flagship physical store in NYC is reassuring. They seem quite busy lately but always end up getting back to my questions within a few days. Planning to get one for my partner this holiday season so we can scoot around together...Awesome experience so far!!!!!
I bought a Levy Plus earlier this year and couldn’t be happier with my purchase. I use it daily to get around and love how smooth and sturdy the ride is. I initially had an issue with my battery charging but brought it to the Levy store and they were super helpful and got it fixed same day. All around really awesome product and really helpful people at the Nyc store!
If you factor in the warranty and servicing Levy provides it's a very valuable option for most people that need a mid-range electric scooter. They don't have the widest selection but everything is manufactured by them which gives me more confidence in the brand.
Proud owner of multiple Levy scooters. I'm 6 months in and everything is holding up well. Spare parts are easy to order, which has been good for me since we've already gotten 2 flat tires. I'd recommend switching to the solid rubber tires if it becomes a recurring issue.
Levy Electric 5 star review on 30th November 2020
Happy repeat customer of Levy. I now own both the Levy and Levy Plus scooters since this past summer, and it's provided a fun escape from the day-to-day!
Went to LES on Saturday to meet friends, left with a new Levy scooter!! Didn't know about this place until I walked by it but glad I discovered it. Was going to get something from Amazon as an early gift but this was 100% a better choice. They have a full staff for servicing / questions and the price is inline with what you would expect with other similar options.
I love the experience! And this Levy's scooter is a high quality one. The only downside is that the location's of the scooter's parking place kind of not accurate in the app. Other than that, this is a fun activity.
My ride was great. Pretty simple to use and operate, great riding through central park and the city
Levy Electric 5 star review on 22nd November 2020 Levy Electric 5 star review on 22nd November 2020
Shipping was supposed to take 5-6 business days, they claimed it would ship out on Oct 19, but it didn't come until Nov 2 so that was frustrating.

When I finally got it and took it out, the highest speed it would go was 15mph (not 18 as advertised), and then the speed cut in half when the battery reached around 75% so that was really frustrating.

After emailing them to try and solve this problem, sometimes they got back to me within 1 day but other times it took them a few days to respond.

Eventually I brought it into their store in NYC on a Thursday and they told me it would be ready to pick up by Friday or Saturday latest and I would receive a text letting me know when it was ready. By Tuesday I had still not received any text so I went in to the store and found out it still wasn't ready. I asked them if they could just deal with it right then and there, and to their credit, they just gave me a new scooter altogether. However, on the ride back, even though it got up to full speed and was operating slightly better, I was still experienced the same problems as I did with the initial scooter (i.e. the speed cut from 18mph to 11mph at about 50% battery and then continued to get slower).

The whole experience was frustrating and the scooter isn't worth it.
I own one of the scooters but a lot of friends of mine come here to rent on the weekends so we can ride together. Easy to find and rent through the app, would recommend checking them out
Levy Electric is rated 4.44 based on 149 reviews