Look after My Bills Reviews

of reviewers recommend Look after My Bills

Tell us how Look after My Bills made you happy
Look after my bills - what a total waste of time. I have tried calling and emailing and even after speaking to customer service, they have had the wrong address for me and won't update! So I have been paying for someone else's gas and electricity and my old supplier is also still charging me. Appalling how they treat customers. You should go on social media and see how many negative reviews they are. Strange it's positive on here.
DO NOT USE this company. They have made a total mess of switching me over to a new supplier and I am now paying both my previous supplier and new supplier for my energy. Both suppliers claim that I am their client. I have tried now for 3 weeks to get hold of someone at "Look after my bills" and all I get is an email telling me a complaints manager will be in touch today. That was three weeks ago and I have sent numerous emails since then (as you can not get hold of them on the phone) and I still get the same response and no apology. I am still waiting for that complaints manger to get in touch! They have the worst customer service I have ever dealt with in the UK. Rather use YOUSWITCH as they are far more reliable. DO NOT USE "LOOK AFTER MY BILLS" once the pass you over to a supplier they want nothing more to do with you!!!! Spread the word please to avoid other being taken advantage of.
This is an appalling company, they are interested only in making money from commission and will switch you to any company who will pay them, they are not interested in saving money for customers; even worse they will ignore your requests to close your account and will continue to try to switch you to a bad deal. Legal action may be the only way ton stop this.
I registered with Look After My Bills nearly six months ago and now I'm paying more than I've ever paid. In the six months since they signed me up to Together Energy I've never received a bill even though I submitted meter readings. I wish I'd never heard of Look After My Bills, what an absolute joke of a company. Steve
They are a total joke, they put me on a poor deal and even after paying the additional £60 exit fees to that company I was still better of switching breaking my contract early, using a price comparison website. So annoyed that I even bothered with these guys. All they do is send you a great first quote based on inaccurate figures most likely and then they have you. Avoid them like Covid 19....

Some of the early reviews on here must be fake as they certainly dont seem to be pleasing anyone lately.
Terrible service. I agreed to transfer my electricity to a new supplier. They arranged the transfer using the wrong address. This ended up with two electricity companies asking for money. I have made numerous phone calls to both suppliers trying to sort it out and am still doing so. Look after my bills didn't apologise or even acknowledge they had done anything wrong.
Last year I've used LAMB for switch to Tonik Energy. All went well, so was really excited about it. I saved a couple of pounds, was nice. When easier this year I was approaching the end of the deal, it all went to s**t:

1. First I was contacted by different "employees" of LAMB, that sent me the standard email, asking for my details all over again as if I was a new customer (no one changes date of birth the next year!!!) I never understood if I was replying a real person (like they like to advertise) or just random under prepared people in a "call centre". Then I got two email messages from different people stating I was going to switch to two different suppliers! And none of them matched my requirements (eg. green energy), meaning they really don't pay attention to what you fill in their forms.

2. Most important, when I finally switched (or so I thought), I got an email from previous supplier saying the deal had reached the end date and I was now on a standard (and more expensive) rate. All that at the same time as I had confirmation emails from the new supplier that they had successfully switched me and started supplying my household. Both of them charged me around £50 on my bank account. Draconian!

3. Upon identifying this, I got in touch with LAMB, and I was told I would have to touch with both suppliers and sort this mess out. They "can't deal with contracts and payments", although THEY SET UP MY NEW CONTRACT AND THR DIRECT DEBIT! Funny isn't it? They can do all that when setting up a deal that gives them a fee, but when they got that fee, they resign from any responsibilities. What a joke!

I advise people to stay away from LookAfterMyBills, it's not a customer-centric company, and they'll make your life harder then if you had done the switch yourself (just use market comparison websites when your deals are ending and switch yourself).

SHAMEFUL BEHAVIOUR!
Absolutely appalling. I signed up with them - they claim to move you if they find you a better fuel deal and in December they wrote to me to tell me they had found me a better one. So far so good, but then I noticed that, for some reason they ha dry usage incorrect. I told them this and said I 9nly wanted moving of, with that usage, it was a better deal. They decided I was better off where I was and I thought the matter was resolved. However, on January 2nd they moved me! Here we are - 11 weeks later and the matter is still not resolved. I have been away travelling so had to conduct the matter via email but, apart from ‘sorry, we are not sure waht has happened’ and ‘we will investigate...’, nothing has been done. They do not even respond to emails for about a week. Absolutely appalling.i am now going to find a phone number and really ensure they sort themselves out. In the meantime, I found this review site! No idea if they can be successful, but, if the mess up, be warned - they will not help you!
This company should be investigated for it’s shameful practices. They tried to switch me to a more expensive company and ignored my requests to cancel, the company that I was to switch too also ignored my requests, illegally, until they had taken over £140 from my account without authority. They did not provide me with any gas or electric so I view their action as straightforward theft. Wow betide them and Look After My Bills if I do not get an immediate refund! Avoid this disreputable and disrespectful company!
Look after my bills switched me over to a new supplier; yet both suppliers billed me for 3 months! This completely wiped out and more any savings I will make over the next year; and would be a disaster if it happened every year!

Customer support awful and simply tried to justify it - told I would need to try and claim back money from the suppliers myself.

Be very careful if you use them as it may not be all it seems!
Made a complete mess of my first switch. Only managed to switch the gas and I ended up with gas from one provider and electricity from the old one, meaning I missed out on the lower, dual tarrifs from both! They finally managed to get both switched, after about three months, then a week later they tried to switch me back to my old supplier. Customer support was pathetic.
Look After My BIlls has been sold to Go Compare. It's no longer the cutting edge service it claimed to be, it's just another broker trying to make a commission. Stay away. do it yourself, it's not too difficult
DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY! I did'nt know they shared my details with 3rd partys, finished up with an unknown company ( to me) telling me they had set up dd for my gas supply at a cost that was more than I was paying for dual fuel with my old provider! Complete nightmare to cancel , gone back to my old provider AND SAVED MONEY. Do not use this company.
Great concept but if you don't want a nightmare at the last minute keep away. I signed up, all great, plenty of time, got lots of nice emails stating that they had found a nice deal for me (Great). then nothing, I emailed close to my switch date saying I heard nothing only to be told I should have (That helped :-/ ) Then received an email whilst this was going on, to say my switch had been cancelled. So I decided to call my current supplier and say I was staying as we were too close to the time to change. ONLY then to get a plethora of emails from the so called new supplier saying I was moving to them and Direct Debit had been setup. What a joke. Now multiple phone calls later I don't really know where I stand. Energy Supplier blaming Looksftermybills, Lookaftermybills blaming energy supplier. What a mess.
Signed up to LAMB mid contract with a supplier and went back not long because the contract was due to end and never heard a thing back from them. Did it all myself in the end. Not worth the bother.
ANONYMOUS.
Got an email from my supplier saying ' Sorry you are leaving us '. This was news to me.They very efficiently tracked me to another company via Look after my bills.
It would appear that just by looking at LAMB website I was
transferred to a new supplier. I got a cancellation with the new supplier under the 14 day cooling off period. At no point did I get an email confirming the transfer or any request for bank details. After contacting LAMB they cancelled the transfer. I feel there was something very underhand with the ease with which LAMB operates.
It is apparently very easy to inadvertently ' sign up ' to them.
Thank goodness I escaped.
Switched me to a supplier who charges far more for electricity telling me Id save money. Miscalculated my yearly usage (deliberately to make it look like I would save money) The switch was not a smooth one and by the time I have realised this is not a good deal I am £170 worse off. Don't bother with these switching services, they fool you into thinking your saving money.
I signed up to LAMB, they began my switch but failed to provide any detail of my new tariff beyond the new provider. I asked if they had compared against my existing provider and they told me they had not. I decided to cancel my switch because they had failed to compare to a level that would be good value. They state they have limited access to suppliers and so do not compare against the full market- so my current supplier was actually a cheaper alternative.
Therefore the service is of limited benefit.
Don't talk to me about Look after my Bills, absolutely shocking service and terrible customer service and now they have removed my reviews and posts from Facebook because they tried to tell me their customer service was good. Well how about starting an investigation on 13 December but still not sorted and now being charged by Together Energy £185 for one month supply which I cancelled before it even started through Look after my Bills. Look after no-one you mean. Avoid at all costs
They signed me up with a company that was £320 a year more than they found. I asked them to cancel the switch which they confirmed they did. Since then I have made countless calls and sent emails to sort this as the new company 'Together Energy' carried on with the transfer. 3 months later and I personally am still trying to sort it. They don't reply to emails and have left me to deal with it myself. Disgusting customer service so avoid them!
Look after My Bills is rated 4.32 based on 616 reviews