Magazines Direct Reviews

of reviewers recommend Magazines Direct
Read Magazines Direct Reviews

About Magazines Direct:

Magazines Direct is your favourite magazines at great prices including Marie Claire, Woman and Home, Ideal Home, Golf, Nuts, NME, Uncut, InStyle, Livingetc, Wallpaper. Visit magazinesdirect.com. IPC Media produces over 60 iconic media brands, with print alone reaching almost two thirds of UK women and 42% of UK men – almost 26 million UK adults.

IPCsubs@quadrantsubs.com

Rockwood House, Perrymount Road

Tell us how Magazines Direct made you happy
I totally agree with other reviewers that Magazines Direct should be avoided. I placed an order for a 12 month subscription to Homes & Gardens magazine in May 2020 and 7 months later have not received a single magazine. I have wasted a lot of time going back and forth with a customer service team that tell me that that say they are experiencing delays and problems with subscriptions and that they will send me an email when these are resolved ! In my experience this company is totally incompetent so my advice to anyone thinking of using them would be not to waste your time and money.
Avoid.

Paid for Slipcases and Binders to go along with my subscriptions. Money was taken and no delivery. Months later still chasing. They asked for bank records, proof of purchase and then never reply.

Stolen my money, terrible customer service. Do not order any subscriptions of products from them.
AVOID!!! Takes ages to get through to someone. They took my renewal subscription before actually telling me anything about it or the amount. Trying to get a refund, promised it would arrive, hasn’t. Keep chasing and nothing is happening, will be taking to small claims court if this continues any longer
Placed a subscription for a magazine specifically for the free gift advertised. After 5 months I have still not received the camera bag and have had no response to my 4 emails and 2 phone calls. This organisation are scammers - avoid them.
Terrible terrible service. DO NOT RECOMMEND.. I ordered a subscription on 2nd Dec for my mum. I put my own address on for delivery instead of hers. My payment of £58 was taken straight away. I have phoned several times to change this and they say they cannot see my order. Wait 48 hours. Wait 48 hours......
Help desk have finally replied to say any change will take 10 - 14 days. That will be after Christmas. Terrible.
Since the recent merger, I’ve had direct debit dates changed without notice. I’ve also made repeated online attempts to get a missing issue of Procycling replaced without success, or even an acknowledgement. Their online form for requesting a replacement or extension of subscription doesn’t work.
Ordered one mag with Jimmy Page on front cos JP is my favourite guitarist. Nothing arrived. I gently emailed lovely people: "It didn't come, I'm not going to order a year's subscription if not even one has arrived." Even retold them my address in case. Still, nothing has arrived. I am suspecting a total scam. Thank God I didn't give money out for a year's subscription. "When I emailed in her ear, I lost another friend, oh, good times, bad times, you know I've had my share...." Bad times only with magazines direct.com. Buy Total Guitar at Tesco's instead, please.
UK - Ordered a single issue with this lot for the first time. Got an email confirmation and a record of payment in my paypal account. nothing arrived after 2 weeks. Phoned them...they had "no record of my order", guy on the phone was unhelpful. Didn't seem to know what he was doing and was reverting to canned responses.

Was advised to send them an email showing confirmation. I smell BS all over this lot, opened a dispute with paypal. These people are time wasters, stay away.
No deliveries of goods 7 months. Failed in its obligation as a company under consumer and contract law Promised a refund in Sept 2020 by cheque it still has not arrived.
Excuse after excuse no contact by email telephone or letter.
Now coming uo to a year still not resolved. This company is disgraceful and will only it seems respond to legal action. Guess what my next option will be
Please do not use this appalling mess of a company.
I have been a long time subscriber 10 years +. Since April 2020, I have not received any issues from my pre-paid subscription. I keep getting boiler plate responses "We have checked our records and can confirm all the issues have been despatched to you, and can only assume they have been lost within the postal system."

Nonsense!!! I could see an issue or two, but not losing 8 issues!
I suspect they are in financial trouble. I will not renew with this company, as I find them disingenuous and disreputable.
Took magazine subscription out last year as a gift for one off payment and have just had a payment taken out of my account by them which I did not authorise. Spoken to my bank who are in the process of getting this refunded. Has put me off doing any future subscriptions with them for sure !
Do not have a subscription with this company!! I have never received the free gift that was part of the subscription package. Automated email responses are received and when you do get a human response they have no idea and not tied up any previous emails that I have sent to their colleagues. Absolutely useless. Don't waste your money
Never sent "gift" that was part of subscription deal. The contact form on the website results in absolutely no response (sent to messages) and phone calls result in promises that don't materialise, with dates that move. They just don't seem to care.
What a Rubbish Company, i ordered the CLASSIC ROCK 280 MOTORHEAD ACE OF SPADES BUNDLE in September and received nothing. i complained through Customer Service twice and received a Standard reply that due to a database upgrade all inquiries are delayed,,,, thats for overone month now.
Seems they are quick enough to take your money and then just ignore you,,,,,, SCAM!!!
Unbelievably poor! ..... not only do they take your money and not deliver your order, but when you try to pursue your enquiry you just get standard automatic email replies with zero action resulting!! ...... has this company just gone home and taken their furlough payments .... my guess is Yes!!
Subscription to Classic Rock magazine.
Missing issues and late deliveries are my biggest complaint. 4 missing issues never received. Monthly issues taking more then 2 months to receive terrible service.
Awful customer service. If I could give 0 stars I would!

They have wrongly been taken money out of my account for 2 months. When trying to contact them you get a automated response with NO customer care at all. The worse company I have dealt with in years! DO NOT GET A SUBSCRIPTION THROUGH THEM!
Simply deleted my accountwhen myfavoritemagazines.uk merged into magazinesdirect.com. My magazines were never delivered, and I had to contact my bank to cancel the credit operation.
This company is a scam.
Been trying for 2 months now, about subscription I have paid for and received confirmation, now they say they have never received payment even though I have supplied credit card statements showing payment. Absolutely appalling customer service
They charged me double my initial purchase and never got back to me after dozens of emails. Avoid at all costs
Magazines Direct is rated 1.10 based on 153 reviews