Matalan Reviews

Over A Week
Returns & Refunds
Refunds Process
Difficult

Tell us how Matalan made you happy
Matalan 1 star review on 19th September 2018
JoThomson68
Matalan 1 star review on 26th July 2017
Hayley Armit
Matalan 1 star review on 21st July 2017
Matalan 1 star review on 21st July 2017
More Photos & Videos
Awful Awful place to shop. Awful customer service with a Manager with no customer skills at all who walks away when talking to her. This is Matalan Heeley Sheffield. I ordered something online & paid for next day delivery. Went to collect but item had not arrived. All the sales assistant could say was This Happens all the time!!! To cut a long story short. I got no joy they just turned their back on me. I will go to store tomorrow but don’t expect much. I advise anyone don’t shop at Matalan & I will certainly not recommend them to anyone. You would think with stores closing all the time they would want customers not turn them away.
Awful Awful place to shop especially Matalan Heeley Sheffield. The customer service is terrible and the manager I spoke to (would love to name her but probably not a good idea) is even worse. She walked away whilst I was talking to her & said she couldn’t help me. I ordered a garment on line & paid for next day delivery. I have been to collect & it hadn’t arrived, not one person helped me, all the sales assistant could say was ‘it happens all the time’ like I need to know that. I now have to go back to store tomorrow & hope it has arrived. I will never shop there again & will never recommended to anyone. If other people out there intent to go think again !!!!!
Ordered over £100 of clothes for my children but it arrived with half of it missing. Was refunded £2!! This was 2months ago and now they will not reply to any emails. I opened a case in paypal but it was decided in their favour as they had already refunded me £2 which was for 1 item there was another 18 items missing. So i am now out of pocket. Very very bad customer service completely avoid!
Ordered some items online and was advised by email my parcel had been despatched on 14th Aug. As of yesterday (20th) it still hadn't arrived so I tracked it and the Hermes site said they were waiting for my parcel from Matalan. Called Matalan and they said it was lost and they would refund me within 5 days. The rep was very offhand and barely offered an apology. I tried to re-order but at least two of the items were out of stock. Very poor customer service.
Matalan in Newbury Berks, I bought a couple of items in the sale but the trousers were marked 16 but would easily have fitted 20, the top was 18 and would have fitted 22,
Being sale items I should have tried them on as you can only get a credit not a refund,
I found the trousers in a 12 which I tried on and fitted me just right but they didnt have a smaller top.
I took them to the desk and the assistant was really nasty and said only a credit no refund which I did know but she gave it some attitude. I said there was a problem with sizes and she then said its not her problem take it up with head office. Then as if to prolong the transaction when I asked for the credit she nastily said its not ready and then made me wait while she did it in slow mo.
Never had such a bad experience as this with Matalan. I was disappointed and sad that someone could try to demeen me in a retail experience, Doesnt want to make me want to go back and spend the credit
Got two pair of braces from Matalan on line - both went in to the bin , only three clips were working on each pair.
I ordered and paid for a medium suitcase on 1st August for an 18th that weekend. I have no problem with the actual case - that looks fine BUT I received a very small one in error so asked them to exchange it to the one I’d paid for. They said they couldn’t and that I’d have to take it into a store ... I explained that I couldn’t get to a store and as it was their error I’d expect them to arrange collection of the wrong order and deliver the correct one. They refused. I’ve had countless emails and phone calls and nothing has been done - in fact they are no longer answering my emails. The birthday has been and gone with no present. I am absolutely furious!!! They have effectively stolen from me as they still have my money for the large suitcase and I have a cheaper version... they are still refusing to refund. Is this legal?? I would advise you to steer clear of Matalan!!
I had a horrible experience with one pinafore dress which I did buy it for my granddaughter,and received the parcel after 16 days and a lot of nerves calling them to track the order. The delivery company was a complete rubbish also.
I ordered some children’s holiday clothes. I had 14 days to collect the click and collect parcel from the store. On day 13 I got an email telling me I had failed to collect my parcel and I had been refunded. I contacted the head office and asked why this had happened. They told me to call the store. They had already opened my parcel and put everything out on the shop floor to be resold. The store manager said she assumed that I wasn’t going to collect my order. She then said I had to buy my order back which I chose to do. When I went to buy it back the cashier told me I’d had 14 days to collect my parcel. I said I had only had 13 days and pointed out the date on my invoice. I was at the till over 30 minutes while she slowly served me. My packaging had been thrown away so I had no bag and the woman serving me refused to give me one. A manager in store admitted they were wrong to open my parcel and admitted they hadn’t given me 14 days to collect my order. They don’t deserve one star.
Absolutely disgusting quality and service. Customer service isn't even in this country they can hardly speak English. Also my order was refunded as items wasn't available then they withdrew money again for items that was in stocks without even asking. Discrageful they don't even contact you back just an automated message.
I made a £190 delivery order with Matalan having to recieve the order for next day delivery. My delivery was not delievered to be. I contacted Matalan customer services and it was taken them 3 weeks to deal with my claim. They have now concluded that the parcel was delivered and signed for. The signature for the parcel wasn't a signature it was a scribble who h has no indication that it was signed by myself. During my emails back and fourth with. Customer service I have had to send 3 emails at a time before receiving a response. There service has been terrible and I will never again be using Matalan again or there services.
Couldn't fault the service recieved both in store and online
Despicable service from a called assistant - manager at the Matalan high street store - Oxford Street - Is is staggering that someone from such position, not only can misuse her "power" but also apply a total lack of an ethical standard. Appalling way to communicate with her costumer and her shocking inability to handle a complaint about her staff; - another line manager) question the company's capability of hiring skill staffs; shambles store; badly managed; even the manager that I spoke to, didn't have the correct approach. Then making complaints to the customer services which cannot be reached over the phone doesn't respond to complaints; is NOT FIT FOR PURPOSE! Total waste of time to shop at this store there are many others with a much better standard! 'Why bothered' 'Time to go now Matalan give space for others!
Went in store Sunday 16th june charlton t bought a suit for a wedding this saturds 22. Paid for next day delivery. Received email to sau it was in transit.Today is Friday been in store was told it's been lost. Really waist of time.
Purchased a few items some delivered by Hermes Excellent 100% service. Called in yesterday to my local Matalan branch Southport-and was dealt with by Jackie who was such a pleasant professional lady made shopping so stress free. This lady is a credit to Matalan well done.
I ordered some tops and hoodie for my nephew. I returned them on 7th June and they received the items on 8th June.
I have emailed them twice so far to see how long the refund takes and have had no reply to either.
Am waiting on refund to order something for his birthday 😞
Have great quality clothing and are quick if ordered online. They have clothing and accessories that are in style too.❤
I purchased a 2 pack set of bras. Only to find when I opened them at home, that the package (which didn't appear to have been opened previously) contained 2 different sizes bras.
I would return them, but the car fuel cost far out-ways the cost of the item.
I think Matalan manager in Bulwell are not The best because I work there for 16 year the manager did not like me and The hr did not like me
I am LIVID! Only ordered a cushion but when it didn't arrive to the store and they weren't sure why, I contacted the customer services email and never got a reply. Tut...

So, popped in to the store again to try and get to the bottom of where my order was to be told they had LOST THE ORDER "It probably fell off the back of the lorry"!!!! Told that I would need to contact customer services for a refund and they would order it next day delivery for me to make up for the mistake.

Called customer services for a refund, however, ordered the item again (next day delivery as advised) but was told I would have to CALL AGAIN if I wanted the delivery charge refunded. Ffs...

So here we are, two trips to the store, one email and THREE CHARGED PHONE CALLS LATER, I finally have my cushion but they refused to cover the inconvenience costs.

I can accept accidents happen by my goodness, three weeks to sort and being out of pocket has left me VERY UNHAPPY.

Good luck to anyone whose order falls off the back of a lorry!
Matalan is rated 4.04 based on 1,548 reviews