Matalan Reviews

Over A Week
Returns & Refunds
Refunds Process
Difficult

Tell us how Matalan made you happy
Matalan 1 star review on 19th September 2018
JoThomson68
Matalan 1 star review on 26th July 2017
Hayley A
Matalan 1 star review on 21st July 2017
Matalan 1 star review on 21st July 2017
More Photos & Videos
To all of you complaining about the call center based in Bulgaria I have to say that we all are stressed daily because of your ridiculousness. As a worker there we have to deal with your awful british accent, indian accent, nigerian accent and many other accents. Do not judge where the call center is in, have a look at your own country since 80% are emigrants and british people (not all) are disrespectful, rude, non stop complaining, permanently unhappy and are all acting like the queen itself. Probably the worst nationality to work with. Try to be understanding, we are young, working for a very low salary, trying to pay for our studying fees, rent and basically living like animals for funny money dealing with your royalty asses DAILY, getting bossed around by managers, licking butts and apologizing for how dumb some clients are!!!!!!
I ordered online to be delivered to my local Blackburn store, the estimated delivery was 3-5 days. Needless to say I did not receive any contact from them.

I called into the store to check if it had actually arrived. I was greeted by the most aggressive female store supervisor, who as I arrived was speaking to a member of her staff in a rude and aggressive manner.

She told me that the item had not arrived and on three occasions tried to grab my mobile from me to view the email from Matalan.

Completely unacceptable.

I was then shocked to see that the item I had ordered were on display a d for sale in the store.

The rude supervisor told me that I couldn't take one of these items and could not cancel the order until it arrived in the store.

Tried to contact Matalan with no response

I will never shop in a Matalan store or on line. Terrible service from both.
placed order for delivery on 22nd august - still waiting for delivery 9 working days later on 4th September. terrible service. Emails go unanswered, just an automated reply, the phone line for online orders (described as "our friendly customer service team") just cuts you off and if you choose "store" selection you are left listening to the on-hold music and being told "we know you are waiting" for over 5 mins (i gave up then). will never order from them again.
Order confirmed 4th June. Still not been processed and its the 30th June. Very poor service, even in these difficult times. Will not use this store on line again.
Sent a faulty item back on 3rd June, it’s now 29th June and despite 5 unanswered emails STILL no refund !! Absolutely appalling customer service, I will NEVER use Matalan again. They do not care at all about their customers and should learn from John Lewis whose customer service is excellent.
Absolutely Appalling Service!!
I ordered a pair or boots from Matalan online and received notification that my order was being processed. One week later I received an email to say this item was now out of stock. I have ordered many items from bigger stores than Matalan and recieved every order within 3 days, yet Matalan take a week to tell me they are out of stock. I am still waiting for my refund 10 days later. I have phoned customer service for this refund and each time I've given up after a 30 minute wait ....... do here I am, no order and still waiting for my refund. Come on Matalan, this is MY money, not yours....... Refund please!!!
Ordered Fiera Kitchen Mixer Tap almost 3 weeks ago. Received emailed shortly after saying that my item had been dispatched. After waiting over a week I emailed them to enquire where my tsp was. They took 2 days to reply. They apologised for the delay & said should receive my order in the next few days. That was a week ago. Poor service , the worst I have ever experienced. Stay way a way for ordering from this establishment.
Good evening David, please accept our sincere apologies for the delay in despatching your order, this was due unprecedented interest in the promotion which created a backlog of orders resulting on some orders exceeding our typical delivery timeframes for this product. We have taken onboard the feedback and implemented changes to ensure future promotions don't result in these types of delays. Kind regards. Karl
I ordered a number of items amounting to £100 - 3 weeks ago - with next day delivery. The order never arrived.

I complained after about a week of waiting and was told they would 'investigate' what happened. After a further week of no contact, I got in touch with them again and they said they were waiting for a response from the courier to help with their 'investigation'. At this point - they gave me a refund for the delivery fee of £5 but not the purchase amount of c£100. So in essence, they accept that the delivery was faulty and refunded its fee but have not provided a refund for the products themselves (which they clearly now know never arrived!). We're now in week 3 and I complained some more .. they told me they have now 'ESCALATED TO A PHONE CALL' with the courier - which is frankly just offensive!

I am APPALLED at the utter disregard MATALAN has for their customers and have essentially been ROBBED.

DO NOT BUY FROM THIS TERRIBLE COMPANY!! You will regret it.
trying to get a delivery date was an impossible task.No problem with the product but the actual delivery is a nightmare
I will never shop with matalan again. They dropped the item I ordered by £50 a few days after I ordered but refused to give me the refund. I then found the same item on a competitors website £100 cheaper.
The whole experience left a very sour taste.
Although beautifully packed, upon removing my bath panel I noticed that there was a piece missing on the edge where, presumably it had been dropped. After sealing the fault to hopefully stop it swelling in the moistness of the bathroom, this was disguised beneath the lip of the bath, hence no need to return the panel.
Hi Claire,

I’m really sorry to hear that the bath panel arrived damaged. We strive to deliver all of our orders in perfect condition, however on this occasion that was not the case and for that I sincerely apologise.

On the rare occasion that a customer does receive a damaged product we would almost always offer a replacement to be arranged at no additional charge.

I am pleased to here that the issue hasn’t caused you any more inconvenience and that you’re now able to enjoy your bathroom once again.

Should you wish to discuss this issue further then please do not delay in contacting myself or colleagues on 03333443177 (8am - 6pm Monday to Friday or email us at hello@matalandirect.com

Many thanks,

Danan
I can only say how poor their customer service is!
The website promises delivery in 2-4 days I had to wait 15 days
The day of delivery came and the guys who delivered were fine but they arrived 2 hours after promised delivery time!
Two items were wrong and when I phoned they made me pay up front to get the new item delivered and I have to wait until they collect the items before I get a refund!
The customer service is the worst I have ever experienced!
Let hope the bathroom suite lives up to expectations!
I haven’t been shopping for clothes since the Covid virus started.. I am a regular shopper at Matalan and so are my friends and family.
My daughter and I decided last week to take advantage of the sales after being advertised on my e-mail and on tv.
I was well aware we couldn’t try things on due to Covid. We thought never mind we could try them on at home and if they didn’t fit would allow refund with receipt as it’s not our fault we can’t try we was wrong. We kept some items not on sale and some that was. We returned to the shop with returned item that did not fit to be told we couldn’t have a refund on sale items only a exchange or gift card as this was their returns policy. If we could have tried these items on we wouldn’t have paid for them.i respect we can’t do that but surely this policy is for items you have the choice to try on so you can exchange or choose not to buy. If I would have purchased them online they would have had to refund.
This has put myself friends and family off buying sale items at Matalan in fact probably going at all. I see this as forcing customers to purchase other products they don’t want and if I had of exchanged what if they did not fit also running back and forth to the shop to find a size that still might not fit correctly. Under these circumstances not being able to try on Matalan should have changed this rule. I certainly will be informing my work colleagues and further people I know as I am a key worker too and haven’t time to keep running back and forth.i hope this will help future customers also as some people no longer have a job and could not afford to have their money tied up on a Matalan card through no fault of their own.
I placed an order 6 days ago, was told it would be delivered on or before 6th july, now it's saying on or befor 8th july...still processing
I think a lot of companys are using this pandemic as an excuse , I think 2 weeks is a bit slow , I won't use this company again, unless they get their finger out and send my order pretty damned quick.
Made an order in the evening on line, for two pair of track suit bottoms, realised after ordering I had entered wrong size, sent an e mail to customer services next morning asking if they could amend my order size from small to medium (have yet to receive a reply). Decided to telephone their customer service after a 25 minute wait on the telephone finally got through, ask if I could amend my order, was told once ordered they can’t make changes even though my order has not been dispatched yet. What was so difficult about this request. Get you act together Matalan
Online Order
Placed an order online and thought it would be a better option to deliver to store for collection as I am at work all day.
Placed order and received delivery date as the 6th which would make it a wait time of 7 days.
Thought 7 days is rather long but went along with it as I could collect on the 7th Saturday not in work.
So instructions said I would receive an email and sms to collect my package on the 6th sounds good.
6th arrives and passes and no email no sms so I ring up today 7th only to be told one of my items has arrived in store but you can not collect as the order is not complete the other item is delayed.
I ask when it is going to arrive and am told should be around middle of next week.
This is a first time I have used Matalan online and will be my last if I wanted to wait 2 weeks that would be fine but really these days online orders arrive next day in most cases or at least 3 days later.
I can order from Germany and receive in 2 days,China free postage and get my parcel in 2 weeks.
Matalan based up the road in Knowsley can not get my items to me and there warehouse is 30 minutes drive up the M62.
Poor service.
Appalling customer service - I ordered items which my daughter had asked for and when I picked the parcel up half were missing but I had no communication to say this was the case. Only upon contacting Matalan did they tell me they could not fulfil the order as they did not have enough stock!! An email communication to tell me this before I picked the parcel up would have been helpful! I am waiting on average 3 days before getting an email response even though this is an ongoing issue and this is still not resolved even though we are 2 weeks on! I will NEVER be ordering from this company again
Shrewsbury store humiliated in front of customers and staff by the store manager
I bought bathroom goods less than four weeks ago, they went rusty so I returned to the store with them.
the store manager refused to refund offered an exchange or credit note, I asked if I could speak to customer service, was told yes but you won't understand them they are in Bulgaria !! (why do you have customer service in Bulgaria if they don’t speak English) I said that was fine though and could I use a phone as I had not got mine, I was refused, I am thinking how can this happen for a second time, then she said in front of the staff and customers, I remember you, you are the one (not lady) that brought back legging, I refused the return then because you had no receipt (I had my PayPal receipt) (it was the same person) I came out of the store shaking and upset, how can a manager speak to anyone this way, especially in front of other customers who were all watching along with the staff.
I ordered and paid for a medium suitcase on 1st August for an 18th that weekend. I have no problem with the actual case - that looks fine BUT I received a very small one in error so asked them to exchange it to the one I’d paid for. They said they couldn’t and that I’d have to take it into a store ... I explained that I couldn’t get to a store and as it was their error I’d expect them to arrange collection of the wrong order and deliver the correct one. They refused. I’ve had countless emails and phone calls and nothing has been done - in fact they are no longer answering my emails. The birthday has been and gone with no present. I am absolutely furious!!! They have effectively stolen from me as they still have my money for the large suitcase and I have a cheaper version... they are still refusing to refund. Is this legal?? I would advise you to steer clear of Matalan!!
I think Matalan manager in Bulwell are not The best because I work there for 16 year the manager did not like me and The hr did not like me
Matalan is rated 4.03 based on 1,557 reviews