Matalan Reviews

Over A Week
Returns & Refunds
Refunds Process
Difficult

Tell us how Matalan made you happy
Items ordered 4 weeks ago, I have sent proof of purchase from my bank statement and photo of items showing paid by visa. I have tried to access my account but their e mail freezes when I am trying to change password as I has forgotten it. Absolutely disgusting to take our money and then not be able to give any inclination of delivery. Phone lines closed. For a high street store their customer service is none existent. They are still encouraging people to order on line which is dishonesty at the very least.
I wouldn’t give Matalan 1 star if I could as they are that bad. Order was dispatched 2nd April has been lost by the courier and they won’t give me a refund yet proof on the couriers site I haven’t received it! I have had to go through my credit card company to try to get my money back. Avoid this company there service is awful.
I ordered online 2 soap dispensers and they both were delivered completely broken. I got in touch with customer service and they promised to refund the money - never got this refund. Shocking service for a chain retailer. So disappointing. order #43116345
Broken spoon rest. Couldn’t be bothered sending back due to me having to pay the postage then wait for a refund. Not worth the effort. As they say, you learn your mistakes. Won’t order on-kind sgss as in from this company.
I have placed an order 4 times in 4days and this has been cancelled by Matalan each time due to “stock problems” yet the items ordered remain for sale online. Disgraceful service. Will be contacting the CEO
Went out my way to personally hand back to store my purchases for a refund 6 weeks ago. 4 items in bag, got refunded for 1 but not the other 3. Have emailed twice with generic emails back saying they will get back in touch. No word. Of all the online shopping I have done, this is by far the worst. Won’t be using them again. Disgraceful customer service. So angry 😡
Couldn’t get in touch with customer services even though Matalan give out that number if you need to phone.
Click and collect takes far to long, ordered something early last week and today 7th April it still hadn’t arrived, I would never order anything from Matalan again.
Very disappointed indeed.
I placed an order on 24 February and received email confirmation saying it will be delivered by 18 March. Nothing has been delivered. I have emailed many times and sent a written letter to which I have received no reply. It seems impossible to get a refund as my emails are ignored and the phone lines are closed. Would not recommend or use again.
Never received my items, got completely ignored for months!
I have spent over £40 and still haven't received my order, order was placed 6th March, it is now 7th April and no sign of my order. No response to my emails and the phone lines are closed. Disgusting treatment, give me my money back you theiving robbers.
Customer service is a joke. I've had a delivery come through and half the stuff is missing. I've waited for the relevant 15 working days on the sales items and now its been over a month, I'm getting no response from their customer service. There is no phone number to call. Absolutely frustrated now.
No movement on a parcel for 10+ days and no communication from matalan. Now I just want a refund
Joke of a company, placed 2 seperate orders, one dispatched and lost the only part fulfilled as items are no-longer in stock?!! Still awaiting 2 refunds, absolutely shocking service.
Orders says despatched but not delivered. Cannot get in touch with anybody to talk to about it, e mails don't get a responce
Waiting a month for my order no response from customer service team. Poor customer service! The items clearly aren't coming and I can’t get a response from anyone to get a refund!!
Ordered £46 of clothes. Went over £40 to get the promised free delivery. Have had 2 deliveries, only half of the items, and 2 are incorrect. They've taken money for these from my bank and charged me £4 postage. No response to emails. Worst online shopping experience I've had during this pandemic. Wont be doing it again.
Rubbish company as per all the below 1 star reviews items ordered out of stock or take weeks to arrive. why is it showing as a 4.5 star company when you scroll below they are nearly all 1 star where doses the other 3.5 stars come from?
Wouldnt bother ordering from matalan . They don’t arrive , and what ever does arrive isn’t what you ordered . Waste of time . Took over 5weeks to arrive and it wasn’t even in the correct size .
I don't want to leave bad reviews but this store sadly takes the cake. I'll explain why.

1) Over the past month I've ordered items 3 times and each time they've cancelled my order. Why have it listed on the website? if you haven't got the stock, say it. Highly annoying when it happens over and over again and you've no idea if the thing you bought has been bought or not.

2) Processing times are slow. You have to wait up to a week to find out anything about your order (Mine were cancelled 3 times, but i still had to wait nearly a week to find that out)

On the pros side, they do fairly good sales and a decent selection of clothes it's just a shame they destroy their own rep by simply not having a website display the correct stock they have at the time of viewing like most other websites/stores.
Absolute rubbish company waited over 4 weeks to be told my parcel had been sent out.4 days later its missing and they have issued me with a refund yet said it had got sent out.7 days later still waiting for my refund of nearly 60quid.my bank said there is no refund as it would have shown on there system liars
Matalan is rated 3.83 based on 1,681 reviews