Matalan Reviews

Over A Week
Returns & Refunds
Refunds Process
Difficult

Tell us how Matalan made you happy
Would you like to add photos or videos?
Matalan 1 star review on 19th September 2018
JoThomson68
Matalan 1 star review on 26th July 2017
Hayley Armit
Matalan 1 star review on 21st July 2017
Matalan 1 star review on 21st July 2017
More Photos & Videos
All the items were delivered' and in a quick period. Would recommend.
BRILLIANT.......Brill online service and delivery and their summer men’s clothes are sooooo good, I can’t stop buying, it’s good value and style and fit!!
I had received items ordered on line, unfortunately cannot return them due to isolation and stores closed, contacted customer service who confirmed they will accept returns once stores reopen providing have receipts
Awful experience with customer service a couple of times !
Sent me the wrong colour suitcase... website says they will refund postage if incorrect dispatch.
Customer Service told me to keep the suitcase for 2 MONTHS until the stores reopen!!!?
What?! So your return policy on the website is lying then?
Terrible customer service... kept putting me on hold and repeating over and over I’ve to keep the suitcase for 2 MONTHS UNTIL and then return to the shop
Customer service non existent , ordered some jeans online supposed to be slim fit but looked like a pair of flares. Phoned someone in the office to see if the 14 day return still applies as obviously the shops are closed and couldn't return there , so had to take to post office to send back in tome for a refund at a cost to me of £9.00 . I phoned customer service to see if i would be refunded fo postage as its not my fault I couldn't take back to shop to be told they don't regund postage if the iyems aren't damaged or wrongly sent . Certainly will notbe using this shop again and will warn other freinds and family not to either
Matalan cares more about making money than their employees health and wellfare
Unprofessional with no customer service or care.

After endless trying to get sense from those clearly lacking some, I finally was advised someone would be contacting me. However sadly yet again they’d misunderstood what was required. So with that I went back to them. I commented that someone had remarked that if they didn’t respond they’d in fact go to the store and damage stock items. I advised that I wouldn’t myself do something like that.

Now from that I’ve been told that as I’ve implied or made a threat as far as Matalan are concerned the previous horrific service by Matalan is no longer a matter they’ll look into. You couldn’t make this rubbish up.

Just a dinosaur in the retail world, and as such I look forward to their extinction.
Do not use. You do not get all what your ordered. Emailed them to say I didn’t didn’t received all my items and no response. Please do not use
Just arrived home purchase tankini the card attached to bottom of tankini says 10 the cotton label 12 not happy do not need another journey to matalan
Was told my order would arrive in store on the 11th or earlier now the 13th and still waiting, why lie
X2teaplates ordered cannot complain about service but my goodness the packaging was very extreme needless to say they arrived intact!!
Great service.
I got treat horrible a woman on a desk called steph wouldn't let me have my item as I told her I didn't get an email but I said I have a bank card or a state ment but she still wouldn't give me them as thay arrive
Visited at quiet time on a Friday morning. One worker on till whilst another stood chatting to them. We stood in queue whilst they finished their chat. Appalling customer service. Think some training is required
Shocking experience with Head Office customer services. Even store staff exasperated by the inability of Head Office to ratify store decision. Seem to take an approach of "we don't believe you", so let's start from there. Absolutely clueless how to deal with customers. Head of their customers services seriously needs to understand the importance of people skills.
Fast delivery excellent value great quality
Terrible experience!
Dishonest and disrespectful towards customers. Don’t pay attention While working at till.
The employees not trained how to deal with customers. I have been cheated recently by an employee on the till who didn’t returned my back. She kept talking with her colleagues while I was paying in cash and didn’t return the right amount of money back. She started arguing that she received £2.20 less than that was actually paid. She wasted my precious time in arguing and investigating. The manager investigating the camera for the recording but said that they couldn’t find the evidence though it’s clear in recording that u paid the full money I claimed.
The only cause for all this dispute was the ignorance of the worker at till who was not attending the customer carefully and she didn’t focussed busy talking with her colleague. She didn’t count the total money paid to her and refused to give back the right amount due.
It was my first time shopping at Matalan and it was terrible experience at Slough branch.
I ordered online to be delivered to my local Blackburn store, the estimated delivery was 3-5 days. Needless to say I did not receive any contact from them.

I called into the store to check if it had actually arrived. I was greeted by the most aggressive female store supervisor, who as I arrived was speaking to a member of her staff in a rude and aggressive manner.

She told me that the item had not arrived and on three occasions tried to grab my mobile from me to view the email from Matalan.

Completely unacceptable.

I was then shocked to see that the item I had ordered were on display a d for sale in the store.

The rude supervisor told me that I couldn't take one of these items and could not cancel the order until it arrived in the store.

Tried to contact Matalan with no response

I will never shop in a Matalan store or on line. Terrible service from both.
Worst online customer service ever. Click and collect takes ages they don’t respond to emails either. I honestly would not recommend them
Online they are rubbish, aided and abetted by DPD
Ordered - nothing happens, 5 days later an mail lands saying they have sent the order, and I'll get a mail after that and a text to say when it's in the store to collect.
Nothing happens.
I ring up "we'll open an investigation"
Nothing happens.
I ring again "It's been lost" they say "re-order"
"Really???" I say
"We'll send you a 20% discount voucher as an apology"
Great, except their website doesn't recognise the voucher.
So I drive to the store, pick an alternative suit, explain whats happened to the manageress who apologies, and gives me a 20% discount.
In short, on-line they are rubbish, in the shop, helpful.
Matalan is rated 4.05 based on 1,541 reviews