Matalan Reviews

Over A Week
Returns & Refunds
Refunds Process
Difficult

Tell us how Matalan made you happy
Absolutely disgusting service from Matalan, customer service is none existence, before any one says its covid All other stores have handled there customers far better than Matalan have, they have lost my custom and i think certainly a lot more get my parcel to me matalan or give me my money back!!!!! simple
Lovely cushions and speedy delivery. After problems with a few orders I have to give 10/10 at last for a hassle free order and really quick delivery.
After a few hiccoughs about an order and a few emails re my problem, I have to give Matalan 10/10 for a speedy response and delivery of my order. The order contained cushions and they are lovely - also 5*. A very relieved and happy customer.Thankyou!
I always shopped at other p,,,,k stores as I thought good and cheap but over the years I’ve realised that other stores do not offer the quality and reductions that Matalan’s offer in their goods as I’m a very fussy where quality goes and you win me over 1000% thankyou
I am isolating with my disabled daughter so unable to get to the shop I am a long standing shop customer . I ordered 4 pair of slippers for Christmas presents and they were never delivered I repeatedly sent email to you and now you want to order an order no which haven’t got as I was never sent one totally disregarded as a loyal customer and told to take it up with PayPal ant believe that’s how the treat old customers
Matalan s customer service is absolutely hopeless and there return policy and refund cards needs imroving as the they are losing there customers.

there is no where you can check your refund card balance and customer lose their refund and thats how they makemoney from customers.
I am not very impressed with your company I bought some Pyjamas from you and you emailed me today saying that they are out of stock so I googled for some more and yours came up yet again in the same size and saying that they are in stock and in the same size not impressed with this
What Customer Service - does it actually exist? Shocking way to conduct business. Poor in store service and no after service. If you could rate them as Zero I would. I understand that Covid has impacted on businesses this year but this is not acceptable.
Matalan STILL haven't received my order, no update and NO response to any of my emails or messages. Shocking customer service. I expect an URGENT RESPONSE! 😤
Ordered Christmas present on 2nd December amount £32.00 for family member in care home, was emailed I could collect in store on or after 16th went to store on the 19th still no parcel. Staff or manager of no help what so ever same as everyone else can't contact this company please everyone don't order or buy anything from MATALAN!!!
Received two christmas polar bears, when arrived both were smashed to pieces. Emailed Matalan several times along with photos but NO response.
I know its only £18.00 plus delivery but its better in my pocket than theirs. Basically if I don't get money refunded they have stolen from me!
NON EXISTENT CUSTOMER SERVICE ..like many others who ordered online I too have only received part delivery and cannot get hold of anyone at Matalan. .I suggest EVERYONE emails the press dept at Matalan and copies in watchdog ..emails can be found online
After one month waiting for the Sonic top and one week for customer service to reply to my message , I finally found out that they lost the parcel, just a few days before Christmas. You should be ashamed.Thats the first and last time I'll buy something from Matalan. There is a hundred another shops who wouldn't let their customer down.
Where is the rest of my order I ordered 8 items and only received one these are Christmas presents what’s going on ???? Paid big money 😡😡😡😡😡😡
Goods not received. Email sent by matalan to say part of the order had been returned with refund. I WANT MY ORDER HONOURED.

I see that matalan states order not a contract until delivered. That's v odd as contact law states that contract is binding when money taken.
Money was taken by matalan.

No mention of second part of the order.
Date of delivery has passed. Nothing delivered.
Email x2 to matalan with no response.

No phone service

How can a business operate this way?

I note that matalan has four stars in reviews

How???

Trust pilot has much lower rating and rates matalan as BAD - lowest of 5 ratings.
I ordered five items on 1st December in the half price sale.
I received a confirmation email.
Money was taken from my account for £70
I was advised that home delivery would take place between 11-15th December (a long time, but the impact of covid...)
I then find an email stating I would get a refund on 3 of the goods I ordered following my return.
I had NOT returned any items as I have NOT RECEIVED them.

Tried ringing but phonetics are not staffed due to heavy online traffic (????).

I have emailed querying what has happened.

I have checked website, items are available but now full price - so they ARE in stock.

The website states that Christmas delivery deadline has passed!!!

The customer experience has been awful.

The website terrible and no effort to properly inform customers.

I am wondering if this company is going under.
Goods not received, phone lines shut and an email address that never answers. So Christmas presents you are unsure you will receive at all and no way of getting money back. I always buy online from here but will never again now
I understand that due to the pandemic Matalan have closed all stores and John Hargreaves is seeking £ 60m bailout. They should not be taking money for online orders which they are not delivering,all responses are automatically sent to queries.
I ordered £31-95 goods on 28th November,still awaiting delivery.
Order no #39707327.
Will be contacting TRADING STANDARDS want a Refund.
Matalan’s courier service and customer care system is terrible! The courier service did not try to deliver my parcel and Matalan have closed down their customer service telephone lines so the only way to contact either them or the delivery company is via email with no response from either.
Bought some items worth £150 on Nov 10 2020 and still yet to receive them.

This were initially delivered to store and because of the lockdown Matalan decided to delivered the item to billing address without me requesting for it.

On the 30th of October 1 item out of 22items was delivered to my door with a proved. I have since been calling their customer services, sending emails without any good response.
been to store, only for them to ask me to go back to customer service.

This item were meant to be Christmas gift which are obviously useless now but at least I should be entitled to my money back.

I will go to every review website until my money is refunded.
Matalan is rated 3.92 based on 1,619 reviews