Matalan Reviews

Over A Week
Returns & Refunds
Refunds Process
Difficult

Tell us how Matalan made you happy
Matalan 1 star review on 19th September 2018
JoThomson68
Matalan 1 star review on 26th July 2017
Hayley Armit
Matalan 1 star review on 21st July 2017
Matalan 1 star review on 21st July 2017
More Photos & Videos
I have sent items back on June 5th but had no response from matalan. I emailed and got an automated message, waited still nothing. Sent another message and they replied "things are taking longer because of covid" 14 days is what it's supposed to take for a refund! You received items on 11th June and it's now 9th July, still NO refund of £36. I've been into store twice! I feel robbed of my money. You are not even taking phone calls now. I will go to trading standards next as it's not on 😠
Waited one month for order to be processed. Now had e-mail saying they are out of stock of all of the items.

No wonder really, if it's taken them this long to even process it.

Will not use this store again.
Order confirmed 4th June. Still not been processed and its the 30th June. Very poor service, even in these difficult times. Will not use this store on line again.
Sent a faulty item back on 3rd June, it’s now 29th June and despite 5 unanswered emails STILL no refund !! Absolutely appalling customer service, I will NEVER use Matalan again. They do not care at all about their customers and should learn from John Lewis whose customer service is excellent.
Made an order in the evening on line, for two pair of track suit bottoms, realised after ordering I had entered wrong size, sent an e mail to customer services next morning asking if they could amend my order size from small to medium (have yet to receive a reply). Decided to telephone their customer service after a 25 minute wait on the telephone finally got through, ask if I could amend my order, was told once ordered they can’t make changes even though my order has not been dispatched yet. What was so difficult about this request. Get you act together Matalan
Awful experience with customer service a couple of times !
Sent me the wrong colour suitcase... website says they will refund postage if incorrect dispatch.
Customer Service told me to keep the suitcase for 2 MONTHS until the stores reopen!!!?
What?! So your return policy on the website is lying then?
Terrible customer service... kept putting me on hold and repeating over and over I’ve to keep the suitcase for 2 MONTHS UNTIL and then return to the shop
Customer service non existent , ordered some jeans online supposed to be slim fit but looked like a pair of flares. Phoned someone in the office to see if the 14 day return still applies as obviously the shops are closed and couldn't return there , so had to take to post office to send back in tome for a refund at a cost to me of £9.00 . I phoned customer service to see if i would be refunded fo postage as its not my fault I couldn't take back to shop to be told they don't regund postage if the iyems aren't damaged or wrongly sent . Certainly will notbe using this shop again and will warn other freinds and family not to either
Unprofessional with no customer service or care.

After endless trying to get sense from those clearly lacking some, I finally was advised someone would be contacting me. However sadly yet again they’d misunderstood what was required. So with that I went back to them. I commented that someone had remarked that if they didn’t respond they’d in fact go to the store and damage stock items. I advised that I wouldn’t myself do something like that.

Now from that I’ve been told that as I’ve implied or made a threat as far as Matalan are concerned the previous horrific service by Matalan is no longer a matter they’ll look into. You couldn’t make this rubbish up.

Just a dinosaur in the retail world, and as such I look forward to their extinction.
Do not use. You do not get all what your ordered. Emailed them to say I didn’t didn’t received all my items and no response. Please do not use
Just arrived home purchase tankini the card attached to bottom of tankini says 10 the cotton label 12 not happy do not need another journey to matalan
Was told my order would arrive in store on the 11th or earlier now the 13th and still waiting, why lie
I got treat horrible a woman on a desk called steph wouldn't let me have my item as I told her I didn't get an email but I said I have a bank card or a state ment but she still wouldn't give me them as thay arrive
Shocking experience with Head Office customer services. Even store staff exasperated by the inability of Head Office to ratify store decision. Seem to take an approach of "we don't believe you", so let's start from there. Absolutely clueless how to deal with customers. Head of their customers services seriously needs to understand the importance of people skills.
Terrible experience!
Dishonest and disrespectful towards customers. Don’t pay attention While working at till.
The employees not trained how to deal with customers. I have been cheated recently by an employee on the till who didn’t returned my back. She kept talking with her colleagues while I was paying in cash and didn’t return the right amount of money back. She started arguing that she received £2.20 less than that was actually paid. She wasted my precious time in arguing and investigating. The manager investigating the camera for the recording but said that they couldn’t find the evidence though it’s clear in recording that u paid the full money I claimed.
The only cause for all this dispute was the ignorance of the worker at till who was not attending the customer carefully and she didn’t focussed busy talking with her colleague. She didn’t count the total money paid to her and refused to give back the right amount due.
It was my first time shopping at Matalan and it was terrible experience at Slough branch.
I ordered online to be delivered to my local Blackburn store, the estimated delivery was 3-5 days. Needless to say I did not receive any contact from them.

I called into the store to check if it had actually arrived. I was greeted by the most aggressive female store supervisor, who as I arrived was speaking to a member of her staff in a rude and aggressive manner.

She told me that the item had not arrived and on three occasions tried to grab my mobile from me to view the email from Matalan.

Completely unacceptable.

I was then shocked to see that the item I had ordered were on display a d for sale in the store.

The rude supervisor told me that I couldn't take one of these items and could not cancel the order until it arrived in the store.

Tried to contact Matalan with no response

I will never shop in a Matalan store or on line. Terrible service from both.
Worst online customer service ever. Click and collect takes ages they don’t respond to emails either. I honestly would not recommend them
Online they are rubbish, aided and abetted by DPD
Ordered - nothing happens, 5 days later an mail lands saying they have sent the order, and I'll get a mail after that and a text to say when it's in the store to collect.
Nothing happens.
I ring up "we'll open an investigation"
Nothing happens.
I ring again "It's been lost" they say "re-order"
"Really???" I say
"We'll send you a 20% discount voucher as an apology"
Great, except their website doesn't recognise the voucher.
So I drive to the store, pick an alternative suit, explain whats happened to the manageress who apologies, and gives me a 20% discount.
In short, on-line they are rubbish, in the shop, helpful.
Not an Online Company you can trust
Of the two orders placed on line, neither have been delivered when they said they would be.

The first order had a couple of items missing, however they were on the delivery note. This left me without the items I had paid for and no way to prove it didn’t receive them. A call to customer services didn’t help, so I had to cover the cost.

Fast forward a couple of years and I have placed another order (I had forgotten my previous experience) for one item and has not been delivered. it’s in a black hole, no one knows where it is.

A refund (in the form of gift cards) is only given when you return the goods that you have ordered.

The cost of the items falls well below the cost of recovery through the court. The only real course of action is not to deal with them at all.

If you do decide to place an order online, do it on the basis that you may not end up with the goods and out of pocket. Do not place an order believing that you will receive what you have paid for.

It is obvious that Matalan do not have the necessary resources to provide an online service.
I asked in the Macclesfield store when purchasing if I could return briefs if the matching bras did not fit and was told yes as long as labels, hangers still attached. The following day I returned the items to be told I had been given the wrong information and they were none returnable. I would not have bought if I had been given the correct information at the time of purchase! The Supervisor then found it very funny when I asked for his name and told me his name was Bob when actually it was Ash. Very poor!
Bait and switch online scammers. When you place an order, they tell you it'll be sent in a few days. Then, days later they say they are low on stock and it will be a further delay. When you place an online order, expect to wait WEEKS for it to arrive. Or better yet, order from somewhere else.
Matalan is rated 4.04 based on 1,548 reviews