Moda Furnishings UK Reviews

Nicola
Moda Furnishings UK 1 star review on 20th August 2020
Nicola
More Photos & Videos
Absolutely terrible service and quality.

First we were forced to choose a model different to what we wanted due to long delivery times. We settled with a model with a 5-7 week delivery. After 9 weeks and hearing nothing, I called the support team to find out that the delivery time was actually up to 12 weeks- the same as the model we wanted but was advertised as 5-7. I had numerous customer support emails and calls ignored/ not actioned and not replied to.

FINALLY our furniture arrived but it arrived damaged. Our ignition switch was broken and the Moda delivery guy had advised that he had let HQ know and that we would have someone deliver and fit a new part.

After hearing nothing, I called the customer service team who then sent us out the wrong part. When I followed up (again) it then took 2-3 weeks to have a new part organised for delivery.

Delivery day came, I had a call the day before and a text message with a delivery time. I changed my plans, waited and nothing. We weren't given a call/ text or email to say they were no longer coming.

So I then chased (AGAIN)- to be told 'oh sorry- the driver should've called you as the part wasn't on the van'. GREAT. I am now waiting ANOTHER week to see if it turns up this time around, as they can't seem to correct the awful service and product we have paid a significant amount for.

When buying a premium product at a premium price I expect as a minimum a product that works and customer service to match. This whole now coming up to 4/5 month pain is definitely not worth it and STILL not resolved.
The furniture is lovely and if you’re happy to wait four months for it to arrive, then great. But having ordered and paid in full in May for it to finally arrive in September, it hardly felt worth the purchase. It’ll probably get used only a few times, if we’re lucky, before the weather turns and it goes away for the winter. The customer service experience from Moda was fairly poor in my opinion. Had to chase by email every time for an update and after waiting for several weeks for a response each time, were met with similar answers - unexpected delays, not arrived in the U.K. yet, empty apologies really. Moda did offer a compensatory freebie - a cover to protect the furniture when not being used. Which, surprise surprise, we are still waiting for as it didn’t arrive with the furniture. Having sent two emails to chase for this as it’s been almost a month since the furniture arrived, there has been no reply as of yet! The quality of the furniture itself is great and we love the product, but Moda have really let themselves down. Would seriously consider not using again in the future and if anyone asks for a recommendation... would advise to steer clear unless happy with long delays and half hearted apologies. Sorry.
Brought a table and chair set from Moda which got delivered faulty and wrong products sent, a replacement was sent out another month later which again was faulty! Agreed to have a replacement sent out again and 2 months down the line still haven’t received it. Lost confidence in Moda and it’s products so no longer wanted the table and now they are refusing to give a refund. Having to take the matter further now wasting more of my time. I wouldn’t order again at all!
Ordered Cube set from Moda in April. When it arrived it looked let a set that had been already used. We complained and received a replacement. However this product was even worse. The sofas do not match so the item cannot be folded away as a cube. The table as white letters and numerals on the legs, clearly left on during manufacturing. We complained and again Moda agreed to send a replacement. This was in April. We still do not have the replacement. Twice we were given a delivery date which was cancelled by Moda at the last minute. They have stopped responding to emails and do not answer the phone.
Please do not order from this company. They are the worst I have ever encounter. The product itself is of reasonable quality but not with Moda’s inflated prices. In particular the parasol which is very shoddy.
Wish I had read these reviews, nowhere on their site can you put one !! ... atrocious customer service continually lie to you never call back promise delivery and totally ignore any update requests suffering from missing cushion for set purchased in May 2020 and have been chasing since to no avail, only option left small claims court not sure that will budge them !!
Bought a furniture set for over £4k in April 2020. All of the cushions were sub standard from day one because they were from different batches and not coated in a ultra violet protective treatment and as such they have all turned different colours and are now all ruined. This was reported to the company on the 11th May 2020 and they admitted a problem and offered to replace them all.

The replacement has never happened.

They have not answered any of my emails since the 2nd June 2020 and since they I have been unable to get through to them on the telephone despite spending (collectively) hours on hold. If you ring they order line and mention that you want an update on something then they just hang up on you. This has happened to me four times today and reading other reviews on here it would seem to be common practice at Moda.

I have never come across a company as bad as Moda both in terms of organisation and morally and would strongly advise others to spend their money elsewhere.
Bad..terrible service, ordered in June then no contact or abilit to contact Moda other than via phone..1 hour and 45 mins on hold!!!! Ridiculous!!! As we had waited 3 months with no contact we decided as we were told delivery not expected until.the end of Sept whats the point and cancelled the order. However, money not refunded and suddenly an email a few weeks later saying delivery expected within a few days!! On hold again for over 2hours!!!! Over 2 hours!!! Yes you gave a £100 off yet to see if that is rerurned..id not i expect a 3 hour phone call. Such a shame as the product is fantastic..the service provided is left more than wanting!
We bought our Zen sofa set back in 2015, during the last few months the furniture has literally started to disintegrate despite it being sold as ‘all year round outdoor use’! The set is now completely unusable despite being covered up for 9 months of the year. The quality is atrocious, we have a rattan set at our place in Spain from a different supplier and the quality of the rattan is at the opposite end of the scale to Moda. Moda have offered us a credit towards a new set but I would never buy one of their products again - I just want my money back.
Appalling communication, delayed furniture, missing parts, mediocre quality.
Appalling communication, delayed furniture, missing parts, mediocre quality.
Ordered £2450.00 worth of furniture, 2 months later nothing, only automated replies to questions. Luckily paid by PayPal who have returned my money. Buyer beware!
Where do I start, took my money twice, don’t answer any emails after over a month, kept on hold for over 2 hours! This is expensive furniture and it’s embarrassing that this is how they treat customers spending a lot of money! Avoid at all costs!!!!
We ordered Moda furniture having been previously let down by Rowlinson who continually delivered damaged furniture. I must admit that reading some of the reports on here had left me in doubt as to wether I had made a good choice.

Initially my order made in June was stated as 5 to 7 weeks delivery. I was obviously ok with this or I wouldnt have ordered in the first place. Once it got to the 6 week point I decided to check on the progress. I did have the experience that so many on here have had in that I waited for extremely long times on hold waiting in a queue that never seemed to move along. I did leave my phone with the line open and it took almost 90 minutes to get an answer. I do have to say that once i got through the staff were extremely friendly and helpful.

It is probably easy for most companies at the moment to blame Covid for everything but I feel in this case the very fact that Moda depend heavily on Chinese imports of which I know firsthand that they are being heavily delayed by red tape. Moda cannot really be held to account for this as they have no control of it.

Anyhow one piece of my corner sofa set was not in stock and is expected to arrive at Moda next week on Aug 24th. They apologised for this and asked if i wanted to have what they did have in stock sent now. I agreed to this as it is in my book better to have than not. They also compensated me with a furniture cover which I was going to purchase anyway so all good there and saved me £90.

I was put throught to their delivery team and a delivery slot was arranged. I was told i would receive a text a half hour or so before delivery. They could also tell me wether it would be morning or afternoon. These days even that much information can be hard to come by. Sure enough today i awoke to an email giving me a 3 hour delivery slot in the afternoon. At lunchtime i received the promised text and sure enough the delivery van arrived on time. The delivery team of 2 (one of which was Andy. I knew this as he introduced himself on the text message). They were both friendly and polite. All items were securely boxed and the guys had a difficult time getting the boxes down a relatively narrow side entrance to my garden. They were happy to do so. I had not paid for the unpacking service so I was happy for them to leave everything in a pre-ordained place.

Now for the moment of truth. I unpacked everything and it was all in tip top condition. I was very relieved about this and now finally even though the weather is awful, have an almost complete sofa set. Hopefully when the last piece in stock is delivered it goes as smoothly as this.

All in all a positive experience even if slightly tainted by waiting times on the phone and a part delivery. But never mind, we are living in strange times at the moment and I have been treated a lot worse than this over this year with the Covid excuse!

The added photo shows the set without cushions. That is because it has been raining and didnt want them to get wet.

Thank you Moda.
BEFORE YOU BUY FROM THIS COMPANY PLEASE READ MY REVIEW. I was delighted to win 2k towards garden furniture via Instagram. We decided on the set we wanted and put £1850 towards it. DeliverY was a few weeks but it was as advised. Set was stunning but table was cracked on the corner. Informed them and they said that they would replace. Great! Now after 3 weeks of the lovely summer Weather the cushions are faded. Now not just a bit I mean they have completely bleached. ( I wish I could attach photos) Again sent photos and evidence and was advised that a new set would be ordered. Given an 8-10 week delivery. Since they were due on the 9th July I have phoned and emails and been mostly ignored. Did get one email stating they were ready for immediate dispatch on 23rd July! It’s 20th August, summer almost over and still no covers. Whilst waiting for new table top......day by day more large cracks and surface cracks developed all over the table. New table delivered. GUESS WHAT.....cracks started on this one too. Been in touch......emailed and called several times.....IGNORED....AGAIN. This set isn’t 5 months old and so far has been a nightmare. I find it very hard to believe that so many reviews are left by people praising the delivery team by their first names....I don’t think I have ever asked the names of delivery drivers....especially as it’s contactless due to covid. Also look at their Instagram and FB, any negative comments or questions regains peoples orders are very quickly hidden or removed. So you see a post with 15 comments but can only see 2 visable. Also if I had left a review based on the furniture the day I got it I would have left amazing reviews...like lots of people have....
Now I have been more than patient and understanding but poor customer service and ignoring emails and not answering phones is unacceptable. This furniture is substandard, faulty and all from a company that isn’t accessible to any help. I have never left a negative review but I hope this helps possible customers avoid parting with thousands of pounds for basically a nightmare of damaged faulty goods and shocking customer service. Gutted
We ordered the cube garden furniture set about 18 months ago and were delighted .... however ordered a parasol from them on 7th August, had confirmation email and money has been taken, and now NOTHING. Have rung customer services multiple times and get into their queuing system and then the phones disconnects when you get to about number 9 in the queue. Very concerned.
The furniture is lovely and I am really pleased with it
BUT......
Customer service has been atrocious. I ordered back in early May when delivery was 1-8 days. It took 10 weeks for my order to arrive. During this time I had no contact from Moda to say that delivery was delayed but payment was taken. I called several times, and like others had to wait for ages to speak to someone. When furniture eventually arrived it was great, delivery team set it up well and all seemed good. However, I now have an issue with one of the items, emailed and sent photos, received an automated response to say they would reply within 5 days. Now day 15 and I am still waiting, did manage to speak to someone yesterday (after a lengthy wait on the phone, customer number 45) Was promised an email and details as to how/when repair/replacement would happen, but I am still waiting.
Come on Moda, this is a great product but your customer service is really letting you down
UPDATE - Received a phone call from Moda after posting this review, they left a message but call came from a private number so no chance of calling them back. The lady on the message stated she will email me her contact details so I can contact her directly this was at 12.02pm yesterday and still no e-mail - you can't make this up absolutely shocking - can I give zero stars please...

This company portrays itself as an upmarket professional organisation, unfortunately it is so far from the truth - buyer beware.
I placed an order with this company in June, on a 6 to 8 week delivery. I have tried contacting them on numerous occasions - telephone on hold for 45 minutes at a time then repeatedly cut off. Via e-mail get no responses back only stating that they will respond in 3 - 5 working days, these days come and go with no response.
Most of the 5* ratings on here are for the delivery team, unfortunately anything prior to that is a shambles!
After checking other websites found this one had the best spec. Ordered & received on time... Great gear for my summer sessions... Had top comments from m8s.
I wish i hadnt only looked at Trustpilot for feedback. On reading more attentive it looks like the majority of 5 star feedback is written by Moda. We finally got ours after a long wait and when i left a 1 star review received a near instant call and was asked (and offered money) to delete my review.... They now claim i left a false review and not a genuine customer....
Ordered. Paid. No contact. No delivery. 2 days on the phone, 20 emails. Nothing. Just don’t waste your money please.....
Moda Furnishings UK is rated 1.82 based on 76 reviews