Opendoor Reviews

of reviewers recommend Opendoor
Under an hour
Read Opendoor Reviews

About Opendoor:

In 2014, we set out to reinvent life’s most important transaction with home sellers and buyers in mind. Since then, we’ve helped thousands of people sell their homes and move in one simple, seamless transaction.

Life’s biggest milestones come with a move. Whether you’re getting married, starting a family, or taking a new job, moving is a natural step towards your dream. But it isn’t easy. Each step is more stressful than the last, and sometimes it seems like everyone but you is in control of your destiny.

Opendoor is here to change that. From selling your current home to choosing your next one, we’ve revolutionized the process to put you at the center of your move. Because we believe only one person should be in charge of how your future unfolds, and that’s you.

Tell us how Opendoor made you happy
In what city did you work with Opendoor (e.g. Phoenix, Nashville)? Atlanta
Your Name: Saniyal Hirani
The process was super easy and painless. Can not believe it was this easy.
(Atlanta) - Posted 3 months ago
We love hearing stories like these! Thanks for taking the time to share, Saniyal.
How did you work with Opendoor? I sold my home to Opendoor
In what city did you work with Opendoor (e.g. Phoenix, Nashville)? Holly springs
Your Name: Chris
It was easier than I was expecting,I was worried about marks on the walls when moving out. I did not put any holes in the wall.but I am sure of some suffs,I guess no problem I got my escrow in about a week!!
(Raleigh) - Posted 3 months ago
That's wonderful feedback to hear, Christopher! We always strive to provide a great customer experience with Opendoor and your feedback is incredibly valuable to us. Thanks for taking the time to share!
What a great experience! With Opendoor's Trade-in program we sold our existing home, found our new home and closed on both within 24 days from the time we accepted Opendoor's purchase offer. Opendoor lending made the mortgage process easy and comfortable. All of the Opendoor staff we worked with were friendly and professional. Great Job Opendoor! We really appreciated the way you walked us through the whole process!
Scott & Debbie, We're delighted to hear you've had a good experience with Opendoor and Opendoor Home Loans. We appreciate you spreading the word about Opendoor!
In what city did you work with Opendoor (e.g. Phoenix, Nashville)? Atlanta
Your Name: Joe
Extremely easy and fair process. Would highly recommend them over the traditional selling process any day! I saved a ton of time and headache with fixing up the house to sell, trying to sell through a real estate agent and I saved a lot of money by not having to do either.
(Atlanta) - Posted 3 months ago
So glad to hear this Joseph. Thanks for letting us know! We're so glad you were able to benefit from the ease and certainty the Opendoor experience provides!
Had rental home 200 miles from where we live. Didn’t want to get into the whole sales process. Was offered a fair price, closed in 21 days. No hassles. We were happy.
Great to hear you've had a positive experience with Opendoor! Thank you for choosing Opendoor for such an important transaction.
In what city did you work with Opendoor (e.g. Phoenix, Nashville)? Jacksonville
The entire experience was a good.
(Jacksonville) - Posted 4 months ago
Thanks for sharing, Chris!
I had a good experience especially the freedom to view the property as many times it took to make a decision to buy.
We’re always happy to hear about the positive experiences our customers have with us. Thank you for sharing Manuela!
In what city did you work with Opendoor (e.g. Phoenix, Nashville)? Raleigh
Your Name: Ray Watkins
We have been through 3 home sales. This was by far the quickest and smoothest we have experienced.
(Raleigh) - Posted 4 months ago
That’s fantastic to hear Rayford, thanks for sharing your experience with us.
Your Name: Dominic C.
Late July, I contacted opendoor to purchase my home. Like most, I was skeptical of the process. Within 1 week an advisor came to our home to give us a real estimate of my home. The purchase price was actually nore than I was expecting to get. 4 months after the offer, I found a new home and sold my home to open door. The staff was very kind. They called periodically to schedule closing and each time we pushed the date back and there was no hassle. Closing was a breeze and checkout was simple. I would to share more of my story and speak to a staff member to rave about my experience.
(Jacksonville) - Posted 4 months ago
That's amazing to hear! We strive to provide a great customer experience with Opendoor and your feedback is incredibly valuable to us. Thanks for taking the time to share this, Dominic.
In what city did you work with Opendoor (e.g. Phoenix, Nashville)? Fresno Texas
Your Name: Salim
Very good offer, everything was so easy right from beginning. It was my first house that I bought in 2013 but my family grew so we needed more space after finding new home I wanted to sell this house. I can Say it was a 5 star service
(Houston) - Posted 4 months ago
Thrilled to hear that Salim. Thanks for the positive review! We wish you all the best in this next chapter!
I sold my house on opendoor It was the best decision I’ve made. The process was soooo smooth it seemed hard to believe, they are 100% open with every aspect of the transaction!! Truly a great company!!
Joanna great to hear you've had a positive experience with Opendoor! Thank you for choosing Opendoor for such an important transaction.
I was asked to write a review but We have not yet completed our Buy/Sell experience. So far so good with a few exceptions. I'm in the process of buying and selling with Opendoor. I had originally started a few months back. The agent I was assigned Marlon never submitted my offer on a home that We fell in love with, because he didn't think We could compete with a Cash offer. Even though our offer was over the asking price. It jaded our experience and We stopped looking. But our tour guide Stephen Clark is truly the only reason We tried again. I love the ability to tour the houses with such great flexibility and on your own time. We have toured over 15 homes with Stephen Clark. He has made this experience amazing. He is very responsive and has been extremely helpful. He recommended another agent Jimmy Garcia and it has been an awesome experience with Jimmy and Stephen. They are both very knowledgeable and supportive. Because of my first experience. Now selling has been another experience. I want to sell because of the trade in offer of 2%. I have requested an offer to sell my house to Opendoor twice. Both coming in much lower then what I expected. I requested a 2nd review, both times they have lowered their initial offer each time. I even sent them an appraisal that was done on my home in October for review and they still lowered the offer. My home inspection was scheduled very quickly, and I got to choose my closing date. Which should align with the purchase of my the new house. I'm just hoping when they come on Tuesday they don't feel like there are extensive repairs needed. My husband keeps our home in great condition and I feel like the offer on the house is low as is. I will hopefully be adding a great review overall with Opendoor for sale of my home too.
That's amazing to hear! We strive to provide a great customer experience with Opendoor and your feedback is incredibly valuable to us. Thanks for taking the time to share this, Francisca.
Opendoor provided one of the best realtors to help me with my home purchase! Opendoor made it easy for me as a first time home buyer experience great. Thank you
We love hearing stories like these! Thanks for taking the time to share, Franco.
In what city did you work with Opendoor (e.g. Phoenix, Nashville)? Charlotte
Your Name: Louann Carpinteri
Opendoor made moving for me a stress free experience. It was great not having to show my home. Also, being able to close when I wanted enable me to move directly into a new home I had built. Going through Opendoor and their process was the only way I was able to move on to a new home that I wanted. I would use Opendoor again, and I would recommend to others. The only disappointment I had was finding out that Opendoor had paid $7,000 more for 2 identical units in my townhouse neighborhood, but I consider that a mistake on my part that I did not check on this before accepting the offer.
(Charlotte) - Posted 4 months ago
That's amazing to hear! We strive to provide a great customer experience with Opendoor and your feedback is incredibly valuable to us. Thanks for taking the time to share this, Louann.
In what city did you work with Opendoor (e.g. Phoenix, Nashville)? Raleigh
Your Name: Juaria M Hogan
Fantastic!
(Raleigh) - Posted 4 months ago
That’s fantastic to hear Jerry and Juaria, thanks for sharing your experience with us. 💙
It was a smooth process and great communication between Opendoor until their vendor Affordable Glass came into the scene that ruined all the positive experience. Very poor communication and coordination by the vendor, Affordable Glass.
We strive to provide a great customer experience with Opendoor and your feedback is incredibly valuable to us. Thanks for taking the time to share this, Joseph.
How did you work with Opendoor? I sold my home to Opendoor AND bought a new one with Opendoor
In what city did you work with Opendoor (e.g. Phoenix, Nashville)? Clayton NC
Your Name: Leslie Hobbs
Opendoor made buying and selling our property seem less, on top of listings quickly, answered questions promptly and I worked with the best agent
(Raleigh) - Posted 4 months ago
We love hearing stories like these! Thanks for taking the time to share, Leslie.
I would really like to thank the people at opendoor that made the selling process of my old super easy. They were always willing to help and offeradvice. I would most definitely recommend Opendoor. Thank you from the bottom of my heart.
Jim 💙 Happy to hear that - and even happier you took the time to tell us! Thanks for spreading the word!
Excellent experience from start to finish.
Glad to hear you had a positive experience with us Terry. We appreciate your feedback!
Extremely nice to have a firm offer for a closing date that I set to coincide with the move in of our new home we were building. I would certainly go back to Open Door again
We love great customer stories like yours. Thanks for sharing Coy!
Opendoor is rated 4.07 based on 676 reviews