Opendoor Reviews

of reviewers recommend Opendoor
Read Opendoor Reviews

About Opendoor:

In 2014, we set out to reinvent life’s most important transaction with home sellers and buyers in mind. Since then, we’ve helped thousands of people sell their homes and move in one simple, seamless transaction.

Life’s biggest milestones come with a move. Whether you’re getting married, starting a family, or taking a new job, moving is a natural step towards your dream. But it isn’t easy. Each step is more stressful than the last, and sometimes it seems like everyone but you is in control of your destiny.

Opendoor is here to change that. From selling your current home to choosing your next one, we’ve revolutionized the process to put you at the center of your move. Because we believe only one person should be in charge of how your future unfolds, and that’s you.

Tell us how Opendoor made you happy
We had been dabbling with the idea of selling our home and moving into a more ideal location for a while but didn’t think it possible at the time. We got an offer from Opendoor and went with it on a whim. With the offer we were able to sell our home and trade in for another home in the exact location we had been dreaming of moving to. Opendoor made the process seamless for us and uncomplicated.
Thrilled to hear that Shea. Thanks for the positive review! We wish you all the best in this next chapter!
Very responsive to my many questions. From day one everything was easy and exceeded my expectations. Tucker was patient and a joy to work with.
(Phoenix) - Posted 5 months ago
We love great customer stories like yours. Thanks for sharing Juanita!
Best experience I have ever had selling a house!
That’s fantastic to hear Marla, thanks for sharing your experience with us.
As a single mother I needed to sell my house fast and buy a new house in the area that I wanted my daughter to start a high school. Offerpad and Zillow both promised that they can give me the money that I asked for in the timely manner that they promise. They sent inspectors to my house wasted 1 and a half month of my time without answering me since they knew I'm short on time and cancelled the last mintues or offered me the price 50,000 below the initial offer. The Opendoor came to my rescue and offered me the price higher than what I asked for and were exteremly on time and professional. They did everything in their power so we can have a smooth moving to a new house. From the time I signed the contract with Opendoor to the time they transfer money to my account and purchased my house, it took us less than a week. I was able to purchase the new house and move 1 week before school starts all thank to Opendoor employees. They were not only purchased my house 1000 more than my asking offer but also fix the problem that their competitor caused for me. That is very important. Doing a business is great, fixing other people /companied mistakes are extraordinary. That's why I highly recommend this company to those who want to sell quickly without repairing their homes or dealing with agents and people visiting their homes.
That's amazing to hear! We strive to provide a great customer experience with Opendoor and your feedback is incredibly valuable to us. Thanks for taking the time to share this, Pegah.
It was truly exceptional. They came in with the best price (we received 5 other offers), their assessment was more than fair and doing everything online was awesome! I was nervous after reading the other reviews but we did not experience any of what we read. They actually ended up giving us more (net) after coming and seeing the house than they had in the first online offer. It was super easy to get in touch with our experience manager and she did a great job of keeping us up to date with statuses. This was so much easier than using a realtor and I think we got more money for they house than we would have if we went the more traditional route. I can't speak for other areas of the country but our experience in the Phoenix area exceeded our expectations.
(Phoenix) - Posted 5 months ago
We love hearing stories like these! Thanks for taking the time to share, Dawn.
We sold to open door and have nothing but great things to say! Our new house was being rented back by our sellers (they were building) and the closing date on our property kept getting pushed back. Open door was super easy to work with and didn't have any issues with us moving our closing date with them (3 times!). The repairs that we were charged were minimum and fair. For us the peace of mind of knowing our house was sold and not having to wait and carry two mortgages was worth the extra expenses in fees.
We love hearing stories like these! Thanks for taking the time to share, Kaylin.
The whole process was super simple and stress-free! I would recommend Opendoor to anyone looking to sell their house!
(Atlanta) - Posted 5 months ago
Heidi, Thank you for sharing your story - we're happy to hear our experience has worked out well for you!
This was a great experience. This is my first home purchase and I chose not to use a real estate agent. The option of using a home advisor with Opendoor makes it easy to do. My advisor Landon was very helpful with answering questions and was pretty accessible. When he wasn’t available I got help with his peer Mimi; which meant everything happened timely. I would totally recommend using Opendoor’s home advisors :)
Hi, great to hear you've had a good experience with us! We appreciate you choosing Opendoor for such an important transaction.
I've bought/sold approximately 10 homes and this was by far the easiest, least stressful experience of all! I would recommend Open Door for their fair price and professionalism.
(Charlotte) - Posted 6 months ago
Great to hear about your experience Pamela. We love hearing stories like yours!
The selling process was very easy and they were great about working with me when I had a tenant who refused to vacate the premises. The price they offered was fair and I was ok with getting a little less than I might have with a traditional sale in exchange for the ease of the process. The repairs they quoted were fair. Again I probably could have done the repairs slightly cheaper but the convenience of not having to deal with any of that, or outlay the initial money was a fair trade. They kept me informed of the steps in the process and were always responsive if I had any questions. The title company they used was great and were very accommodating with my schedule and me being about 2,000 miles away.
(Jacksonville) - Posted 6 months ago
Hi Rob, great to hear you've had a good experience with us! We appreciate you choosing Opendoor for such an important transaction.
Joe Arsenio and Alex Waidley are excellent. Great team. Informative, knowledgeable, helpful, respond quickly and good humans. I recommend them 100%
Thanks for the love! We will be sure to share your kind words with the team.
Opendoor took the stress out of selling our home. We needed to move quickly and not only did Opendoor make that possible, but it was such an easy process. I didn’t think you could ever describe selling a home as easy, but they proved me wrong!! The advisor we worked with was extremely responsive anytime questions came up which confirmed that we were in good hands.
(Salt_lake_city) - Posted 6 months ago
Thrilled to hear that Stephanie. Thanks for the positive review! We wish you all the best in this next chapter!
So far this has been the smoothest and clearest home buying and selling process. We are currently under contract to sell our home to open door and to buy our new home with them. The staff have been very kind and helpful and the ease of viewing homes has made our search relatively stress-free. The in-home assessment of our home was unobtrusive and the individual who conducted the assessment was kind and easy to work with. The only hiccup so far has been that Open Door's staff are all in a different time zone from us so last-minute questions do not often get a response until around noon for us. Nevertheless, Open Door representatives have been easily accessible and have provided clear information and assistance throughout our buying/selling process. And when our representatives for various aspects of the process were out of the office, another member of the Open Door team took over and responded on their behalf. So there has been no time in this whole process in which we were left waiting an unreasonable amount of time for a question or concern to be answered. Additionally, the third-party companies they work with for legal/financial arrangements have been of similar quality. We are still in the due-diligence period so there are plenty of opportunities for things to go sideways but, so far, this has been an incredibly simple and relatively stress-free way to buy and sell a home.
So glad to hear this Andrew. Thanks for sharing, We're so glad you were able to benefit from the ease and certainty the Opendoor experience provides!
The whole experience could not have been better. From my initial call to inquire about the process and get an offer to the closing and recieving the funds the entire process exceeded all expectations by leaps and bounds.

First, the staff were all responsive, professional and a pleasure to work with.

The offer was not only fair but was higher than the recent comps in the area. The fees were less than a traditional realtor which meant more money in my pocket.

I was able to pick the closing date and that process to was simple and quick. The digital closing and application worked flawlessly and the funds were transferred to my account as promised.

Without a doubt I would whole heartily recommend them to my friends and family. Opendoor is bringing real estate into the 21st century.
(Sacramento) - Posted 6 months ago
Larry, great to hear you've had a positive experience with Opendoor! Thank you for choosing Opendoor for such an important transaction.
Entire process start to finish was very easy, stress-free and transparent. I found the financials very good, the numbers we came up with were a bit higher than what Opendoor quoted but still very competitive.

The offer and assessment process was well streamlined, professional and reasonable. We were very happy overall. Highly recommend!
(Phoenix) - Posted 6 months ago
We're delighted to hear you've had a good experience with Opendoor Andrew. We appreciate you spreading the word about Opendoor!
Opendoor's app makes it easy to search homes and tour them in person. No pushy realtors, so I could shop on my own.

Making an offer was simple, straight forward and I got excellent advice from the agent I worked with. I am very happy with Opendoor and would choose it over using a regular real estate agent any day!
Laura, Thanks for the positive feedback and we appreciate you spreading the word about Opendoor! 💙
The overall experience selling to Opendoor was simple and streamlined. The offer request process was straightforward and very fast. The offer was definitely inline and competitive with market rates. Being able to secure a guaranteed buyer so quickly without dealing with listings and showings was a great benefit for us. The request for repairs after the home inspection were also reasonable. Also being able to specify the closing date and the late checkout option made the entire moving process a lot easier and convenient.
(Las_vegas) - Posted 6 months ago
Amy, great to hear you've had a positive experience with Opendoor! Thank you for choosing Opendoor for such an important transaction.
Opendoor is an awesome company to work with. They far exceeded our expectations. We both sold and purchased our new home through Opendoor and they were great to work with through both. We had to move our closing date 4 times through the process and they made this so easy it was amazing. Their original offer on our house was great and getting money back on bother the sale and purchase only made it better. I feel we can out ahead than if we used the old route of using a standard realtor. I tell everyone I can about our wonderful ecperiexperience.
Christopher, This is great to hear! Thank you for supporting what we do and happy to hear you've had a great experience with us.
Fast, friendly and efficient! From first inquiry to closing in only 3 weeks. Knowledgeable team with a easy to follow step by step process defined on Opendoor website.
(Raleigh) - Posted 7 months ago
That's amazing to hear! We strive to provide a great customer experience with Opendoor and your feedback is incredibly valuable to us. Thanks for taking the time to share this, Dwight.
After receiving mailers from Opendoor, I decided to request an offer to sell my home. Within 24 hours, Opendoor contacted me with a surprisingly fair offer, and it was very much inline with recent sales in my neighborhood. I accepted their offer, and the Opendoor magic began. These folks are unbelievably fast and efficient! The day after accepting their offer, Opendoor's title company was in contact with me. Though the entire sale could have been completed in about 21 days, they offered me the chance to close after the holidays, which I accepted. The entire process was very smooth and stress-free from start to finish, and I did not have to deal with real estate agents bringing people into my home! I would definitely recommend, and use Opendoor again in the future. A++++
(Jacksonville) - Posted 7 months ago
So glad to hear this Willie. Thanks for letting us know! We're so glad you were able to benefit from the ease and certainty the Opendoor experience provides!
Opendoor is rated 4.03 based on 723 reviews