Opendoor Reviews

84% of reviewers recommend Opendoor

About Opendoor: In 2014, we set out to reinvent life’s most important transaction with home sellers and buyers in mind. Since then, we’ve helped thousands of people sell their homes and move in one simple, seamless transaction.

Life’s biggest milestones come with a move. Whether you’re getting married, starting a family, or taking a new job, moving is a natural step towards your dream. But it isn’t easy. Each step is more stressful than the last, and sometimes it seems like everyone but you is in control of your destiny.

Opendoor is here to change that. From selling your current home to choosing your next one, we’ve revolutionized the process to put you at the center of your move. Because we believe only one person should be in charge of how your future unfolds, and that’s you.

Click Here

Tell us how Opendoor made you happy

Under an hour
"For us, the best reason for choosing Opendoor for the sale of our house was being able to specify and plan around an exact closing date and a delayed move out date. The offer amount was just ok which brings up my recommendation for improvement. Had there been an opportunity to discuss the offer and present evidence for why the offer price should have been increased a bit, our rating could have been 5 stars. We had installed significant energy efficiency improvements which were ignored in Opendoor's valuation of the house. Giving customers an opportunity to discuss the offer price would be highly desirable."
Ray,

Thank you for sharing your story - we're happy to hear our experience has worked out well for you and will provide your feedback to our team!
"We had a very positive experience buying our home from Opendoor. Although our inspection report came in past the contract's due diligence period due to an error on my part, Opendoor was kind enough to honor our request for repairs. All went smooth and timely with the closing. The house was in great condition and the purchase price appraised below market value. A win-win! Thanks."
We’re always happy to hear about the positive experiences our customers have with us. Thank you for sharing!
"Structuring and making real estate deals aren’t always easy. Open Door particularly Karly Hamilton worked hard to make it a win win experience!"
How did you work with Opendoor? I bought my home with Opendoor
In what city did you work with Opendoor (e.g. Phoenix, Nashville)? Dallas
Your Name: Jeremy Lagemann
"Easy to look in your own time, bid, get connected with a realtor, inspectors and cash back at closing is by far my favorite part"
"I got my first "Open Door Estimate" out of the blue-one of those mailing list things. It was about $20K under what I thought it should be. Fast forward one year and another estimate arrives at exactly what I was looking for. My husband and I needed to move-20 years in too much house and not enough maintenance. The team came to do the walk-through and were wonderful-very professional. (They are contractors and aren't able to give any information about how much the repair-credit will be). We expected to hear from Open Door within 5-10 days, but no word. We finally got in touch with someone and they said they were going to walk away and not buy. This is the only negative thing I have to say-they didn't communicate this to us. We asked why and it was due to too much maintenance needed. So......we had the siding on the house redone and tried again. We had to restart the whole process, but it worked like a charm the second time. The repair credit list was very long, and fair. We just couldn't afford to put any more money into the house. In total, we conceded ~ $17K-after putting ~$10 into the siding. The closing process was seamless and easy. I signed the paperwork the day before the final walk-through. *HINT* Have EVERYTHING out of the house BEFORE the walk-through. Our movers were about halfway through and the walk-through was pushed back ~ 4 hours--very stressful when you are closing on a new home the next day. But-Lisa at Open Door was AWESOME and pushed everything through anyway. After the close, I was concerned about whether Open Door would just let the house sit there and not do any of the work from the repair list. Within ~ 4 weeks, the house was listed with photos of a clean, beautiful home. This really impressed me about Open Door-they did the work and flipped the house. All in all, it was a hard move since I was emotionally tied to the house. It was a long process for us, about 4 months from the time we accepted the offer to the close, mainly due to our purchase of another home, but Open Door was very flexible about pushing out the close date. I would definitely recommend them-they gave a fair price and did the work that was listed."
Hi Tracie, great to hear you've had a good experience with us! We appreciate you choosing Opendoor for such an important transaction.
How did you work with Opendoor? I bought my home with Opendoor
In what city did you work with Opendoor (e.g. Phoenix, Nashville)? Dallas
Your Name: Jeremy
"Could have been a little more flexible on price."
"My overall experience with Opendoor was positive but my initial experience with their suggested escrow company was negative. However, this began more favorable once I was in contact with the manager of the escrow company."
(Riverside) - Posted 8 months ago
In what city did you work with Opendoor (e.g. Phoenix, Nashville)? Charlotte
Your Name: John
"Simplified process from start to finish."
(Charlotte) - Posted 8 months ago
In what city did you work with Opendoor (e.g. Phoenix, Nashville)? Lithonia, Ga
"Pretty good"
(Atlanta) - Posted 8 months ago
In what city did you work with Opendoor (e.g. Phoenix, Nashville)? Hampton
Your Name: Sandra Ross
"I sold my home,due to downsizing and husband pasting away,the experience was okay,can say they work with you on closing and issues that comes up, but the fees are high and the inspection was s little a bit much,overall I had been in my home 14yrs. And think it was in very good shape minor repairs,wish I could have gotten more for my home but I was overwhelmed and needed to sell! But the representative was great! Thanks Opendoor!! Sandra Ross hampton"
(Atlanta) - Posted 8 months ago
In what city did you work with Opendoor (e.g. Phoenix, Nashville)? Wesley Chapel
Your Name: Darrell C Thompson
"Overall the selling experience was very nice. What they told us was accurate. One day very polite inspectors checked the house. The closing date was adjustable. After final walkthrough I give them the keys. Then you meet at your choice of a place to sign the closing documents. You must supply a person who does not have your same last name to witness your signature. The next day they wire a check to your bank."
Thrilled to hear that, Thanks for the positive review! We wish you all the best!
In what city did you work with Opendoor (e.g. Phoenix, Nashville)? Phoenix
Your Name: Joshua
"Great concept for a company. Cuts out all the BS with selling your house. Gave us an okay price but it was worth not having to deal with a bunch of salesman. Which I can’t stand. It was so easy I was able to deal with my daughter having open heart surgery and moving during the process. Also, they do what they say they are going to do which was huge for me."
(PHX) - Posted 9 months ago
In what city did you work with Opendoor (e.g. Phoenix, Nashville)? Charlotte
Your Name: Jonathan Colter
"The process is simple and straight forward. The organization is professional, however, is relatively new to the Charlotte, NC region. There is communication weakness. To compensate for this problem, management gets involved to offer another voice to call on if problems arise. I think this communication problem is based on "newness" to the process in this market. I believe they work hard and (in time) will address this component. I was pleased with the ease of the process as well as its simplicity. The offer price was reasonable taking into account the challenges associated with selling a home. If you want top dollar, DON'T use this company. They are in business to offer a professional service and CONVENIENCE which reduces the bottom line. This is essential for them to turn around and sell the home for a reasonable profit. If you want to avoid the staging, inconvenience of multiple house showings, bargaining, renegotiation after home inspections and uncertainty when your home will sell, this company offers an honest alternative."
In what city did you work with Opendoor (e.g. Phoenix, Nashville)? Atlanta metro area
Your Name: Harry
"Our experience with Opendoor was very positive. The process is straightforward, and completing documents online is great. But the biggest thing for us was avoiding the hassle of showing the house to prospective buyers. We have two large dogs, so showing the house would have been a difficult challenge."
(ATL) - Posted 10 months ago
In what city did you work with Opendoor (e.g. Phoenix, Nashville)? New Port Richey
"Claimed I needed more repairs on my home, that I feel did not need. There fees are alittle too high."
(TPA) - Posted 10 months ago
Appreciate your feedback! If you have any additional insights you would like to share, please email community@opendoor.com.
In what city did you work with Opendoor (e.g. Phoenix, Nashville)? Las Vegas
Your Name: Roberta Leahy
"Professional, easy to communicate with, and a smooth process compared to working with a Realtor!"
(LAS) - Posted 10 months ago
"Very fast closing"
"Overall I had a very good experience selling my home to Open Door. It was an easy recess and people were flexible along the way. My only complaint is that I felt the required repairs were a bit steep for this type of business model. They did end up charging me for things that I assumed would be absorbed by them (such as landscaping like trimming trees and mowing the lawn). But, I definitely would recommend Open Door as an alternative to traditional home selling options."
"I first went with opendoor because I was so nervous about selling my house. I went with a realtor at first, but then when I found out I was going to have to fix this, update that, stage for showing, etc, I actually started doing all these things and I was exhausted. I spent some money on updates like fixtures, etc. then I remembered the landscaping and I decided I wasn’t going to continue. So I called Opendoor, they set me up with an appointment to inspect my home, they sent me some paperwork via email, I finished all that was required. after the inspection I found that there was a few thousand dollars in repairs needed. So I looked at the detailed report and signed off on it. The closing was simple, I showed up, signed everything and had the money in my account the following day. No wait, No gimmicks, No showings, hangups, just straight forward business and one and done. I totally recommend."
Opendoor is rated 4.37 based on 534 reviews