Opendoor Reviews

of reviewers recommend Opendoor
Read Opendoor Reviews

About Opendoor:

In 2014, we set out to reinvent life’s most important transaction with home sellers and buyers in mind. Since then, we’ve helped thousands of people sell their homes and move in one simple, seamless transaction.

Life’s biggest milestones come with a move. Whether you’re getting married, starting a family, or taking a new job, moving is a natural step towards your dream. But it isn’t easy. Each step is more stressful than the last, and sometimes it seems like everyone but you is in control of your destiny.

Opendoor is here to change that. From selling your current home to choosing your next one, we’ve revolutionized the process to put you at the center of your move. Because we believe only one person should be in charge of how your future unfolds, and that’s you.

community@opendoor.com

Tell us how Opendoor made you happy
Offers we fair. The foundation company they used seems kinda shady and listed items that were not an issue and higher than standard prices to fix. The deal breaker was the super shady title company they used. They freaked out cause the house was under a land trust. They had never heard of what a land trust is a freaked out and denied insuring the title. In the end was a blesing..in this market I was able to get a lot more $ going with a different company. Was going to sell many homes via Opendoor..but not now. Took title company 4 days to tel me why it was denied..wouldn't give an answer.

In this market DONT list with opendoor..list normally and you will get a lot more money
Clueless. Unresponsive transaction coordinator April. Forgot to do the septic inspection till 3 days past closing causing rate lock extensions. Eric Williamson at open door is unresponsive with no systems in place to make a smooth transaction. Buyer and sellers beware.
We saw one of the most unclean houses for sale by Opendoor on Kit Carson Trl in Anthem, AZ last week; including one toilet having diarrhea splattered. But my wife wanted the house as market is tight. We offered $18K above selling price. Inspection showed many problems including a leaky 20-yr roof and a dismantled irrigation system. Inspector recommended roof be replaced. Opendoor said no and tried to offer $5K back (of the extra $15K we offered). I told my wife that with $5K we could buy many buckets to catch the rain. In the future, if a realty company can not pay a few dollars to clean the house, they are not going to replace a roof. It is a seller's market and they will find some victim that is more desperate than us. Unfortunately, the lowest star rating you can give is one. I am going to attempt to place 2 photos of the toilet.
If you are a buyer, RUN! Opendoor over prices houses and they will not lower the sales price when your appraisal comes in low. They expect you to pay $20,000 over appraised value. So after you’ve dropped over $1,000 on an inspection and appraisal you are forced to cancel the contract. Despicable way to do business!
Opendoor is absolutely the worst - do not use them to buy or sell - run away from any deal where they are the seller. We had a direct bad experience on a deal we just had to cancel. They put a house on the market overpriced, we had to bid full price to be considered in this market and went into the deal in good faith.. The only thing we asked is that the house appraise to value!. Does Not.... it is 15,000$ over priced. So we are happy to pay the full appraised value..., will they reduce..., will they even counter..., No - nothing. Standing on this 15K$ overpriced amount. No one in their right mind pays waaaay overprice for a house unless its a show place - and this house was nice, but no show place. The appraisal was fair and no comps are showing close to what they asked.. We had to walk away. So for us - this company stinks!! In my opinion, It is not honest, It does not operate in good faith. Run from Open-door.

Oh.. and if you were wondering ..the house is in the Brandon,FL area.... and with what Im now reading about this company and similar issues other people are having - I will not even put in an offer to this bunch.
Thank you for sharing your feedback with us. We are sorry we didn't meet your expectations and will utilize your feedback to further evaluate and develop.
Bought a home from Opendoor. Absolutely awful customer service and lengthy process. Won't go near an Opendoor home in the future. Horrendous experience.
I have a beautiful new 4 bedroom lakeside home in Florida. I contacted Open Door and the first representative did the walk through with me. Next day no contact. Called him and said we cant make you an offer. No reason. Called another Open Door representative and same result. No call back, no reason. Not a good way to do business. Very unhappy you could at least tell me why rather then just ignore us.
Thank you for sharing your feedback with us. We are sorry we didn't meet your expectations and have connected with our team to follow up regarding your offer request. Please feel free to reach out to community@opendoor.com with any additional concerns.
Company ran ad add that simulated a doorbell at the beginning of said advertisement.
Dogs went crazy at 11:00 PM and woke up the whole household.
All I want to do is watch a YouTube video, wind down, and go to bed....I don't need need Opendoor's poor advertising strategy waking up my kids.
I've looked at several homes through open door all overpriced I'd also like to mention that the property at 1695 Bull Run Southwest Lilburn Georgia is not worth what you're saying.. number one they did not pay what you're saying. I lived there for a year it has electrical plumbing flooding mildew through the crawl space don't waste your time at this property if they owner ever lists with you.. There's active code violations throughout the property with code enforcement of Gwinnett county.
I am a Buyer's Agent and when my clients called to inquire about a property, they were told they would have a better chance of getting an accepted offer on the property without a buyer's agent involved. Shameful. I will NEVER represent anyone interested in buying an Opendoor property. I'd rather starve.
Ellen, we are sorry to hear that you weren't happy with your experience with Opendoor. We want to provide the best possible experience, and want to look into this further. Please reach out at community@opendoor.com so we can investigate.
Hard to work with. Demanding and closes with no funding for days.
We value your feedback and take it seriously. We want to look into this! Please email community@opendoor.com with more information about your experience and the property address.
They have a very clear message on their home page " get a free offer". They collected my information and then refused to make an offer or even a valuation based on information provided. I am sure there are people out there who enjoy their services but I spent the time to provide valuable information to this site and should be able to get the valuation promised but it was declined. I dont think I will use their services.
Received my final offer today and completely disappointed. Definitely don't recommend if you have the time to wait it out on the market then wait it out. I been getting over list contracts from normal buyers but I'm limited on time to sell and unfortunately open door is 40k below my listing price when final offer was made. When they made their initial offer is was only 3k below my listing price.
Hi, sorry to hear that this was your experience with us. We always strive to provide a stress-free, positive experience with Opendoor, but if we've fallen short, we want to look into it. Could you please reach out at community@opendoor.com so we can investigate? Thanks a lot!
Their offer was a complete joke. It was over 10k under what my husband and I bought the home for. We put at least 10k of work into the home too adding a brand new chained link fence to the backyard, an outdoor shed, new light fixtures etc. Beware! Don't let opendoor rob you! Will be listing with an agent that actually sells homes for what they're worth.
I hadn't not decided to sell/buy yet, because although interest rates are excellent, the homes in North Texas are still pricey. I found a home just north of me and I was able to book online to view the home. The realtor was excellent, no pressure, but the home wasn't quite what I was looking for. He explained to us how Open Door was able to sell the homes at a savings of about 1%. So with the no pressure sales and the discounted price, I decided to look for homes in my area because the discount could put the homes in my price range. I found a home not far from where we were, but it was a self guided tour. The app took a picture of the front and back of my license and then it errored out. I figured the error must have been because we were in a carwash when I was trying to access it. We pulled out and I got the same error. I gave up and decided to try the next day. Today I received the same error. I called the number provided by the app and I made contact with the rudest customer service agent. She cut me off and said, to "protect the homes OpenDoor is no longer doing self tours you need an agent to tour the house". I explained to her that I don't have an agent. I asked if she could assign one to show me the house. She kept repeating the same statement. I thought maybe she was foreign and just reading a script. I asked her if she understood what I was saying and she said "yes, you want me to get you an agent to tour the house. We don't do that. You need to get your own." I told her that was interesting because I just toured a house the previous day with an agent. She continued to repeat that I need to get my own agent. I went back to the site, it doesn't say anywhere on the site that OpenDoor is no longer doing self tours. It also says if we don't have an agent OpenDoor will assist us with getting one. This experience has me leery of doing business with OpenDoor. If your customer service agents can't be kind when we call in, then maybe you need to update your site to remove the information about self touring and list an agent with every house.
Thank you for sharing your feedback with us. We are sorry we didn't meet your expectations and after reviewing your account have corrected this issue so you are now able to view any of our homes. We will utilize your feedback to further evaluate and develop to ensure that this doesn't continue to happen in the future.
It has been the most painful experience to buy a house from open door. They lack professionalism and integrity. Being under contract it was agreed that open door will fix the water heater because it was leaking. A professional plumber hired for inspection stated leak was coming from the wall and it need it to be open to see the actual damage. Open door ignored it and according to them they will take care of it and fix it. Open door provided a "receipt" that stated the leak was fixed" and refused to provide a detailed itemized bill showing what was done. When my plumber went a second time to inspect, it was clear that no work was done to the heater and the leak was actually worse. the water had puddled in the garage. Pictures, Videos were sent to Chris Manning (rep of open door) and it was stated that it will be replaced over the weekend. I am now 2 days away from closing and nothing has been fixed. Communication has been awful and it has taken Chris manning quite a long time to take care of business. I have had to extend various times the deadlines every step of the way. Chris manning will take an avg of 2-4 days to respond making the buying process extremely hard and lengthily.
Thank you for sharing your feedback with us, We have looked into your concerns and can assure you that our Opendoor representative has been in contact with your agent. Because you are currently represented we do have to advise to counsel your representation but have communicated your concerns internally and will follow up with your agent.
I have been watching the market for quite some time now and have been closely looking at many properties OpenDoor has listed in my area. I've watched many OpenDoor homes sit on the market for months at time compared to the competition that sells in 1 day with multiple offers over list price. I believe it is very telling that no OpenDoor properties sell that quickly.

I recently terminated a contract on an OpenDoor property after having a home inspection.

Although this home had many deficiencies that would require a significant amount of capital to correct, I was still willing to work through the negations on the home as I felt I was being reasonable with my request. Of the 55 pages of deficiencies my main concern was home had a 2 active water leaks that have been allowed to leak for so long it has rotted a floor and joist underneath in 2 separate areas of the home. The HVAC unit was also inoperable and will also require repair. After submitting a reasonable request for these repairs, I was countered with a credit of .024% off the price of the home.

At that point there was no need for me to continue negations, so I terminated my offer. I do hope you disclose the conditions in my report to the next buyer on the property so they will know the exact condition of the home when making their offer. I have found many people who had very similar experiences as I have with OpenDoor and many of us have learned our lesson and automatically will pass by any property owned by OpenDoor in our continued home search.
I had one woman showing my house stayed on her cell phone. I’m not happy with y’all at all do not least your house with these people. Or you’ll never sell.
Sorry to hear this, and thanks for taking the time to share your feedback with us. If you would like please email community@opendoor.com with more information about your experience and the property address so we can better understand how our teams can improve.
Terrible experience. They left my Dad waiting outside the apt for 45 mins. Came and went and never let him know, despite having set up the appointment to meet him. After all that, didn’t make an offer with no clear reason why. Waste of time and effort.
Very frustrating and waste of time. They gave us a high range then after gave a low ball offer of $12k under the low range. This was before they estimated $3,000 in repairs. Agent wasn't even sure why, then got back to me and said their comps changed! This was all within one weeks time! I would not give them even one star!
Opendoor is rated 4.16 based on 1,000 reviews