Opendoor Reviews

of reviewers recommend Opendoor
Read Opendoor Reviews

About Opendoor:

In 2014, we set out to reinvent life’s most important transaction with home sellers and buyers in mind. Since then, we’ve helped thousands of people sell their homes and move in one simple, seamless transaction.

Life’s biggest milestones come with a move. Whether you’re getting married, starting a family, or taking a new job, moving is a natural step towards your dream. But it isn’t easy. Each step is more stressful than the last, and sometimes it seems like everyone but you is in control of your destiny.

Opendoor is here to change that. From selling your current home to choosing your next one, we’ve revolutionized the process to put you at the center of your move. Because we believe only one person should be in charge of how your future unfolds, and that’s you.

community@opendoor.com

Tell us how Opendoor made you happy
They have a very clear message on their home page " get a free offer". They collected my information and then refused to make an offer or even a valuation based on information provided. I am sure there are people out there who enjoy their services but I spent the time to provide valuable information to this site and should be able to get the valuation promised but it was declined. I dont think I will use their services.
Thank you for sharing your feedback with us. We are sorry we didn't meet your expectations and will utilize your feedback to further evaluate and develop.
Months ago, when I checked to see if I could get an iBuyer offer from OpenDoor, their website said they didn't service my area, yet, but recently I checked again and the website presented me with an offer range and prompted me to schedule a 30-minute virtual walkthrough of my property to finalize the offer. That walkthrough turned out to be a video meeting with a rep who wasted my time asking about my reasons for selling and what realtors I'd talked to and promoted OpenDoor's non-iBuyer listing and realtor affiliate services before telling me they don't buy high-rise condos in my area, and then said they'd have a partner realtor contact me, who turned out to be a bit pushy (had to tell him twice I don't want to work with OpenDoor and by implication, him). I was really interested in trying out the iBuyer option as a way to avoid aggressive and ethically questionable realtors I've had to deal with before, but the OpenDoor bait-and-switch just moved it online, and their supposedly great commission discount is just 1% off the industry standard maximum and above what my previous realtor charged me. Also, there's no way to delete an account on their website, so I'm rather suspicious about all the spam telephone calls I've been getting from realtors lately.
Thank you for sharing your feedback with us. We are sorry we didn't meet your expectations and want to look into this. Please reach out at community@opendoor.com with your property address so we can further evaluate this situation.
Received my final offer today and completely disappointed. Definitely don't recommend if you have the time to wait it out on the market then wait it out. I been getting over list contracts from normal buyers but I'm limited on time to sell and unfortunately open door is 40k below my listing price when final offer was made. When they made their initial offer is was only 3k below my listing price.
Hi, sorry to hear that this was your experience with us. We always strive to provide a stress-free, positive experience with Opendoor, but if we've fallen short, we want to look into it. Could you please reach out at community@opendoor.com so we can investigate? Thanks a lot!
Their offer was a complete joke. It was over 10k under what my husband and I bought the home for. We put at least 10k of work into the home too adding a brand new chained link fence to the backyard, an outdoor shed, new light fixtures etc. Beware! Don't let opendoor rob you! Will be listing with an agent that actually sells homes for what they're worth.
I hadn't not decided to sell/buy yet, because although interest rates are excellent, the homes in North Texas are still pricey. I found a home just north of me and I was able to book online to view the home. The realtor was excellent, no pressure, but the home wasn't quite what I was looking for. He explained to us how Open Door was able to sell the homes at a savings of about 1%. So with the no pressure sales and the discounted price, I decided to look for homes in my area because the discount could put the homes in my price range. I found a home not far from where we were, but it was a self guided tour. The app took a picture of the front and back of my license and then it errored out. I figured the error must have been because we were in a carwash when I was trying to access it. We pulled out and I got the same error. I gave up and decided to try the next day. Today I received the same error. I called the number provided by the app and I made contact with the rudest customer service agent. She cut me off and said, to "protect the homes OpenDoor is no longer doing self tours you need an agent to tour the house". I explained to her that I don't have an agent. I asked if she could assign one to show me the house. She kept repeating the same statement. I thought maybe she was foreign and just reading a script. I asked her if she understood what I was saying and she said "yes, you want me to get you an agent to tour the house. We don't do that. You need to get your own." I told her that was interesting because I just toured a house the previous day with an agent. She continued to repeat that I need to get my own agent. I went back to the site, it doesn't say anywhere on the site that OpenDoor is no longer doing self tours. It also says if we don't have an agent OpenDoor will assist us with getting one. This experience has me leery of doing business with OpenDoor. If your customer service agents can't be kind when we call in, then maybe you need to update your site to remove the information about self touring and list an agent with every house.
Thank you for sharing your feedback with us. We are sorry we didn't meet your expectations and after reviewing your account have corrected this issue so you are now able to view any of our homes. We will utilize your feedback to further evaluate and develop to ensure that this doesn't continue to happen in the future.
It has been the most painful experience to buy a house from open door. They lack professionalism and integrity. Being under contract it was agreed that open door will fix the water heater because it was leaking. A professional plumber hired for inspection stated leak was coming from the wall and it need it to be open to see the actual damage. Open door ignored it and according to them they will take care of it and fix it. Open door provided a "receipt" that stated the leak was fixed" and refused to provide a detailed itemized bill showing what was done. When my plumber went a second time to inspect, it was clear that no work was done to the heater and the leak was actually worse. the water had puddled in the garage. Pictures, Videos were sent to Chris Manning (rep of open door) and it was stated that it will be replaced over the weekend. I am now 2 days away from closing and nothing has been fixed. Communication has been awful and it has taken Chris manning quite a long time to take care of business. I have had to extend various times the deadlines every step of the way. Chris manning will take an avg of 2-4 days to respond making the buying process extremely hard and lengthily.
Thank you for sharing your feedback with us, We have looked into your concerns and can assure you that our Opendoor representative has been in contact with your agent. Because you are currently represented we do have to advise to counsel your representation but have communicated your concerns internally and will follow up with your agent.
I have been watching the market for quite some time now and have been closely looking at many properties OpenDoor has listed in my area. I've watched many OpenDoor homes sit on the market for months at time compared to the competition that sells in 1 day with multiple offers over list price. I believe it is very telling that no OpenDoor properties sell that quickly.

I recently terminated a contract on an OpenDoor property after having a home inspection.

Although this home had many deficiencies that would require a significant amount of capital to correct, I was still willing to work through the negations on the home as I felt I was being reasonable with my request. Of the 55 pages of deficiencies my main concern was home had a 2 active water leaks that have been allowed to leak for so long it has rotted a floor and joist underneath in 2 separate areas of the home. The HVAC unit was also inoperable and will also require repair. After submitting a reasonable request for these repairs, I was countered with a credit of .024% off the price of the home.

At that point there was no need for me to continue negations, so I terminated my offer. I do hope you disclose the conditions in my report to the next buyer on the property so they will know the exact condition of the home when making their offer. I have found many people who had very similar experiences as I have with OpenDoor and many of us have learned our lesson and automatically will pass by any property owned by OpenDoor in our continued home search.
I had one woman showing my house stayed on her cell phone. I’m not happy with y’all at all do not least your house with these people. Or you’ll never sell.
Sorry to hear this, and thanks for taking the time to share your feedback with us. If you would like please email community@opendoor.com with more information about your experience and the property address so we can better understand how our teams can improve.
Terrible experience. They left my Dad waiting outside the apt for 45 mins. Came and went and never let him know, despite having set up the appointment to meet him. After all that, didn’t make an offer with no clear reason why. Waste of time and effort.
Very frustrating and waste of time. They gave us a high range then after gave a low ball offer of $12k under the low range. This was before they estimated $3,000 in repairs. Agent wasn't even sure why, then got back to me and said their comps changed! This was all within one weeks time! I would not give them even one star!
I previously complained that Opendoor required that I work with a real estate agent, and was told that self tours were once again allowed. But when I tried to schedule one, I was told that no, I had to have an agent. They are dishonest.
Woe to those that are unfortunate to live near an opendoor home...I had 2 trees from one near my home. The 1st time their team did a g=eat job.. tree had root rot. The next one way bigger than the first took out one of my evergreen trees. They took care of the debris on that property but never returned to take care of the limbs and branches on my property. This tree also had root rot. If you are buying a home from this company....you already know your not getting the best of the best houses in your local market. Buyer beware that you will also have issues on the property surrounding your money pit.
Dawn, We value your feedback and take it seriously. We want to look into this! Please email community@opendoor.com with more information about your experience and the property address.
By far the worst people to work with. When buying a house there is much better service and respect out there than Opendoor. Will NEVER recommend. Highly disappointed.
They lie and cover stuff up and suck
Amanda, thank you for sharing your feedback with us. We are sorry we didn't meet your expectations and want to look into this. Please reach out at community@opendoor.com with your property address so we can further evaluate this situation.
My selling experience was not pleasant. I felt my offer was too low but Opendoor was not willing to budge and insisted it was based on a computer program that gives a fair market value of the home. Opendoor claims instead of buying low and selling high, that they give you a fair offer and then charge a fee. My offer was $258k and was charged approx $19k fee. My home was put by on the market by open door and listed for $282k without any upgrades. I do not believe the market changed that much in 30 days to equate for a $24k difference. I feel Opendoor scammed me and is a complete rip off. I wish I never sold to Opendoor and I will never use Opendoor again and will definitely not recommend this service to anyone. My buying experience was much better. I was paired with Melissa who was very knowledgeable. She went above and beyond.
We're sorry to hear about your experience with Opendoor, and if we’ve fallen short of your expectation of us we'd like to look further into it. Please reach out at community@opendoor.com with your best contact information and property address.
I recently bought a house in Florida with Opendoor and am completely disappointed with the repairs from my inspection period. Now that we are living in our house it is clear whoever was hired by your company couldn't have been less qualified to do repairs in a home. Every single thing that was replaced based on my inspection was wrong. It has cost me an additional 1,000 to fix since I had to hire a handy that was actually qualified to do the work. Not to mention the repairs posed safety issues due to being repaired incorrectly. I had glass windows that were repaired with plastic and not sealed correct and when your rep was contacted that stated that was the only way to fix it. Turns out that was a lie once i had a glass technician come out and fix it correctly. I also had door rot repaired and the door was placed back on incorrectly and was unable to close. The dishwasher your company replaced was wired incorrectly and live wire was exposed. This could have burnt down my house! It is completely disappointing that your company cannot afford to hire quality workers when all you do is buy and sell homes. I am a disabled vet with three children and should have to worry someone can break my windows and doors or my house could erupt in flames due to your negligent.
Purchased a house 2 weeks ago. Master shower needs gutted, tiles caving in before 1st use. Estimating $2500 or more for repair if mold is present. Electrical had double tapped wiring $225 to repair to insure home. A.c. condensation exhaust line was buried causing interior to flood. One outdoor lighting fixture still non operational. All outdoor water bibs leaking. Ready to seek legal advise.
Hi Richard, Thank you for sharing your feedback with us. We are sorry we didn't meet your expectations! I see you are currently in communication with our teams to address this issue. Please continue communication through those coms and if any additional questions or concerns come up please email community@opendoor.com
I requested an offer - this is what I received: Here's your offer from one of Opendoor's Trusted Partners
$235,000 - I purchased my home last year for $270k - the offer they sent was for $235k - has anyone noticed the market going down dramatically? I find this offer offensive - PLUS they want me to pay a 3% commision on top of it. I would have to bring qooo's of dollars to the table to sell to this ridiculous company.
Thank you for sharing your feedback with us. We are sorry the offer didn't meet your expectations and will utilize your feedback to further evaluate and develop.
we bought a house from open door All open door did was put lipstick on the exterior of house and tried on interior but my 4 year old grandson could have done a better job the spilled paint on carpet without even trying to clean it up. they dropped paint spots from whit ceiling onto brown walls again didn't even try cleaning it off but here are the real problems.
1. Landscape irrigation tired into main water line illegal code requires a backflow preventer installed , irrigation timer did not work , irrigation line had more holes then swiss cheese but they advertised irrigation cost to get it done ( $3250.00)
2. kitchen Faucet would not move in any direction cost to replace ($250.00)
3.carpet was Filthy pet pee stains all over cost to clean ( $225.00)
4. pool equipment ( pump and filter ) did not work correctly over 20 years old cost to replace ( $5057.00)
5. Garage doors no remotes was a starter but after looking closer the double door had only ( 1 ) spring on it and it was broken the door where the opener connects to was 3/4 ripped off the door had to replace door and opener cost ( $2575.00)
6. Smoke alarms inside house did not work with each other to warn you if smoke or fire was on other side of house like they are made to do had to replace all Smoke alarms
cost ( $3780.00 )
7. only keys the gave was for front door dead bolt had to replace all exterior door locks and dead bolts Cost ($ 350.00)
all Open doors wants is to put money in there pockets they could give a Rats Ass about anything or Anybody
We were in contract with the on a house and presented them with tested evidence of all three bad molds in 4 places in the property as well as evidence from two sources that the foundation was 6” out of level. These repairs are going to be very expensive. Instead of making the repairs, they decided to reject them, have us terminate the contract and put it back on the market hoping someone else will buy it without realizing and save them money. What a sad reality that they are focused on profits even if it is destructive to a buyers health and life. I am posting this in hopes of protecting a potential buyer
Opendoor is rated 4.06 based on 826 reviews