Opendoor Reviews

of reviewers recommend Opendoor
Read Opendoor Reviews

About Opendoor:

In 2014, we set out to reinvent life’s most important transaction with home sellers and buyers in mind. Since then, we’ve helped thousands of people sell their homes and move in one simple, seamless transaction.

Life’s biggest milestones come with a move. Whether you’re getting married, starting a family, or taking a new job, moving is a natural step towards your dream. But it isn’t easy. Each step is more stressful than the last, and sometimes it seems like everyone but you is in control of your destiny.

Opendoor is here to change that. From selling your current home to choosing your next one, we’ve revolutionized the process to put you at the center of your move. Because we believe only one person should be in charge of how your future unfolds, and that’s you.

community@opendoor.com

Tell us how Opendoor made you happy
Opendoor 5 star review on 23rd October 2021
Opendoor 5 star review on 3rd September 2021
Russell
Opendoor 5 star review on 3rd September 2021
Russell
Trying to buy from the is horrendous. The houses are self tour and you use the app to gain access. Most of the time the app doesn’t work and I have to call customer care to see the house. It’s typically a 30 minute wait to speak with someone. So I now basically expect to show up, not get the code from the app and spend 30 minutes on the phone so I can view the house. Some of the houses we looked at had been in the market for months. Scheduled one showing in the evening and the lights didn’t work. Used my cellphone flashlight to check out most of the house. A few rooms had lights but most didn’t. Guessing the breaker tripped. Also one had the beginnings of a hornets nest.
Stacy, thanks for taking the time to share your feedback with us. Could you please email resolution@opendoor.com with your name, property address, and experience details? We will review and get back to you.
Pro: touring a home is so easy! Cons: homes are listed deceptively with inaccurate information (such as amount of bedrooms!), lot size, public sewer when it has a septic tank, etc. These deceptions can determine list prices in appraisals which is essentially robbing buyers of the actual fair market value of the home. I do not trust opendoor listings and encourage buyers to do their homework before putting an offer in on an opendoor home. Realtors operating on this system have only this listing information to go on and will negotiate according to what is entered in their system. They do not actually know the house they are attempting to sell. Check comps in the area for similar floorplans. A bedroom must have a window and a closet or it is only a bonus room. Check gas, septic, plumbing, roof line, evidence of rodents, insulation, etc. VERY IMPORTANT: check for polybutylene plumbing lines. Opendoor will lie. They get a star because of the ease of touring homes.
We want each of our customers to have an excellent Opendoor experience. Can you please send your name, property address, and additional details to resolution@opendoor.com? We look forward to hearing from you.
Process was quick and simple and the team was very responsive, but final offer was ~$60/sqft lower than meaningful comps in my area with no clear explanation as of why. With Zillow out of the market, they have no major competition in this type of sale and it looks like they've started pricing that way
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us! A negotiation doesn’t reach a common ground every time, but we are constantly improving our services and we would like to look into this further for you. Please reach out to contact@opendoor.com with your name, property address, and the details of your experience so we can investigate this situation.
After video conferencing the tour indoors and someone out for the outdoors, I was quoted repairs of over $34,000! Repair a small part of a roof still under warranty, a lanai that needs paint and screening and tree removal which is an assumption and no need to remove part of the charm of my quiet neighborhood. My home is worth $295 - 345,000. My net after everything would be $229,00. Rip off to the worst degree! Absolutely no repairs indoors either. Don’t let this company take advantage! Very dissatisfied!
Everything viewed 50 homes no offer accepted and lack of communication
We always strive to provide a stress-free, positive experience with Opendoor, and we would like to learn more about what happened. Could you please reach out to resolution@opendoor.com describing the issue so we can investigate? Thanks a lot!
Their website is limitless in promises but it's all but impossible to actually speak to someone that knows something. The phone number might get answered but it will involve someone with poor English that can't address any questions anyway. Email gets sent and you wait ... It's not a service to use if you're looking for current information, need to make a decision anytime soon or are attempting to weigh your options. Inventory is limited and it appears that the states available to move to are limited as well.
JMA, we value your feedback and take it seriously. We want to look into this further and we kindly ask you to help us improve our services by sending an email with the situation you have encountered at contact@opendoor.com. We deeply apologize for any inconvenience caused and we assure you that we will utilize your feedback to further evaluate and develop.
I purchase a home recently (July, 2021) though Open door in Austin and my experience was really bad. Even agent was not good and he did not have much experience with Open door. There were multiple issues where I or my agent had to follow up with their sales agent and response was horrible. The house took about 4 weeks to close and Open door did not maintain the property inside and outside. When they had over it was not in livable condition (Did not lean the house or the backyard). I did not got my mail box key and mail box no as well. I had to take the handover remotely and cloud not come to the sites. Primary Home buying come with lots of emotion with the home owners and Open door did not respect any of these. I called up many times their customer service to share my experience and asked them to escalate my case, but did not help at all.
We're so sorry to hear about your experience with Opendoor, and if we’ve fallen short of your expectation of us, we'd like to look further into it. Please reach out at contact@opendoor.com with your contact information and property address, so we can investigate and find the best solution for this issue. We sincerely apologize again, Mrinal, and we are eagerly awaiting your email!
Not personable; Communication is not good. And when you do have communication, there's too many people involved, some calling sporadically, so you're not sure who is who sometimes, what they're role is, etc. Fine for selling, (clear communication is still needed), not good for buying.
my husband bought a house with them and the whole process was very stressful, they said they were going to solve some things in the house and after closing when we got home they hadn't done it, we felt very frustrated
Slow, tech added nothing, just slightly cheaper
Recently had an inspector come. Instead of sticking to his job and inspecting outside only - he was "phishing" in the house- suspicious at best like he was scoping it out to resell. "if " this was the case, it would be conflict of interest to lower the estimate to take a part of the cream off the top when it was resold... "if" it was the case... i was uncomfortable at best! Even if open door gave me a comfortable amount - i'm going elsewhere...
Sorry please do something
I’m at a cross road, I’ve been asking about what the HOA covers, I was on the phone all day yesterday, I couldn’t get a hold of the Hoa, I’m in Contract and found out that it does not covers water/ trash. This only Disappointment I’ve had with Open Door. The Appointment was perfect people were perfect.
Sorry to hear this, and thanks for taking the time to share your feedback with us. If you would like please email community@opendoor.com with more information about your experience and the property address so we can better understand how our teams can improve.
Process went fine until I accepted the contract offer. After that, Opendoor contact stopped responding. Had questions on where to send the documents specified in the contract, but no response after multiple emails and text (which she used to respond to within an hour). Will update if things change.
Thank you for sharing your feedback with us. We are sorry we didn't meet your expectations and want to look into this. Please reach out at community@opendoor.com with your property address so we can further evaluate this situation.
The buying process and price were great. However they use subpar contractors who do shotty work. They used the cheapest and the thinnest coat of paint they could. I can’t clean my walls without the paint coming off. In my kitchen they didn’t clean before painting and painted right over grease. They tiled over wood subfloor which is a no no. The bathroom floor has completely fallen apart because it flexes when you walk on it. Multiple faucets were broken with handles just sitting in place but not actually functional. Instead of replacing a light fixture they just capped the junction box. All of the sink and tub drains were clogged. Broken toilet seat, hole in door, uneven drywall patch job. The list goes on. They aren’t things that stand out to you when doing a walk through and most don’t test out. You just expect that if someone came in and did work, they did a good job. This is not the case.
Cassandra, We value your feedback and take it seriously. We want to look into this! Please email community@opendoor.com with more information about your experience and the property address.
They won't buy a home with leased solar panels according to Austin. However, I am purchasing a home from them that has leased solar from Tesla. Why they would not buy my home makes no sense because I have leased solar panels from Tesla.
Tim, We value your feedback and take it seriously. We want to look into this! Please email community@opendoor.com with more information about your experience and the property address.
Would not recommend this for hoem buying or selling. I was initially given a all cash in offer which was very low from market price but I was intrested in there buy and sell model via their agent. So I started the process of pre approval with the opendoor home loans and during the process was assigned a loan officer who was not at all responding to my queires in between and was blacked out for 4 weeks and then came back askign for more documentations which I thought was ridiculous as I had provided all reqruied documents at the first time it self and coming back after 4 weeks of silence had got my confidence with Opendoor gone. SO it is really bad experience with them so wouldn't reocmment the same.
Geo, We value your feedback and take it seriously. We want to look into this! Please email community@opendoor.com with more information about your experience.
Do not buy a house from Opendoor! They are flippers! I did not know this until after the inspection report. All they did was replace the carpet. They purchased the home and 3 days later it was on the market. The inspection report had 37 items. Three were critical including the roof. Their generous offer of $500 was firm no budging! The estimate for the roof repair alone was $2500. I was told a handyman can fix it all including the electric problems. This requires a licensed person. The house smelled of cigarettes. JUST BE CAREFUL!
My initial experience with Opendoor was good. Customer service was fantastic and response time were always prompt when I was looking into actually purchasing my house. Once I got into contract with them and it was time for me to get an appraisal and inspection done I was told to contact them when I arrived to get the code to get into the house and it was hard to get ahold of my sales individual. There were quite a few repairs to be done to the house that surprisingly Opendoor agreed to fix. Now I have been living in my house for a month and the so called repairs that they said they fixed are all breaking or they were half a**ed done. So now I am running into more issues from their “repairs” than I would’ve if I just moved in without them touching anything. Oh and they never pulled permits for what they should’ve.
This Company has an app that ANYONE can get to open a vacant house.. including the 100+ teenagers that showed up in my small gated community to destroy the place and smoke weed all in the house... you need better verification than this.
Thank you for sharing your feedback with us. We are sorry we didn't meet your expectations and will utilize your feedback to further evaluate and develop.
Opendoor is rated 4.37 based on 1,980 reviews