Opendoor Reviews

of reviewers recommend Opendoor
Read Opendoor Reviews

About Opendoor:

In 2014, we set out to reinvent life’s most important transaction with home sellers and buyers in mind. Since then, we’ve helped thousands of people sell their homes and move in one simple, seamless transaction.

Life’s biggest milestones come with a move. Whether you’re getting married, starting a family, or taking a new job, moving is a natural step towards your dream. But it isn’t easy. Each step is more stressful than the last, and sometimes it seems like everyone but you is in control of your destiny.

Opendoor is here to change that. From selling your current home to choosing your next one, we’ve revolutionized the process to put you at the center of your move. Because we believe only one person should be in charge of how your future unfolds, and that’s you.

community@opendoor.com

Tell us how Opendoor made you happy
I was working a full-time job and building a new home(personally). I did not have time for a real estate company and dealing with an agent, showings, and all the things that goes into that. Opendoor made it very easy to show my home, proceed through closing, and sell my home with minimal effort. They were extremely professional and I felt they were by my side every step of the way. Anytime I had questions, I knew I could call and get answers. And I did just that and they were prompt and courteous. The closing was just as smooth as it should have been. I was very pleased with the overall process, their professionalism, and the outcome. Thanks so much for your time and attention! I highly recommend open door to anyone that wants to avoid the real estate and realtor nonsense. Opendoor is a great company with great people. Thanks!
(Nashville) - Posted 1 year ago
We love hearing stories like yours, Brady! Thank you for supporting what we do and for spreading the word about Opendoor. We wish you all the best in this next chapter!
Bait and switch big time. The final offer came in 30% lower than the preliminary offer. Big waste of time and effort
Working wit Chelsea and her Team was a great experience. They were professional and tenacious when there were questions to be answered and problems to be solved.
Open Door provided an easy, fast, and fair way to sell my home. I needed to find a buyer quick and Open Door was very quick to reply and meet with me to start the process. The entire process started at 46 days but I requested and earlier close and everyone involved made that happen. They are extremely communicative and my representative Tobias, as a pleasure to work with. They made what is normally a stressful time in selling a home, very easy for me. I appreciate all of their help and would without hesitation recommend their services.
They gave a fair price and closed as quick as they could.
Drama free house sell. As seller always in control, no switch & bait, and most important is no risk of closing. Opendoor has the capital to close (no loan contingency).
Opendoor told my buyer if they didn't use a realtor (me) that they would come down on the price! Thanks Opendoor!
They will take advantage. I tracked the home I sold and they profited over $40k from what they offered. Do not sell with them. Beef or virtues keep your home with a traditional realtor and keep your hard earned money to yourself. They took me to the cleaners. Lesson learned
Very reliable patient great customer service
Quick and easy sell. No hassle. Very responsive. Offer could have been a little higher but for the convenience of not needing to wait for a buyer, it was fair.
Buying a house from open door is pretty good. Selling your house you purchase from Opendoor they will try to rob you. I’m trying to sell my place I got from open door and they are very dishonest blood suckers. 4-8-2024
Opendoor was fast and easy sell. We filled out info online go preliminary quote on sale, then did virtual walk thru, then someone came look at house in person. They sent us final offer and it was very close to preliminary offer. We accepted, picked closing date 2 weeks later, moved out sent in pictures, then received equity check in mail a day later! Awesome and easy process!!
Open door is a damn joke. They came and appraised my house for 317000. Their initial price offer was 400200. On top of the 317000 they also said my house needed 48000 in repairs, it was completely remodeled within the last 3years. I recently (the same day as their appraiser came out) have had 3 cash offers that would give me 355000 cash with no service fees or closing as is. Opendoor is a joke and would do business with anyone else other than them
I did a zoom walk through with Opendoor and then an inspector came out to my house and walked around with me. My house is near Tucson, AZ where tile roof homes are common. My house is 35 years old and has the original tile roof with no leaks. My whole house (2 story home) AC unit is about 14 years old and I just replaced the 2 stage motor on it 3 years ago. The AC is working perfectly as it was serviced at that time also. The offer came back to me as much lower than the current market price and then subtracting almost 40K for a new roof and AC unit. If you want to subtract that expense from a 40K higher offer that would be closer to market value, or if the offer included the replacement costs in it, it might be more reasonable but not the low offer and subtracting 40K in unnecessary replacements.
Brian, Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback. We appreciate the ability to look into your feedback to see what opportunities we have to provide better experiences for our customers moving forward. If you have anything additional you would like to share you are welcome to email us at resolution@opendoor.com. Thanks again for your time and we wish you the absolute best with your listing experience. Respectfully, Opendoor
Please only use if you are desperate!! My home only needed 794.00 in repairs!! The value of my home is around 290000 the offered 255700 minus over 12000 in fees plus 794.00 in repairs which the amount would have dropped to 240000 nope that is me giving you my home for free. What is a service fee for I don’t understand that at all!!! Never see a service fee that high!! They making money from you and getting double back!! Not for me ever!!!
I received my final offer on February 15th and my payoff was in the bank on March 19th. My representative, Chloe, was available whenever I called or texted (or a member of her team). They worked with me to answer all of my myriad questions without making me feel like I should actually know all of this. Their price was fair to say the least, especially since the place really needed paint and some minor work. I’m not in a position to hire contractors and supervise them at my age. Then there would have been the cost of at least two or three additional months of mortgage, taxes and HOA fees, not to mention that as I approach that sale price, capital gains tax takes a big bite. So, I apologize for the long winded response, but I feel they deserve a few kudos. At 71, doing the whole fix it up, stage it, and haggle over it wasn’t going to work. And to accomplish this in a few days over a month? Unbelievable. Selling your house is a tough experience, especially if you’ve been there a while. Open door made it as easy as could be for me. Will they make a few bucks flipping it over? I hope so. I believe there’s enough to go around. I wish them continued success.
Great experience
Opendoor provided me open chances and hope. I'm very looking forward to search variety of photos through this.
Customer service excellent easy smooth process
Closing sounds like it will be dreadful, but this process was simple and straightforward. Thanks Opendoor
Beware of their deceptive practice. Their preliminary offer was very attractive but then after we opened our house to show them they told us they cannot give us an offer with a reason that can be determined ahead of our showing (nothing to do with our house). It seems that they just want to come to our house to gather information for their database. Fortunately, we were alerted and refused to do the video recording(a staff came to take pictures with our guidance instead) as we are still living there. We feel lucky when compared with the suffering of so many reviewers who were actually given the final offer by Opendoor.
Thank you for providing feedback about your experience. We would appreciate the opportunity to learn more about your specific experience if you are willing to share. Please email us at resolution@opendoor.com with additional details such as the property address and we will look into this further and get back to you with a response. Respectfully, Opendoor Team
Opendoor is rated 4.4 based on 3,305 reviews