Opendoor Reviews

85% of reviewers recommend Opendoor

About Opendoor: In 2014, we set out to reinvent life’s most important transaction with home sellers and buyers in mind. Since then, we’ve helped thousands of people sell their homes and move in one simple, seamless transaction.

Life’s biggest milestones come with a move. Whether you’re getting married, starting a family, or taking a new job, moving is a natural step towards your dream. But it isn’t easy. Each step is more stressful than the last, and sometimes it seems like everyone but you is in control of your destiny.

Opendoor is here to change that. From selling your current home to choosing your next one, we’ve revolutionized the process to put you at the center of your move. Because we believe only one person should be in charge of how your future unfolds, and that’s you.

Tell us how Opendoor made you happy

Under an hour
"So, my husband and I have recently begun relocation cross country to his hometown. When I got a very good job offer it put some urgency into selling our home. We only had it on the market about a month before we decided to go with Opendoor. I knew we would not make a big profit, but since I had good equity, we would be okay with the settlement. I had read all the reviews, done some research and even retained my agent for the process at my expense. The offer was very low, and the fees are very high, the cost of convenience I suppose. At this point the repairs came out to 4,300. A bit high, as if I am paying for improvements for them to flip it, but again, perfect victim due to urgency. This is where it gets bad, really bad, I am already losing tens of thousands versus a market sale, I am in my new hometown closing remotely. The mobile notary comes to my Airbnb on Wednesday, we sign, husband signs in Texas. Done. Nope, TWO hours after closing I am informed the math was wrong and it would be 6K less! After closing! People, I cannot stress enough the fact that this was AFTER closing! The first story was Opendoor commission, the second was taxes, nobody really knows. They just want an extra 6k and since I am even more pressured with pending home purchase, I believe they thought I would have no choice. Wrong, I went through the settlement sheet and every department that let the error slip was forced to rebate their fees, my agent reduced hers and they made up the difference. Did I mention I am in leadership?? The story is not over though, as I sit here on the east coast on Friday afternoon, still no funds. They can’t seem to put a trace on the wire that they documented as executed on Thursday and was not executed until this morning. But, still NO funds. I call the closer and she informs me that that they accidentally sent a live check via FedEx to the property address they now own, in Texas, and the wire transfer tracking number I was provided was for my agents funds not mine. Please note the finance company and title company are owned by Opendoor. To conclude, it is 5:15 EST on Friday and I just got funded on a transaction from Wednesday. My closer was genuinely upset and did resolve it, but had it not been for multiple calls to the office, my bank, my mortgage company and agent it could have been weeks. Only use Opendoor to get rid of a mortgage payment, nothing more. There are people that depend on the equity to buy a new home and with Opendoor you will not be sure even after closing."
"Me and my girl friend just recently purchased a open door home in the DFW area. We went through a realtor and our experience in dealing with them has been a pleasant one from the beginning. They was open to negotiate a fair price with us to go under contract. They always granted us access to the home and when the contract was placed on the home they came out and put a lock box on the home which granted us easy access. We had to amend the contract a few times and open door was always willing to accept the terms. Thank you open door for making our home buying experience a enjoyable one."
Great to hear you've had a positive experience with Opendoor! Thank you for choosing Opendoor for such an important transaction.
"Open door is a greedy company and no customer service like other Brokerage companies. My agent has been trying to get a hold of the agent to find out more details. Not responding. They purchased a house a few months ago and they are not living in it or fixing nothing in the house. The windows are bad."
I’m sorry to hear your experience with Opendoor was less than stellar. Your feedback matters to us. Please email community@opendoor.com with more information about your experience and the property address so our team can learn more.
How did you work with Opendoor? I sold my home to Opendoor AND bought a new one with Opendoor
In what city did you work with Opendoor (e.g. Phoenix, Nashville)? Maricopa
Your Name: Aundre Bell
"Our experience with Opendoor was Awesome! Knowledge staff helps throuought the process. From tours, to selling, to buying opendoor helped every step of the way. When we sold, our funding was issued in 24 hours. They help orchestrate simultaneous closing on both transactions."
(Phoenix) - Posted 5 days ago
So glad to hear this Aundre. Thanks for letting us know! We're so happy you were able to benefit from the ease and certainty the Opendoor experience provides!
"Edward Sydney Edward Sydney Edward Sydney Edward Sydney Edward Sydney Edward Sydney"
Thanks for sharing, Edward!
"With all the other services/companies offering to buy your house, I found Opendoor was the best fit for me. They were easy to work with, answered all my questions in a timely matter, and made me a great offer."
That’s fantastic to hear, thanks for sharing your experience with us.
In what city did you work with Opendoor (e.g. Phoenix, Nashville)? TAMPA
Your Name: Peter
"The communication was on point from the first inquiry until the final closing. They were professional, polite, and even more important...they were always on time. If you had an appointment they were arriving on the dot, which in the real estate world is something hard to say. I did not have to show my home to buyers at all and I didn't have to worry about appraisals with a cash offer. Picking our closing date to align with buying our new place was smoothe as can be and provided a peace of mind for us. Very good experience."
(Tampa) - Posted 1 week ago
We’re always happy to hear about the positive experiences our customers have with us. Thank you for sharing Peter!
"The Open door team was great! We got the price we wanted for our house and they made the sale so easy!! We didn't have to do much, they took care of it! It was all done in our time. They were so helpful and nice!! I would definitely recommend selling your house to them!! Great to work with!!"
We're delighted to hear you've had a good experience with Opendoor Monica. We appreciate you spreading the word about Opendoor! :)
In what city did you work with Opendoor (e.g. Phoenix, Nashville)? Tampa
Your Name: Kelly
"Open Door exceeded my expectations. Delivered on every promise and made the process easy and stress-free."
(Tampa) - Posted 1 week ago
We love hearing stories like these! Thanks for taking the time to share, Kelly.
"Shad wouldn't take the time to give us an offer. Canceled our scheduled meeting, did not answer when we called, and told us we were high risk."
Jennifer,

Sorry to hear this, and thanks for taking the time to share your feedback with us. Please email community@opendoor.com with more information about your experience and the property address so we can better understand how our teams can improve.
"Easy and stress free"
(Raleigh) - Posted 1 week ago
Dianna, We appreciate your kind feedback!
"Very disappointed , the e mails received from open door looked positive then they told us they could not find comparable comps for our home in the area . I called and spoke with them that we are in a high value area and is one of the fastest turning markets I don't see how they cant find sales . so I asked them how they arrived at this and was told they use MLS. so I asked if they are using real estate agents with MLS. and was told no they have people that use MLS through a brokers account but they are not realtors, so I asked how they know how to use it and can they really understand real estate comps. I received no answer to this question . I told them that we have many major builders here in our area , so how we can we not have comps. the homes sales in our area are going so fast that due to the rapid growth in our area some people are having trouble as many homes sellers receive multiple offers. at this point they offered to help me find a realtor . very disappointed in the responses it seems like they are trying to make decisions without correct and accurate information."
We are sorry your experience was less than stellar. We want to give the best possible experience to everyone and are sorry we fell short here. Please reach out to community@opendoor.com with more information about your experience and include the property address so we can quickly investigate.
In what city did you work with Opendoor (e.g. Phoenix, Nashville)? Phoenix
Your Name: Bob
"Very professional and seamless process from start to finish. I received acfair offer for my home and was closed within 2 weeks. The Opendoor staff, Mallory and Dan were pros and I felt they had my best interests at heart. Very positive experience"
(Phoenix) - Posted 1 week ago
That's wonderful feedback to hear, Robert! We always strive to provide a great customer experience with Opendoor and your feedback is incredibly valuable to us. Thanks for taking the time to share!
In what city did you work with Opendoor (e.g. Phoenix, Nashville)? Charlotte
"Excellent service and people to deal with. very easy way to sell your house. If you want to make it less stressful to sell a house this is the way to go"
(Charlotte) - Posted 1 week ago
We're delighted to hear you've had a good experience with Opendoor Joseph. We appreciate you spreading the word about Opendoor! :)
In what city did you work with Opendoor (e.g. Phoenix, Nashville)? Murrieta, CA
Your Name: M. Green
"I wasn’t sure how smooth the process would go with Opendoor at first, but from the beginning to the end the experience was great! Everyone we spoke with or interacted with was professional and friendly. I will be recommending Opendoor to friends and family. They exceeded our expectations."
(Riverside) - Posted 2 weeks ago
So glad to hear this Michelle. Thanks for letting us know! We're so happy you were able to benefit from the ease and certainty the Opendoor experience provides!
In what city did you work with Opendoor (e.g. Phoenix, Nashville)? Atlanta
"Very transparent and fair process. The staff were highly available to answer questions. There is no better way to sell a house, especially if you’re on a timeline to relocate."
(Atlanta) - Posted 2 weeks ago
That's great to hear, Henry. It always makes us happy to hear the experience was a good one!
In what city did you work with Opendoor (e.g. Phoenix, Nashville)? Phoenix
Your Name: Russell Martin
"Very professional and strait forward with what I could expect from Opendoor"
(San_antonio) - Posted 2 weeks ago
Glad to hear you had a positive experience with us Russell. We appreciate your feedback!
"They handled they buying and selling of my homes made it easy"
"Opendoor told me they could not find my house that I entered the wrong address when I told them it is correct they came back with oh we can't get you an offer bc we don't have enough comps."
Opendoor is rated 4.43 based on 509 reviews