Opendoor Reviews

of reviewers recommend Opendoor
Read Opendoor Reviews

About Opendoor:

In 2014, we set out to reinvent life’s most important transaction with home sellers and buyers in mind. Since then, we’ve helped thousands of people sell their homes and move in one simple, seamless transaction.

Life’s biggest milestones come with a move. Whether you’re getting married, starting a family, or taking a new job, moving is a natural step towards your dream. But it isn’t easy. Each step is more stressful than the last, and sometimes it seems like everyone but you is in control of your destiny.

Opendoor is here to change that. From selling your current home to choosing your next one, we’ve revolutionized the process to put you at the center of your move. Because we believe only one person should be in charge of how your future unfolds, and that’s you.

community@opendoor.com

Tell us how Opendoor made you happy
Opendoor 5 star review on 15th September 2021
Diane
Opendoor 5 star review on 6th September 2021
Mary Diaz
Russell
My wife and I couldn't be happier with the way this sale went. It was sooooo easy! There was literally no stress for us. We didn't have to worry about showings, repairs or any of the traditional hassle of a home sale. We were skeptical until the end but when we got the proceeds the day we closed i knew we were going to give a glowing review! Thank you so much Opendoor! I'm telling everyone that will listen.
(Phoenix) - Posted 6 months ago
We love great customer stories like yours. Thanks for sharing Rob!
I need to start by saying I was wary about working with an ibuyer. I thought there must be an angle, strings attached, fine print or a trick to look out for. The reviews I read were good though, so I got my offer and did my video walk through with Jessica Smith. She put me at ease, but still I asked a lot of questions and sent a lot of emails to her. She answered them right away, which was great. The entire process from beginning to closing and our late check out was pretty easy. I was able to email all documentation needed, I was assigned a closing person for the financial part of it. I had Stephanie Bird with OSNational. She was as easy to work with as Jessica. I changed our closing date 2 times and took advantage of late check out. We ended up not needing the last 4 days we'd reserved and Jessica made that change for us too, so we didn't have to pay for days we didn't need. Overall, the flexibility was one of the most valuable assets of the experience with Opendoor and we feel that we were paid a fair amount for our property as well. We are 5 star happy with our experience with Opendoor. Thank you Jessica!
Posted 1 hour ago
Opendoor made it so much easier than worrying about selling my home on the market. I recently got a divorce and this was the best decision to sell my house. They gave me a more than fair price and give u as much time as u need. It’s all up to u.
Posted 1 hour ago
We used Opendoor to sell our home and it was an amazing experience. They were flexible and offered a fair price. When we found a new home to move into, they worked quickly to move our closing date to work with the timeline for our purchase. The best part was that we didn't have to deal with packing stuff and up and scheduling last minute showings with 4 young kids and a dog. I couldn't recommend Opendoor enough! We have been telling everyone about them. The one downside I can think of, and no fault of Opendoor, would be the escrow company they chose... the escrow company itself was pretty awful.
(San_diego_ca) - Posted 4 hours ago
Everyone we worked with was very nice and accommodating.
(Raleigh) - Posted 19 hours ago
Thank you for supporting what we do, Bill, and we're happy to hear that you've had a great experience with us. We would be honored if you would like to share your story in more detail by sending an email to support@opendoor.com. Have a wonderful day!
This was the easiest transaction I ever had to deal with. No mortgage contingencies, no hassles, they did exactly what they said they will. Easy and fast closing, their representatives were great as well.
(Las_vegas) - Posted 21 hours ago
Igor, this is so great to hear! We strive to offer the best services to our customers and your kind words mean so much to us. We would be honored if you would like to share your story with us by sending an email to support@opendoor.com. Thanks for taking the time to write this review and have a wonderful day!
Opendoor is perfect sites for hassle free sailing home with fair price and very good customer service thank you opendoor
Thanks for spreading the word about Opendoor and we are happy to hear that you've had a great experience with us! We would be honored if you would like to share more of your story with us at support@opendoor.com. Have a wonderful day!
It was stress free, easy, and simple steps to sell the house. I had two little boys so cleaning up the stuff and setting up the schedule for potential buys was somehow stressful but selling my house to opendoor was very simple as it was and all the processing under the escrow was really easy to follow. Busy moms like me are recommended to try get an estimate from this company.
(Los_angeles) - Posted 1 day ago
Ellen, thank you so much for your kind words! We strive to provide a great customer experience with Opendoor and your feedback is incredibly fulfilling to us. If you would like to share more of your story or if you have any questions at all, please don’t hesitate to contact us at support@opendoor.com. It is our honor to help you!
Extremely easy and effortless. Very pleasant. Didn't realize how easy it could be before I started with Opendoor instead of the traditional process
(Nashville) - Posted 1 day ago
We are very happy to hear this, Johnson! We're so glad you were able to benefit from the ease and certainty the Opendoor experience provides and we are thankful for wanting to share this experience. Please send us an email with your story at support@opendoor.com. Thank you for choosing Opendoor for such an important transaction!
Working with Opendoor was a smooth process.
(Tucson) - Posted 2 days ago
Thank you for supporting what we do, Doug, and we're happy to hear that you've had a great experience with us. We would be honored if you would like to share your story in more detail by sending an email to support@opendoor.com. Have a wonderful day!
I found Opendoor to be very easy to work with, they gave Me a price I was looking for. Jake Fenton was great he helped Us with every step We had to make from the sale to the wait for a new home. I would recommend Opendoor for anyone looking to sell. Great Job and Thank You. Sandra Binstock
(Las_vegas) - Posted 2 days ago
Thanks for spreading the word about Opendoor, Sandra, and we are happy to hear that you've had a great experience with us! We would be honored if you would like to share more of your story with us at support@opendoor.com. Have a wonderful day!
This was an amazing experience. The whole process from beginning to closing was right at 2 months. We worked with Jennifer Bill and Jason. Very professional folks, they made the journey so seamless. We were funded in 24 hours.
(Austin) - Posted 2 days ago
We are very happy to hear this, Tamara! We're so glad you were able to benefit from the ease and certainty the Opendoor experience provides and we are thankful for wanting to share this experience. Please send us an email with your story at support@opendoor.com. Thank you for choosing Opendoor for such an important transaction!
After a video walk-through, their offer increased only $5,000 despite my showing well over $30,000 in recent improvements. Also, they wanted to charge me about $2,000 for unneeded repairs.
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us! A negotiation doesn’t reach a common ground every time, but we are constantly improving our services and we would like to look into this further for you. Please reach out to contact@opendoor.com with your name, property address, and the details of your experience so we can investigate this situation.
Was a wonderful experience! I started out skeptical because the process sounded to easy. Open door shocked me and experience was exactly what they advertised.... Due to covid I had a virtual walk thru with consultant who explained the next steps after walk thru and when I would receive cash offer. Signed contract of offer, set closing date and worked towards completing detailed checklist of what needs to be completed before closing. Went to closing and was wired funds before I made it back home. :-) How awesome was that? I even changed my closing date twice and still didn't run into any hiccups. The communication provided guided me throughout the entire process. I would highly recommend this service as it was seamless and transparent the entire time. All groups of people encountered were always friendly, knowledgeable and willing to assist. Thank you Open door for a wonderful experience during a very stressful time due to covid.
(Atlanta) - Posted 3 days ago
That’s amazing to hear, Willa! Thank you for your kind words and for trusting Opendoor with such an important transaction. We are always excited to read such positive reviews and we would be honored if you would like to share your story with us by sending an email to support@opendoor.com.
Opendoor was great and easy, the price was perfect.
(Orlando) - Posted 3 days ago
Yolanda, this is so great to hear! We strive to offer the best services to our customers and your kind words mean so much to us. We would be honored if you would like to share your story with us by sending an email to support@opendoor.com. Thanks for taking the time to write this review and have a wonderful day!
OpenDoor was very fair with their offer. Our experience partner, Melinda, was great to work with. This was a very smooth and stress-free home sale. We would definitely recommend OpenDoor to anyone.
(Nashville) - Posted 4 days ago
We are very happy to hear this, Jeanna! We're so glad you were able to benefit from the ease and certainty the Opendoor experience provides and we are thankful for wanting to share this experience. Please send us an email with your story at support@opendoor.com. Thank you for choosing Opendoor for such an important transaction!
At first I thought Opendoor was too good to be true. Both the initial and updated after the video offer were better than expected and more than the homes were selling in our area. After we accepted our offer the transaction was so smooth I kept waiting for something bad to happen or for someone to say "just kidding!" but it never did. The Title Company was the best I have ever worked with and the communication with both them and Open Door was always quick and very clear. I was able to pick my close date and able to stay in my home free for 7 days which allowed me to prepare to move to a new state and close on my new home with less stress. I highly recommend them and have been telling everyone about them. I didn't have to worry about showings or worrying about moving my pets for the showings. It was so easy. Great experience!
(Denver) - Posted 4 days ago
We love hearing stories like yours, Christina! Thank you for supporting what we do and for spreading the word about Opendoor. We wish you all the best in this next chapter!
Quick, easy, very professional experience. Definitely much easier to have just one showing, done via zoom virtual meeting, as opposed to multiple realtor showings. Price was very reasonable. Closing was efficient - you go to their office, or they can send notary to you. All in all - great experience.
(Houston) - Posted 4 days ago
We are very happy to hear this, Ailene! We're so glad you were able to benefit from the ease and certainty the Opendoor experience provides and we are thankful for wanting to share this experience. Please send us an email with your story at support@opendoor.com. Thank you for choosing Opendoor for such an important transaction!
Granger and the people at opendoor were great to work with. They made me a fair offer and allowed me to pick my closing date. Everything went smoothly at closing and I got my money quick. I would use Opendoor again.
(Dallas) - Posted 4 days ago
Tim, thank you so much for your kind words! We strive to provide a great customer experience with Opendoor and your feedback is incredibly fulfilling to us. If you would like to share more of your story or if you have any questions at all, please don’t hesitate to contact us at support@opendoor.com. It is our honor to help you!
Open door is ok. First person was ok. Second a lair .last person dealt with was a good person The title company they use in woodlands and worth a dam stay away from fidelity natl. They don't know the truth and left don't know wat right is doing beware of that tilte company
We strive to provide a great customer experience with Opendoor and your feedback is incredibly valuable to us. It would really help us if you could send an email with the details of your experience, your property address, and your name to resolution@opendoor.com, so we can look into this. Thank you very much for your support and have a wonderful day!
We opted to use Opendoor to sell our home in Phoenix. Worst mistake ever. They sent a reviewer to inspect our home for repairs, and the guy never got out of his car. He claimed that we needed 3000 in repairs. When we asked for evidence of repairs, Brittany Kato couldn't produce any photos or evidence of the repairs they claimed. We complained and they said that they would return 1000 to us for repairs. Opendoor made an addendum to pay us and ignored the signed agreement to pay us . They have never paid that and violated the agreement. When they paid s at closing, they claimed that they could pay more than 200K in one day and delayed paying us our last 100K an entire day violating the escrow agreement. They charge the same fee as a realtor and offer no value. Go somewhere else. Use a competitor but don't ever use Opendoor. You will be ripped off multiple times. I have evidence of what I say.
Thank you for bringing this to our attention, we want to look into the issue further. Could you please send us an email with your name, more information about your experience, and the property address to contact@opendoor.com?
Opendoor is rated 4.36 based on 1,727 reviews