Opendoor Reviews

4.4
Based on 2,515 reviews
Read Opendoor Reviews

About Opendoor:

In 2014, we set out to reinvent life’s most important transaction with home sellers and buyers in mind. Since then, we’ve helped thousands of people sell their homes and move in one simple, seamless transaction.

Life’s biggest milestones come with a move. Whether you’re getting married, starting a family, or taking a new job, moving is a natural step towards your dream. But it isn’t easy. Each step is more stressful than the last, and sometimes it seems like everyone but you is in control of your destiny.

Opendoor is here to change that. From selling your current home to choosing your next one, we’ve revolutionized the process to put you at the center of your move. Because we believe only one person should be in charge of how your future unfolds, and that’s you.

community@opendoor.com

Tell us how Opendoor made you happy
My wife and I couldn't be happier with the way this sale went. It was sooooo easy! There was literally no stress for us. We didn't have to worry about showings, repairs or any of the traditional hassle of a home sale. We were skeptical until the end but when we got the proceeds the day we closed i knew we were going to give a glowing review! Thank you so much Opendoor! I'm telling everyone that will listen.
(Phoenix) - Posted 1 year ago
We love great customer stories like yours. Thanks for sharing Rob!
After becoming frustrated with the general public and needing to sell the house quickly due to family health reasons, I received a letter in the mail from Open door and decided to contact them. Wow, what a great company to deal with. Christopher my personal contact made selling the house so easy and helped me each step of the way. We even closed within a week after leaving the home and the best part was open door paid us $23,000 more than the general public wanted to and no appraisal or inspection to deal with. I highly recommend contacting open door if you want to sell your home. Totally honest and fair, thank you Chris for your help.
(Salt_lake_city) - Posted 8 hours ago
When trying to sell your home, opendoor will have you do the entire zoom phone call walkthrough process and state they will have an offer ready for you between 2-4 days, and then leave you completely in the dark with no offer or explanation on what exactly is going on. It’s been 7 days from our scheduled walkthrough which was Monday May 9. We are now at May 17th and we have yet to receive an offer. We have be told that there were “technical difficulties” in viewing our home walkthrough video and someone would get back to us. Nobody has spoken to us on what exactly these technical difficulties are they have continually told us someone would get in contact with us and they would be “expediting” our case. We are going on day 9 and have heard nothing from opendoor. WE have called or messaged the company EVERY DAY with zero contact from them back and with no information on why we have yet to receive an offer on our home. If you are like us and thought selling your home through a company such as this would make your move a little easier, I’d check other companies because opendoor is such a huge disappointment. We are former military and have had several across the country moves, and this by far has been not only a huge disappointment, but also a setback and waste of time as we have waited for absolutely no answer while homes we have been interested in have been sold because we are still “waiting” on an offer for our current home from opendoor.
Very easy to deal with - avoided the people crowding through my house with real estate agents, and they paid me immediately- all positive, and zero complaints
(Sacramento) - Posted 10 hours ago
Wow! What a great experience I had with opendoor that I want to share with everyone. I requested an offer, which was a great offer, and then did a zoom tour and that was it! I accepted their offer and decided to close in 30 days but they are so accommodating, I could have closed up to 90 days. Seriously, at times I forgot I was selling my house -NO showings with strange people walking through my house - No dealing with real estate agents -No inconveniences at all. I really couldn’t believe how easy it was - completely seamless! I would refer anyone who wants to sell their house to request an offer from Opendoor - you have nothing to lose and everything to gain! Thank you to Jennifer my experience partner!
Opendoor advertise their business as a hassle-free experience. That’s the experience I received! Everything is up front, no surprises. Great customer service and communication!
(Atlanta) - Posted 20 hours ago
Thank you so much for your kind words! We strive to provide a great customer experience with Opendoor and your feedback is incredibly fulfilling to us. If you would like to share more of your story or if you have any questions at all, please don’t hesitate to contact us at community@opendoor.com. It is our honor to help you!
The Opendoor experience was like hitting an easy button for me. The process was smooth and simple. The parties involved were good at communicating what was going on in the process along the way. I highly recommend you at least entertain an offer from Opendoor if you are considering selling your property.
(Orlando) - Posted 22 hours ago
We are very happy to hear this, Wes! We're so glad you were able to benefit from the ease and certainty the Opendoor experience provides and appreciate you sharing your story with us. If you would like to share any additional details of your experience, please reach out to community@opendoor.com. Thank you for choosing Opendoor for such an important transaction!
Great service, very fair price..no hassle, no showings..very convenient
Michael, this is so great to hear! We strive to offer the best services to our customers and your kind words mean so much to us. We would be honored if you would like to share your story with us by sending an email to community@opendoor.com. Thanks for taking the time to write this review and have a wonderful day!
We bought our home from Open Door and they were a terrible company to work with. There are a lot of safety issues with the house that were found with the inspection and they wouldn’t fix the problems or even come down to their asking price to give us some wiggle room to get the problems fixed! They considered the fixes as “upgrades”. Yeah, updating the electrical panel to bring it up to code is definitely an upgrade, oh and there are no GFCIs in the house, so that would be an upgrade, and fixing the ductwork that has a wire running THROUGH it…an upgrade. We tallied all of the NON-cosmetic fixes and it totaled about $23,000 (and that does not include any of the issues with the pool because we understand that that is a luxury and are ok working with taking that on). They first offered to come down $2,500 then to $5,000 after trying to negotiate and wouldn’t budge after that, we offered $10,000 above asking price and they wouldn’t even come down to asking price!! They don’t care about the customers, they are just a business out for themselves.
We value your feedback and would like to investigate this further. Would you please send us an email describing the issue with your name and property address to resolution@opendoor.com?
Opendoor made selling my home easy. They offered a fair market price, commission and repair deduction. Each time I reached out to other buying sources and Opendoor's first offer was better than other bids. This was my third transaction with Opendoor and each one has been fair, ontime and hassle free. I would use Opendoor again in a heartbeat.
(Atlanta) - Posted 1 day ago
We are very happy to hear this, David! We're so glad you were able to benefit from the ease and certainty the Opendoor experience provides and appreciate you sharing your story with us. If you would like to share any additional details of your experience, please reach out to community@opendoor.com. Thank you for choosing Opendoor for such an important transaction!
Excellent communication; answered questions promptly, updates were timely and clear. No pressure was applied at any time. The liason walked us through the process step by step. The same comments apply to the Title company. The notary was excellent. Would not hesitate to use them again.
(Tampa) - Posted 1 day ago
I believe this is the best experience we've had selling a house. The process was easy to follow, and the staff at Opendoor exceeded our expectations. They were professional and helped guide us through the process. The offer was competitive, and the experience of closing took a lot of stress out of the selling process. We are a large family; the planning and timing of selling, buying, and moving can get complicated. We chose to occupy for two weeks after closing and this helped give us the time we needed for our move. Overall we had a great experience and I recommend considering Opendoor when selling your house.
(Colorado_springs_co) - Posted 1 day ago
That’s amazing to hear, Eric! Thank you for your kind words and for trusting Opendoor with such an important transaction. We are always excited to read such positive reviews and we would be honored if you would like to share your story with us by sending an email to community@opendoor.com.
Our experience with Opendoor was excellent. The process was simple and transparent. Questions were answered promptly and completely by our contacts.
(Northern_colorado) - Posted 1 day ago
Mark, this is so great to hear! We strive to offer the best services to our customers and your kind words mean so much to us. We would be honored if you would like to share your story with us by sending an email to community@opendoor.com. Thanks for taking the time to write this review and have a wonderful day!
The best experience ever
(Las_vegas) - Posted 2 days ago
We are very happy to hear this, Andy! We're so glad you were able to benefit from the ease and certainty the Opendoor experience provides and appreciate you sharing your story with us. If you would like to share any additional details of your experience, please reach out to community@opendoor.com. Thank you for choosing Opendoor for such an important transaction!
Jacob Fenton was available to us any and every time we had a question or concern Opendoor made the sale of our home easy and seamless Would ( and have ) recommend Open Door to family and friends
Thank you for supporting what we do, Donald, and we're happy to hear that you've had a great experience with us. We would be honored if you would like to share your story in more detail by sending an email to community@opendoor.com. Have a wonderful day!
Working with Opendoor was extremely easy and very relaxing. Opendoor was very communicative and helped with everything I needed.
(Los_angeles) - Posted 3 days ago
Thanks for spreading the word about Opendoor, Ken, and we are happy to hear that you've had a great experience with us! We would be honored if you would like to share more of your story with us at community@opendoor.com. Have a wonderful day!
The process was easy and quick. Great help as well. Jonny Pryce is the best.
Hi Kelly, It’s so great to hear that you've had a good experience with us! If you wish to share more of your story or ask any questions, please don’t hesitate to contact us at community@opendoor.com. Thanks for taking the time to share this, and please have a wonderful day!
It’s hassle free, less talk but more opportunities from within the site to shop homes. It’s a breeze!! And I get a perk (1% off the sales price) how can you go wrong! Will definitely recommend!!😊
Marissa, this is so great to hear! We strive to offer the best services to our customers and your kind words mean so much to us. We would be honored if you would like to share your story with us by sending an email to community@opendoor.com. Thanks for taking the time to write this review and have a wonderful day!
Best experience ever! I would highly recommend Opendoor to anyone looking to sell your home. The people there are awesome and help you through ever step.
(Atlanta) - Posted 4 days ago
We are very happy to hear this, Michael! We're so glad you were able to benefit from the ease and certainty the Opendoor experience provides and appreciate you sharing your story with us. If you would like to share any additional details of your experience, please reach out to community@opendoor.com. Thank you for choosing Opendoor for such an important transaction!
I was nervous about selling my home and understanding all of the processes that accompany it. Opendoor made the process very simple. All of the action items were explained well, and any questions I had were answered timely. I highly recommend this service!
(Atlanta) - Posted 4 days ago
Tamaiko, this is so great to hear! We strive to offer the best services to our customers and your kind words mean so much to us. We would be honored if you would like to share your story with us by sending an email to community@opendoor.com. Thanks for taking the time to write this review and have a wonderful day!
A great experience. The process with streamlined and straightforward. I was referred by a friend and I have already referred a few friends.
(Phoenix) - Posted 4 days ago
We are very happy to hear this, Talitha! We're so glad you were able to benefit from the ease and certainty the Opendoor experience provides and appreciate you sharing your story with us. If you would like to share any additional details of your experience, please reach out to community@opendoor.com. Thank you for choosing Opendoor for such an important transaction!
Opendoor is rated 4.41 based on 2,515 reviews