Opendoor Reviews

of reviewers recommend Opendoor
Under an hour
Read Opendoor Reviews

About Opendoor:

In 2014, we set out to reinvent life’s most important transaction with home sellers and buyers in mind. Since then, we’ve helped thousands of people sell their homes and move in one simple, seamless transaction.

Life’s biggest milestones come with a move. Whether you’re getting married, starting a family, or taking a new job, moving is a natural step towards your dream. But it isn’t easy. Each step is more stressful than the last, and sometimes it seems like everyone but you is in control of your destiny.

Opendoor is here to change that. From selling your current home to choosing your next one, we’ve revolutionized the process to put you at the center of your move. Because we believe only one person should be in charge of how your future unfolds, and that’s you.

Tell us how Opendoor made you happy
Selling my home to Opendoor was the best experience, EVER. I have purchased 13 homes and sold 12 so I have many experiences that I compare it with. I was VERY reluctant in the beginning. Open doors procedures that look simple seems like a ploy and gimmick. Let me tell you, it is exactly what you are told. The price offered for my home was very competitive. I doubt that I would have been able to turn a higher price if I had listed. I was charged a 6% commission, but I would have been charged that also if I listed. I accepted my offer, my inspection was 2 days later and painless. I was updated regularly regarding my closing and anytime I had questions, they were answered quickly and professionally. Bronson Highum assisted me with the sale of my home and there aren’t enough positive things that I can say. From start to finish...I closed Thursday, March 12th...this was super easy, stress less and I will definitely call them first if I ever decide to sell my new home that I just purchased.
That's wonderful feedback to hear, Kelly! We always strive to provide a great customer experience with Opendoor and your feedback is incredibly valuable to us. Thanks for taking the time to share!
I believe this company is for sellers Definitely NOT for buyers . They make everything so difficult. They don’t accept FHA loans (treat people like trash who have them ) they want conventional loans only . Calling them , it’s a call center so you never get the same person . Was told a house had no offers then once we made one it was all of a sudden “under contract”. On a 2nd home it was stated they are accepting FHA loans and once we sent our offer they retracted the acceptance of FHA loans . Buying a home is frustrating and emotionally exhausting and to deal with this company has made it completely undesirable. If you’re buying I strongly suggest you avoid looking at homes that are Open door.
In what city did you work with Opendoor (e.g. Phoenix, Nashville)? Phoenix
Your Name: Thomas proudler
Very nice experience
(Phoenix) - Posted 16 hours ago
Thanks for sharing, Thomas!
In what city did you work with Opendoor (e.g. Phoenix, Nashville)? Hiram
Your Name: Sara
Opendoor really did make the process easy. With two kids under two and two dogs as well as working from home the last thing I wanted was showings. Even during an uncertain time they really pulled through for us. Thank you Opendoor!
(Atlanta) - Posted 1 day ago
We're delighted to hear you've had a good experience with Opendoor Sara. We appreciate you spreading the word about Opendoor!
In what city did you work with Opendoor (e.g. Phoenix, Nashville)? Phoenix, AZ
Your Name: N Jones
Opendoor made the process simple for me. Kept me informed, straightforward communication and returned phone calls when I had questions. So simple to work directly with their people to determine what needed to be done, and what didn't. I would definitely recommend them if you are getting ready to sell your home. I was very pleased with the overall process of selling my home to Opendoor and the price that I received for my home. (and no showings!) N Jones
(Phoenix) - Posted 4 days ago
We love hearing stories like these! Thanks for taking the time to share, Nancy.
Amazing from four to closing
Thanks for sharing, Aaleeah!
Opendoor team is super responsive. They paired me with a great realtor. Made the process more simplified that what I was expecting. I would recommend buying a house through them.
That’s fantastic to hear David, thanks for sharing your experience with us. 💙
In what city did you work with Opendoor (e.g. Phoenix, Nashville)? Friendswood
Your Name: Kristin
Amazing customer service, hassle free, everything went very smoothly
(Houston) - Posted 1 week ago
Thrilled to hear that Kristin. Thanks for the positive review! We wish you all the best in this next chapter!
Liars, cheaters, dishonest. Signed contract with no disputes. Escrow and title paperwork completed. Then they send out blanket general email they are canceling offers. This was not an offer!!!It was signed accepted contract. Spend one week calling and emailing with zero response. Then after speaking they send cancel letter and decide they can cancel and escrow goes back to buyer. WTF? Why have contracts if you can cancel with no agreements. Here is the thing- Lennar and Opendoor are owned by same corporation. The escrow I put with Lennar will not allow me to cancel without lost of my deposit escrow. Opendoor is using world epidemic to hide behind. Said they do not want to put their agents at risk which I would understand. The hypocrisy comes into play is that they are still selling houses using same agents. Total liars!!! Notified BBB and Florida Attorney General for breaking contract and not forfeiting escrow.
We completely understand your frustration at this time. Please send us an email at community@opendoor.com with your property address so our team can ensure your situation is getting the appropriate attention. Thank you.
Yvette Johnson is a highly professional, highly competent, listing agent. She was kind and patient with my client's lender issues and worked with us until resolution. Has been a true pleasure working with her and I highly recommend her as a top agent with Open Door! Ruth Wood, HomeRiver Group Tampa, Realtor
Ruth, Thanks for the positive feedback and we appreciate you spreading the word about Opendoor!
How did you work with Opendoor? I sold my home to Opendoor
I could not believe how easy it was to sell through Opendoor. We had an issue with a lien showing on our records. They were patient and kind throughout the whole process. The offer was generous, especially since my husband had not been able to make updates and our house was not immaculate. We were happy with the results.
(Charlotte) - Posted 2 weeks ago
So glad to hear this Barbara. Thanks for letting us know! We're so glad you were able to benefit from the ease and certainty the Opendoor experience provides!
Open door employees are rude and treated me horribly. Wouldn’t extend my closings 5 days. I asked for the extension on the day they accepted my full price offer. They tried to cash the check three times now. Cheaters and scammers. DO NOT WORK WITH THEM.
We value your feedback and take it seriously. We want to look into this! Please email community@opendoor.com with more information about your experience and the property address.
do not ever try to do business with this company. they operate their business with a tactic called "bait and switch." they initially make a fake offer that they're not willing to stand behind. then, when it's time for them to live up to the obligations they've made, they randomly cancel their offer. they will then call the customer back telling them they will get them in touch with another company that will pay as much as $100k less than their initial fake offer. this is a dishonest business practice that car dealerships got in trouble for operating a number of years ago. opendoor has adopted this unethical business practice as one of their core company principles. do not try to sell your house or buy one through this completely dishonest company.
Trevor Hendricks #1 in my book from sales he goes above and beyond thanks
Thrilled to hear that Russell. Thanks for the positive review! We wish you all the best in this next chapter!
Cancelled the day before home assessment due to covid 19 via a generic email leaving is no other resources after hubby took a job transfer and is already working 3 hours away. Thanks for nothing.
We completely understand your frustration and concern at this time. Due to this unprecedented health emergency, we are no longer able to conduct assessments for the safety and health of both our employees and our customers. But we do have alternative listing options that we are happy to discuss with you to support you and your family at this time. Please email community@opendoor.com if you are interested.
In what city did you work with Opendoor (e.g. Phoenix, Nashville)? Jacksonville
Your Name: JoeBrown
Everything went very smooth, closed on Closing date selected, like they said no problems at all, funds wired as expected 5 star co.
(Jacksonville) - Posted 2 weeks ago
That's amazing to hear! We strive to provide a great customer experience with Opendoor and your feedback is incredibly valuable to us. Thanks for taking the time to share this, Jovon.
I initially hoped to use Opendoor because a couple friends had begun the process of selling their home to Opendoor and it seemed to be pretty smooth. I received a letter in the mail from Opendoor outlining an offer range (not a formal offer at this time, but a good indicator of what I might expect) so I decided to call as well. I spent thirty minutes on the phone and was reassured that someone was working on my offer at this time. I received a communication the next day saying an offer couldn't be made at this time. All this would only amount to some slight irritation - with everything going on with Coronavirus and the uncertainty regarding where the housing market is going I can completely understand hesitancy when buying homes. However, the situation was a lot more serious for the other friends who were using Opendoor. Opendoor pulled out on them in the middle of last week and left them in a situation where they are closing on a new home but will now no longer have any money on the sale of their old home. They must begin the process of selling through a realtor all over and with current uncertainty it is highly unlikely they will sell in time to meet their closing date on their new home. Do business with Opendoor only if you like rolling the dice; they clearly have no problem bailing at the final hour.
We completely understand your frustration at this time and we're mindful of the effect it is having on the communities we serve, our employees and our mission as a business. We are taking these actions to prioritize the safety of our customers, employees, and partners. Please have your friend send us an email at community@opendoor.com with their property address so our team can ensure your situation is getting the appropriate attention. Thank you.
CONSUMERS BEWARE! THIS IS THE MOST DISHONEST UNETHICAL COMPANY AROUND! DO NOT CONTACT THIS ORGANIZATION FOR ANY REASON! THEY WILL ABOUT THEIR INTENT AND ABILITY TO PURCHASE YOUR HOUSE! I HAD A SIGNED AGREEMENT TO THEM TO PURCHASE OUR HOUSE, THEN THEY SEND A GENERIC FORM EMAIL SAYING THEY'VE DECIDED TO ABANDONED THEIR SIGNED AGREEMENT! THEY MADE THIS DECISION AFTER ASSESSING MY HOUSE AND THEN DECIDING TO MOVE FORWARD WITH THEIR OFFER! DISHONESTY DEFINES THEIR BUSINESS PRACTICES AND THEIR UNETHICAL DECISIONS WILL END THEIR SHORT TIME AS A CROOKED COMPANY! ANYBODY THAT HAS A PENDING AGREEMENT WITH OPENDOOR SHOULD CANCEL IT IMMEDIATELY! I FEEL BAD FOR THE EMPLOYEES OF THIS COMPANY WHO ARE SURE TO BE UNEMPLOYED SHORTLY BECAUSE OF THE WAY MANAGEMENT HAS DECIDED TO FLEECE THEIR CUSTOMERS!
DO NOT work with Opendoor. We are days away from closing with Opendoor and on our new build. Received a generic email at midnight they are canceling our contract citing it is the right thing to do due to Covid-19. We have been under contract since January and are devastated. No idea what to do.
They made me a single mother of five children believe they were going to buy my home. I had to move a whole house three bedroom two bathroom two car garage and a storage shed to storage so we can close on this contract. They canceled the day of closing.
We understand your frustration with our decision to not move forward with the purchase of your home during this unprecedented time. We want to further communicate that this decision was not an easy one or one made to negatively impact our customers intentionally.

Again we hope you understand that we're prioritizing the need to keep our employees, customers, and partners safe during this time. Once we have a better understanding about market conditions, we will reach out to you in the hopes that we can earn back your trust.
I chose Opendoor over other ibuyers because I believed it was a more reliable and reputable company. Opendoor canceled our agreed contract last minute before the inspection due to market concerns with no options to move forward after we had signed a new lease with an apartment and after our other offers from ibuyers had expired. We received no information when it was canceled, which further delayed our ability to take other actions. We were devastated and we would advise everyone to stay away from Opendoor based on our experience.
Brendan, We completely understand your frustration and concern at this time. Due to this unprecedented health emergency, we are no longer conducting assessments for the safety and health of both our employees and our customers. But we do have alternative listing options that we are happy to discuss with you to support you and your family at this time. Please email community@opendoor.com if you are interested.
Opendoor is rated 4.07 based on 681 reviews