Opendoor Reviews

95% of reviewers recommend Opendoor

About Opendoor: In 2014, we set out to reinvent life’s most important transaction with home sellers and buyers in mind. Since then, we’ve helped thousands of people sell their homes and move in one simple, seamless transaction.

Life’s biggest milestones come with a move. Whether you’re getting married, starting a family, or taking a new job, moving is a natural step towards your dream. But it isn’t easy. Each step is more stressful than the last, and sometimes it seems like everyone but you is in control of your destiny.

Opendoor is here to change that. From selling your current home to choosing your next one, we’ve revolutionized the process to put you at the center of your move. Because we believe only one person should be in charge of how your future unfolds, and that’s you.

Tell us how Opendoor made you happy

Under an hour
Featured Review
This review is set as featured by the company.
In what city did you work with Opendoor (e.g. Phoenix, Nashville)? Atlanta, GA
Your Name: Dianne Stafford
"They made offer Nov 7th and we closed on Dec 6th. Up front, great offer, minimal repairs were expected, they accommodated me on closing on this home and funding the next day for my new home. They know the Market here in Atlanta. It was upfront and the inspectors were on time and very professional. The electronic sign in process, and updates were very fast. I was pleasantly surprised by the whole process. I researched the market for 6 months before deciding to do this. What did I have to lose, it was perfect. I saw my new home on Oct 29th, and sold my present home in 30 days, made the offer on my new home and literally within about 35 days I was moving! All Opendoor representatives were knowledgeable and professional."
(ATL) - Posted 2 weeks ago
"Opendoor gave us and offer and we accepted. Proceeded and it was an absolute horror. They will get the price down as low as possible trough a repair assesement..ours was over 13K. They had to redo our hardwoods that were already refinished, fix the deck and also the dirveway. The repair list even went down to the light bulbs..yes they deducted for light bulbs. This is now what is making me mad...our house is now on Zillow and being sold AS IS. They did not redo the floors..nor the deck or the driveway. The did not even paint!!!!!!! They act as if they enclosed the porch which was done over 20 years ago. So where did 13K go??? I so wish we would have just done a traditional sell.. sometimes the old ways are always the best!!"
"Waste of time, comically low ball offer. The offer was 15%, yes 15% below asking price, then they added another $15k in fees, with a net offer over 20% less than the asking price. I figured the offer would be low obviously, but it was kind of a slap in the face. Im dumbfounded so many people out here are ok with loosing such a large amount of money when they go to sell their house. I guess when you're hard up and in a bad situation its a good option for them to swoop in and take advantage of you."
"My entire experience with them was very curtious and helpful. My entire family would recommend Mr Wright's company to anyone! Thank You. Bass family"
"After reading the awesome reviews about open door, we decided to sell our home to them. It was a horrible experience. The home inspection was not done until weeks after we signed the initial papers, the repair list was not sent to us until after the tentative closing date, we weren't even offered a chance to address the repair list. Open door cancelled 4 days from the close date. We had already hired the truck, driver, moving help, given and donated our furniture, we were moving to a furnished home, and we lost the ernest money, and other expenses we paid, on the home we were to move to. If I could give Zero stars, I would."
"When I first heard about Opendoor, I was super skeptical - could we really sell for a fair price without the hassle of showing? The answer was, and is, YES! Opendoor gave us a very fair price for our home (Tampa area) and scheduled an inspection very quickly. They were not too picky (our house was fairly new so there were few necessary repairs) and ended up asking for very little off the initial offer for inspection repairs. Here is a necessary notation - Opendoor has to anticipate future buyer's hesitations when negotiating the inspection repair cost. A lot of reviews complain that Opendoor performs the inspection and requests money off of the offer price to repair certain things, yet those repairs are never performed. This is the company being smart and assuming that future buyers will request money off their sale price during THEIR (the future buyers while Opendoor sells) inspection. While the representatives were present performing our inspection on our house in Tampa, they mentioned that there were homes for sale via Opendoor in the Charlotte area (where we were moving). We did some research and ended up falling in love with a home being sold by them as well. They had repainted the entire home and also installed brand new, upgraded carpet throughout the upstairs and basement. We were able to coordinate our move-out/move-in dates and everything could not have gone smoother! This is the future of real estate."
In what city did you work with Opendoor (e.g. Phoenix, Nashville)? Highlands Ranch, Colorado
"At first, we were hesitant to work with Opendoor since they are "too new" to Colorado, but we gave it a try anyway. We can't thanks enough for the professional and stress-free services from the Opendoor. The entire selling process went smoothly. The staffs at Opendoor and at the Jet closing are very friendly, professional, and attentive to our emails/phone calls in the timely manner. We share our experiences with our family members and colleagues. We highly recommend Opendoor to everyone who want to sell their house."
In what city did you work with Opendoor (e.g. Phoenix, Nashville)? Wesley Chapel
Your Name: Darrell C Thompson
"Overall the selling experience was very nice. What they told us was accurate. One day very polite inspectors checked the house. The closing date was adjustable. After final walkthrough I give them the keys. Then you meet at your choice of a place to sign the closing documents. You must supply a person who does not have your same last name to witness your signature. The next day they wire a check to your bank."
"This company is the worst at responding. They want us to pay 23,000.00 more than appraised value on home that they over paid for. My realtor asked for cost of inspection fee and they wont budge on it. We waited 3 days for response, when we could have been looking for a house. It took them that long to get back to us. Not sure how this company is staying in business. Not customer service friendly."
Hi Kristie,

We are so sorry for what sounds like a very frustrating experience. Please know that all of your feedback was taken very seriously and was escalated internally.
In what city did you work with Opendoor (e.g. Phoenix, Nashville)? San Antonio
"I was apprehensive. My wife more so. We were looking to sell and simply did not want to invest time and effort to go through a traditional sales process. The house needed some work and we were interested in seeing a comparison of doing it ourselves vs selling to Opendoor. As the process went on, choosing Opendoor became an easy decision. The process was smooth, simple and very clear. In the same selling situation we would do it again without any hesitation."
In what city did you work with Opendoor (e.g. Phoenix, Nashville)? Sacramento
"From the initial moment of the process when I was sitting on my couch after watching an Opendoor commercial and requesting a free estimate on the sale of my house to Opendoor until I finally closed escrow and received the net proceeds, I kept telling myself that things were going to well to be true, but indeed...it was one of the best decisions I've ever made and although I don't plan to sell my current home in the foreseeable future, I will certainly use Opendoor again if/when I do."
"Great process! Selling was easy and realitively painless. Will likely use the services again if I decide to sell."
In what city did you work with Opendoor (e.g. Phoenix, Nashville)? Raleigh NC
Your Name: Ester
"This process was excellent! The people were professional and easy to work with. They accommodated my every request throughout the entire process. They are true to their every word."
In what city did you work with Opendoor (e.g. Phoenix, Nashville)? Charlotte
"Our Opendoor experience could not have been smoother! It was so nice not having to show our house and the closing process went off without a hitch. I have already been recommending Opendoor and will continue to do so."
In what city did you work with Opendoor (e.g. Phoenix, Nashville)? Nashville
Your Name: Stephanie Solima
"I loved my experience with Opendoor. I am a single mom of a teenage boy who had to have a sports related surgery during the selling process. We also had delays in the move to our new place. Lori at Opendoor and Andrew at the title company consistently assisted me through the process. The repair assessment was one third of what I had received estimates on if I had done it myself. I have recommended Opendoor to at least 5 people in the few weeks since our closing. I can't say enough good things about them."
(NAS) - Posted 2 weeks ago
In what city did you work with Opendoor (e.g. Phoenix, Nashville)? Las Vegas
Your Name: David & Angelique Dickens
"Wow!! So thrilled, happy and relieved that we decided to go with Open Door! Our experience with Open Door was exceptionally smooth, easy and seamless from start to finish, from the initial estimate of our home to Closing. Open Door made the selling of our home so quick, easy —as well as stress free and anxiety free - we are just so happy with the ease, flexibility, and communication and fair experience that we had with Matthew Donnelly and Mariah Coen at Open Door, as well as Melinda Reveron, our initial contact at Open Door. We didn’t have to worry at all and this allowed us to focus instead on buying our dream home. Open Door just got it done! Special thanks to Matthew Donnelly who always responded to our questions and concerns with prompt professionalism, expertise, and competence - Matthew allowed us to relax and enjoy the experience. Highly recommend Open Door!"
(LAS) - Posted 2 weeks ago
In what city did you work with Opendoor (e.g. Phoenix, Nashville)? Charlotte, NC
Your Name: Lucy
"I live in California which was making it difficult to get a fair price on the rental in NC. I received a flyer about Open Door. They gave me a fair offer in 1 day. I was very skeptical and even asked Lisa if this was a scam. Open Door never asked for any money up front. All fees were in writing along with total net to me when all was done. I can not say enough on how phonemically wonderful Lisa McGill is. If she did not answer the phone she called me back promptly. Even when we hit several glitches none due to Open Door Lisa was there helping all the way. The sale had to be done before the new year, it was done before Christmas. If you ever want to quickly, with no hassles sell a home get an offer from Open Door. If you like the price ask for Lisa McGill she is the best!!"
(CLT) - Posted 3 weeks ago
"there offer very low compared to the market value. just a waste of time."
In what city did you work with Opendoor (e.g. Phoenix, Nashville)? Phoenix
Your Name: Joshua
"Great concept for a company. Cuts out all the BS with selling your house. Gave us an okay price but it was worth not having to deal with a bunch of salesman. Which I can’t stand. It was so easy I was able to deal with my daughter having open heart surgery and moving during the process. Also, they do what they say they are going to do which was huge for me."
(PHX) - Posted 3 weeks ago
In what city did you work with Opendoor (e.g. Phoenix, Nashville)? Largo
Your Name: Kristen H
"Everything you hear on the radio ad is 100% true! My house sat vacant for 11 months while I worried and tried to figure out how I was going to get my house ready to sell. I went online, answered questions, uploaded photos, and had an offer in a few hours. I signed the contract, left a key and 3 weeks later had funds deposited in my account. They basically took care of everything. Everyone I dealt with was fabulous. Open door is amazing! Kudos,to Opendoor for making selling a home a stress free!"
In what city did you work with Opendoor (e.g. Phoenix, Nashville)? Raleigh
Your Name: Courtney
"We had a wonderful experience with Open Door. Our contact, Grace, was always kind and very knowledgeable about the Open Door process. She got back to us in a timely manner and went above and beyond to help us as we had to make changes. Our out of state move was uncertain and took a while. Grace went above and beyond to help make our house selling process a breeze! Open Door is perfect for someone who is busy and has a constantly changing schedule/plan. The technology Open Door offers make this process even easier! This was the best way for us to sell our home and we do not have any regrets!"
(RDU) - Posted 1 month ago