Opendoor Reviews

88% of reviewers recommend Opendoor

About Opendoor: In 2014, we set out to reinvent life’s most important transaction with home sellers and buyers in mind. Since then, we’ve helped thousands of people sell their homes and move in one simple, seamless transaction.

Life’s biggest milestones come with a move. Whether you’re getting married, starting a family, or taking a new job, moving is a natural step towards your dream. But it isn’t easy. Each step is more stressful than the last, and sometimes it seems like everyone but you is in control of your destiny.

Opendoor is here to change that. From selling your current home to choosing your next one, we’ve revolutionized the process to put you at the center of your move. Because we believe only one person should be in charge of how your future unfolds, and that’s you.

community@opendoor.com

Tell us how Opendoor made you happy

Under an hour
Featured Review
This review is set as featured by the company.
"My wife and I just purchased our second home in Atlanta after relocation from Wisconsin. It was our first time using Open Door. We actually found our home while going on a run in a new area. We fell in love with the area and saw a home with an "Open for showing" sign in the front yard. We downloaded the app, went in, and then we made a fun adventure out of it and started running to all the other Open Door homes in the area. Luckily, we fell in love with the last home we saw and put in an offer. Fast forward a few months and we could not be happier. Open Door was an excellent company to do business with, and they went above and beyond to fix the repairs we outlined during our inspection. They got everything done in time and were able to hit our closing date. Based on our previous buying experience, I'd say Open Door actually did more for us to get the home ready for move-in than traditional sellers have in the past. When we pulled up in the driveway after closing we found someone at our home hired by Open Door cleaning it for us in anticipation of our move-in. Nice touch."
Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience! We're so glad we could help you and your wife find your new home. Wishing you all the best in this next chapter!
In what city did you work with Opendoor (e.g. Phoenix, Nashville)? Austin
"Selling our home through Opendoor is the 21st century way of doing it. It was completely hassle-free, stress free. The team at Opendoor was available and easy to communicate to. They had every option for making the home sale as smooth as possible. I would highly recommend Opendoor to anyone who wants to sell their home without the stress of repairs/cleaning/showing and uncertainty."
(Austin) - Posted 1 day ago
In what city did you work with Opendoor (e.g. Phoenix, Nashville)? Durham, NC
"Everything about this closing and sale was "open book". I had read so many reviews of how it would seem fair until you started getting "nickel and dimed" about everything, including suggested repairs. However, none of that occurred with us. The suggested repairs were mostly handled by us and we got credit for them and an adjusted return from the closing proceeds. Lisa was very communicative with us and the correspondence between them, us, and the office of the closing attorney was seamless and timely. I would DEFINITELY recommend Opendoor to other individuals (in fact, I have already done so to two of my co-workers that are considering selling their homes in the near to not-too-distant future, already)!."
(Raleigh) - Posted 1 day ago
"Extremely low offer that was well below market, and then they wanted to take an additional $19,000 off that for a "processing concession." Net of it all was a final offer than was nearly $10,000 below what we paid for the house three years ago in an area with property values that are growing well above the national average. I get that they need to make their money somehow but it's like these guys took a lesson from Pawn Stars on how to make insultingly low offers. Would not consider using them again."
"The price we got was right in with what others in the neighborhood were selling for. The amount taken for repairs was reasonable. We had to do almost nothing. They took care of everything. We got to the closing attorney's office - ten minutes from home - right on time at 3pm. The attorney was waiting, and we went right in. Twelve minutes later we left. It was completely painless."
"Offer was well below market value. Opendoor takes 10% of price right off the bat. I suspect that these positive reviews are not real."
In what city did you work with Opendoor (e.g. Phoenix, Nashville)? Oregon
Your Name: Kathy
"We started the process in Late January 2019. Opendoor team worked with us to close the Home in the time frame we needed. We found a new home in March and we closed our home in April. Everything went very smooth. I referred our neighbors of the Opendoor and they too have started the process."
(Portland) - Posted 4 days ago
In what city did you work with Opendoor (e.g. Phoenix, Nashville)? Conyers, GA
Your Name: Christina Howell
"Very easy, painless and smooth!! Everyone was very nice, friendly and courteous. I am glad I went with Opendoor rather putting my house on the market and waiting for someone to come along to buy it. I would definitely recommend Opendoor to anyone looking to sell their home and not wanting to deal with a real estate brokerage to help sell. They were very reasonable on everything they priced."
(Atlanta) - Posted 5 days ago
In what city did you work with Opendoor (e.g. Phoenix, Nashville)? Houston
Your Name: Tracy H
"This was the first time for my husband and I to sell a home. We had tried using a realtor, but it did not work for us. Using Opendoor was such a relief! The process was quick and we felt that it was in our hands to choose a closing date to fit our schedule. I would HIGHLY recommend using Opendoor. Hopefully Opendoor can expand in Houston for other sellers."
(Houston) - Posted 1 week ago
Thank you so much for sharing your experience! We wish you all the best in your next chapter!
"Buyers Beware! Open door guts the properties of fridge and all window coverings, which isn’t a problem until you bring In your new fridge and find out that the water to the ice dispenser doesn’t work...and you couldn’t test it because you didn’t have a spare fridge along for your inspection. I closed late on a Friday and called them on Monday and they said “too bad” you should have pointed it out during your inspection. I also had the false cabinet front under the kitchen sink fall off- it looked crooked and when I touched it, it came off in my hand along with a bunch of wood glue. It had been repaired with some ill fitting plastic brackets and wood glue. Open door puts lipstick all over the pug, and unless your inspector goes over that house with colonoscopy scope, you are going to be paying for plumbers and carpenters!! They refused to fix several issues that we did point out in the inspection and because I was in a hurry, I didn’t make them...now I wish I’d never heard of them!"
"This business is not military friendly for one. The 8 to 9 percent commission takes about $20,000 or more out of your sale up front. It's way to high for what they say "assume the risk." Then the offer is below market value. So you lose $20,000 with the enormous high 8 to 9% commission then you lose another $10,000 to $15,000 on the offer of for your house its a true rip off. Good business model for making a profit. I would stay away from this place unless you are just desperate. Military member stay away not military friendly at all. I would give this business a negative review but the person that came out to look at the house was super nice. Also I would say watch the person looking at your roof and AC system. If not you'll end up paying for something. Not a good choice spend the time to show your house keeping additional $10,000 to $15,000 is worth doing that. You've been warned!!!"
Hi there,

We truly appreciate your feedback. Our team actually has a lot of experience working with military families, we have found that the flexibility and certainty that the Opendoor process provides is a huge benefit.

We do understand and respect your feedback and welcome any additional insights you would like to share via email to community@opendoor.com.
"Excelente recurso la casa que compramos salió y la encontramos en esta pagina antes que la información que envía el realtor MLS. Los análisis de mercado son sencillos de entender y útiles para hacer la oferta, hace todo mejor que un realtor. No tiene nada malo la pagina. Altamente recomendado."
"First, the offer was really low and the fees about the same as the commission and closing if a traditional broker listed the house. They make money on the fees and the resale of your house. The deal may have made sense if they didn't charge fees and only charged the closing. The first red flag that made me nervous was the sales person called from a phone that was not listed to him or Open door but to another company called Maxim Health. He said that was the phone system they just bought and the name hadn't been fixed yet. Not buying that one. Just not processional. I cut the conversation short."
Hi there,

We do apologize for any confusion. Please know that this was escalated immediately and our team is addressing the confusing caller identification information.

We do appreciate your feedback in regards to our process and fees. Please feel free to share any additional insights with us at community@opendoor.com.
"Don’t sell your home to Opendoor. Their vendor damaged our home and they said they would reimburse us for damages and now they are sitting on the settlement agreement and won’t return calls and emails. This is a Shady company"
Hi Sherri,

Please know that our team has been prioritizing your situation and we do apologize for what sounds like a frustrating experience. Feel free to share any additional feedback by emailing community@opendoor.com.
In what city did you work with Opendoor (e.g. Phoenix, Nashville)? Zebulon
Your Name: Kevin Merritt
"This was the best experience I’ve ever had with selling my home. Lisa went over the top to make sure I was happy and addressed all concerns I had during the process. I will recommend Opendoor to all my family and friends."
"Please don’t do business with Opendoors. They are liers!!!!!prior to closing my inspector said that there were problems with our master bedroom floorboards. Opendoors said they would fix it before closing. They sent me documents stating that they did. After 2 months living in house we see that there were lots of problems with our floors. Contacted them , they said they would take care of it. After 7months of emailing back and forth. They finally said they were not going to fix the floors. Don’t do any business with them. As previous reviews from other people stating that they do bad job with the repairs. It is true!!!! Because I felt for it too when i saw brand new carpet put down. Didn’t know they tried to cover it because the floorboards were falling apart. So I’m in the process, where my attorney is going to be doing the talking now. Never will I be doing business with Opendoors ever again!!!!"
Hi Stephanie,

Please know that our team has been prioritizing your situation. We do apologize for what sounds like a frustrating experience. Our team will be contacting you directly. Feel free to share any additional insights with us via email at community@opendoor.com.
"Jessica Jordan, Realtor in Charlotte NC was fantastic. She made the process very easy for my husband and I. She's pregnant and fierce and didn't let that slow her down. Go Jessica, girl power."
"I received an attractive initial offer, and I understood I would need an in depth inspection on the property to receive the final offer. I attempted to schedule that inspection. I was sent an 18 page contract to sign before I could schedule the inspection. If I need a lawyer to decipher the contract before I can even schedule an inspection I’m not comfortable doing business with this company. I can’t make an informed decision without knowing the final offer amount and don’t want to be required to sign a legal and binding contract to get the facts I need. Zillow completed a thorough inspection today. I’m very disappointed by Opendoor because I was initially very impressed by their professionalism, service and website. If I can’t get the information I need, we won’t be doing business together."
Hi there,

Our offers are no obligation, and even following the home assessment you are free to walk away at any time. However, we truly appreciate your feedback regarding how the documentation made you feel so we will be sharing this internally. Feel free to share any additional insights with us via email, community@opendoor.com.
How did you work with Opendoor? I sold my home to Opendoor AND bought a new one with Opendoor
In what city did you work with Opendoor (e.g. Phoenix, Nashville)? Fort Worth
Your Name: Sarah McDonald
"I was given an offer I could not refuse. Opendoor reps and advisors guided me through sales process of my home. Never had to get my home sell ready and never had to prepare my home for showings. Once Opendoor purchased my home we signed a deal on our dream home within days. Opendoor has changed the home buying/selling game. Hassle free and friendly help. Thank you Opendoor!!"
How did you work with Opendoor? I bought my home with Opendoor
In what city did you work with Opendoor (e.g. Phoenix, Nashville)? Fort Worth
Your Name: Daniel Luna
"Opendoor thus far has been amazing! I am able to go view houses on my own schedule without having to work with a realtor and line up our schedules. The homes for the most part are beautiful and super easy to unlock straight from your phone! When I was ready to submit an offer they assigned me a great realtor and accepted my offer within 24 hours of submission. The process has been easy, convenient and relaxing. I would recommend Opendoor to anyone looking to buy a home."
How did you work with Opendoor? I bought my home with Opendoor
In what city did you work with Opendoor (e.g. Phoenix, Nashville)? Dallas
Your Name: Jeremy
"Could have been a little more flexible on price."
Opendoor is rated 4.49 based on 297 reviews