Opendoor Reviews

86% of reviewers recommend Opendoor

About Opendoor: In 2014, we set out to reinvent life’s most important transaction with home sellers and buyers in mind. Since then, we’ve helped thousands of people sell their homes and move in one simple, seamless transaction.

Life’s biggest milestones come with a move. Whether you’re getting married, starting a family, or taking a new job, moving is a natural step towards your dream. But it isn’t easy. Each step is more stressful than the last, and sometimes it seems like everyone but you is in control of your destiny.

Opendoor is here to change that. From selling your current home to choosing your next one, we’ve revolutionized the process to put you at the center of your move. Because we believe only one person should be in charge of how your future unfolds, and that’s you.

community@opendoor.com

Tell us how Opendoor made you happy

Under an hour
Featured Review
This review is set as featured by the company.
In what city did you work with Opendoor (e.g. Phoenix, Nashville)? California
Your Name: Greatful customer
"Opendoor is a great company with wonderful employees. My family and I just sold our home to Opendoor and the process was just as they advertised. From beginning to my closing, everyone was so helpful and courteous. The only regret I have is not selling to them sooner. It would have saved so much time, money, and a whole lot of stress. I am a real customer and Opendoor did not offer me anything to write this. I am doing so because my family and I are very Thankful to have found Opendoor. Big big thanks to our reps Eric and Caitlin for all their help and kindness. I will definitely recommend this to anyone looking to sell and hopefully I will do business with them in the near future. Thank you so much Opendoor!!!"
(Riverside) - Posted 1 month ago
"I am completely blown away how easy this is. Just sold my house in two weeks. Being military if I would not have found this my family might have had to stay behind while I moved to my new duty station. This was pain free! All the Reps were amazing! The whole experience was flat out amazing! Thank you Opendoor! I have already recommended this group top multiple people."
"I am not impressed with OpenDoor in TX at all as a buyer. They are not transparent, it's difficult to negotiate with them re: fixes or price, they do not bring down the price much even if home is old and needs renovation badly and are not reasonable regarding fixing homes. They own the home we are buying and they do not care about quality of the home very much. They do not even agree to pay for the first year home warrantee that most sellers would pay for. Their agents that we worked with kept changing so there's no continuity and you feel like you are working with a robot. Not impressed! They also won't let us show the home or list it on MLS till closing, not sure if this is standard process."
In what city did you work with Opendoor (e.g. Phoenix, Nashville)? Phoenix
Your Name: David and Susan
"We had an amazing experience with Open Door. Easy, fair, responsive. I cannot come up with enough short key word descriptions that sum up how easy and painless it was to work with Open Door. I walked away feeling we had a fair prices, easy process and absolutely none of the usual pain (showings, negotiations, etc.) that you usually have with selling a house. I would fully recommend this path for anyone considering selling their house."
(Phoenix) - Posted 1 week ago
In what city did you work with Opendoor (e.g. Phoenix, Nashville)? El Mirage, AZ (Phoenix Area)
Your Name: Jim mcnamee
"We have sold many houses four in Oregon, one in Hawaii, three in Sun City West, AZ and now three in El Mirage, AZ the last one was bought by Opendoor and this was the best one of all the price was great and every thing went like clock work, We plan to use them again soon."
(Phoenix) - Posted 1 week ago
"I was skeptic about using Opendoor because it's a new company and I didn't know anyone who had used Opendoor. I started reading some of the reviews and realized there were both positive and negative reviews. I found my dream home that was move in ready and needed to sell my home quickly. Luckily, the home I fell in love with was a Lennar Home and they have a trade-up program. This was the best decision I ever made. Everyone from both Opendoor and Lennar made this the easiest process. It's almost too good to be true. I loved the convenience of Opendoor because I didn't have to show my home, I picked my closing date, all applications were online, and my questions were answered within 24 hours. Cliff Tubbs was the sales agent I worked with for Opendoor and he was awesome. I have two recommendations you will need a separate e-mail account only for Opendoor because all of the paperwork is online and you will be doing lots of reading and signing. My second recommendation is if your going to buy a home make sure the builder is on their list."
How did you work with Opendoor? I sold my home to Opendoor AND bought a new one with Opendoor
In what city did you work with Opendoor (e.g. Phoenix, Nashville)? Phoenix
"Great experience. Extremely convenient, fair and accommodating. Such an easy process, stayed in close contact for every step, and were always available and for any questions."
In what city did you work with Opendoor (e.g. Phoenix, Nashville)? Tampa
"I would certainly recommend OpenDoor to anyone who does not want to go through the traditional process of putting your home on the market, house staging, showings, negotiating, and awaiting buyer financing. During a stressful time of selling your home and trying to purchase another home, the OpenDoor process is seamless and alleviates the anxiety that comes with such an important decision in your life. Special shout outs to the following OpenDoor Team members: Melinda Reveron our Home Advisor, whom from the start showed a genuine interest in making sure we were happy with our offer and comfortable moving forward in the process. She went above and beyond to rectify a technical issue we were having with our Sales Contract. Michael McGee our Closing Manager, who was attentive and super responsive to any questions or concerns we had during the process. He took care of any last-minute contract and date changes in order to accommodate. Courtney Parsons and Kristin Williams at OS National Title Co., who were pleasant and flexible with our ever-changing closing dates. They also did their best to accommodate any last-minute changes."
(Tampa) - Posted 2 weeks ago
Thanks so much for sharing your experience! We're so glad you were able to benefit from the Opendoor experience. We wish you all the best in the next chapter.
"We are selling our house so I thought I would give a opendoor a chance because I read all the positive reviews online. Their offer for us was not only a lowball offer… It was a completely insulting offer. Over $50,000 below fair market value. And on top of that before they even came to see the house, quoted 12% in fees. We would’ve lost money if we would have gone with opendoor. I would have to agree with some of the reviews on here that it appears the reviews are false. I can’t imagine people selling their house for so far below market value with no problem. I would avoid even wasting your time getting a quote from open door."
How did you work with Opendoor? I sold my home to Opendoor
In what city did you work with Opendoor (e.g. Phoenix, Nashville)? Riverside, California
Your Name: Kathy G.
"This was the easiest home sale that we have ever experienced. Opendoor is upfront from the start and was very helpful with any questions that we may have had. We would not hesitate to work with Opendoor again or refer our family or friends, as a matter of fact we already have. You would be foolish NOT to give them a call before you list with a conventional realtor."
(Riverside) - Posted 2 weeks ago
In what city did you work with Opendoor (e.g. Phoenix, Nashville)? Newberg
Your Name: Adele
"We wanted to move to ridgefield but felt stuck in our small house that needed repairs before we could even think about selling. Open door came in and gave us a fair market value offer and were going to take care of all the repairs for a small fee off the price they offered. We were even able to stay in the house a week after we sold it until we could close and move into our new house. It was stress free and easy! And FAST!"
(Portland) - Posted 2 weeks ago
"Buying an Open Door house has been by far the worst experience. They close at 5 and have weekends off. They would not sign Amendments after the inspection and they would not correspond in a timely manner and now I am out of my earnest money and then no repairs are done. I had to do a termination agreement. They absolutely suck!!"
Hi Kennedy,

We apologize for what sounds like a frustrating experience. Our records indicate that you were able to get the support you needed and decided to move forward with the property. Regardless, we will be sharing your feedback about the difficulty you had getting in contact with us as we are always looking to improve the experience for all customers. Thank you for choosing Opendoor for such an important transaction.
"Opendoor would not even give us an offer citing a lack of comparable properties in our area. There are houses selling left and right around us so I don’t think they looked too hard in the entire hour it took them to answer us. Very disappointing."
In what city did you work with Opendoor (e.g. Phoenix, Nashville)? Raleigh
Your Name: Stephanie Cottrell
"Working with Opendoor to sell our home was a great experience. From their initial offer, they were fair, communicative, and very responsive. Our local team was comprised of great individuals that were a pure pleasure to work with. I cannot recommend them more highly! We've never had great experiences working with Realtors, even those recommended to us by close, personal friends. You cannot say the same of Opendoor. They are committed to making the process as easy and smooth on you as they possibly can. If you're looking to sell your home --- sell to Opendoor."
(Raleigh) - Posted 2 weeks ago
In what city did you work with Opendoor (e.g. Phoenix, Nashville)? Raleigh. Nc
Your Name: June
"Almost effortless and would definitely recommend it to everyone. Everything went as planned and no hiccups. Great group of people to work with"
(Raleigh) - Posted 2 weeks ago
"It might be easy to sell a house to Opendoor, but buying from them was a nightmare. First when we went to do the inspection the utilities were turned off. Then when the utilities were turned on we went to do the inspection, but the AC wasn't working so we couldn't set up the radon test. Finally after all this was done it turned out I couldn't get a conventional loan for the Condo because the HOA was missing Building Ordinance and Law Endorsement coverage from their insurance policy. Opendoor had advertised that this place could be bought with a conventional loan only or cash, but they obviously didn't do any research on that. Without financing I had to back out of buying the property and was out $520 for the inspection, not to mention all the time and effort I put into buying the house."
"Structuring and making real estate deals aren’t always easy. Open Door particularly Karly Hamilton worked hard to make it a win win experience!"
In what city did you work with Opendoor (e.g. Phoenix, Nashville)? Lago Vista
Your Name: Joan Davidson
"My Opendoor experience could not have been better. I needed to sell my home after moving into a larger one in order to take care of my aging mother. I didn't have time or energy to deal with showing the house or waiting for it to sell. Several years ago I sold two other homes the traditional realtor route and this transaction was so much easier and less stressful. I kept waiting for the "Got ya" expecting there to be some type of catch. At least that's what I heard from the realtor community in my town with lots of negative talk about it. Well that never happened. I got a fair market price for my house reasonable repairs and the net difference between the proceeds was only 1500 higher vs going with a realtor. (that is IF my house sold right away). Every month it didn't the break even point changed. So I feel like a Win. Thanks Opendoor I will recommend you to my friends."
(Austin) - Posted 3 weeks ago
How did you work with Opendoor? I sold my home to Opendoor
In what city did you work with Opendoor (e.g. Phoenix, Nashville)? Fort Worth, TX
Your Name: Jeff Gordon
"When my wife and I decided to move. We knew we needed a experienced real estate agency because our house had some issues. I saw the Opendoor ad on Facebook and looked into it. I was very skeptical because I had clicked on ads before. The process was super simple and the further I got my confidence grew with them. They were very communicative and led me through the process the whole time. The offer was fair and the repair costs for my house were extremely fair. The title company that they used were just as awesome. From the first email they sent me to closing. My experience could not have been better. I would HIGHLY recommend everyone that I had any dealings with."
(Dallas) - Posted 3 weeks ago
In what city did you work with Opendoor (e.g. Phoenix, Nashville)? ORLANDO
Your Name: Lizzy
"Joshua was incredible. professional and friendly. Extremely easy process. Courtney at title was very nice and diligent. i have another house to offer you ."
(Orlando) - Posted 3 weeks ago
Opendoor is rated 4.44 based on 395 reviews

Create Free Account Now

Fill the details below & get instant access