Opendoor Reviews

of reviewers recommend Opendoor
Read Opendoor Reviews

About Opendoor:

In 2014, we set out to reinvent life’s most important transaction with home sellers and buyers in mind. Since then, we’ve helped thousands of people sell their homes and move in one simple, seamless transaction.

Life’s biggest milestones come with a move. Whether you’re getting married, starting a family, or taking a new job, moving is a natural step towards your dream. But it isn’t easy. Each step is more stressful than the last, and sometimes it seems like everyone but you is in control of your destiny.

Opendoor is here to change that. From selling your current home to choosing your next one, we’ve revolutionized the process to put you at the center of your move. Because we believe only one person should be in charge of how your future unfolds, and that’s you.

Tell us how Opendoor made you happy
Selling my home to Opendoor was the best experience, EVER. I have purchased 13 homes and sold 12 so I have many experiences that I compare it with. I was VERY reluctant in the beginning. Open doors procedures that look simple seems like a ploy and gimmick. Let me tell you, it is exactly what you are told. The price offered for my home was very competitive. I doubt that I would have been able to turn a higher price if I had listed. I was charged a 6% commission, but I would have been charged that also if I listed. I accepted my offer, my inspection was 2 days later and painless. I was updated regularly regarding my closing and anytime I had questions, they were answered quickly and professionally. Bronson Highum assisted me with the sale of my home and there aren’t enough positive things that I can say. From start to finish...I closed Thursday, March 12th...this was super easy, stress less and I will definitely call them first if I ever decide to sell my new home that I just purchased.
That's wonderful feedback to hear, Kelly! We always strive to provide a great customer experience with Opendoor and your feedback is incredibly valuable to us. Thanks for taking the time to share!
So easy and effortless! Even rented my home back for a few days while I moved into my new one! Paul was great to work with. No touring people, keeping the dog put up, house spotless, etc! Worth it!
(Dallas) - Posted 5 days ago
Hi Crystal, great to hear you've had a good experience with us! We appreciate you choosing Opendoor for such an important transaction.
It was a pleasure working with Opendoor. The process of selling my home was simple and easy. There was never any pressure or dissatisfaction throughout the process. I worked with Melinda and she was amazing from start to finish. She was available at all times if I had any questions or concerns. She took the time to explain everything step by step. This was the first time where I was building a new home and selling my current home. I was able to stay in my current home until the new build was complete. The process was unbelievably smooth.
(Phoenix) - Posted 5 days ago
Thanks for the love Kimberly! We will be sure to share your kind words with the team.
I have just bought my dream home with Opendoor's help!!! I am extremely happy with the process and how Opendoor have helped. The online resource they designed to help buyers (I am sure to sellers as well) is so considerate. Not only that the service rep. was extremely responsive and helpful. On top of all, buyers can get the rebate which really helped with my budget!! Thank you Opendoor! This is the way to future! Using technology to save our budget and being able to buy or sell efficiently.
That's amazing to hear! We strive to provide a great customer experience with Opendoor and your feedback is incredibly valuable to us. Thanks for taking the time to share this, Rach.
I highly recommed using Opendoor service!!! Not only the system is very well deisgned that will generate all sorts of reports for you to evulate your property interests, the service personnel was extremely responsive and helpful. I have closed my purchase with Opendoor's just a few days ago. I trust that my rebate will come my way soon too!
Great to hear about your experience, We love hearing stories like yours!
Great service. Offer was more than fair.
(Raleigh) - Posted 1 week ago
That’s fantastic to hear Chad, thanks for sharing your experience with us. 💙
I went through Open Door who found me a great agent who handled everything without any problems. Plus going through Open Door you receive 1% back from the agent which helps with expenses. Would do it again but moving SUCKS!
Thrilled to hear that Dave. Thanks for the positive review! We wish you all the best in this next chapter!
I was 100% satisfied with everything Opendoor has had to offer from the start! I started my home search on 6/17 and was able to have a home offer accepted by 6/26; in 9 days, I was able to lock in the home of my dreams! There's no way I would have been able to get this far, so fast without the help of Opendoor. Their assigned agent Melissa Carpenter has been fantastic, available when needed, and pushed to schedule tours and get my offers in as quickly as I'd as. Not only that, but she even used her experience to request concessions from the seller which is something I wouldn't have thought of on my own. Opendoor also puts 1% toward the closing costs, which helped me get away with only having to pay the down payment upon close! I've saved money, transitions have been a breeze, and would recommend Opendoor to anyone looking for a home in the future.
That's amazing to hear! We strive to provide a great customer experience with Opendoor and your feedback is incredibly valuable to us. Thanks for taking the time to share this, Monique.
we bought a house from open door All open door did was put lipstick on the exterior of house and tried on interior but my 4 year old grandson could have done a better job the spilled paint on carpet without even trying to clean it up. they dropped paint spots from whit ceiling onto brown walls again didn't even try cleaning it off but here are the real problems.
1. Landscape irrigation tired into main water line illegal code requires a backflow preventer installed , irrigation timer did not work , irrigation line had more holes then swiss cheese but they advertised irrigation cost to get it done ( $3250.00)
2. kitchen Faucet would not move in any direction cost to replace ($250.00)
3.carpet was Filthy pet pee stains all over cost to clean ( $225.00)
4. pool equipment ( pump and filter ) did not work correctly over 20 years old cost to replace ( $5057.00)
5. Garage doors no remotes was a starter but after looking closer the double door had only ( 1 ) spring on it and it was broken the door where the opener connects to was 3/4 ripped off the door had to replace door and opener cost ( $2575.00)
6. Smoke alarms inside house did not work with each other to warn you if smoke or fire was on other side of house like they are made to do had to replace all Smoke alarms
cost ( $3780.00 )
7. only keys the gave was for front door dead bolt had to replace all exterior door locks and dead bolts Cost ($ 350.00)
all Open doors wants is to put money in there pockets they could give a Rats Ass about anything or Anybody
We're sorry to hear about your experience with Opendoor, and if we’ve fallen short of your expectation of us we'd like to look further into it. Please reach out at community@opendoor.com with your best contact information and property address.
Open Door made the entire process of selling my inherited home easy. The people in all areas of the process were very professional, courteous and reponded to my questions and concerns very promply and thoroughly. I would highly recommend Open Door to anyone wishing to sell a house and avoid all of the hassles of repairs, staging and showings.
(Dallas) - Posted 3 weeks ago
That's wonderful feedback to hear, Sharon! We always strive to provide a great customer experience with Opendoor and your feedback is incredibly valuable to us. Thanks for taking the time to share!
We were in contract with the on a house and presented them with tested evidence of all three bad molds in 4 places in the property as well as evidence from two sources that the foundation was 6” out of level. These repairs are going to be very expensive. Instead of making the repairs, they decided to reject them, have us terminate the contract and put it back on the market hoping someone else will buy it without realizing and save them money. What a sad reality that they are focused on profits even if it is destructive to a buyers health and life. I am posting this in hopes of protecting a potential buyer
I loved working with Opendoor, what an amazingly easy experience. The offer for my home was very competitive! No showings, no strangers in my house, no required repairs!
(Atlanta) - Posted 3 weeks ago
Hi Viola! We appreciate the review. Thanks for sharing, and wishing you all the best in this new chapter!
Easy process
(Phoenix) - Posted 4 weeks ago
We’re always happy to hear about the positive experiences our customers have with us. Thank you for sharing Richard!
great service. We can buy directly from open door.
Be careful l if you are going to buy from them.
We just got our first home and even with and extensive home inspection they where able to hide several things.
Just to give you an example, they put white bondo in the master bathroom tub so we would notice it and as soon as we stepped in it broke and now we have change it.
My wife decided to change the floor and thank God we did, we found mold under there. The kitchen was a mess put together just enough to pass the inspection, once we started to move things around we found rot, more mold and we are in a economic hole.
We have no master bathroom shower and kitchen because we spent all our money fixing the other problems they hid in the house.
Don’t buy from them! Worst decision of my life and a very expensive one too.
Hi Gabriel, sorry to hear that this was your experience with us. We always strive to provide a stress-free, positive experience with Opendoor, but if we've fallen short, we want to look into it. Could you please reach out at community@opendoor.com so we can investigate? Thanks a lot!
To be honest, we were very skeptical about selling using an iBuyer, but after a lot of research with different iBuyers, we felt the most comfortable with Opendoor. They gave us a good initial offer and even adjusted our (already fair) repair costs. Although the selling costs of Opendoor is higher than using a realtor, it was convenient for us because we needed to quickly sell my deceased mother's house and did not have the time or energy needed to do the minor house repairs. Our Opendoor team was amazing and helped answer my millions of questions. I am surprisingly very pleased at how smoothly the whole process, from beginning to end, went. Opendoor makes a profit but the convenience was worth it to me!
(Phoenix) - Posted 1 month ago
That's wonderful feedback to hear, Mary Ann! We always strive to provide a great customer experience with Opendoor and your feedback is incredibly valuable to us. Thanks for taking the time to share!
These guys do not care about the realtor community either. Most listings carry a 1.5% selling commission which is 1/2 of the customary rate. They can pay whatever they choose but seems to me if you have inventory that has been reduced in price over and over and over that they would pay MORE in order to get the home sold.
Bob, Thank you for sharing your feedback with us. We are sorry we didn't meet your expectations and will utilize your feedback to further evaluate and develop.
We are in the Nashville area, The whole purpose behind Open door is Self guided tours without a realtor. They will not let me tour a house citing Covid 19 as the reason. The funny thing about this is your putting me at greater risk by forcing me to be around a realtor I do not want to be around. I understand the issue in our country currently, However when Companies use this tactic to reshape the rules to there favor it is sad. Self Guided tours, is your Business, Why do you Site Covid -19 and then try and put me at greater risk. I do not recommend this company, and think they are taking advantage of people. And by the way we toured another house last week, Found this one and the changed the rules also Citing Covid -19. So i guess what ever the company decides to do they will just put this handy free pass sticker on it (Covid-19)
Josh, Thank you for sharing your feedback with us. We are sorry we didn't meet your expectations and will utilize your feedback to further evaluate and develop.
We purchased a property over a year ago. It was a disaster. No one was available for questions, I just found out they miscalculated the tax portion on the settlement statement. Not much, but really? The title company missed that there are 2 HOAs, now we are stuck with an additional monthly payment of $267 a month! If you see a house for sale by Opendoor, better run!
Thanks for letting us know about this! This is not the experience we strive to deliver at Opendoor. Please reach out at community@opendoor.com with your property address and best point of contact so we can look into this matter!
4 different prices , From to low, in that order. OD is a joke of a company
We value your feedback and take it seriously. We want to look into this! Please email community@opendoor.com with more information about your experience and the property address.
With many moving parts, that is, sale of one house and purchase of another, there were no glitches. The initial experience was unsettling because of the newness. Still, the willingness to be available on all parties' part at Opendoor, led to stronger confidence levels. National lockdown experiences actually provided more time to prepare for the sale/move. Gratitude and respect to all.
(Orlando) - Posted 1 month ago
John, great to hear you've had a positive experience with Opendoor! Thank you for choosing Opendoor for such an important transaction.
Opendoor is rated 4.03 based on 713 reviews