Opendoor Reviews

of reviewers recommend Opendoor
Read Opendoor Reviews

About Opendoor:

In 2014, we set out to reinvent life’s most important transaction with home sellers and buyers in mind. Since then, we’ve helped thousands of people sell their homes and move in one simple, seamless transaction.

Life’s biggest milestones come with a move. Whether you’re getting married, starting a family, or taking a new job, moving is a natural step towards your dream. But it isn’t easy. Each step is more stressful than the last, and sometimes it seems like everyone but you is in control of your destiny.

Opendoor is here to change that. From selling your current home to choosing your next one, we’ve revolutionized the process to put you at the center of your move. Because we believe only one person should be in charge of how your future unfolds, and that’s you.

community@opendoor.com

Tell us how Opendoor made you happy
Julia
My wife and I couldn't be happier with the way this sale went. It was sooooo easy! There was literally no stress for us. We didn't have to worry about showings, repairs or any of the traditional hassle of a home sale. We were skeptical until the end but when we got the proceeds the day we closed i knew we were going to give a glowing review! Thank you so much Opendoor! I'm telling everyone that will listen.
(Phoenix) - Posted 3 months ago
We love great customer stories like yours. Thanks for sharing Rob!
Our experience with OpenDoor was so easy from start to finish. This was the 8th home we’ve sold and by far the least stressful. We also felt we received a very good price for our home. We’d definitely use OpenDoor again.
(Dallas) - Posted 47 minutes ago
My experience was wonderful and very professional.
(Dallas) - Posted 5 hours ago
I have not buy a house in more than 15 years, I remember this being a hustle. Opendoor offered me way more than my real estate agent said I can get for the house and made the process of buying a new house really easy so far. Actually I was happy to buy the new house for the price listed but they somehow manage to save me a lot of money on this as well by getting it lower than what I was expecting. Highly recommended
Selling our home and called Opendoor out of curiosity and we were pleasantly surprised at the amount offered to buy our home. We know it could not be matched. The fees charged came out to the same as a regular broker or real estate company would charge. Commission and repairs fee. We have had a good experience with Opendoor and real estate companies in the past!
(Dallas) - Posted 1 day ago
Loved, loved, loved our Opendoor experience. Would highly recommend it to friends and family. It was fast, easy and everyone was so wonderful to work with.
(Dallas) - Posted 2 days ago
I have sold multiple homes and the Opendoor experience was the best. The company provided a hassle-free opportunity for me to sell my home at full asking price. I was able to do it at my own convenience/leisure and choose my closing date. My next sell/purchase will be through Opendoor.
(Houston) - Posted 2 days ago
Working with Opendoor was easy. The experience was exactly the way they explain it on their website. We started off by setting up a virtual tour of the house. Our rep (Jacquelyn Kinman) walked us through the simply process of the virtual tour of the home and said that in the next day someone will reach out to you to schedule an exterior review of the house. We did not have to be at the house at the time. This person actually went to the house and did an evaluation of the exterior, roof, foundation, ect. Within a day or so, we got a final bid on the house and a contract to review if we wanted to proceed on selling the house to Open Door. After you sign-in to review the contract is creates a dashboard to help you through the next steps. Anytime we had questions or concerns we called our rep (Jacquelyn) and she was very helpful the whole way through. Once we felt comfortable with the contract, we set a closing day which ranges from the earliest of 14 days to latest 90 days and if you feel like changing the date for any reason you have that option. The closing process was easy. Opendoor works with Fidelity Title Company and they have several offices we could choose here in Austin, Tx to sign the final paperwork. The closing process was handled by a notary and it took about hour. After the closing process we were told that the paperwork would be review by Opendoor to make sure everything was in placed and then the money would be wired to the bank. The following day the money was in our bank account. We have to admit we were a little skeptical about the whole process, but according to the contract we could cancel the sell at anytime. We felt good about the selling price. Their service fee is less than the conventional process of going through a realtor and paying a higher fee. We originally bought the house in 1989 and from 2001 to 2021 it was a rental property. We were ready to sell the house and OpenDoor made it easy and offered a prices we were happy to sell at. The whole process from to virtual tour to closing took 28 days.
(Austin) - Posted 2 days ago
In may I had a offer from these people and they said needed 600 in repairs. I turned they offer down because fees and home didn't need no repairs. This week they made another offer and came back with 1400 in repairs. When I told them home didn't need repairs they came back and ask for receipts for the repairs. When I asked the to see what repairs they r claiming then today they come back with a lower offer and with no fees on nothing. I called them out on this and still asked for the list of repairs they claiming. .this is call bait and switch
My wife and I were skeptical from the start, no way can selling our home be this easy… boy were we WRONG!… the entire procedure couldn’t have been more simple! Dan, Dan and Joan were completely up front and honest about everything.. the offer made was so close to the traditional way of listing and selling a home that we had to give it a try! No repairs, no haggling, no showings and no stress! Best decision we’ve made in years involving a home. 100 percent satisfied customer! Darryl W. N.C
Open door made selling my house really easy, especially during a pandemic. This was my second time selling a home to Opendoor.
(Nashville) - Posted 2 days ago
Literally, could not have been any easier. I got paid, a fair price, and minimal effort / stress on my end. OD was great. Thanks, Jeremy
(Raleigh) - Posted 2 days ago
Opendoor was exactly what I needed! I’ve sold before the traditional way & don’t know if I would ever go back. The entire process was extremely stress free & I was very happy with my offer. Everyone was so friendly & walked me through the process. Thanks to my specialist Brittni. This is exactly what I needed after dealing with a loss in my family.
An out of state move is stressful, but selling my house with opendoor was so easy. I would recommend them to anyone needing to just be done with their home. No realtor, no showings, no appointments. Just a black and white sale
(Phoenix) - Posted 3 days ago
Opendoor made a fair offer on the house, enabled an electronic process that minimized hassles, was flexible on closing date, de-stressing move and house search, offered option to cancel sale up to closing - again de-stressing process and eliminated need to show house and find buyers. Two thumbs up
Selling my home via Open Door was the absolute easiest home selling process that I could've asked for. The professional assigned to assist me was both knowledgeable and courteous. I was able to skip the repairs and showings and was presented with a hassle-free fair market offer. I'd highly recommend this service to anyone who wishes to sell their home.
One call took care of getting an offer! Easy to work with and the offer was greater than we expected. Michael DiSarno was amazing to work with!
(Phoenix) - Posted 4 days ago
I sold my home and purchased a home through Opendoor. My opendoor experience partner for the home sale was Dillon Sinclair and he was very helpful and courteous from start to finish. I got a good deal on the sale of my house and the NAT escrow and title team are also very helpful and responsive. My home purchase was also great. Curtis Rodriguez and his team was very helpful as I bought a fixer upper and got a good deal and even got me credits from seller. Thank you Opendoor team. You rock!
I am at the very beginning of my home buying process with Opendoor, so I will have to come back frequently to update this review. I would first like to start out by saying that the customer service that I have received so far as been absolutely fabulous. I love that every interaction that I have had with this company has been facilitated through a live person. it is a pleasant change to be able to speak to a live person rather than try to navigate a serious of automated prompts in order to find out information. Iiked that I could view homes, schedule tours, and make an office through the app, but every interaction requiring a response was followed-up on within an hour by a live person. Next the pre-approval and loan process were very simple., convenient, and easy to understand. After submitting my application, I was paired with a loan processer (Chase) who was both professional and knowledge. When I was ready to view homes I was paired with a realtor (Dwayne) who also was extremely professional, knowledgeable, and helpful. Because of Opendoor's quick response, I was able to tour a home and submit a bid all within a 24 hour period. In an extremely competitive market, Opendoor's cash buyer benefit helped me to secure an acceptance from the buyer. I can't wait to update you on what happens next.
Amazing and easy was worried it was too good to be true but would do it again
(Jacksonville) - Posted 5 days ago
Selling through Opendoor was surprisingly a great experience. The communication was excellent ! I would recommend Opendoor to everyone who wants a hassle free way to sell your home!
(Jacksonville) - Posted 5 days ago