Opendoor Reviews

of reviewers recommend Opendoor
Read Opendoor Reviews

About Opendoor:

In 2014, we set out to reinvent life’s most important transaction with home sellers and buyers in mind. Since then, we’ve helped thousands of people sell their homes and move in one simple, seamless transaction.

Life’s biggest milestones come with a move. Whether you’re getting married, starting a family, or taking a new job, moving is a natural step towards your dream. But it isn’t easy. Each step is more stressful than the last, and sometimes it seems like everyone but you is in control of your destiny.

Opendoor is here to change that. From selling your current home to choosing your next one, we’ve revolutionized the process to put you at the center of your move. Because we believe only one person should be in charge of how your future unfolds, and that’s you.

community@opendoor.com

Tell us how Opendoor made you happy
Opendoor 5 star review on 23rd October 2021
Opendoor 5 star review on 3rd September 2021
Russell
Opendoor 5 star review on 3rd September 2021
Russell
My wife and I couldn't be happier with the way this sale went. It was sooooo easy! There was literally no stress for us. We didn't have to worry about showings, repairs or any of the traditional hassle of a home sale. We were skeptical until the end but when we got the proceeds the day we closed i knew we were going to give a glowing review! Thank you so much Opendoor! I'm telling everyone that will listen.
(Phoenix) - Posted 8 months ago
We love great customer stories like yours. Thanks for sharing Rob!
This is the second time we’ve used Opendoor. The first time was for a purchase and this time was for a sale. They made it super easy and explained everything each step of the way. My rep was very responsive and answered all my questions. I appreciate how easy they made the whole selling process.
(Raleigh) - Posted 9 hours ago
Our contact at Opendoor was responsive and helpful and the process of getting an offer couldn't have been easier. We didn't want to deal with the hassle of open houses, inexperienced buyers acting like they're at a swap meet, or the parade of agents who can sometimes be difficult. The amount of time we needed to close the sale was longer than we'd typically be in escrow, but that was no problem for Opendoor. The instructions were clear, although having sold multiple homes it was a little disorienting not to have some of the typical milestones (appraisal and the like). But it's clear that Opendoor knows what they're doing, they've figured out how to vertically integrate to build a sustainable business model, and they add enough value that even if we could have received a bit more on the sales price, Opendoor's value-add more than made up for it. I would have given them five stars, but the escrow company they used was a nightmare. Without our Opendoor contact, we would have walked away from the sale based on the lack of communication, attention to detail, and professionalism of what is clearly a proptech startup. I assume that will get better with time but if I used Opendoor again I'd insist on a different escrow company, even if it added a bit on cost.
We strive to provide a great customer experience with Opendoor and your feedback is incredibly valuable to us. It would really help us if you could send an email with the details of your experience, your property address, and your name to resolution@opendoor.com, so we can look into this. Thank you very much for your support, Peter, and have a wonderful day!
Opendoor is awesome. We took a chance with opendoor in selling our home. Best decision made. Granger Goodman who assisted with the process made it super easy and stress free. Granger was there every step of the way even after closing.
Lorie, thank you so much for your kind words! We strive to provide a great customer experience with Opendoor and your feedback is incredibly fulfilling to us. If you would like to share more of your story or if you have any questions at all, please don’t hesitate to contact us at support@opendoor.com. It is our honor to help you!
Had a wonderful experience with Opendoor they made everything easy. Wonderful customer service, would highly recommend Opendoor
(Tucson) - Posted 4 days ago
We are very happy to hear this, Rosa! We're so glad you were able to benefit from the ease and certainty the Opendoor experience provides and we are thankful for wanting to share this experience. Please send us an email with your story at support@opendoor.com. Thank you for choosing Opendoor for such an important transaction!
From the very beginning it seemed too good to be true. Call me a pessimist if you will, but it was just too easy all the way through. I honestly kept expecting to find the catch. There was none. I suppose I am a generation to old and have jaded views of technology. Here is the good news. It worked. It worked well. I really can’t even find one complaint. The only advice I could offer is to actually talk on the phone to those of my generation who still value personal contact and trust. That being said, it was by far the waist how sale I have ever said. 9.95 out of 10.
(Reno_nv) - Posted 4 days ago
Hi Mark, It’s so great to hear that you've had a good experience with us! If you wish to share more of your story or ask any questions, please don’t hesitate to contact us at support@opendoor.com. Thanks for taking the time to share this, and please have a wonderful day!
The Opendoor sale experience was, as advertised, quite free of hassles. My sale was complicated by the fact that the house was titled under two sub-trusts of a family trust. This led to some glitches in the final document signings. Also, the escrow company failed at first to get all of the HOA docs, and that held up the closing for a day. My only recommendation for improvement is to give the seller weekly updates on how the closing process is proceeding. Otherwise, I feel quite well satisfied with the Opendoor process. The original offer was honest and its promise was fulfilled.
We strive to provide a great customer experience with Opendoor and your feedback is incredibly valuable to us. It would really help us if you could send an email with the details of your experience, your property address, and your name to resolution@opendoor.com, so we can look into this. Thank you very much for your support, Ted, and have a wonderful day!
Everything was so easy from beginning to end! Great communication from opendoor and closing was a breeze! Will recommend to everyone!
That’s amazing to hear, Andrea! Thank you for your kind words and for trusting Opendoor with such an important transaction. We are always excited to read such positive reviews and we would be honored if you would like to share your story with us by sending an email to support@opendoor.com.
A true stress free customer focused business model. Process was very straightforward and the offer was competitive. Closing was timely with no hassle throughout the entire process. Highly recommend as an alternative to conventional methods.
(Houston) - Posted 6 days ago
We are very happy to hear this, Olasimbo! We're so glad you were able to benefit from the ease and certainty the Opendoor experience provides and we are thankful for wanting to share this experience. Please send us an email with your story at support@opendoor.com. Thank you for choosing Opendoor for such an important transaction!
The experience was fast, easy and Opendoor did what they said they would.
(Greensboro_nc) - Posted 6 days ago
Hi Thomas, It’s so great to hear that you've had a good experience with us! If you wish to share more of your story or ask any questions, please don’t hesitate to contact us at support@opendoor.com. Thanks for taking the time to share this, and please have a wonderful day!
Trying to buy from the is horrendous. The houses are self tour and you use the app to gain access. Most of the time the app doesn’t work and I have to call customer care to see the house. It’s typically a 30 minute wait to speak with someone. So I now basically expect to show up, not get the code from the app and spend 30 minutes on the phone so I can view the house. Some of the houses we looked at had been in the market for months. Scheduled one showing in the evening and the lights didn’t work. Used my cellphone flashlight to check out most of the house. A few rooms had lights but most didn’t. Guessing the breaker tripped. Also one had the beginnings of a hornets nest.
Stacy, thanks for taking the time to share your feedback with us. Could you please email resolution@opendoor.com with your name, property address, and experience details? We will review and get back to you.
My wife and I were initially skeptical of the very fair offer we received from OpenDoor but are now so glad we accepted their offer. Everything about the experience was exceptional and we could not be happier. Imagine the ability to push your close out for months, not having to deal with Real Estate agents (some who have never seen) entering your home with more unknown faces and closing escrow easier and faster than you could imagine. The hardest part for you (besides clearing the house) will be to reach out to OpenDoor and give them a no obligation quote on your home. You will not be disappointed
(Los_angeles) - Posted 1 week ago
Paul, this is so great to hear! We strive to offer the best services to our customers and your kind words mean so much to us. We would be honored if you would like to share your story with us by sending an email to support@opendoor.com. Thanks for taking the time to write this review and have a wonderful day!
Our experience with Opendoor was phenomenal. The process was extremely easy, the offer on our house was fair, and they were very responsive in answering questions along the way. Being able to stay in our house for 6 days after closing allowed us to spend Thanksgiving with our family before making our move north. We couldn’t be happier!! Thank you, to all of the staff at Opendoor!!
(Orlando) - Posted 1 week ago
We are very happy to hear this, Albert! We're so glad you were able to benefit from the ease and certainty the Opendoor experience provides and we are thankful for wanting to share this experience. Please send us an email with your story at support@opendoor.com. Thank you for choosing Opendoor for such an important transaction!
Opendoor was helpful and supportive all throughout the process of selling my home. Thank you very much.
Thanks for spreading the word about Opendoor, Debbie, and we are happy to hear that you've had a great experience with us! We would be honored if you would like to share more of your story with us at support@opendoor.com. Have a wonderful day!
We sold our home to Opendoor and it was the best experience that we have had in selling a home. Everything was straight forward and the communication was great.
We are very happy to hear this! We're so glad you were able to benefit from the ease and certainty the Opendoor experience provides and we are thankful for wanting to share this experience. Please send us an email with your story at support@opendoor.com. Thank you for choosing Opendoor for such an important transaction!
A bumpy ride, but they will help and explained the situation very clear and help you through most the process. Even through I have not close my yet, but with the help from Katrina (Opendoor’s agent). I have confidence that she will help me get through and buy the house I want.
Thank you for supporting what we do, Alan, and we're happy to hear that you've had a great experience with us. We would be honored if you would like to share your story in more detail by sending an email to support@opendoor.com. Have a wonderful day!
Pro: touring a home is so easy! Cons: homes are listed deceptively with inaccurate information (such as amount of bedrooms!), lot size, public sewer when it has a septic tank, etc. These deceptions can determine list prices in appraisals which is essentially robbing buyers of the actual fair market value of the home. I do not trust opendoor listings and encourage buyers to do their homework before putting an offer in on an opendoor home. Realtors operating on this system have only this listing information to go on and will negotiate according to what is entered in their system. They do not actually know the house they are attempting to sell. Check comps in the area for similar floorplans. A bedroom must have a window and a closet or it is only a bonus room. Check gas, septic, plumbing, roof line, evidence of rodents, insulation, etc. VERY IMPORTANT: check for polybutylene plumbing lines. Opendoor will lie. They get a star because of the ease of touring homes.
We want each of our customers to have an excellent Opendoor experience. Can you please send your name, property address, and additional details to resolution@opendoor.com? We look forward to hearing from you.
About a week ago, I received an estimated offer letter for my home from Opendoor. Prior to this communication, I had never heard them. The offer range seemed reasonable, so I started the process of inquiring further. Upon going to their website and entering several preliminary questions, I was told Opendoor was not in my area yet and therefore they would not make an offer on my home. So I ask, why send me a letter in the first place? I assumed it had to be some kind of marketing research to see interest in new areas. I call it false advertising and a waste of my time. You can't send a letter saying you're going to make an offer-and then say, "Oh, sorry, not in your area so disregard our letter!" That's deception and I would think borderline illegal. Point being, after this experience, I don't trust this company. If there initial letter is misleading and deceitful, imagine what selling your house through them will entail? By the way, I think it's also telling that before I wrote this review, I emailed Opendoor and asked that they contact me to explain why they sent such a misleading letter. I also said if they didn't respond, I would write a poor review. Well, my email went without a response... and so you see this review. My advice, stay away from this company!
We value your feedback and would like to investigate this further. Would you please send us an email describing the issue with your name and property address to resolution@opendoor.com?
Very easy and pleasing experience.
(Phoenix) - Posted 1 week ago
Hi Harold, It’s so great to hear that you've had a good experience with us! If you wish to share more of your story or ask any questions, please don’t hesitate to contact us at support@opendoor.com. Thanks for taking the time to share this, and please have a wonderful day!
We sold our first home to Opendoor. As second-time homebuyers, we had some things to learn and realized very quickly that the process would be much harder than our first home purchase (when moving out of Mom's house - with no real deadlines). It's as if Opendoor researched and learned all of the pain points of buying and selling a home... then removed them one by one. Was it perfect execution every single minute? Not exactly, but they had helpful staff ready to answer my questions at any moment, and how I liked to connect (sometimes by email, sometimes by text, and sometimes by phone). Also, I bought a new construction home, but with supply chain and manpower issues throughout the industry, I could not get the builder to lock in a move-in date for the longest time - Opendoor had an answer for that too, and offered us an extended flexible close date - and true to their word, when my new builder gave me less than 3 weeks notice, Opendoor and their affiliate network got it done! In the future, I may not always sell my home to Opendoor, but I don't think I would ever sell my home without soliciting an offer from them first.
(Los_angeles) - Posted 1 week ago
Thank you for supporting what we do, Eddie, and we're happy to hear that you've had a great experience with us. We would be honored if you would like to share your story in more detail by sending an email to support@opendoor.com. Have a wonderful day!
I would recommend Opendoor to anyone. They made the process so simple for me, and they offered me way more than I feel my home was worth.
(Dallas) - Posted 1 week ago
Thanks for spreading the word about Opendoor, Asia, and we are happy to hear that you've had a great experience with us! We would be honored if you would like to share more of your story with us at support@opendoor.com. Have a wonderful day!
Opendoor is rated 4.37 based on 1,986 reviews