Opendoor Reviews

of reviewers recommend Opendoor
Read Opendoor Reviews

About Opendoor:

In 2014, we set out to reinvent life’s most important transaction with home sellers and buyers in mind. Since then, we’ve helped thousands of people sell their homes and move in one simple, seamless transaction.

Life’s biggest milestones come with a move. Whether you’re getting married, starting a family, or taking a new job, moving is a natural step towards your dream. But it isn’t easy. Each step is more stressful than the last, and sometimes it seems like everyone but you is in control of your destiny.

Opendoor is here to change that. From selling your current home to choosing your next one, we’ve revolutionized the process to put you at the center of your move. Because we believe only one person should be in charge of how your future unfolds, and that’s you.

community@opendoor.com

Tell us how Opendoor made you happy
Opendoor 5 star review on 10th November 2022
Opendoor 5 star review on 23rd June 2022
Jeffery
Opendoor 5 star review on 21st June 2022
Mary
I was working a full-time job and building a new home(personally). I did not have time for a real estate company and dealing with an agent, showings, and all the things that goes into that. Opendoor made it very easy to show my home, proceed through closing, and sell my home with minimal effort. They were extremely professional and I felt they were by my side every step of the way. Anytime I had questions, I knew I could call and get answers. And I did just that and they were prompt and courteous. The closing was just as smooth as it should have been. I was very pleased with the overall process, their professionalism, and the outcome. Thanks so much for your time and attention! I highly recommend open door to anyone that wants to avoid the real estate and realtor nonsense. Opendoor is a great company with great people. Thanks!
(Nashville) - Posted 2 weeks ago
We love hearing stories like yours, Brady! Thank you for supporting what we do and for spreading the word about Opendoor. We wish you all the best in this next chapter!
Everyone was great, the process was simple and easy. Hassle and problem-free experience, I don't think I could've dreamed of a simpler process.
(Washington_dc) - Posted 1 day ago
Detrick, this is so great to hear! We strive to offer the best services to our customers and your kind words mean so much to us. We would be honored if you would like to share your story with us by sending an email to community@opendoor.com. Thanks for taking the time to write this review and have a wonderful day!
Superb, trouble free sale!
(Tampa) - Posted 2 days ago
Thanks for spreading the word about Opendoor, Ed, and we are happy to hear that you've had a great experience with us! We would be honored if you would like to share more of your story with us at community@opendoor.com. Have a wonderful day!
Don't waist your time unless you need quick cash. OD came in at a reasonable offer, so we decided to go through the process. That all went well, and our rep Michael was good and responsive. Then the final offer came in at 50K lower than their initial offer. Not even close per sqft to anything in our neighborhood. Michael gave me a canned response on why and said market uncertainties factor a significant part of their offer. I get that, but the problem I cannot reconcile is they used our entire zip code to determine time on the market. Anyone who has ever owned knows that is just not realistic. In our neighborhood, we have zero homes on the market; when we do they go fast. We have had 18 sales in the last six months, some over the list. And that is in a market where mortgage rates are going up. If you need to get out fast, they are a good choice but based on their offer; I would have dozens of local investors beating down my door to get our place at that.
Thank you for bringing this to our attention, we want to look into the issue further. Could you please send us an email with your name, more information about your experience, and the property address to support@opendoor.com?
I had a great experience working with Cario Blackwell. He was the listing agent on a purchase transaction. It was seamless working with him and I highly recommend him to anyone who is looking to purchase a home.
We are very happy to hear this, Shehan! We're so glad you were able to benefit from the ease and certainty the Opendoor experience provides and appreciate you sharing your story with us. If you would like to share any additional details of your experience, please reach out to community@opendoor.com. Thank you for choosing Opendoor for such an important transaction!
Fantastic. I've already recommended Opendoor to a few friends that have asked how the experience was. I've sold many houses over the years and this was by far the easiest transaction of any of them. Will definitely use them again when we're ready to sell again.
(Phoenix) - Posted 4 days ago
David, this is so great to hear! We strive to offer the best services to our customers and your kind words mean so much to us. We would be honored if you would like to share your story with us by sending an email to community@opendoor.com. Thanks for taking the time to write this review and have a wonderful day!
It was so easy selling my home through Open door. I would recommend them 100%. They are great.
(Nashville) - Posted 6 days ago
We are very happy to hear this, Irene! We're so glad you were able to benefit from the ease and certainty the Opendoor experience provides and appreciate you sharing your story with us. If you would like to share any additional details of your experience, please reach out to community@opendoor.com. Thank you for choosing Opendoor for such an important transaction!
We just bought a house they were selling and have found extensive termite damage that is costing us thousands to address because studs and support beams are crumbling like paper mache. We're having to gut and essentially rebuild nearly a third of the house on top of replacing the hot water heater that isn't up to code and the defective flooring (there is a bunch of weird padding under the laminate that's making it spongy and pop apart when walked on). When we were house hunting we drove 45 minutes to self tour a house and got there to discover they wouldn't let me in (we'd looked at 3 of their houses previously (over a period of weeks) with no issue, I'm guessing they blocked my access because I politely let them know that one of the houses had a back door that was essentially unlockable because the latch wasn't long enough to reach the door frame, the wind could blow it open).
We value your feedback and would like to investigate this further. Would you please send us an email describing the issue with your name and property address to resolution@opendoor.com?
The customer service was great they kept in constant contact, the price was pretty fair because I didn't have the time to invest money in updating the house and put it in the market with a realtor. Everything weren't smoothly, the app was very easy to use.
Shaleta, this is so great to hear! We strive to offer the best services to our customers and your kind words mean so much to us. We would be honored if you would like to share your story with us by sending an email to community@opendoor.com. Thanks for taking the time to write this review and have a wonderful day!
everything went better than I expected except for all the charges and I can only say that this was a wonderful group of people to work with.
(Columbus_oh) - Posted 1 week ago
We are very happy to hear this, George! We're so glad you were able to benefit from the ease and certainty the Opendoor experience provides and appreciate you sharing your story with us. If you would like to share any additional details of your experience, please reach out to community@opendoor.com. Thank you for choosing Opendoor for such an important transaction!
Such a disappointment! I had no idea of their fees and what they would charge for repairs! Absolutely, a hoax! I have met with realtors and other cash offer companies. I was initially impressed with the ease of getting an offer.....a virtual walk through and an outside assessment. Then the REAL offer came in. I work in home services, and I'm very well-versed in home repairs and updates. I will NEVER recommend this company!
Process was smooth, our rep talked us through the steps and went exactly as stated no hidden fees.
Thanks for spreading the word about Opendoor, Sue, and we are happy to hear that you've had a great experience with us! We would be honored if you would like to share more of your story with us at community@opendoor.com. Have a wonderful day!
Bought and sold with Opendoor. They were fast, professional, and very accommodating. My buying agent, Roman Doktorovich, was knowledgeable, responsive, and easy to work with. If you’re looking to streamline the process when buying and selling and want to reduce the stress involved, I would highly recommend using Opendoor.
Kim, this is so great to hear! We strive to offer the best services to our customers and your kind words mean so much to us. We would be honored if you would like to share your story with us by sending an email to community@opendoor.com. Thanks for taking the time to write this review and have a wonderful day!
They were very upfront about the entire cash offer process, the fees incurred and how to get from start to finish as quickly and efficiently as possible. I was able to go through the entire process from start to finish in 2 weeks, which lessened the stress of the whole process. The Opendoor team as well as the title company were easy to reach, quick to respond and endlessly helpful. Couldn't be happier with how everything went and would recommend Opendoor to anyone looking to forgo the traditional listing process.
(Dallas) - Posted 1 week ago
Carson, thank you so much for your kind words! We strive to provide a great customer experience with Opendoor and your feedback is incredibly fulfilling to us. If you would like to share more of your story or if you have any questions at all, please don’t hesitate to contact us at community@opendoor.com. It is our honor to help you!
It was easy and convenient. Everything was done over the phone/internet, only had to meet with a notary and she came to the house. We had money the day of the closing.
(Indianapolis_in) - Posted 1 week ago
Melissa, this is so great to hear! We strive to offer the best services to our customers and your kind words mean so much to us. We would be honored if you would like to share your story with us by sending an email to community@opendoor.com. Thanks for taking the time to write this review and have a wonderful day!
This company is the absolute WORST. After lowering their contracted offer by $70,000 one week before the close date (which was rejected), they then failed to cancel the transfer orders … resulting in our electricity, internet, water, and gas ALL being cut off over the course of the next 2 months … a total lack of integrity and competence … would highly recommend AGAINST ever using this company!!
We appreciate you bringing this to our attention, your feedback is important to us. Please reach out to resolution@opendoor.com with your name, property address, and the details of your situation, so we can look into this further.
Easiest move we’ve ever done. If you don’t want to spend a ton of money doing repairs and deep cleaning, Open Door is the way to go. Also, skip all the showings and the long wait time to get your house sold.
Thanks for spreading the word about Opendoor, Valerie, and we are happy to hear that you've had a great experience with us! We would be honored if you would like to share more of your story with us at community@opendoor.com. Have a wonderful day!
(Nashville) - Posted 2 weeks ago
I'm about to close and purchase my first home! I found open door by accident, my relator flaked on me so I decided to still drive by a few of the homes I wanted to visit - to my surprise, OpenDoor was hosting the homes, so I was able to walk in and schedule my appointment right away! because of OpenDoor, I was able to view the homes, within my timeframe and busy schedule, no fuss or fluff involved. It was quick and easy and I am so thankful - whoever created this app is a genius. the whole process has been easy - down to putting in my offer, and being connected to an open-door relator after letting OpenDoor know I wanted to submit the offer. Thanks OpenDoor!
Jessica, this is so great to hear! We strive to offer the best services to our customers and your kind words mean so much to us. We would be honored if you would like to share your story with us by sending an email to community@opendoor.com. Thanks for taking the time to write this review and have a wonderful day!
Selling our house was the easiest part of our move. The process was quick and we were kept up to date with each step of the process. We did not want to have to leave for showings since we all work from home and the house was chaos packing for the move. Opendoor was the perfect solution for us.
(Indianapolis_in) - Posted 2 weeks ago
We are very happy to hear this, Jennifer! We're so glad you were able to benefit from the ease and certainty the Opendoor experience provides and appreciate you sharing your story with us. If you would like to share any additional details of your experience, please reach out to community@opendoor.com. Thank you for choosing Opendoor for such an important transaction!
man because of you I always feel bad my mother does not even want me now
Jonathan, thanks for taking the time to share your feedback with us. Could you please email resolution@opendoor.com with your name, property address, and experience details? We will review and get back to you.
Opendoor is rated 4.4 based on 3,021 reviews