Opendoor Reviews

of reviewers recommend Opendoor
Under an hour
Read Opendoor Reviews

About Opendoor:

In 2014, we set out to reinvent life’s most important transaction with home sellers and buyers in mind. Since then, we’ve helped thousands of people sell their homes and move in one simple, seamless transaction.

Life’s biggest milestones come with a move. Whether you’re getting married, starting a family, or taking a new job, moving is a natural step towards your dream. But it isn’t easy. Each step is more stressful than the last, and sometimes it seems like everyone but you is in control of your destiny.

Opendoor is here to change that. From selling your current home to choosing your next one, we’ve revolutionized the process to put you at the center of your move. Because we believe only one person should be in charge of how your future unfolds, and that’s you.

Tell us how Opendoor made you happy
Selling my home to Opendoor was the best experience, EVER. I have purchased 13 homes and sold 12 so I have many experiences that I compare it with. I was VERY reluctant in the beginning. Open doors procedures that look simple seems like a ploy and gimmick. Let me tell you, it is exactly what you are told. The price offered for my home was very competitive. I doubt that I would have been able to turn a higher price if I had listed. I was charged a 6% commission, but I would have been charged that also if I listed. I accepted my offer, my inspection was 2 days later and painless. I was updated regularly regarding my closing and anytime I had questions, they were answered quickly and professionally. Bronson Highum assisted me with the sale of my home and there aren’t enough positive things that I can say. From start to finish...I closed Thursday, March 12th...this was super easy, stress less and I will definitely call them first if I ever decide to sell my new home that I just purchased.
That's wonderful feedback to hear, Kelly! We always strive to provide a great customer experience with Opendoor and your feedback is incredibly valuable to us. Thanks for taking the time to share!
In what city did you work with Opendoor (e.g. Phoenix, Nashville)? Hiram
Your Name: Sara
Opendoor really did make the process easy. With two kids under two and two dogs as well as working from home the last thing I wanted was showings. Even during an uncertain time they really pulled through for us. Thank you Opendoor!
(Atlanta) - Posted 6 hours ago
In what city did you work with Opendoor (e.g. Phoenix, Nashville)? Phoenix, AZ
Your Name: N Jones
Opendoor made the process simple for me. Kept me informed, straightforward communication and returned phone calls when I had questions. So simple to work directly with their people to determine what needed to be done, and what didn't. I would definitely recommend them if you are getting ready to sell your home. I was very pleased with the overall process of selling my home to Opendoor and the price that I received for my home. (and no showings!) N Jones
(Phoenix) - Posted 3 days ago
We love hearing stories like these! Thanks for taking the time to share, Nancy.
Amazing from four to closing
Thanks for sharing, Aaleeah!
Opendoor team is super responsive. They paired me with a great realtor. Made the process more simplified that what I was expecting. I would recommend buying a house through them.
That’s fantastic to hear David, thanks for sharing your experience with us. 💙
In what city did you work with Opendoor (e.g. Phoenix, Nashville)? Friendswood
Your Name: Kristin
Amazing customer service, hassle free, everything went very smoothly
(Houston) - Posted 1 week ago
Thrilled to hear that Kristin. Thanks for the positive review! We wish you all the best in this next chapter!
Yvette Johnson is a highly professional, highly competent, listing agent. She was kind and patient with my client's lender issues and worked with us until resolution. Has been a true pleasure working with her and I highly recommend her as a top agent with Open Door! Ruth Wood, HomeRiver Group Tampa, Realtor
Ruth, Thanks for the positive feedback and we appreciate you spreading the word about Opendoor!
How did you work with Opendoor? I sold my home to Opendoor
I could not believe how easy it was to sell through Opendoor. We had an issue with a lien showing on our records. They were patient and kind throughout the whole process. The offer was generous, especially since my husband had not been able to make updates and our house was not immaculate. We were happy with the results.
(Charlotte) - Posted 2 weeks ago
So glad to hear this Barbara. Thanks for letting us know! We're so glad you were able to benefit from the ease and certainty the Opendoor experience provides!
Trevor Hendricks #1 in my book from sales he goes above and beyond thanks
Thrilled to hear that Russell. Thanks for the positive review! We wish you all the best in this next chapter!
In what city did you work with Opendoor (e.g. Phoenix, Nashville)? Jacksonville
Your Name: JoeBrown
Everything went very smooth, closed on Closing date selected, like they said no problems at all, funds wired as expected 5 star co.
(Jacksonville) - Posted 2 weeks ago
That's amazing to hear! We strive to provide a great customer experience with Opendoor and your feedback is incredibly valuable to us. Thanks for taking the time to share this, Jovon.
In what city did you work with Opendoor (e.g. Phoenix, Nashville)? Converse
Your Name: Christopher Seiler
Opendoor was such a stress free process! They kept us informed of every process of our sale, The associates we worked with were very professional and knew the process. Kaajal was our go to representative and she was on her game. I would highly recommend Opendoor to everyone I know. Such an easy process, they gave me more for my house then what I was expecting, they kept there word on every aspect of the sale. Never have I had such a great time selling a house. Hopefully this is the last time we move, it's our 4th and it has been fun working with them. We did our closing and within 2 hours the money was wired directly to our account.
(San_antonio) - Posted 4 weeks ago
That's wonderful feedback to hear, Christopher! We always strive to provide a great customer experience with Opendoor and your feedback is incredibly valuable to us. Thanks for taking the time to share!
How did you work with Opendoor? I sold my home to Opendoor
In what city did you work with Opendoor (e.g. Phoenix, Nashville)? Jacksonville Fl
Your Name: Richard Tanner
IT was quick painless, very good people to work with. I will tell everone about my dealings with Opendoor.
(Jacksonville) - Posted 4 weeks ago
Richard, Happy to hear that - and even happier you took the time to tell us! Thanks for spreading the word!
In what city did you work with Opendoor (e.g. Phoenix, Nashville)? Nashville
Your Name: Sarom Rat
Excellent and convenience
(Nashville) - Posted 4 weeks ago
Sarom, great to hear you've had a positive experience with Opendoor! Thank you for choosing Opendoor for such an important transaction.
In what city did you work with Opendoor (e.g. Phoenix, Nashville)? Phoenix
Your Name: Marty Morgan
Opendoor is the best! Very professional and personal and do what they say they’ll do. I’ve told friends and family about our experience, like I said they ARE the best
(Phoenix) - Posted 4 weeks ago
We're delighted to hear you've had a good experience with Opendoor Marty. We appreciate you spreading the word about Opendoor!
In what city did you work with Opendoor (e.g. Phoenix, Nashville)? Knightdale
Your Name: kenneth clark
This was definitely the best decision I could have made it was easy non-rushed definitely hassle free and Ltzal and everyone else were outstanding very knowledgeable knew what they were doing they walk you through the process if you have any problems if you are planning on selling your house open door is the way to go I’ll promise you you will not regret it
(Raleigh) - Posted 4 weeks ago
So glad to hear this Kenneth. Thanks for letting us know! We're so glad you were able to benefit from the ease and certainty the Opendoor experience provides!
In what city did you work with Opendoor (e.g. Phoenix, Nashville)? Nashville
Your Name: Danielle Whitmon
My husband and I decided after 8 years of having a rental property that it was time to sell. We had been hearing Open Door radio advertisements and felt it was worth looking into. We called and spoke with a representative whom we worked with through the whole process. He was able to answer all of our questions, no matter how trivial, as we had never sold a property ourselves before. The process from beginning to end was seamless and moved with no hiccups. We are so appreciative of the Open Door team and the title company for their knowledge and support!!
(Nashville) - Posted 4 weeks ago
Hi Danielle, great to hear you've had a good experience with us! We appreciate you choosing Opendoor for such an important transaction.
We had been dabbling with the idea of selling our home and moving into a more ideal location for a while but didn’t think it possible at the time. We got an offer from Opendoor and went with it on a whim. With the offer we were able to sell our home and trade in for another home in the exact location we had been dreaming of moving to. Opendoor made the process seamless for us and uncomplicated.
Thrilled to hear that Shea. Thanks for the positive review! We wish you all the best in this next chapter!
How did you work with Opendoor? I sold my home to Opendoor
In what city did you work with Opendoor (e.g. Phoenix, Nashville)? Gilbert Az (Phoenix)
Your Name: Juanita Estime
Very responsive to my many questions. From day one everything was easy and exceeded my expectations. Tucker was patient and a joy to work with.
(Phoenix) - Posted 1 month ago
We love great customer stories like yours. Thanks for sharing Juanita!
Best experience I have ever had selling a house!
That’s fantastic to hear Marla, thanks for sharing your experience with us.
As a single mother I needed to sell my house fast and buy a new house in the area that I wanted my daughter to start a high school. Offerpad and Zillow both promised that they can give me the money that I asked for in the timely manner that they promise. They sent inspectors to my house wasted 1 and a half month of my time without answering me since they knew I'm short on time and cancelled the last mintues or offered me the price 50,000 below the initial offer. The Opendoor came to my rescue and offered me the price higher than what I asked for and were exteremly on time and professional. They did everything in their power so we can have a smooth moving to a new house. From the time I signed the contract with Opendoor to the time they transfer money to my account and purchased my house, it took us less than a week. I was able to purchase the new house and move 1 week before school starts all thank to Opendoor employees. They were not only purchased my house 1000 more than my asking offer but also fix the problem that their competitor caused for me. That is very important. Doing a business is great, fixing other people /companied mistakes are extraordinary. That's why I highly recommend this company to those who want to sell quickly without repairing their homes or dealing with agents and people visiting their homes.
That's amazing to hear! We strive to provide a great customer experience with Opendoor and your feedback is incredibly valuable to us. Thanks for taking the time to share this, Pegah.
In what city did you work with Opendoor (e.g. Phoenix, Nashville)? Phoenix, AZ
It was truly exceptional. They came in with the best price (we received 5 other offers), their assessment was more than fair and doing everything online was awesome! I was nervous after reading the other reviews but we did not experience any of what we read. They actually ended up giving us more (net) after coming and seeing the house than they had in the first online offer. It was super easy to get in touch with our experience manager and she did a great job of keeping us up to date with statuses. This was so much easier than using a realtor and I think we got more money for they house than we would have if we went the more traditional route. I can't speak for other areas of the country but our experience in the Phoenix area exceeded our expectations.
(Phoenix) - Posted 1 month ago
We love hearing stories like these! Thanks for taking the time to share, Dawn.
Opendoor is rated 4.08 based on 679 reviews