Opendoor Reviews

of reviewers recommend Opendoor
Read Opendoor Reviews

About Opendoor:

In 2014, we set out to reinvent life’s most important transaction with home sellers and buyers in mind. Since then, we’ve helped thousands of people sell their homes and move in one simple, seamless transaction.

Life’s biggest milestones come with a move. Whether you’re getting married, starting a family, or taking a new job, moving is a natural step towards your dream. But it isn’t easy. Each step is more stressful than the last, and sometimes it seems like everyone but you is in control of your destiny.

Opendoor is here to change that. From selling your current home to choosing your next one, we’ve revolutionized the process to put you at the center of your move. Because we believe only one person should be in charge of how your future unfolds, and that’s you.

Tell us how Opendoor made you happy
I was 100% satisfied with everything Opendoor has had to offer from the start! I started my home search on 6/17 and was able to have a home offer accepted by 6/26; in 9 days, I was able to lock in the home of my dreams! There's no way I would have been able to get this far, so fast without the help of Opendoor. Their assigned agent Melissa Carpenter has been fantastic, available when needed, and pushed to schedule tours and get my offers in as quickly as I'd as. Not only that, but she even used her experience to request concessions from the seller which is something I wouldn't have thought of on my own. Opendoor also puts 1% toward the closing costs, which helped me get away with only having to pay the down payment upon close! I've saved money, transitions have been a breeze, and would recommend Opendoor to anyone looking for a home in the future.
That's amazing to hear! We strive to provide a great customer experience with Opendoor and your feedback is incredibly valuable to us. Thanks for taking the time to share this, Monique.
Open Door made the entire process of selling my inherited home easy. The people in all areas of the process were very professional, courteous and reponded to my questions and concerns very promply and thoroughly. I would highly recommend Open Door to anyone wishing to sell a house and avoid all of the hassles of repairs, staging and showings.
(Dallas) - Posted 1 week ago
That's wonderful feedback to hear, Sharon! We always strive to provide a great customer experience with Opendoor and your feedback is incredibly valuable to us. Thanks for taking the time to share!
I loved working with Opendoor, what an amazingly easy experience. The offer for my home was very competitive! No showings, no strangers in my house, no required repairs!
(Atlanta) - Posted 2 weeks ago
Hi Viola! We appreciate the review. Thanks for sharing, and wishing you all the best in this new chapter!
Easy process
(Phoenix) - Posted 2 weeks ago
We’re always happy to hear about the positive experiences our customers have with us. Thank you for sharing Richard!
great service. We can buy directly from open door.
To be honest, we were very skeptical about selling using an iBuyer, but after a lot of research with different iBuyers, we felt the most comfortable with Opendoor. They gave us a good initial offer and even adjusted our (already fair) repair costs. Although the selling costs of Opendoor is higher than using a realtor, it was convenient for us because we needed to quickly sell my deceased mother's house and did not have the time or energy needed to do the minor house repairs. Our Opendoor team was amazing and helped answer my millions of questions. I am surprisingly very pleased at how smoothly the whole process, from beginning to end, went. Opendoor makes a profit but the convenience was worth it to me!
(Phoenix) - Posted 4 weeks ago
That's wonderful feedback to hear, Mary Ann! We always strive to provide a great customer experience with Opendoor and your feedback is incredibly valuable to us. Thanks for taking the time to share!
With many moving parts, that is, sale of one house and purchase of another, there were no glitches. The initial experience was unsettling because of the newness. Still, the willingness to be available on all parties' part at Opendoor, led to stronger confidence levels. National lockdown experiences actually provided more time to prepare for the sale/move. Gratitude and respect to all.
(Orlando) - Posted 1 month ago
John, great to hear you've had a positive experience with Opendoor! Thank you for choosing Opendoor for such an important transaction.
I had a good experience purchasing the house with Open Door, besides they gave me 1% back which it came in very handy towards closing cost
. Thanks a lot for all your help.
We love hearing stories like these! Thanks for taking the time to share, David.
Working with OpenDoor was a seamless experience. Sure there are advantages to traditional sales but we were in a crunch and needed to get our house sold before closing in our new one. They did everything for us! This process removed all stress!!
(Orlando) - Posted 2 months ago
Annemarie, great to hear you've had a positive experience with Opendoor! Thank you for choosing Opendoor for such an important transaction.
Open door is definitely the best way to sell your home. Very easy and friendly and courteous and knowledgeable staff. Very highly recommended opendoor.
(Charlotte) - Posted 2 months ago
That's amazing to hear! We strive to provide a great customer experience with Opendoor and your feedback is incredibly valuable to us. Thanks for taking the time to share this, Jude.
Very pleasant experience. They were very helpful
(Phoenix) - Posted 2 months ago
Glad to hear you had a positive experience with us Kathy. We appreciate your feedback!
Very nice experience
(Phoenix) - Posted 2 months ago
Thanks for sharing, Thomas!
Opendoor really did make the process easy. With two kids under two and two dogs as well as working from home the last thing I wanted was showings.
Even during an uncertain time they really pulled through for us.
Thank you Opendoor!
(Atlanta) - Posted 2 months ago
We're delighted to hear you've had a good experience with Opendoor Sara. We appreciate you spreading the word about Opendoor!
Opendoor made the process simple for me. Kept me informed, straightforward communication and returned phone calls when I had questions. So simple to work directly with their people to determine what needed to be done, and what didn't. I would definitely recommend them if you are getting ready to sell your home.

I was very pleased with the overall process of selling my home to Opendoor and the price that I received for my home. (and no showings!)

N Jones
(Phoenix) - Posted 2 months ago
We love hearing stories like these! Thanks for taking the time to share, Nancy.
Amazing from four to closing
Thanks for sharing, Aaleeah!
Opendoor team is super responsive. They paired me with a great realtor. Made the process more simplified that what I was expecting. I would recommend buying a house through them.
That’s fantastic to hear David, thanks for sharing your experience with us. 💙
Amazing customer service, hassle free, everything went very smoothly
(Houston) - Posted 3 months ago
Thrilled to hear that Kristin. Thanks for the positive review! We wish you all the best in this next chapter!
Yvette Johnson is a highly professional, highly competent, listing agent. She was kind and patient with my client's lender issues and worked with us until resolution. Has been a true pleasure working with her and I highly recommend her as a top agent with Open Door!

Ruth Wood, HomeRiver Group Tampa, Realtor
Ruth, Thanks for the positive feedback and we appreciate you spreading the word about Opendoor!
I could not believe how easy it was to sell through Opendoor. We had an issue with a lien showing on our records. They were patient and kind throughout the whole process.
The offer was generous, especially since my husband had not been able to make updates and our house was not immaculate. We were happy with the results.
(Charlotte) - Posted 3 months ago
So glad to hear this Barbara. Thanks for letting us know! We're so glad you were able to benefit from the ease and certainty the Opendoor experience provides!
Trevor Hendricks #1 in my book from sales he goes above and beyond thanks
Thrilled to hear that Russell. Thanks for the positive review! We wish you all the best in this next chapter!
Opendoor is rated 4.03 based on 707 reviews