Opendoor Reviews

of reviewers recommend Opendoor
Read Opendoor Reviews

About Opendoor:

In 2014, we set out to reinvent life’s most important transaction with home sellers and buyers in mind. Since then, we’ve helped thousands of people sell their homes and move in one simple, seamless transaction.

Life’s biggest milestones come with a move. Whether you’re getting married, starting a family, or taking a new job, moving is a natural step towards your dream. But it isn’t easy. Each step is more stressful than the last, and sometimes it seems like everyone but you is in control of your destiny.

Opendoor is here to change that. From selling your current home to choosing your next one, we’ve revolutionized the process to put you at the center of your move. Because we believe only one person should be in charge of how your future unfolds, and that’s you.

community@opendoor.com

Tell us how Opendoor made you happy
Wish I called them sooner! Was a bit hesitant since reviews seem pretty mixed but we had a fantastic experience selling our home after we had to quickly move cross country. The offer was higher than we expected, though there were repair fees but then even with those fees, the commission and closing costs, we still liked the final dollar amount and being able to close within 2 weeks really helped seal the offer. The two weeks flew by and providing the necessary paperwork for closing was fairly simple and straightforward. We were able to upload everything online, get a handful of signatures notarized and overnight those with a prepaid label. Easy and convenient.
(Charlotte) - Posted 5 hours ago
I made contact. They inspected the house (I was not present) and their offer was above what I think was retail. The offer and the expenses were clear, and title company was very good and and communication was good.
(Jacksonville) - Posted 5 days ago
We love hearing stories like these! Thanks for taking the time to share, Joel.
I’ve used open door for a long time. Then I decided to go with a realtor. Coming back to open door was an amazing experience
So glad to hear this. Thanks for letting us know! We're so glad you were able to benefit from the ease and certainty the Opendoor experience provides!
If you are looking to buy or sell your home, Opendoor was great! Easy to work with great customer service and quick close. Also great negotiation skills.
Wonderful to hear that it worked for you! Thanks for sharing your experience.
Open door has great people great philosophy, on how they do business. They take care of you every step of the way .
We’re always happy to hear about the positive experiences our customers have with us. Thank you for sharing Trisha & Steve!
Jonathan was a dream! He was very professional, trust worthy and endearing. He stayed in contact and kept me in the loop til the end. I highly recommend Open Door...Jonathan sold my house on the third day, over asking price...you rock Jonathan! God bless!
We’re always happy to hear about the positive experiences our customers have with us. Thank you for sharing Patti!
Selling my home could not have been easier! The support I received throughout the entire process was beyond outstanding. Chelsea with Opendoor was always on top of things. She immediately responded to every question or request I had. I appreciate the entire experience and would definitely recommend Opendoor to anyone looking to sell their home quickly and hassle free.
(Dallas) - Posted 1 month ago
Anthony, great to hear you've had a positive experience with Opendoor! Thank you for choosing Opendoor for such an important transaction.
From our Tour Agent, Tammy showing us homes and always making herself available to "Add" homes to our tour in this crazy market, to the Open Door realtor Elizabeth Miller writing up our offer, to Timothy at Open Door Home Loans securing our financing and even Debbie from Open Door checking in on our progress, I couldn't be happier with the whole experience. Truly made selling and purchasing our new home pain and stress free! We would definitely recommend Open Door if you are in the market for a new home or selling your existing home. They do a phone walk through of your home, send an inspector to check out the outside and then make an offer. No need in having countless strangers tracking through your home. Having to "Stage" it, take your animals somewhere in the meantime and having to sanitize everything during these unprecedented times. Fast, easy, friendly and efficient and honest and true to their word. You can take their cash offer and even list it at the same time to see if you can get more through a traditional sale, while being guaranteed that your house is sold so you can purchase your next home hassle free! The incentives they are giving are a great additional bonus! Open Door has totally revolutionized the way homes are bought and sold. Oh yeah, we got to pick our closing date so no added stress about storage or moving twice! Great customer service!
Hi Martha, great to hear you've had a good experience with us! We appreciate you choosing Opendoor for such an important transaction.
Quick and easy way to sale your property no hassle Best service.
(Las_vegas) - Posted 1 month ago
That's awesome! Happy to hear that Faiz. Thanks for sharing your feedback with us!
What an easy, painless way to buy a home. I admit that I was nervous as a first time home buyer but the entire process was smooth (and social distancing friendly). Everyone at Opendoor was in sync and quick to reach out with updates and responses to my inquiries. I really appreciated the timeliness and care, along with the provided timeline of what was expected from me.

It seems I gravitate towards things that are easy as I also went with Opendoor for my home loan and that process was also amazingly simple.

Great experience. 5/5 - Will buy my next home through Opendoor.
Tim, great to hear you've had a positive experience with Opendoor! Thank you for choosing Opendoor for such an important transaction.
At first I was not to sure if this would work. I felt like this was to good to
be true! This was a very easy process as I sold current home, found new home and did a mortgage loan through Opendoor. I am really impressed with the credits given and no lender fees. Opendoor is not a joke it’s worth it! The customer service was very friendly and helpful. What I loved was there was no pressure. I could look for houses and select to tour each day if needed.
Overall, this was the easiest process if you wanted to move quickly into a new home. I definitely recommend anyone to check them out and see all there options in buying or selling as they truly did wonders for me! Keep it up Opendoor!
That's amazing to hear! We strive to provide a great customer experience with Opendoor and your feedback is incredibly valuable to us. Thanks for taking the time to share this.
I absolutely loved working with Sahar. It is very important to work with a professional, experienced and knowledgeable realtor who will put an offer together that will stand out from the rest and have the right communication skills to deal with the seller. It’s not always about who offers more.
We love hearing stories like these! Thanks for taking the time to share, Evangelina.
Had an excellent experience. Process was quick, seamless, staff VERY engaging and professional from beginning to end. We're happy.
(Atlanta) - Posted 1 month ago
Sharman great to hear you've had a positive experience with Opendoor! Thank you for choosing Opendoor for such an important transaction.
From Shanda Conroy at Opendoor, to my local rep Sarah Sanchez at the partner title company, I was treated as though I were their only customer. Thru constant contact, those two young lady's made my experience a stress free, professional transaction
(Dallas) - Posted 2 months ago
That's wonderful feedback to hear, Robin! We always strive to provide a great customer experience with Opendoor and your feedback is incredibly valuable to us. Thanks for taking the time to share!
I’m really pleased to have chosen
Opendoor to show me houses.
My tour agent was Ruth Hern, she was really helpful and informative. I
will continue to work with her to show me more homes. Thank you!
Veronica, great to hear you've had a positive experience with Opendoor! Thank you for choosing Opendoor for such an important transaction.
I started using Opendoor app when selling the house to Opendoor a couple years ago, it was indeed a positive experience, which prompted me to use Opendoor for home buying. The searching and touring experience has been wonderful, way better than using traditional agent.
The agents showing houses are generally professional and responsive. Requesting information of a specific property is also lightening speed from the Opendoor app. As for submitting offer for home buying, I had one not so great experience with an agent and also a great experience with another super attentive agent. The app can use some improvement, some bugs to be resolved; additional features such as calculating commute from the property location would be excellent
I sold my home to open door last August. It was the easiest real estate transaction I have ever had (and I’ve bought and sold many properties). I would not hesitate to use them again.
We’re always happy to hear about the positive experiences our customers have with us. Thank you for sharing!
I grade hard. Getting a strong & positive review from me is not easy. And with that introduction, I want to declare that Opendoor has EXCEEDED MY EXPECTATIONS from our initial contact and all the way through closing.

A very favorable impression was made by 1st contact Carissa Secchiari. Schedules had me soon connected with Itzel Toscano. Itzel was my main contact through the process, and she was outstanding. I only offer that rating to people who are clear and patient and available, and that was my experience. Emails were typically answered within an hour. I was NEVER waiting on a return phone call, as Itzel was always available by a direct call. And there were no surprises with Opendoor.

The offer was fair and as-expected. Again, there were no surprises, and the closing was equally smooth. Opendoor has my admiration, I have already recommended them, and I will continue to do so. Absolutely no regrets or second thoughts on the part of this seller.
(Atlanta) - Posted 2 months ago
That's amazing to hear! We strive to provide a great customer experience with Opendoor and your feedback is incredibly valuable to us. Thanks for taking the time to share this, Mark.
Great customer service! Everyone is so nice.
We’re always happy to hear about the positive experiences our customers have with us. Thank you for sharing Hector!
It was a very positive experience. The Opendoor team made the whole process of selling our home smooth and relatively stress free. We especially liked the fact we could pick the closing date.
(Las_vegas) - Posted 3 months ago
That's wonderful feedback to hear, La Sharon & Scott! We always strive to provide a great customer experience with Opendoor and your feedback is incredibly valuable to us. Thanks for taking the time to share!
Opendoor is rated 4.01 based on 751 reviews