Opendoor Reviews

84% of reviewers recommend Opendoor

About Opendoor: In 2014, we set out to reinvent life’s most important transaction with home sellers and buyers in mind. Since then, we’ve helped thousands of people sell their homes and move in one simple, seamless transaction.

Life’s biggest milestones come with a move. Whether you’re getting married, starting a family, or taking a new job, moving is a natural step towards your dream. But it isn’t easy. Each step is more stressful than the last, and sometimes it seems like everyone but you is in control of your destiny.

Opendoor is here to change that. From selling your current home to choosing your next one, we’ve revolutionized the process to put you at the center of your move. Because we believe only one person should be in charge of how your future unfolds, and that’s you.

Click Here

Tell us how Opendoor made you happy

Under an hour
"My experience was very positive. Everyone I came in contact was professional. I would recommend your company to. Anyone looking to sell their home."
That's wonderful feedback to hear, Walter! We always strive to provide a great customer experience with Opendoor and your feedback is incredibly valuable to us. Thanks for taking the time to share!
"We bought our first home through Opendoor & the experience was quick and easy. Their customer service was great, but their repair team was lacking. Everything started to fall apart after we moved in. Their new paint job started peeling in the first few days, the front door disintegrated when we tried installing new weather stripping. The garbage disposal failed within the first month. The houses "look" great, but it's all just a big bandaid covering a lot of issues. If buying from them, be prepared to have things go wrong & to fix a lot of issues."
Karyn, thank you for sharing your feedback with us. We are sorry we didn't meet your expectations and want to look into this. Please reach out at community@opendoor.com so we can investigate.
In what city did you work with Opendoor (e.g. Phoenix, Nashville)? Phoenix
"It seems that everytime we find a property, even one that has been on the market for months with no offers, and we put one on, all of the sudden there are 5 offers that came in suddenly. It feels like you want me to up my offer and that is something that I will not do. I am also finding houses a bit more expensive then other companies."
"Well, I heard back quickly once I submitted the online application. That part was really easy. When I heard back, it was with the offer. I couldn't believe it was that quick. However, all of the comps in my neighborhood were from over a year previously and the offer was $50,000 less than the market value of my home. The rep asked for pictures of the current comps that were just pulled on my home by my real estate agent showing the current value (I didn't tell her I was talking with opendoor :/ After sending the real time comps, I never heard back. Finally I followed up and he quickly sent over another offer. $48,000 below market. I guess this is how they make their $$$ offer way less and hike up the price when they sell it. I give them three stars for initial engagement and -2 star for laughable offers...both times."
We appreciate you taking some time to share your honest feedback. Please know that we have shared your insights with our internal teams. If you have any additional feedback you would like to share please email community@opendoor.com.
"Although it was a fairly easy process to sell my home to and buy one from OD there was some confusing parts. I will say that they will negotiate but you have to be on your P's and Q's throughout the process. I had to keep track of everything myself because I didn't always feel like they had my best interest at heart. Have to review the closing numbers carefully to make sure you're getting what was promised. I had to have them correct a few of the numbers or fight for what was promised. I had to continually remind them I was doing the trade in program. There were a lot of different contacts so that was confusing knowing who to ask about what. Overall I do recommend OD but they just need to button up some things with their process."
We truly appreciate you taking some time to share your honest feedback. Please know that your insights will be shared with our internal teams. If you have any additional feedback you would like to share please email community@opendoor.com.

We thank you for choosing Opendoor for such an important transaction.
In what city did you work with Opendoor (e.g. Phoenix, Nashville)? Gresham, Oregon
Your Name: Steven Jones
"We have purchased and sold residences several times previously. We tried OpenDoor because we were moving long-distance in mid-winter and had already purchased our next home. Selling quickly to OpenDoor avoided a couple of months loan payments, taxes, and utilities on the home. OpenDoor has a rigid purchase model with little flexibility. It is all done online. This made us somewhat uncomfortable. We knew the home needed some painting and a thorough cleaning. OpenDoor's inspection was thorough and found a few other things. OpenDoor's offer was fair. However, we were very surprised by the 6% fee they charged. Local Realtors only charge 5%. A disturbing aspect of selling to OpenDoor is you never see a company representative and you have NO ONE representing you or watching out for your interests as you would have with a Realtor. We also were passed from person to person, always by phone or email, as we proceeded thru the process. We were very disappointed in their choice of title company - Ticor. Ticor fees were almost double other local title companies and their agent became almost belligerent when I told her of comparable title company fees. We signed 5 days before closing because OpenDoor will not close until the house is empty. We had to sign on Thursday so we could be there when the packers came on Friday and Monday and the moving truck on Tuesday. The OpenDoor representative, who had no identification, came Tuesday evening to take pictures and collect the keys. We stayed in a motel that night. Closing was the next day while we were traveling. Another problem with Ticor, they did not promptly distribute the payouts. They took nearly 2 weeks to pay the final city utility bill, forcing us to pay it and look for a reimbursement, which, after a month, has yet to arrive. They also over-withheld on the home equity loan, causing the bank to have to send us a check the following month for the excess amount. I have NEVER had such problems with a title company before. In summary, if you need to sell a home quick and don't want to deal with repairs or showings, OpenDoor may be your ticket. Otherwise, use a GOOD Realtor who will assist you and ensure you get a fair price and a good title company. Remember, it is your choice."
(Portland) - Posted 8 months ago
In what city did you work with Opendoor (e.g. Phoenix, Nashville)? Phoenix
Your Name: Ronlin Consulting
"Set up of online account was a bit rough. Offers were fair and funds were received on closing day.Negatives, their Escrow/Title Company OS National is horrible to work with. Not enough experience and unprofessional. Use your own company right from the start if possible. Communications near closing are lacking."
(Phoenix) - Posted 8 months ago
Thank you for sharing your honest feedback. Please know that your insights have been shared internally and our teams are following up accordingly. If you have any additional insights you would like to share, feel free to email community@opendoor.com.
In what city did you work with Opendoor (e.g. Phoenix, Nashville)? Atlanta
"It’s a good option if you need to sell quickly. Our initial offer from Opendoor was quite generous, but in the end, after their ‘corrections’ we walked away with a paid-off mortgage and $260. Thos was after complaining that it wasn’t our fault that Opendoor’s market research was lacking. In the end this was fine for us since I needed to free up the VA loan to buy a new house, but if you’re looking to make a profit, go with the classic realtor process."
(ATL) - Posted 10 months ago