Prep Expert Reviews

Difficult
Read Prep Expert Reviews

support@prepexpert.com

Tell us how Prep Expert made you happy
My instructor during the 6 week course was Harsh Patel. He is a very good teacher who made the class interesting and fun. He would introduce a lot of participation which made the course more understanding. He has helped me a lot with understanding how to take an sat!
I think that this course is very helpful for those who are starting off practicing for the SAT. There are many practice exams and books that are given to start you off.
I think the course was helpful. Having access to the books was helpful. I liked my teacher a lot. The only complaints are that zoom classes are sort of boring especially after having a full year of them. Also, I have had some problems such as my homework not being graded and the feedback on the essays don't feel genuine because I have gotten the same feedback word for word on multiple essays.
This was overall a good course. You get many resources available to use such as books and question explanations. My instructor was available if we had any questions outside of class time and went over the majority of the questions people needed help on. They also have office hours available to ask questions one-on-one, but I didn't get a chance to use that. If you need help with general SAT test taking, this would be a good course for you, but if you need help on a specific topic such as math and the concepts specifically, I think a tutor that specializes with that subject would be better. If you plan on taking this course, be prepared to have time to complete many practice tests, because I think that is really what helps improve your score the most.
- THIS IS DETAILED REVIEW (INCLUDES TIPS) - First things first: Yes, it does help. IF you can commit. I got 130+ improvement on my final SAT and a got a relatively high score. HOWEVER, the class was only a part of it. I spent a lot of time studying. A LOT. And while I did see major improvements as I was taking this class, I think one of the biggest things about studying for the SAT and any standardized test in general is to dedicate a lot of time and effort while also studying smart. I think one of the things that may have prevent some of my peers from really maximizing the potential of the class is that they probably did not self study as much as others. The class provides you with a lot of great resources; the textbook is one of the MOST helpful ones out there. But it's up to you how you use them. The class and the instructors make this very clear, because it's very true. To be completely blunt, you could probably find a bunch of resources and textbooks elsewhere and compile them to find some of the similar strategies that the textbooks mention, but there are strategies in the Prep Expert textbooks that are kind of obscure -- mainly because it takes a degree of risk-taking for students to use them on the real test. BUT, if you try to use the strategies as you're doing practice tests, you can fine tune them to see which ones work for you and which ones don't. That, again, takes time and practice. As for the class itself, I had Miguel Chavira as my instructor, and it was okay. At some times, it was even fun. We had a really cool class dynamic, complete with the class clowns, the know-it-alls, the girls, etc. But, I will say that our shenanigans did sometimes get in the way of the course itself. A part of it, I will say, was my instructor's lack of ability to control the class. He would respond to our comments and then spiral out of control. In the end, we had a few classes where we would have to miss out on content or push it back. HERE'S AN IMPORTANT NOTE: The majority of the class content was just reviewing homework or going over the textbook content. To be honest, the reviewing homework part was the most helpful part BUT you can totally do that on your own by reading the answer explanations and figure it out yourself. But if you're the type that need concepts to be explained, then that section would be very helpful. Homework: Make sure to review after doing homework, or else it's pretty much useless. Also, take the essay tests more seriously. I made a mistake on my part by not doing that and I didn't do great on the essay. And finally: I would give a 3/5, but my score did improve a good amount, and I will attribute a part of that to the course. Hope people found this helpful
Harsh Patel is a great guy who works hard to get kids to do well on these college entrance exam. He has a young mind which adds a lot and I hope PrepExpert uses more young tutors in the future.
My instructor, Harsh Patel, made class fun and entertaining and helpful at the same time. Thank you!
Prep Expert and my instructors, have been INCREDIBLE in helping me increase my SAT and PSAT scores. The various strategies and tips provided by my instructors and the prep expert books have been integral in my score improvement. Will definitely be recommending Prep Expert to my friends!
Harsh Patel is a very good ex plainer.
Very worthwhile.
The teacher was great, but some of the work was a bit repetitive.
Harsh was a pretty good instructor. He could have been a bit better.
The course is very helpful and made sense of topics that had been vaguely addressed. It was very structured and made studying for the ACT feel productive.
My instructor was Shriie Ganesh and she's very helpful and always answered any questions someone had. However, my score did not improve that much and I felt like the strategies did not really help.
Miguel chavira and Maria luo help me with S.A.T by giving me strats and advice for the test
I took a prep expert ACT course. My instructor's name was Daniel Lee, and I must say, he was quite an enjoyable teacher. He was easygoing, understanding, and actually provided useful tips. The course as a whole was fairly rigorous, with much more work than I expected. I definitely feel as though I learned a good deal, but the amount of stress that came along with the course was frustrating. Trying to meet deadlines was sometimes a challenge, but overall, Daniel Lee was an amazing teacher who made class very entertaining. He is more in touch with the current generation, so his sensibilities and sense of humor are perfect for students currently in high school. In addition, his ability to explain topics and specific questions was impressive. He went into great detail when giving lessons and explaining why answer choices are right or wrong. Anytime someone had a question in the chat, he would always address it and provide a good answer. 10/10 IGN, would recommend.
Did a 6 week prep course with Daniel Lee as my teacher. He was an amazing teacher but the sheer degree of the workload caused me to focus less on learning the material. Instead I was moreover focused/worried on finishing the work itself instead of absorbing the info given.
Prep Expert provided me with a litany of tests to practice on. In addition, Prep Expert has over-competent teachers curated around the nation that tailor their teaching style to you. My teacher Daniel Lee was relatable and masterful in his teaching abilities.
I had Daniel Lee as my instructor, and I absolutely loved him! He was so engaging and made learning fun. However, there was so homework where towards the middle of the course I had little motivation. But Daniel Lee was amazing, and he gave great tips that really helped me to improve.
I did the 6-week SAT prep course, and all the strategies I learned were very helpful. However, I must say that there is a huge courseload and I was not able to complete all the homework and practice tests. It would be better to take it during a time in the year when you have less school-related commitments so you can dedicate more time to the coursework. Without completing all of the work, the course is not as helpful, and the huge amount of work does make it more difficult to catch up. My instructor was Daniel Lee, and he is very engaging, funny, and motivating! He made sure to answer every question a student asked and explained all the prep expert strategies in an understandable way. He also shared some tips that he's learned from taking the SAT, which were helpful. I would definitely recommend him as an instructor!
Prep Expert is rated 4.68 based on 3,522 reviews