Prep Expert Reviews

Read Prep Expert Reviews

(877) 345-7737

support@prepexpert.com

Tell us how Prep Expert made you happy
They give great strategies that are helpful for the test.
It was OK. Some of their strategies are great.
I enjoyed the 6-week Flagship SAT Prep Course. Starting with a PSAT score of 1180 (converted to a 1290 on the SAT scale), I ended up with a 1400. Before I started the course, though, I took a practice test or two and got a 1320-1380, so I was already close to my final score. One thing I absolutely LOVE about Prep Expert is that since I didn’t improve by 200 points, I got 100% of my money back. SAT courses can be extremely expensive and in my family’s financial situation, I hated to have to ask my parents to enroll me. The 200-point guarantee is awesome and offers so much ease: if you don’t improve your previous score by 200 points, you are completely refunded as long as you complete all the requirements (which is not missing too many classes/homework, detailed info is in the FAQ section).

I had Miguel Chavira as my instructor, and I genuinely loved him! He’s super personable and makes the class fun. If we had any additional questions, he would gladly go over them as thoroughly as he could. Once when he couldn’t make a class for whatever reason, we had Harsh Patel as our instructor for two classes. He was fine, but compared to Chavira, his teaching style wasn’t as helpful. Patel would only go over the most requested questions for the sake of time, which I understand completely, but what’s the point of a class if I can’t get at least a bit of personalized instruction… Just a bit. I would be confused about a question and couldn’t even have it answered or explained quickly. Chavira was able to go over questions as much as we wanted (for the most part), so not sure why Patel wouldn’t. Also, just in general, Chavira was really receptive to what students would say and I really enjoyed him as a teacher. It was easy to see that he genuinely wanted to help us and would give us tips and tricks often.

I didn’t particularly like the way essays were graded. I didn’t even take the SAT essay, so I can’t say that the class helped me with it, but my grades for class seemed to be on an upwards incline. I don’t know if the same person grades the essays, or if it’s a different person every time, but I never liked the feedback I got. The grader would often just say “use the essay template” without any true criticism on what could be improved so I never knew what to change besides the structure. Out of all the essays, most of my feedback would have parts copy and pasted saying the same thing (use the template, refer to the prep expert essay book, etc). The essay strategies we were taught definitely helped, so it’s good they remind you to use their tips, but still. It just isn’t enough.

If anyone reading this is concerned about the 3-hour duration of the class twice a week, I felt the same way initially. I thought I would fall asleep or that my very short attention span would get the best of me. Well, it actually didn’t feel long at all and my class was from 7:30 pm to 10:30 pm! It goes by pretty quickly and you get 1-2 breaks. The main aspects of the class that I liked were the homework and test requirements each week. I personally would set aside every Sunday to do an SAT practice test. Yes, it was certainly annoying because these tests are not at all short; but, in the end, consistently taking tests familiarizes you with the SAT and makes you more comfortable facing questions. It’s the most important thing to do when studying for the SAT/ACT, alongside going over your weaknesses. I knew without a prep course and without the requirement to take tests, I would have zero inclination to do so. If you’re like that, I really recommend taking this course so you have an obligation to do the work. Again, I loved Mr. Chavira and definitely recommend him.
My main reasons for taking off two stars: didn’t improve by much and the essay grading. My review is mostly positive, but those two factors are extremely important, especially the first one because, well, that’s the point of the course.

To end, this isn’t course-related, but I loved Prep Expert’s customer service. I had to contact customer service twice because something wouldn’t submit, and even though the FAQ says they won’t accommodate you, they still helped me!! I was so scared I wouldn’t meet the requirements for the 200-point guarantee, but whenever I had a problem and explained it, personnel would help solve my issues. I appreciate you, Kelly G and Ryan Q!
It was a difficult class, but it was worth it because I learned a lot and improved my act score.
The class was not as interactive and actually physically as helpful as it could have been. I would also rather that the recorded classes be available for a longer period of time. In certain ways the class was helpful but the means of educating us about the content was lacking. I feel that it was boring even though it could have been more interesting, as I recall fa;;ing asleep a few times during the lessons.
The price was good and Daniel Lee is a great teacher. The price is good but I wish the videos to explain the answers were provided. Some wrong answers were not able to be reviewed.
Daniel LEE
Jacob Harrison was a great instructor and very good at engaging the class. He was very interactive and overall just a very good teacher.
I had Daniel Lee and Kevin Parrish as TA, and the class was decent. I thought it was a bit repetitive, and Daniel did get distracted quite a bit. Kevin, however, was much more effective when teaching(he took over as the main teacher a few times). Overall, I would definitely agree that my knowledge of the SAT increased a lot, but it may not be worth it for everyone. You can get the same result by doing lots of online research and buying proper books for less than $100.
My course was instructed by Daniel Lee and Kevin Parrish as TA. I thought that the course is very informative and the strategies were very helpful. One negative aspect about the course is that I noticed that at some moments, Daniel was playing video games, and he was immersed in that.
I liked the course, especially Daniel Lee is a great teacher.
I had SAT prep class with Daniel Lee and Jacob Harrison. I did not benefit from the teaching of this class, the only thing that helped me was the homework and the practice tests.
Shaun I really liked the curriculum, but was disappointed with Ms Celina Paudel. She is not engaging, low in energy, has time management issues, wastes unnecessary time on each question. She always has technical difficulties with her WiFi, she spent 10 minutes of each & every class fixing her WiFi. Please choose some other teacher's class, NOT of Ms Celina Paudel.
It was very insightful into how the test works, but it is a whole lot to do on top of school. Really stressful in my opinion and I found it kind of difficult to keep my grades at the same level when I was constantly stressing about keeping up with the class so my parents could get the guarantee.
Daniel Lee was a great instructor who taught me well but I feel like I didn't really learn anything from him that the book didn't already teach me.
My instructor was Will York. Nice guy and knows what he is doing but the course he taught gave us way too much homework. I often would find myself not sleeping until 3 AM in order to finish the homework and practice tests on time, many times unfortunately failing to do so. This class is a poor choice for someone who regularly has lots of school homework and takes difficult classes during the year.
My teacher was Will York. Overall I had an okay experience; the homework and test load was perfect however a lot of what we went over during class was rather basic and did not help me improve much.
My instructor was great and taught a lot. I didn't have much improvement though and this is a huge time commitment. I would really look into all the fine print and mandatory things there are in this course to obtain the guarantee because it's likely you won't get it with everything required.
My instructor was Daniel Lee. He was very engaging and made the course fun. I personally don't feel this course helped me due to my learning style but overall it gave a lot of tools you can use.
very good material