Prep Expert Reviews

Read Prep Expert Reviews

(877) 345-7737

support@prepexpert.com

Tell us how Prep Expert made you happy
Really unorganized. We signed up for an older, experienced teacher's class and they gave us a college freshman (Nishi) without telling us. I feel bad writing this review, but from a student/customer's point of view, she was really lethargic and showed no enthusiasm. Also, she couldn't answer questions coherently (she keeps using the word like) and sometimes couldn't answer them at all. I had better solutions than her and the TA. If you are normally a high achieving student then I would just recommend self studying. We covered EXTREMELY basic math. Waste of time.

We switched to a private tutor along the way (Rainbow) because the classes were just so ineffective. She was a Harvard student so we thought she would be reliable. She rescheduled our meetings three times- twice the day before between 11pm and 12am and once the morning of at the time we were supposed to meet. She didn't prepare for our meetings even though she claimed she needed my work ahead of time to prepare. She couldn't solve some of my problems, forgot some basic equations, and made mistakes that I caught for her. She just showed up at the meetings. Once in her bed, and another time outside of the house and she didn't even have scrap paper ready. Again, I sort of feel bad writing this and couldn't say this to her directly but this tutoring experience was really ineffective and not worth it.

I am really disappointed in the customer service at Prep Expert and the quality of the teachers. They honestly just want your money. The strategies are not even that good. I ended up researching some good SAT books and studying on my own. Also, be careful because their 200 point increase guarantee is only if you have below some score in the 1200s. If you already have above that, they only let you qualify for the 1480 guarantee. From my experiences,s I would definitely not recommend working with Prep Expert.
Hello. We are sorry to hear about your experience with this instructor and our company. We're not sure what went wrong here, as we spend a great deal of time hiring qualified instructors and tutors. As noted, one was a 99th percentile scorer from Harvard and the other a 99th percentile scorer from Princeton. We try our best to make sure every student who works with us has a great experience, and given that we have so many positive reviews on this site, we want to learn more and see what we can do to help remedy this situation immediately. Please contact support@prepexpert.com and reference this message and let's see if we can try and fix this negative experience.
Poor communication. I signed up with a specific teacher and it was switched. They failed to reach out and inform me of the change and did not refund even before the second class started. Prep Expert is underdeveloped and unprofessional. If you contact Prep Expert by phone call, you can hear the disorganization in the background. I only gave PrepExpert a try because of overall good reviews on this certain teacher that I was not able to receive. Ultimately, I was better off self-studying. I did attend a few classes since I was not refunded, and I am disappointed at the amount of wasted time in the class session. The class is 3 hours long and twice a week for this certain SAT prep class. Within the 3 hours, 1 hour is a slideshow with vocabulary words and their definitions. Another hour and a half is spent reviewing the easiest questions which the tutor takes a long time to answer. If you are a student, you don't have 3 hours to spare for slow lectures! Prep Expert is truly time wasted.
I was initially supposed to have Ben Smith as my instructor, I picked Ben based on his reviews. However, I was assigned Justin Tandon as my instructor. I felt that I was cheated because he is not competent at all. He never responded to my emails specifically math related questions. After 6 weeks, I feel that I am not fully ready for the SAT in October. The last two lessons were replaced by another instructor, Nishi Patel. She was fantastic and extremely helpful.
Impossible to log in and use the dashboard. Contacted customer service multiple times for supprt and help and requested a refund. No response. $599 down the hole. Thinking this was a scam.
nothing worked, costumer service was terrible and the class had over 130 kids so you had no time to ask a question. it was like watching a youtube video but they put practice test in the video periodically. Not worth one penny of yours.
This was a horrible course. My daughters SAT score went down. Customer service rep was very defensive and knew exactly what he was going to tell me as to why the money back guarantee wasn't going to be an option for us. I was very disappointed.
My child only scored 10 points more than before Prep Expert individual tutoring that cost $2200. I was told AFTER the poor improvement that my child did not complete all the practice test or finish all the reading.

I was told that Prep Expert takes no responsibility to inform the parent if the child is not progressing through the program but they sure take responsibility for taking my money.

The private tutor and my child decided what to study instead of involving the parent who paid for the program. I was extremely disappointed in this program, especially when I paid $2200.

I was offered no financial compensation from this company after several emails back and forth with directors about the score and lack of communication with the parent.
My daughter took the SAT course and her score did not improve at all. We were very disappointed and had been hoping for the 200 point increase that they promised. She is an excellent student, attended all but one class (she was sick) and took the practice tests. The teacher did not seem helpful when my daughter said her scores were staying the same. The company has been difficult about honoring their money back guarantee and needed proof of her score before taking the class (this is in their fine print). As she had not taken the test before the class this was not possible. Save your money and take a better class!!!
My daughter spent hours and hours completing her online SAT course and her score went from a 1320 to a 1370. When I requested my refund I was denied because she had not submitted all the essays for the essay portion of the test. The Essays have nothing to do with the standardized score. We were not at all interested in the Essay feedback. So on a technicality, TestPrep is keeping our money. It is a scam!
The most unorganized program and unhelpful for high achieving students.
We took the 6 week course . First things first, first day the class was take by a temporary staff as the faculty assigned to the course could didn't turn up.
Course asks the students to write essays which are not mandatory as most college don't ask for essays. Assignments submitted are not acknowledged and no feedback is given about the tests. The money back guarantee or score increase is a scam and there is always the hidden clause... Out of batch of 60 students not sure how many students actually got the desired score or return of the fees. Stay away from scamsters and avoid this course like plague. Waste of Money and more that is sheer waste of Time. Don't get pulled in my name's dropping of Shark Tank investment.
Chelsea was my teacher. She was not very good at getting to the point because she talked too much. very boring and not able to keep the attention of students. We had 2 different substitutes and they were both better. I learned much more with them and we got through more material. shes also a vegan so you have to take that into account.
Shaun I really liked the curriculum, but was disappointed with Ms Celina Paudel. She is not engaging, low in energy, has time management issues, wastes unnecessary time on each question. She always has technical difficulties with her WiFi, she spent 10 minutes of each & every class fixing her WiFi. Please choose some other teacher's class, NOT of Ms Celina Paudel.
My son didn't get higher score as advertised, in fact his SAT score dropped almost 200 points after taking the class. The class isn't helpful for every student. I am waiting and hoping they will refund based on their promise when we sign up. Will update review as soon as I hear back from them.
Hello!

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with feedback and I'm sorry we couldn't help your student improve their score. When we receive your scores in the mail we will do the audit immediately so we can explore more options to get your score up to where you want! If you have any questions about the refund process please feel free to reach out to us at support@prepexpert.com or 877.345.7737.
Overall the class provided great materials and the textbooks were very helpful however i felt that at times the class was a waste of time. The instructor simply read slides and criticized students when they had questions, blaming it on their lack of attention rather than explaining. Felt more like a chore than an interesting learning experience:(
Hello! Thank you for your feedback and I'm glad you enjoyed the class overall. I'm sorry you felt the instructor wasn't engaging. It is our mission to help student change their lives by changing their scores. I hope the methods we taught you will be a benefit on test day! Good luck!
This course could be very beneficial to someone who is looking to get a higher score on the SAT, HOWEVER, it is an unrealistic course. To expect a teenager to pay attention attention for three hours, twice a week, and complete an absurd amount of homework while they are also dealing with school work is crazy. You may think you are up to the task but it is much more work than one can fathom. Sign up at your own risk!
My daughter completed the 6 week course, and we paid 699.00. It was with a guarantee that she score in the 99th percentile. No tutor showed up on the 1st day of class, so they had to reschedule to a different date. This date caused her to miss work, thus out more money. She did improve, but did not score in the 99th percentile. When I called to get a refund, they advised that I was outside my 30 day window to do so, so no refund would be given. They can inconvenience you and cause you to lose money to re-schedule when their moderator does not show up, but they are exact on the 30 day window, and that is even with documents t hat have to be snail mailed. GO WITH OTHER COMPANIES, same results but better reviews.
I had a great time learning from Prep Expert! I went into the course knowing very little about the ACT, causing me to struggle a little at the beginning. As the course went on, I gained confidence and the skills to take the test efficiently. If I were to have any complaints it would be that the course gets repetitive and the math review is a little spotty with them not covering complex enough topics while driving easy ones into the ground. My instructor Will York was very good at giving in-depth explanations, which were especially helpful in difficult math problems
Prep Expert genuinely helped a lot with my score and I am grateful to my instructor Nishi Patel for that. I always felt that although I was able to get good grades in school, my SAT scores were simply not reflecting my intelligence and capability. However, Prep Expert taught such easy and helpful strategies, especially for the reading and writing section, and I feel that I am so much more confident after the 6 week course and seeing tremendous improvement.
Customer Service was the worst I have ever dealt with. I would never deal with this company again, even if they offered the services for free. For a company that is highly publicized, I am very unhappy. Upon asking questions, I feel I was talked down upon, and then when I finally had enough, I was told they would only refund 1/2 of my payment. I definitely would not buy into the hype of this company. It will be a very costly mistake!!!
Prep Expert is rated 4.64 based on 2,607 reviews