Prep Expert Reviews

Read Prep Expert Reviews

(877) 345-7737

support@prepexpert.com

Tell us how Prep Expert made you happy
I am not at all satisfied with the approach of Prep Experts. They guarantee the score improvement of 200 points but they only consider the official test given by you before the course and after the course is taken. If you didn't give any official test before the course started they can not evaluate your improvement. I was asking them to compare the Prep Expert test score in the first week of the course with the last week Prep Expert course test score, but they said 'No'. My son only improved 100+ score in that 6 weeks against their guarantee of 200 points improvement.
Also after they write the test every week during the course there was no feedback on improvement areas. They never consult my son telling him where he needs to focus on. and their argument on this is they don't pay personal attention in group class, we need to buy private courses if we need that facility. Then what's the point in taking test every week during the course if they are not going to provide feedback. At least once during they course they should have discuss the gaps that students need to focus on.
This is so waste of money, if I would have known that this kind of coaching is given then we would have learnt from various online videos available on internet. This expensive, valueless coaching was not needed at all.
This is a very much commercial activity where there is no intention to deliver any service to student to improve their score and just a money making process. As you all can see its refund and return policies are mentioned as "Difficult".
I am totally disappointed with the service of Prep Expert and would not recommend it to anyone and I am going to put my review everywhere in social media.
Although the teacher Daniel Lee was very helpful, too much of a workload in the given amount of time. Very unreasonable
Hi!

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience with Prep Expert and I'm glad you enjoyed Daniel as your instructor.

The SAT is a difficult test, which is why out course is intense. I know if you apply the hard work you put in on the course to the official exam you will get the score you need to get into the college of your dreams!

Keep on practicing and applying those strategies. They really work!
My son didn't get higher score as advertised, in fact his SAT score dropped almost 200 points after taking the class. The class isn't helpful for every student. I am waiting and hoping they will refund based on their promise when we sign up. Will update review as soon as I hear back from them.
Hello!

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with feedback and I'm sorry we couldn't help your student improve their score. When we receive your scores in the mail we will do the audit immediately so we can explore more options to get your score up to where you want! If you have any questions about the refund process please feel free to reach out to us at support@prepexpert.com or 877.345.7737.
From the parent:
* After completing the course, my daughter did not achieve the guaranteed result. Because she had a 1320 on her previous SAT, Prep Expert "guaranteed" a 150 pt increase and she achieved an 80 pt increase.
* Prep Expert declined to honor the guarantee and refund the price I paid for two reasons:
1) ONE of the essay's as part of ONE of the SIX practice tests was late (note that essays DO NOT count toward you SAT score) and
2) she missed answering the tutoring session poll questions by 1% (79% vs required 80%)
* I wrote to Prep Expert customer service explaining the neither of their reasons for not honoring their guarantee impacted my daughter's actual SAT score but they are very rigid and lack a customer-first mindset. For the above reasons, I would not recommend Prep Expert.

From the student:
* Too much of the online tutoring sessions were spent reviewing questions she did not miss.
* Customer service was slow.
Hello Bill,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback. I'm sorry we couldn't help your student improve her score and I completely understand your frustration. We do everything we can to help students understand the course requirements before the course starts, which includes asking students to watch a course introduction video as part of their first homework assignments. The 6 hour time frame rule and poll questions are both mentioned in the video. The instructor also opens the floor to questions about the requirements after the video is viewed in class 1.

I know you are disappointed and completely frustrated with Prep Expert. Even though your student did not meet the requirements for a refund, we did offer a free 6-week Flagship course to help them get to the score they need to get into the college of their dreams. That offer is still on the table. Please reach out to us anytime and we can help you get re-enrolled.

-The Prep Expert Customer Support Team
Very harsh service and not lenient at all. They ignore the comments when a student is genuinely confused.
Thank you for your feedback and I'm sorry you were ignored when you had questions. We work really hard with our instructors to address as many questions as they can during the 3 hour class. I would like to hear more about your experience in class and your thoughts on how we can help our instructors answer every question. Please send me an email at support@prepexpert.com or give us a call at 877.345.7737 and press 2 when prompted.

I look forward to discussing this with you and I'm very excited to hear your thoughts on how we can improve!
Totally waste of time and shitload of money.
Hello Shaheer. We are sorry to hear that you were unhappy with our course. We want to do whatever we can to help. Please contact our customer service at support@prepexpert.com so that we can discuss your specific feedback and reach a resolution.
We took the 6 week course . First things first, first day the class was take by a temporary staff as the faculty assigned to the course could didn't turn up.
Course asks the students to write essays which are not mandatory as most college don't ask for essays. Assignments submitted are not acknowledged and no feedback is given about the tests. The money back guarantee or score increase is a scam and there is always the hidden clause... Out of batch of 60 students not sure how many students actually got the desired score or return of the fees. Stay away from scamsters and avoid this course like plague. Waste of Money and more that is sheer waste of Time. Don't get pulled in my name's dropping of Shark Tank investment.
My daughter completed the 6 week course, and we paid 699.00. It was with a guarantee that she score in the 99th percentile. No tutor showed up on the 1st day of class, so they had to reschedule to a different date. This date caused her to miss work, thus out more money. She did improve, but did not score in the 99th percentile. When I called to get a refund, they advised that I was outside my 30 day window to do so, so no refund would be given. They can inconvenience you and cause you to lose money to re-schedule when their moderator does not show up, but they are exact on the 30 day window, and that is even with documents t hat have to be snail mailed. GO WITH OTHER COMPANIES, same results but better reviews.
The most unorganized program and unhelpful for high achieving students.
Poor communication. I signed up with a specific teacher and it was switched. They failed to reach out and inform me of the change and did not refund even before the second class started. Prep Expert is underdeveloped and unprofessional. If you contact Prep Expert by phone call, you can hear the disorganization in the background. I only gave PrepExpert a try because of overall good reviews on this certain teacher that I was not able to receive. Ultimately, I was better off self-studying. I did attend a few classes since I was not refunded, and I am disappointed at the amount of wasted time in the class session. The class is 3 hours long and twice a week for this certain SAT prep class. Within the 3 hours, 1 hour is a slideshow with vocabulary words and their definitions. Another hour and a half is spent reviewing the easiest questions which the tutor takes a long time to answer. If you are a student, you don't have 3 hours to spare for slow lectures! Prep Expert is truly time wasted.
This was a horrible course. My daughters SAT score went down. Customer service rep was very defensive and knew exactly what he was going to tell me as to why the money back guarantee wasn't going to be an option for us. I was very disappointed.
Really unorganized. We signed up for an older, experienced teacher's class and they gave us a college freshman (Nishi) without telling us. I feel bad writing this review, but from a student/customer's point of view, she was really lethargic and showed no enthusiasm. Also, she couldn't answer questions coherently (she keeps using the word like) and sometimes couldn't answer them at all. I had better solutions than her and the TA. If you are normally a high achieving student then I would just recommend self studying. We covered EXTREMELY basic math. Waste of time.

We switched to a private tutor along the way (Rainbow) because the classes were just so ineffective. She was a Harvard student so we thought she would be reliable. She rescheduled our meetings three times- twice the day before between 11pm and 12am and once the morning of at the time we were supposed to meet. She didn't prepare for our meetings even though she claimed she needed my work ahead of time to prepare. She couldn't solve some of my problems, forgot some basic equations, and made mistakes that I caught for her. She just showed up at the meetings. Once in her bed, and another time outside of the house and she didn't even have scrap paper ready. Again, I sort of feel bad writing this and couldn't say this to her directly but this tutoring experience was really ineffective and not worth it.

I am really disappointed in the customer service at Prep Expert and the quality of the teachers. They honestly just want your money. The strategies are not even that good. I ended up researching some good SAT books and studying on my own. Also, be careful because their 200 point increase guarantee is only if you have below some score in the 1200s. If you already have above that, they only let you qualify for the 1480 guarantee. From my experiences,s I would definitely not recommend working with Prep Expert.
Hello. We are sorry to hear about your experience with this instructor and our company. We're not sure what went wrong here, as we spend a great deal of time hiring qualified instructors and tutors. As noted, one was a 99th percentile scorer from Harvard and the other a 99th percentile scorer from Princeton. We try our best to make sure every student who works with us has a great experience, and given that we have so many positive reviews on this site, we want to learn more and see what we can do to help remedy this situation immediately. Please contact support@prepexpert.com and reference this message and let's see if we can try and fix this negative experience.
PARENTS Please do not waste your hard earning money. I wasted my money and I couldn't get back. They don't focus or care on students subject and improvement. This place is not worth for education, money and time.
This is a misleading review based on information the reviewer is not providing; this parent has been in contact with our Customer Service department and was informed that his son did not complete all of the required Practice Tests and Homework Essays. Because of this work not being completed and turned in on time, he is ineligible for a refund as per our stated Terms of Service.
I was initially supposed to have Ben Smith as my instructor, I picked Ben based on his reviews. However, I was assigned Justin Tandon as my instructor. I felt that I was cheated because he is not competent at all. He never responded to my emails specifically math related questions. After 6 weeks, I feel that I am not fully ready for the SAT in October. The last two lessons were replaced by another instructor, Nishi Patel. She was fantastic and extremely helpful.
Impossible to log in and use the dashboard. Contacted customer service multiple times for supprt and help and requested a refund. No response. $599 down the hole. Thinking this was a scam.
nothing worked, costumer service was terrible and the class had over 130 kids so you had no time to ask a question. it was like watching a youtube video but they put practice test in the video periodically. Not worth one penny of yours.
I do no like this program because I choose ACT live for $1099 and after 2 month when I go to class I’m the building they said the class is canceled. I was so ready to learn and I pay a lot money for this but they said there no student enough so they have to cancel like why?! How about for peoples who want to learn live because it’s better for them. I don’t like this they need to be more loyalty. They need to give great education to student as a cost. Is not easy to get money!!
The way this company does business is awful. They cancelled my in person class a week before it was to start because they did not have enough enrollment. In the meantime we have made our summer travel schedules and other commitments. This is very unprofessional and I would think twice before relying on Prep Expert as they may leave you high and dry. None of the alternate options they offered work for our situation.
My child only scored 10 points more than before Prep Expert individual tutoring that cost $2200. I was told AFTER the poor improvement that my child did not complete all the practice test or finish all the reading.

I was told that Prep Expert takes no responsibility to inform the parent if the child is not progressing through the program but they sure take responsibility for taking my money.

The private tutor and my child decided what to study instead of involving the parent who paid for the program. I was extremely disappointed in this program, especially when I paid $2200.

I was offered no financial compensation from this company after several emails back and forth with directors about the score and lack of communication with the parent.
We wasted 1000$ going to this institute, it is completely waste and not worth for 1000$. Please don't waste your money going to this institute.
Prep Expert is rated 4.64 based on 2,607 reviews