Prep Expert Reviews

Read Prep Expert Reviews

(877) 345-7737

support@prepexpert.com

Tell us how Prep Expert made you happy
My experience was decent, I personally didn't like the teaching style of my prep expert teacher. He often kept on talking about things that distracted me from learning. His jokes and memes were lame and found myself bored very often resulting in me ending up playing games on my phone or browsing social media. It was really hard to pay attention in my instructors class. The website and accessibility are really good but I wish I chose a different instructor.
Hi Shahpur!

Thank you for providing us feedback about your instructor and experience with the course. Our instructors attempt to connect with students on a variety of levels to help make SAT prep more engaging. It sounds like your instructor fell short and for that, I apologize.

I'm glad you enjoyed the platform though!

If you would like to provide us with more details about your experience, please send us an email to support@prepexpert.com.

Thank you again for taking the time to provide us feedback about your course and good luck on your next exam!
The only benefits I gained from this program was the accessibility to useful textbooks, practice tests, and accountability to study. Daniel Lee, my instructor, strayed off topic way too often. I often times found myself off task from the unnecessary commentary from our teacher. When I commented a specific question, it would often result in a "you should know this already" or if I was lucky, a brief and rushed response that didn't help. I am sure that independent study after this course will be necessary to achieve the score I'm after. If a student needs outside pressure to study, this course could help. However, if a student is independent and requires direct tutoring, another course would be more helpful.
Hi!

Thank you for taking the time to provide us feedback about your instructor and I'm sorry your experience wasn't great. We train our instructors to fully answer every test prep question that comes their way. Also, we want to make sure our instructors connect with their class. This often takes a little straying from time to time.

Again, I'm sorry your experience wasn't great. We sincerely hope you do great on your next exam!
My teacher was Daniel Lee. He wasn't a bad teacher, but I feel that a lot of time was wasted due to small talk and unnecessary jokes. Effectively, it was only 2 hours and 10 mins of teaching. Additionally, I felt as though I did not get enough help for math. The practice tests, homework, and books were very useful though.
Thank you for taking the time to provide us feedback about your experience with your course and instructor. I'm sorry you felt class time wasn't wisely spent. Our instructors do their best to balance out time spent on instruction and connecting with their students on a personal level. It's important they do both to not only teach you the material but to also make class as a whole interesting and fun. Good luck on your follow up exam and let us know how you do!
Hi, my teacher was Olivia Owens. She was very very nice and I loved her jokes and her personality. She genuinely tried to help everyone and always answered questions. The practice tests and homework tests were useful, but the majority of the class was a waste of time. I don't know if my parents should've spend a whole lot of money on this course, when there are cheaper, maybe better ones out there. The whole reason they spent that much money on the course is because it was supposed to be more than helpful. Wouldn't recommend.
Hi! Thank you for choosing Prep Expert and for your feedback about the course. I'm happy you felt the instructor was helpful! We are always looking for ways to improve our courses. When you get a moment, can you send us an email at support@prepexpert.com and expand on your review?

Again, thank you for your feedback and I look forward to hearing more about your experience with Prep Expert!
Hi! The course was really bad. My teacher was Clay, he was very sweet but he would never answer questions he would always say I told you that earlier there is nothing wrong in answering a question twice. And this course didn't help my score in any way. I did all my essays but since I was having bad wifi connection one day, I couldn't submit one of the essays of the test and now they are saying I am out of the guarantee. How is that fair? An organization should understand a customer but they clearly don't. I mean the customer service people were very nice but they just don't understand me.
Overall the class provided great materials and the textbooks were very helpful however i felt that at times the class was a waste of time. The instructor simply read slides and criticized students when they had questions, blaming it on their lack of attention rather than explaining. Felt more like a chore than an interesting learning experience:(
Hello! Thank you for your feedback and I'm glad you enjoyed the class overall. I'm sorry you felt the instructor wasn't engaging. It is our mission to help student change their lives by changing their scores. I hope the methods we taught you will be a benefit on test day! Good luck!
They used the wrong rubric to score the essays. One of the main reasons I took the course was to improve my essay, so this whole part was useless. I told them early on about this but they never fixed it. I ended up having my English teacher score my essays using the right scoring guide. I feel like a lot of this course was just copy and pasted from the SAT course and there weren't different strategies specific to the ACT. Olivia was nice, but she kind of just read off the slides instead of talking to us.
My son took PrepExpert class for SAT and out of the 6 sessions, half was spent on essay writing when only a few colleges require the essay! I did not feel that he benefitted from it.
I don't think the strategies help very much. I think it would be more helpful to teach more actual math content such as completing the square, triangles etc. Instead of just saying "you'll need to know these things" However, my instructor Dan was very good, I liked him a lot.
My son did this class and he had OK experience, but his score on the week 1 test was 50 point greater than Week 5 test (progressively reduce) and I am wondering did the techniques they taught is reversely affecting his score.
Chelsea was my teacher. She was not very good at getting to the point because she talked too much. very boring and not able to keep the attention of students. We had 2 different substitutes and they were both better. I learned much more with them and we got through more material. shes also a vegan so you have to take that into account.
The proctor pressured the students to finish the practice tests to fit her personal schedule. Even though in person class size was great with only 4 students yet my daughter could not be given opportunity to ask enough questions. It was pure business once you registered and paid the money it was a done dealI gave 2 stars because of good class size and nice location for the classes but that's about it.Honestly my daughter's scores were better before taking this course. I would recommend that you can study and take practice tests on your own far better way.
The process was long and boring, with the class being too expensive. The website is hard to use, impossible to find essay prompts and vocab words. It's nearly impossible to gauge how well you'll do on the SAT with these classes, and throughout the practice exams my own scores have not improved. If you are already a high performing student, it's best to not waste the thousand dollars on this six weeks of pure boredom.
Prep Expert is rated 4.64 based on 2,611 reviews