Prep Expert Reviews

95% of reviewers recommend Prep Expert
Telephone, Live Chat

How would you rate Prep Expert ?

"This was a horrible course. My daughters SAT score went down. Customer service rep was very defensive and knew exactly what he was going to tell me as to why the money back guarantee wasn't going to be an option for us. I was very disappointed."
"I had a great time learning from Prep Expert! I went into the course knowing very little about the ACT, causing me to struggle a little at the beginning. As the course went on, I gained confidence and the skills to take the test efficiently. If I were to have any complaints it would be that the course gets repetitive and the math review is a little spotty with them not covering complex enough topics while driving easy ones into the ground. My instructor Will York was very good at giving in-depth explanations, which were especially helpful in difficult math problems"
"Really unorganized. We signed up for an older, experienced teacher's class and they gave us a college freshman (Nishi) without telling us. I feel bad writing this review, but from a student/customer's point of view, she was really lethargic and showed no enthusiasm. Also, she couldn't answer questions coherently (she keeps using the word like) and sometimes couldn't answer them at all. I had better solutions than her and the TA. If you are normally a high achieving student then I would just recommend self studying. We covered EXTREMELY basic math. Waste of time. We switched to a private tutor along the way (Rainbow) because the classes were just so ineffective. She was a Harvard student so we thought she would be reliable. She rescheduled our meetings three times- twice the day before between 11pm and 12am and once the morning of at the time we were supposed to meet. She didn't prepare for our meetings even though she claimed she needed my work ahead of time to prepare. She couldn't solve some of my problems, forgot some basic equations, and made mistakes that I caught for her. She just showed up at the meetings. Once in her bed, and another time outside of the house and she didn't even have scrap paper ready. Again, I sort of feel bad writing this and couldn't say this to her directly but this tutoring experience was really ineffective and not worth it. I am really disappointed in the customer service at Prep Expert and the quality of the teachers. They honestly just want your money. The strategies are not even that good. I ended up researching some good SAT books and studying on my own. Also, be careful because their 200 point increase guarantee is only if you have below some score in the 1200s. If you already have above that, they only let you qualify for the 1480 guarantee. From my experiences,s I would definitely not recommend working with Prep Expert."
Hello. We are sorry to hear about your experience with this instructor and our company. We're not sure what went wrong here, as we spend a great deal of time hiring qualified instructors and tutors. As noted, one was a 99th percentile scorer from Harvard and the other a 99th percentile scorer from Princeton. We try our best to make sure every student who works with us has a great experience, and given that we have so many positive reviews on this site, we want to learn more and see what we can do to help remedy this situation immediately. Please contact support@prepexpert.com and reference this message and let's see if we can try and fix this negative experience.
"Prep Expert was effective in raising my SAT score. I scored a 1500 up from 1410 and the main reason I signed up for the class was the guarantees. The guarantees are 100% legit but YOU NEED TO PUT IN THE WORK. They aren't going to give you slack on missing more than one homework assignment because there isn't a reason to give you your money back if you aren't applying yourself. There is absolutely nothing to lose if you do all the work, take the tests, and attend the classes. Either your score will go up or you get your money back. However, the only downside was the essay grading which sometimes took a week after I submitted to get it graded, which didn't help at all because I was not able to track my growth in the essay portion. I even received a couple essays graded after I had taken the SAT like they would benefit me then. They need to hire more essay graders. I also had trouble logging into class occasionally, and if this occurs make sure you contact support and let them know so your guarantee doesn't go away. Overall a great course, Thank You Prep Expert!"
"PARENTS Please do not waste your hard earning money. I wasted my money and I couldn't get back. They don't focus or care on students subject and improvement. This place is not worth for education, money and time."
This is a misleading review based on information the reviewer is not providing; this parent has been in contact with our Customer Service department and was informed that his son did not complete all of the required Practice Tests and Homework Essays. Because of this work not being completed and turned in on time, he is ineligible for a refund as per our stated Terms of Service.
"I was able to practice problems every week and the extra help from Nishi really helped. I hope this class will help my SAT score, I'mm feeling a lot more confident after taking the course."
"AMAZING COURSE! BOOSTED MY SCORE UP AFTER THE 1ST CLASS!!!! NISHI PATEL WAS AN AMAZING INSTRUCTOR AND HELPED ME LEARN BY CONNECTING TO THE TEST!!! THANK YOU PREP EXPERT!"
"My instructor Miguel Chavira did an excellent job keeping the class engaged and motivated. However I think that the prep expert curriculum could be adjusted to help students stay invested as I struggled to find the motivation to complete the homework on time."
"Really did help me improve my score (teacher was dan)"
"Dan Swanson was my instructor and he is very knowledgeable and has a good sense of humor. He helped me master the strategies and improve my score. He is one of the most coolest people and I would recommend getting Dan Swanson as your instructor in the prep expert sat course."
"Dan Swanson was amazing! Knows a lot, willing to help, and is very enthusiastic."
"Dan Swanson was one of the best instructors, very knowledgeable and has a good sense of humor and he helped me improved my score by a lot. The strategies definetely work and should be mastered to see improvements. Dan's jokes were the best and he is one of the coolest instructors that I have been taught by."
"This course was very helpful to me! I increased my score tremendously and this was due to the help from my amazing instructor Dan. His teaching is so helpful and encouraging. While being funny and an amazing teacher, he also had a serious and stern take on our lessons. He provided encouragement and care for us and really taught us all the strategies well! Dan is the best teacher that really encouraged us to do our best and was very effective and efficient. This course made me really happy because of my encouraging teacher and the amazing strategies taught in our lessons. DAN SWANSON IS AMAZING!!!"
"I really enjoyed this course. The instructor I had, Dan Swanson, was very thorough and helpful. He explained how to apply the strategies to arrive at the correct answers in a clear and direct manner! He also offered excellent advice and tips for the week before taking the SAT, and the night and morning before, in addition to advice outside of the SAT."
"Dan Swanson was my instructor and was extremely helpful. He is extremely friendly and elaborates on the strategies to help students master them, especially as he took the recent SAT and scored a 1570 on them. These strategies allowed me to successfully raise my score by at least 200 points!"
"I enjoyed watching every stream of Dan Swanson of Prep expert, but I think Prep expert can improve in getting the students to complete. Since I found it difficult to be motivated to complete the homework. But I will 100% recommend this to a friend."
"My instructor was Dan and he was so fun! he made jokes to make the class more enjoyable and I learned a lot! Thanks Dan!!"
"I had a wonderful experience with prep expert especially with my instructor Dan Swanson. He explained several strategies with fun and easy to understand approaches and I was even able to learn things that school lacked to teach me in preparation for the SAT."
"Dan made the class really engaging"
"It was very fun and inspires you to try your best to receive the best score on the SAT. My instructor is Dan Swanson, a Medical Student in Georgetown, who TRULY understands how to teach and relate to his students. With connecting back to his SAT testing, giving us advice on how to perform our best on the SAT, allowing a relaxing environment for review, fully/almost fully comprehending the PrepExpert Strategies for testing has helped me overall in testing. Although the homework at times can become overwhelming, it stills supports a chance of the perfect 1600! Thank you"
Prep Expert is rated 4.61 based on 1,181 reviews

Get ready for our phone call!