Prep Expert Reviews

94% of reviewers recommend Prep Expert

Tell us how Prep Expert made you happy

Telephone, Live Chat, Email
"Prep Expert is an amazing company. Clay Cooper helped me really understand the math section of the test and I am now enrolled in private tutoring for help on my upcoming AP exams. Thank you Prep Expert!"
"My instructor, Daniel Lee, has helped me improve my SAT score throughout this course. Working with Daniel was fun because he provides an engaging "classroom" environment even though the class is made up of students from various parts of the country. While working with the instructor was good, I didn't really see a significant boost in my score even though I did all the work on time, took notes, and stayed engaged in class. Personally, I would have liked it more had it been more tailored to my specific issues as opposed to a general course in general. Overall a fun course, but I saw no boost (and even sometimes dips) in my score despite 6 weeks of full effort which proved to be kind of a disappointment."
Hello! Thank you for your feedback. I'm so glad you enjoyed Daniel as an instructor and I'll be sure to pass your kudos along to him.

Our mission is to help each student change their lives by changing their scores. I'm sorry you didn't see a significant score increase. Our 6-week courses come with an industry leading 200 point score improvement guarantee. If we were unable to help you achieve this please send us your before and after score results and we would be more than happy to take a look! Feel free to reach out to us at 877.345.7737 if you have any questions.
"requires a ton of printing because you need to print every homework and practice test- not very eco friendly. also requires about 2 hours every day, which is tough for the typical high school student who does sports and after school activities on top of being in AP classes. Not very easy to fit 2 hours in each day. but overall, a very good class."
Hi! Your feedback is greatly appreciated!

I totally understand your concern about all the printing. Our mission is to help everyone increase their scores and part of that is to give students a taste of what they will experience on the big day! Hopefully in the near future we can roll out a more eco-friendly dashboard and practice test taking system.

The course can be intense but that's what makes it so effective! We have several options that can fit in a busy student's life, such as a Self-Paced video course taught by our founder Shaan Patel or tutoring packages.

I'm happy you enjoyed the course overall and good luck on the test!
"Overall, had a satisfying learning experience with prep expert instructor Daniel Lee. I feel that the course was overall quite effective."
"My instructor, Daniel Lee, really helped me with explaining the questions that I got wrong on all of my practice tests. I liked how he also was able to show us how to apply the prep expert strategies while going over the practice tests in class. He was also very good at relating with his students on a personal level and gave great advice on how his students should manage their time. I highly recommend Mr. Lee."
"My teacher, Daniel Lee, was extremely helpful. Not only did he help me learn different strategies for the test, he made learning fun. His incorporation of present day pop culture with the SAT kept me engaged. Overall, it was a great learning experience."
"Daniel Lee was an excellent instructor who ensured that the class was always upbeat and fun, despite the early schedule. The Prep Expert methods have strongly increased my scores with about a 200 point increase, all thanks to their expert strategies."
"My instructor, Celina, has helped me improve my SAT score so much throughout these six weeks. Her personal tips, in addition to the expert ones were very helpful. Taking the practice tests were really good practice for the actual test. I liked how we got to go practice examples when learning each of the strategies to really understand how to use it. I recommend taking this course, because it can truly help raise your SAT score, like it did mine!"
"Very helpful, def went up in writing and reading. Math somewhat overall felt some of the practice questions we did for math were not as hard as what was actually on the tests. Otherwise very good and extremely nice teacher!"
"PrepExpert was one of the best things that could have happened to me this year. I was dreading this course from the second my parents signed me up but I'm glad they did. My teacher was Nishi and she was THE BEST. She explained everything so throughly and gave tips that weren't even included in the books. Take the in person class with her in Princeton if you can because I wish I had done that instead. The online classes have so many people. THANKS AGAIN NISHI and hope you are right about the rams for the super bowl!!!"
"UPDATE: While my daughter did complete the work and did not improve her SAT test scores and the initial support I received was less than stellar; Prep Expert did reach back out to me and took some steps to offer an olive branch of sorts in order to give my daughter another avenue to possibly improve her next SAT test score. I have modified my rating from 1 star to 3 stars. Original Review: My daughter took the 6 week SAT Prep course and actually did worse on her SAT after the course than she did before. When asked how much time outside of the actual live classes this would involve we were told 1 hour or a little more. In order to complete the required work on-time she spent hours and hours between each class. She spent so much time on this course that it ended up affecting her actual school grades. About half of the course time was spent on the essay. After we jumped through all of the hoops to get the refund based on the 200 point guarantee, they initially said 12 assignments were late or not turned in. A couple of days were spent emailing support proving to them this was not the case, they found she was a couple of hours late for 2 assignments and 2 others were a day late. I am sure these 4 late minimally assignments drastically affected my daughters SAT score (sarcasm). Seems like Prep Expert's approach to NOT giving the 200 point guarantee refund is to overwhelm parents with so many false failures on their child's part that parents give up and let it go."
"Amberly Wang was my instructor and she made things fun and easy to comprehend. I thoroughly enjoyed her class and she kept me focused on the material!"
"Amberly Wang was very helpful in explaining the strategies."
"My instructor was Amberly Wang. I really liked how she taught and reviewed our questions every class and she was very nice and organized. However, I am giving this course 4/5 stars because sometimes my answer sheets would mark questions wrong even if they were right and this would lower my score. The course as a whole, however, has taught me a lot and the strategies are very helpful."
"great strategies, Amberly Wang was a compassionate instructor who genuinely cared about my SAT progress. The course was very educational and worthwhile."
"Amberly Wang was my instructor. She explain the strategies very well, which boosted my score up almost 300 points!"
"Amberly Wang helped me learn the SAT better. However, I felt that not all of the concepts were covered."
"Olivia Owens was my instructor and she explained answers very well and made the class interesting. I learned to understand the test better as a whole and most importantly how to study for the ACT."
"The material really is good, and the strategies do help A LOT. Why 3 stars then? Well, there are 2 reasons. Number 1, the essay grading system was broken. In a regular ACT you are scored on 4 different categories, but for some reason my peers and I all had the issue of getting only 3 categories graded. My instructor informed us that she had reported the issue, but I can't say that its fixed. Second, the work load. Prepare to be overwhelmed with tests to take. They do give us a week to do the homework, but if your a really busy Junior like me, then you will find it absolutely insane. Otherwise, if you can look beyond these 2 complaints, then I fully recommend the program. The strategies are good, they work, and they are informative."
"My instructor was Olivia Owens. She was very helpful and is adamant about making sure content is understood. She teaches everything well and after her instruction I execute things much better. This course is very rigorous, but if you put the time in, it seems like it will be worth it. This class will be helpful for anyone who puts the effort in. A lot of work is required outside of the class."
Prep Expert is rated 4.60 based on 1,396 reviews