Pure Heavenly Chocolate Reviews

Returns & Refunds
Refunds Process
Difficult

Tell us how Pure Heavenly Chocolate made you happy
I so wanted this to be great stuff. Its not. Packaging and service is excellent but the product isn't tasty, nor melts in your mouth with richness. There's way better out there sadly.
Being vegan we really wanted to like this chocolate But it isn’t for us sadly. I bought 4 bars and I really didn’t like any of them. It tastes cheap, it doesn’t melt in your mouth and I was reluctant to eat it when I realised it’s full of artificial sweeteners which are in fact worse than sugar. I wouldn’t give it to children and I wouldn’t recommend it. I really didn’t want to leave this review. I wish it could have been positive.
Your chocolate is expensive but I did not mind if it proved to be 'heavenly', however, it was not heavenly at all. The texture does not melt in your mouth like normal chocolate, the flavour was nowhere near as good as any chocolate I know of. Just comparing it with gluten free and dairy free chocolate available in Tesco, it is not as good. I was very disappointed. I am not even tempted to go and eat some more.
Disappointed, the chocolate was ordered as a gift and I chose 24 hr tracked delivery. Website said you were operating as usual even in these difficult times. Order received and confirmed in a speedy manner. 3 consecutive days I had to chase for confirmation that it had been sent, which even after day 3 it hadnt been. 3 different chat people - Ben, Abi and Anna, emails from Sonia all said different things. In the end I telephoned and spoke with Tara, who personally sorted my order and emailed me the tracking reference. No refund of the p&p as promised and I cannot rate your chocolate as I havent tasted it. Hopefully this is just a blip due to the current world circumstances. Wishing your business the very best.
Delivered, ordered etc all good.
Product is not nice?
Little flavour and really disappointing.
Genuinly would never buy again.
Tastes nothing like chocolate.
I am vegan and buy vegan chocolate , this is the poorest I have bought and Pricey.
Sorry but i dont get it. Banana flavour, could hardly taste it and the silk is tasteless. Maybe ok for those that are gluton free, but as a chocolate lover its a no from me.
This chocolate is smooth but that is its only positive. The banana and coffee flavours were non existent. The hazelnut was full of vanilla flavouring and there is an overwhelming lingering taste of sweetener in all of them. The mint one tasted quite good.
Marketing them as being low in sugar is great, but look at the levels of saturated fat- hardly healthy. I shall not be buying again.
Hi Sarah

Sorry to hear your feedback. We did have an issue with some of our manufacturing equipment which did affect some of our bars which has now been fixed. Let us know your order number and we will organise replacements.

Regards fat content. The fat in chocolate comes from cocoa butter and is made up of equal amounts of oleic acid (a heart-healthy monounsaturated fat also found in olive oil), stearic and palmitic acids. Research shows that stearic acid has a neutral effect on cholesterol, neither raising nor lowering it.

Team Heavenly
This seemed like a very interesting product so we ordered the Silk, Salted Caramel and Orange.
Unfortunately we didn’t like any of them.
They all have an overpowering taste of sweetener, which lingers in your mouth and on your teeth for quite a while.
Oddly, the ‘Silk’ smelled a lot more like caramel than the ‘Salted Caramel’, which in turn smells like citrus. The ‘Salted Caramel’ contains up to 2x more salt than other salted caramel chocolates, yet neither of us could taste any salt (nor caramel).
While they all smell nice when you open the packet, they don’t actually taste of much.
Out of the fat content, roughly 90% is saturated, which brings the total calories to pretty much the same level as any other chocolate.

Overall, great idea, quick delivery, nice packaging, but a distinct taste that you’ll either love or hate.
Hi Dominic,

We have had an issue with our new machinery and some stock got through that shouldn't have been sent out. Please send us your order number and we will replace your whole order.

Team Heavenly
After watching Dragon’s Den I was keen to order the chocolate, because of low sugar in it. I ordered few flavours (orange, fruit and nut, dark and coconut) Packaging of the chocolates looked nice, but flavours unfortunately not so good. Only dark chocolate didn’t taste that bad. For me these chocolates taste very artificial and leave bad aftertaste. Most disappointing of all is that instead of sugar it is full of sweeteners. I wish I knew that before buying. Worst spent £20 really. Luckily my husband is not that bothered about the taste, otherwise I would just chuck them to the bin..
Hi Jurate,

Sorry to read your review.

We did have an issue with our new machinery that was purchased after Dragons' Den and some stock got through that shouldn't have been sent out. We are very sorry

Please send us your order number and we will replace your whole order.

Team Heavenly
I ordered chocolate bars of different flavours and they were delivered promptly. The packaging looks nice and it is also mainly made of recyclable materials. However, I was disappointed by the artificial flavours of the chocolate bars I have tried (hazelnut, salted caramel and coffee). The taste and smell are overpowered by the artificial flavourings. The only one I liked is the dark chocolate flavour. However, I don't think I will buy this chocolate again.
Hi Vittoria,

Sorry to read your review.

Please send us your order number and we will replace your whole order.

I have sent you 3 email regarding my last lot of chocolate please get in touch
Dear Mary

We always aim to answer emails within 48 hours and can only apologise if yours have slipped through the net. We hope you are satisfied with the outcome of your recent interaction with our Customer Service Team.

Tara and the Pure Heavenly Team
Chocolate isnt very flavourful.

Has a weird grainy texture

Tried the Silk,Orange,fruit & nut and hazelnut.

Not a great alternative to real chocolate in my opinion.

Strange aftertaste also
Hi

I'm sorry to hear this. If you'd like to contact us with your order number we can arrange for replacement bars to be sent out to you.

Best wishes,
Stephen and the Pure Heavenly Team
Firstly I am annoyed that no one has replied to both my emails,last one sent to Sonia@pureheavenly.com regarding wrong items and quantity sent.
Secondly I have tried the fruit and nut that was ok just trying the mint and coconut barswhich I'm not keen on. I cannot comment on banana,coffee and strawberry bars because even though they were on my order I did NOT receive them, due to these factors and the cost of bars being at the higher end of the market for chocolate I will not be placing any future orders.
Very expensive even as a specialist bar. The sale price of £2 95 is still high. Can't afford it frankly,
I was disappointed with most of the bars. I understand that they took a long while to arrive due to Dragons Den but I was really looking forward to them. There was hardly any fruit in the fruit and nut plus there was only a tiny sprinkling of coconut on the back of the coconut one. The salted caramel didn't taste salty at all. Really not worth the money
Dear Carol,

As you may have ready from other reviews - we have had an issue with our manufacturing - mainly due some new (and expensive) equipment malfunctioning without us realising.

We would like to send you some replacements - please can you send us your order number.

Founder

I was happy to wait for the order following the dragons den rave reviews. However I am disappointed in the taste and texture. Not pleasant, lower calories but I’d rather eat less of a better tasting chocolate bar
Had a long wait for my order, but this was following the high demand following Dragons Den, and they did keep me updated by e mail, so fair enough.
However, was really disappointed with the product, considering how the Dragons raved about how nice it tasted. Salted caramel had hardly any Salt, and the taste was not pleasant at all. The Orange/chocolate I had to throw away as it was disgusting. I appreciate this is not a sweet chocolate, and a differet recipe to "normal" chocolate, but quite honestly it tastes awful. So disappointed after paying £20 and waiting so long.
Hi Dee

Founder
As a customer pre Dragons Den, I have to say that customer service and packaging is poor at the moment and it is a shame as they were a good company. Waited weeks for the chocolate. Giving the excuse that they didn't expect the amount of orders and response after the airing of their products on TV, is pretty lame. Always be prepared from a show like that! I marked the company only two stars due to the time I waited for my chocolate to arrive and especially the packaging it came in, due to the fact that the bars were broken. One of the advent calandar windows was open and squashed in places and the box itself wasn't properly sealed, in which case the bars could have easily escaped from the packaging. Having said all of this the chocolate still tastes quite nice. You need improve your standards Pure Heavenly Chocolate!
Thank you for taking the time to write a review.

I am really sorry to hear about your experience and would like to put things right.

By way of explanation - after Dragons Den, we were overwhelmed with orders and we had to scale up again with new equipment to meet the demand. We had around 7 months' worth of orders in around 2 weeks and were simply overwhelmed with thousands of customer orders and emails.

By way of explanation - unfortunately, one brand new piece of very expensive equipment developed a fault and managed to damage some of the ingredients thus affecting the chocolate. The bars tasted fine when leaving the production line but degraded very quickly and so we only found out after the products had been shipped and tried by customers. This unfortunately affected around 850 customers.

We will send you a couple of new bars for you to try (just to make sure you are happy with them and then will replace your whole order). Please send us your order number so that we know where to send the replacements.

Please know, you are very important to us and we want to do whatever we can to improve your experience with us. We are very sorry that this has happened and hope that you enjoy the new bars.

Founder
With excuse after excuse about we are sorry for the delay well don’t take orders if your not ready.
I received 3 bars
Fruit and nut terrible no taste at all
Orange was bearable just
Mint was fine had a strong taste of mint but a bit gritty
Would I by again thanks but no that’s and very high fat content
Was worth a go but wouldn’t repeat
Dear Gavin,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review.

Unfortunately, one brand new piece of very expensive equipment developed a fault and managed to damage some of the ingredients thus affecting the chocolate. The bars tasted fine when leaving the production line but degraded very quickly and so we only found out after the products had been shipped and tried by customers. This unfortunately affected around 850 customers.

Founder
Well done for their entrepreneurial spirit & allergen free. I didn't mind the wait as they have good reason due to sudden demand after Dragon's Den.
Tastes quite nice, but leaves a none too pleasant after taste from the long list of sweeteners in it I suspect [Erythritol, Polydextrose, Isomalt, Sucralose] !
I've eaten other makes of low sugar chocolate with stevia as natural sweetener & not had that problem before. Maybe Heavenly chocolate need to switch to stevia.
Besides if people are bothered about Gluten or diary then this could be made with sugar & make no difference to that.
Dear Pobinr,