"Very efficient and easy to notify an issue. All that in spite to the very big chaos with the languages. Since I book from a German page and later book the car in Spanish they wrote me one time in German, another time in English or Spanish...anyway, I`ll use it again."
"Very happy with the cost and cover provided by Rental Cover. When the need arose for me to make a claim it was dealt with quickly and professionally. Will use them the next time and recommend others to do likewise."
"Excellent service and very quick settlement of claim once required documents are submitted. I ve used them for several times a year.Their premiums are reasonable often give discount.Too pleased to recommen them."
We're very pleased to see that you are satisfied with our service and with the way your claim was handled. Indeed, our aim is to make sure that anyone can afford to get coverage for their rentals at a reasonable price, therefore our insurances are on average 50% than the rental company's own insurance.
We hope to see you soon on RentalCover.com for your future rentals!
"was so sad for making an accident in Taiwan, on top of that it was quite a sum of money, but Rentealcover makes it so easy to Claim and the claimed amount was Transfer to my account in less than 2 weeks.
I would strongly recommend a full cover of insurance with rentalcover when renting a car"
Thank you for leaving a review for our company. Whilst we are sorry to hear that your damaged didn't run as smoothly as planned, we are happy to know that you managed to recover the costs for the damage to your vehicle.
Thank you for recommending our company and products, see you soon on RentalCover.com!
"I damaged a rented car, it was terrible for me. Rentalcover.com helped me and returned costs of repare, thank Melissa for help. Also I want to give thanks Anatoly from Rentalcars.com, he helped obtain all needed documents from rental company and solve my claim. I recommend Rentalcover.com, it is real full protection."
thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback on our company and our claim procedure. We will make sure that your comment are passed on to our claims agents.
Indeed, in order for the claim payments to be made, we need to ensure that the appropriate documentation is supplied to verify the claims made. From time to time we will encounter rental companies that are more difficult to deal with, hence we will seek the help of your booking agent.
Once again, thank you for choosing RentalCover.com and see you soon for your next rentals!
Thank you for your 5-star review! We're happy to hear that you found our user-experience efficient and that you did not have to use our insurance during your rental.
We protect our customers from over-inflated repair bills from rental car companies, of course we all wish not to have to make an insurance claim - although we currently process claims within only 3 business days!
Again, thank you for choosing RentalCover.com and see you soon for your future car rentals!
"I got scammed by this company or someone pretending to be this company. They infiltrated my rental request on rentalcars.com and offered me CHEAP CHEAP CHEAP (yeah, right) insurance. I declined but received a thank you for purchasing VERY EXPENSIVE rental insurance. I immediately wrote to tell them I hadn't bought it nor did I want it and got and auto-response that they'd get back to me within 24 hours (never did). After returning the car, I got a texta nd an email from my credit card company asking whether I had just charged 155 CHF on my card at some garage. I had not and Citibank declined the charge but I was still left with a disputed charge for 49CHF for the unwanted insurance. That dispute was resolved in my favor by Citibank. However, upon hearing of our problem, the rental car agent warned us that we would start getting LOTS of nuisance calls. Indeed, I stared getting one call after another marked "Scam likely." I had to close my credit card while still abroad and get T-Mobile to block all scam calls. When I got home, I learned of a friend who had had the EXACT experience. BEWARE if you are transferred from rentalcars.com to rentalcover.com and keep a close eye on your credit card charges."
Hi there, I'm the founder of RentalCover.com and we take security very seriously so the team has asked me to reach out to you. Firstly I'm sorry to hear that your experience did not meet expectations. It's difficult to determine exactly what went wrong but if you reply to your RentalCover.com confirmation email we'll be able to assess.
There's quite a few things that I'd like to address regarding your review, hopefully the following is helpful...
1. Regarding this statement: "I declined but received a thank you for purchasing VERY EXPENSIVE rental insurance."
- I am not sure exactly how you interacted with the site, but it seems like you purchased a policy that you may not have wanted. These things happen online, in fact ast week I purchased 4 chairs on a website when I only wanted 1! You are able to get a refund at any time by replying to either the car confirmation email, or to our confirmation email.
2. Regarding your statement that "someone pretending to be this company... infiltrated my rental request on rentalcars.com"...
- Rentalcars.com are the largest car rental site globally and they have been a partner of ours for many years. They have a thousand staff and are part of Booking.com which is one of the largest ecommerce sites globally. I mention this because we are their trusted partner and they have integrated our insurance policies on their site. They have done this so that their customers can access insurance policies that are approximately 50% cheaper than the waivers offered by the rental companies, and because the policies provide better coverage with no hidden exclusions. You may be aware that our mission is to bring transparency to car rental insurance - we do this because there are millions of customers who have had questionable charges levied against them by rental companies (there are plenty of review sites to look at!).
3. Regarding this statement: "I immediately wrote to tell them I hadn't bought it nor did I want it and got and auto-response that they'd get back to me within 24 hours (never did)."
- While we have no email that fits your description, it is possible that you emailed Rentalcars.com. Their support is usually excellent, but if you had no response I am sure they would reply if you sent them a follow up. They are able to issue immediate refunds for situations like yours.
4. Regarding your statement that: "After returning the car, I got a texta nd an email from my credit card company asking whether I had just charged 155 CHF on my card at some garage. I had not and Citibank declined the charge".
- We are not associated with any garage, and neither is Rentalcars.com. The transaction seems unrelated to the rental car and it has no connection with the insurance that you purchased.
5. Regarding your statement: "I was still left with a disputed charge for 49CHF for the unwanted insurance. That dispute was resolved in my favor by Citibank."
- It seems like you have processed a chargeback. As mentioned above, an email to us would have led to the same result.
6. Regarding your statement: "upon hearing of our problem, the rental car agent warned us that we would start getting LOTS of nuisance calls. Indeed, I stared getting one call after another marked "Scam likely." I had to close my credit card while still abroad and get T-Mobile to block all scam calls."
- We do not make any outbound phone calls and from my understanding nor do Rentalcars.com. I am unaware of any reason why either of us would have reason to call you. Can I ask a favour and get you to reply privately with a screenshot of the calls/texts in question? Also let us know your email and reference number as our security team may wish to talk with you as part of their investigation.
Posted 7 months ago
Hi again, Thanks for sending through your reference number. We've cancelled your pokicy and issued a refund. Our security team has looked into the situation and we have not seen any issues. The card was provided at the time, via Rentalcars.com, it was transacted by you. We're sorry that you weren't able to see that you had added our insurance to the car booking, this is obviously not our intention. If you can provide more information regarding the calls that you mentioned that would be useful, we'll take a look into it.
"Hi everybody, please do not trust this layer company. They are doing their best to decline claim. Once they paid my claim hardly but I thought that this is good company and bought 4 insurance packages from them for my upcoming rentals. But just yesterday they declined me and I will copy their email below. They always can answer you like that and they do not need explain the reason to anybody. In the claim process one of their employee told me that my rental agreement is not accaptable for them. I can show that remtal agreement to everybody whom it is interesting. It is standard agreement of local rental company. I cancelled all my existing insurances which bought from them previously and have not get their cancellation confirmatons already 2 days. So be carefully with them nd always know that they can decline your claim without any reason, just they want and that's it."
Hi Tigran, We appreciate customers sharing their experience with us. As mentioned in our different emails, RentalCover.com does not accept documents leading to fraudulent claims. Our Compliance Manager gave you all the details of the reasons why it has been stated as a fraudulent claim after a deep investigation. The fact of having 2 claims on a row is not the reason for the decision. Please refer to our emails. May you have any other question, please get in contact with us by email. Thanks. The Team at RentalCover.com
When a review is marked
it means Reviews.io has the additional trust signal necessary to ensure that the review is genuine. Customers reading the reviews can then use this information to help them decide which reviews are more relevant and steer them in their purchasing decisions.
If a review does not have the
label next to it, we do not have the additional information from the customer/company to verify that the review was written from the privileged user position.
Even though some reviews do not carry the
badge, it does not mean that the reviewer has no experience with the company - it just means that we could not confirm a specific purchase.
badge offers one more way to help gauge the quality and relevance of a company review.
How can I make my review "Verified"?
If we are unable to automatically verify you as a
you can email supporting documents to
so we can investigate and mark your review as
We prefer an invoice, delivery note or receipt.
When a review is marked
it means Reviews.io has NOT had the trust signals necessary to ensure that the review is genuine. Customers reading the reviews can then use this information to help them decide which reviews are more relevant and steer them in their purchasing decisions.
How can I make my review "Verified"?
If we are unable to automatically verify you as a
you can enter your email address below and we'll be in touch to verify your review.