“I was very tentative about using RentalCover after reading some of the negative Customer Reviews. Fortunately, my worries were quickly unfounded after I was swiftly reimbursed by RentalCover for damages to my rental car that was caused by a collision with a small animal.
There are three main reasons why I purchased coverage from RentalCover rather than from the Rental Car Company:
1) RentalCover's cost for full coverage was $150 less than purchasing full coverage directly from the rental car company.
2) If you read the "fine print" on rental car company coverage (CDW) you will find that there are a lot of circumstances when CDW will not cover damages (Towing, Windshield, Glass, Tires, Wheels, Mirrors, Interior, and most any damage that is not considered “body” damage). And you will also have to pay excess costs for admin fees, loss of use, and diminished value.)
3) And there are several exclusions that will void the CDW contract.
Now, let's talk about my experience purchasing RentalCover and making a claim.
I rented a car through Rentalcars.com and I was automatically invited to buy coverage through RentalCover. The RentalCover price was very reasonable, so I went ahead and read the “fine print”. After reading what RentalCover covers and how the claim process works, I decided to try RentalCover and I obviously hoped that I wouldn’t have to use their service.
Just two and a half hours into my 7-day vacation I hit a small animal that had run in front of my rental car. The front driver’s side of the car is what struck the animal. I pulled the car off the interstate at the next exit to inspect the car for damage. I was hoping that I wouldn’t find any damage. To my dismay, I saw that the driver’s front bumper had a large crack, so I immediately knew that I would have to make a claim which of course dampened my spirits for the rest of my vacation.
Fortunately, I didn’t need a tow truck, no one was injured (except the animal) and the car drove and performed fine for the rest of my vacation.
When I returned the rental car at the end of my vacation, I pointed out the damage to the attendant who was checking the car in. I filled out an incident report and went on my way.
There was nothing I could do at this point with RentalCover because I had to wait for the Rental Car Company to determine the TOTAL amount that I would be charged on my credit card. Three weeks later I was contacted by the Rental Car Company. They sent me a very detailed document that included my original Rental Agreement, Pictures of the damaged car, a List of itemized damages and total cost of damages. The TOTAL was $778.14 which was for Parts, Labor, Admin Fee, Loss of Use, and Diminished Value.
This was where my work began and I had lots of trepidation. I went to my original email confirmation from RentalCover. From there, I was clearly directed to the “Claims” page. Fortunately, I am somewhat computer savvy so I was able to easily navigate the webpage, gather all the required documents and turn them into an electronic format that was compatible with RentalCover’s claim process.
The claims process took me about an hour to complete and submit. Mind you, RentalCover does not provide you a way to talk live one-to-one with them, so this could be very frustrating to someone needing direct assistance.
Here’s the BEST PART! Within minutes of submitting my claim, RentalCover acknowledged receipt of my claim, and in less than 12 hours I received confirmation that my claim was accepted and approved – no questions asked!
The next day, RentalCover emailed me a link so that I could provide my bank account information regarding where I wanted the reimbursement deposited. Three days later, RentalCover deposited into my checking account the full amount of my $778.14 claim.
Here are my takeaways:
1) RentalCover's prices beat Rental Car Company prices by a wide margin.
2) RentalCover's response time is very good.
3) RentalCover's webpage is straightforward and easy to navigate.
4) RentalCover provides more comprehensive coverage than coverage bought from the Rental Car Company.
5) RentalCover does not provide customers a way to communicate directly with a representative (i.e. phone, email) This could be frustrating in the event of a complicated claim, or for someone who is not comfortable using technology for business purposes.
6) RentalCover claims are relatively straightforward if you are adept at using a computer, comfortable manipulating electronic images, and have a Rental Car Company that is fully involved and cooperative with the claims process.
7) If you have to make a claim, be prepared to pay the Rental Car Company first with your credit card before RentalCover will reimburse you. Rentalcover reimbursed me within a few days so I was never money out-of-pocket. However, I don’t know what steps you’d have to take if your claim exceeded your credit card limit.
8) The ease and success of the RentalCover claims process can be greatly influenced (for better or worse) by how cooperative and forthcoming the Rental Car Company is with communications and providing documentation.
9) I believe my success with RentalCover had much to do with the fact that my circumstances were not very complicated: a) there was minimal damage to the car; b) there was no third-party involved; c) and the Rental Car Company (Thrifty/Hertz) did a fantastic job providing me with everything that I needed to submit my claim.
10) I can think of numerous scenarios that might complicate, delay, and disrupt a RentalCover claim; however, based on my recent experience, I would definitely recommend RentalCover and I would use RentalCover again without hesitation. My hope is that whether the claim is $100 or $10,000 that the process remains seamless and that full reimbursement is always paid quickly and without hassle.”
“I give XAP Credit Solution a 5 star. They are the best!! My experience with XAP was a big 360 I started off with a credit score with the low 500 and now I’m over a 780s and I only been with them under a month I been working with a young man name Matteo and he’s one of the best and he will make sure you reach your goal I wouldn’t recommend going anywhere else so if you're reading this that means you should contact them now via XAPCREDITSOLUTION at GMAIL dot COM!!!”
“After receiving a small stone chip in the windscreen of my rental car during my recent holiday, I had to submit an insurance claim with RentalCover.com. I was anticipating a long, drawn out process and thought I'd be lucky if I got judt part of the cost back. Imagine my surprise when I received a FULL refund less than 24 hours after submitting my claim...no questios asked. Wow! I was seriously blown away and will definitely use RentalCover.com for all my rental insurance in the future. Highly recommended! AAAA++”
“Have insured rental vehicles with your company in the past. The online application is easy and seamless.
Liked that your parent company CG has partnered with various charitable organisations to try make the world a better place.”