RugStudio Reviews

of reviewers recommend RugStudio
Telephone, Live Chat, Email
Read RugStudio Reviews

About RugStudio:

For more than 90 years, RugStudio has enjoyed success with rugs, in all aspects of the industry, from manufacturing and importing, to wholesaling and retailing. RugStudio is a division of Oriental Rug Gallery, L.P. a family-owned business located in San Antonio, Texas with a rich history in the rug business. For four generations, we have maintained our roots in our highly service-oriented retail division - partnering with retail shops of all shapes and sizes throughout the US.

1-800-796-8890

12719 Cimarron Path San Antonio, TX 78249

In the past I have had great service and selection with Rug Studio. However, recently I have been disappointed in the quality, selection, and service.
I ordered a rug months ago and still have not received it. It was backordered and we were not made aware of that until after purchasing.
Very large rug cane folded in a box, box was open and there was a dirt spot on the back (it had been raining that day). The delivery guy said the box weighed over 100lbs and left it at the bottom of our front steps.
It’s took my three months to get my rug.
Great service. Follow up on delivery schedule is timely. When we had a rug that did not match our room as expected they were very responsive with return procedure and refund. We will be back for more.
When I ordered the rug it appeared that I would receive it within 2 weeks. A day after ordering I got an email telling me that the rug is on backorder until October31. I probably would not have ordered the rug at this time had I known about the backorder.
We are dissapointed that the design displayed on the website was not reproduced on our rug. On the border of the rug, there should have been large florets done in shades of red. Those were done in a boring tan shade instead. Shame on them.
I purchased 2 rugs and according to my location, RS suggested I use myus.com which I did. Because RS did not put my suite number, I incurred extra fees from myus. I contacted RS to let them know but never heard from them.
I received my rug with no problem, although I still have not opened it up . I was disappointed though to see that the rug I had purchased dropped $50.00, and when I called and asked if I could get a refund, I was told no since it was already delivered to me. So I am out $50.00. This is very discouraging. It will make me think twice about a future purchase.
We ordered a rug in May. Waited much longer than expected for its delivery in late June - only to have it arrived dirty and damaged. We refused delivery and sent photos - asked for expedited replacement. Here it is mid July and we were just told that it will likely ship at the END OF JULY! which will place delivery in early August! Enough said - you be the judge.
Lost the 20% code that was promised. DOesn't work on any of the rugs I was going to order. GOt duped into sharing my email address for nothing.
The chat responses were disconnected with what was actually on the web site. Alot of back and forth with the chat people.
There aren't any discounts on the rugs that interest me.
We bought several rugs in a remodel process at our house to replace several older10+ years old high quality rugs. The quality is okay. This rug is less than half the weight of the rug it replaced. The rug looks nice in our living room. My wife is happy for the time being. I do not think that the quality of materials or workmanship will stand up to high traffic and 4 kids very long. HOWEVER, that is not my main problem with this rug. The main problem is the way that rug studio and the manufacturer drop shipped it to me. When I ordered, I thought that I could order online and drive to the store (5 miles from my house) and pick it up. I quickly found out that online orders are not related to the physical stores. The rug arrived by UPS about 2.5 weeks later. The plastic package was worn through on the edges and the stitching was torn on the exposed edges of the rug. We did not even unroll it at the time. I called to get a return authorization - the rug studio rep was nice but it was a cumbersome process to get a return authorization from the manufacturer (rug studio did not take the responsibility). A couple weeks later we received another rug from the manufacturer. It was packaged exactly the same way! Again, the corners were rubbed through the plastic - just the stitching was in slightly better condition (dirty and only slightly frayed). The rugs that we ordered from another vendor were double bagged and came in perfect condition. Why can't this manufacturer spend a dollar or two extra and double bag it? This would save the vendor a lot of money in dealing with ruined returns and annoyed customers that feel that the cost vs. benefit equation is not computing correctly... I should have driven to the store and then loaded it in the back of my truck. I could have been done in less than 1 day. Instead, it was almost a 2 month ordeal. I may have had a different experience with the store. We are still not happy about frayed stitching and dirty edges. We just don't feel like going through the return process again over it at the moment which is a pain.
The people I spoke with were polite and helpful. However, that you have a Karastan catelog filled with items that are not available is misleading and a big waste of time. After having spent days making my decision on a rug, I was informed a week later that it is not available. Entire lines are sold out, but show available on your website.
I ordered a sample swatch. I should have been advised that the actual rug was discontinued. Why send a sample when I can’t get the rug? What a waste of my time.
RugStudio is rated 4.87 based on 2,643 reviews