Scottish Power Reviews

Scottish Power 1 star review on 4th August 2022
Emma Azhar
Scottish Power 1 star review on 4th August 2022
Emma Azhar
They tried to say l owe £3.973 for 6 weeks energy l haven't joined Scottish power.. l live in a very small one bedroom bungalow lm a pensioner and a widow.. this company should be closed down by the energy ombudsman l hardly use gas l am allergic to heat all l mainly use is electricity..l complained they said we can see you are with another company yet keep hounding me by email they intimidate people as a pensioner lm very upset ..l have serious amnesia so don't know how to seek help..they can kill older people terrorizing them like they do..Scottish power should be stopped l took over this property from a person with a similar name l keep recieving their bills l was with octopus energy and changed to eon
Why do they hate the disabled and steal money? complaint no. 8304822488/0000000320 switched in error due to a salesman lying about costs and writing my contact details incorrectly, I did contact them to cancel the NEXT DAY but a payment of £60 taken in error in september, told I can't switch back until OCTOPUS (best energy supplier ever, great customer service) told me an erroneous transfer could be. Scottish power have hung on me, lied to me, told me to do a DDI (direct debit indemnity) to reclaim the funds which they challenged so I was redebited in november. They have no contact number for their complaints department, nor schedule time for calls. They have no understanding of vulnerable customers. They have left me unable to pay my bills this month, after leaving me unable to buy food last month. I have FMS, BPD, ASD and other disabilities which have worsened due to the financial stress and emotional upset caused which means I am losing wages. They do not respond to emails in a timely manner. They do not respect working hours, having called me during school hours more than once. I even had a salescall where they tried to convince me to switch during all this. Now it has been escalated to the ombudsman, they are refusing to refund my money and refusing to provide a resolution despite the ombudsman stating they would be able to do so. Scottish power claimed my refund would be through 13/11 but then changed their tune, stating I needed to provide meter readings for a 'final bill' when an erroneous transfer means I should never have been charged - I provided readings to them and octopus, meaning my octopus account has been debited and is overdrawn. I did not get a reply from scottish power. Worst energy company in the world. No customer service skills, no care for their customers, obviously no compassion for those unwell and worst of all I ALREADY LOGGED A COMPLAINT EARLIER THIS YEAR IN MARCH WHEN THEY OPENED AN ACCOUNT WITHOUT CONSENT IN MY NAME AT A COMPLETELY DIFFERENT ADDRESS AND COMPENSATED ME FOR THAT. Ridiculous, seriously hope they go bust and octopus take them over.
My father in law and mother in law have been without heating or hot water for 3 WEEKS. My mother in law suffers from dementia and my father in law is trying his best to be the best support to her. It is disgusting how you are treating your customers especially those who are already going through a lot. I hate to think how your customers suffer who don't have a supportive family around them. Whenever my father in law calls up SP to try to sort it you put him in a continuous loop of passing to another customer service rep and being put on hold for 40+ mins with no resolution whilst he juggles a wife suffering from dementia. Your service is inconsiderate, inhumane and appalling.
Submitted a complaint in June 2021, replies were wholly unacceptable escalated it to CEO/directors office in September, a number of deadlines given as to when replies will come none achieved still heard nothing after two months Escalated to ofgem
Trying to help an elderly widdowed neighbor who was concerned about the noise and heat from a Economy 7 meter, contacted SP for a safety check. Approx. three months later three missed appointments and two, "cannot do because of lack of qualifications", escalating twice the complaints process, she cannot take the stress any more and has given up. Let's hope no one will have to say,"lesson will be learnt".
When you leave them they.keep harassing you for bills you have paid and threaten legal action against disgusting energy company
I would give zero stars if I could. They are shocking. Everything they do. Atrocious. DO NOT GO WITH THEM
very very bad do not ever use this supply they are really bad at dealing with phone calls line keep cutting off very very bad service
Worst company was with them about 6 year ago they charged ridicules amount for electricity now I'm not with them anymore want to charged me for a address I not lived under scarring about debit agency joke they are just want to make money do not use them
Joined Scottish Power after receiving phone call and high pressure ,promised my In Home Display would continue to work as I rely on it due to being disabled, it’s not worked in nearly 3 months ,I’ve been promised things ,lied too, taken for an idiot and was rung from their Complaints department who told me and I quote “ I should go back to EDF, They are not going to help me ,I’d have to put up with no display and the worst yet ,I SHOULD NOT PLAY THE DISABLED CARD. Not sure where these bunch of arrogant ,uncaring wankers get their training but they have left me in severe distress and don’t seem to care one bit.
These scumbags have been claiming I've been using an insane amount of electricity from a smart metre that doesn't exist. I live alone and don't see how it is possible to be using that much to make the price shoot all the way up. Be better Scottish Power you incompetent twonks!
Customer service is rubbish. They simply will not (or are incapable of) answering simple questions, such as ' will paying by direct debit on this tariff save me money'. The irritating woman on the other side of the phone just repeated the same message (obviously reading from a screen) over and over again. In addition to the awful customer service, there entire website system for making payments is horrendously flawed. After entering the gas and electricity meter readings, the bill amount was calculated and I then paid by debit card. Two days later I get an email from then demanding payment for a higher amount. I am going to ditch Scottish Power as soon as possible and go elsewhere.
Without a doubt the worst company I have ever dealt with. Yet again, a call back was promised by a manager named Holly Cornwall, and yet again no call back was received. Avoid this company at all costs, they really are useless. Ongoing issue for 3 months, no further forward now then when it was initially raised. If you want to stay sane DO NOT join this energy supplier, you will honestly regret it. Trust all the negative reviews you read !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Really helpful and informative
If I could give no stars and still review this firm I would Customer services are rude blunt abrupt dismissive and don’t give a flying hoots about any customers whatsoever
If you value your peace of mind avoid Scottish Power at all cost. They will Rob you blind and not care less. They are a bunch of con artist that treat their customers with contept. Just look at all the previous reviews and you will get a full picture of just how awful this company truly is. Do not give them your custom as you will most certainly regret it. This review is from a relieved to be ex customer
Dreadful customer service. Asked for a smart meter. Didn't receive one then had numerous emails stating they couldn't connect to my smart meter. The final nail in the coffin was when they contacted me to say they had received my request NOT to install one.
This Company is a plague on the Public, the Regulator and Ombudsman have no effect as they are to big. They need to lose more customers and shut them down. Customer Service is none existant, run by a woman who no longer works there ( they can't even keep that up to date). The staff are arrogant (most of them in Delhi I think) , ineffective, incompetent, ignorant, and would wear out bouncing if they worked for me. They lied to British Gas when I tried to switch, and even when reminded of their legal obligation to do so will not provide copy of the communication to help me sue them. I never.owed them a penny. Reviews don't lie, their customers say they are rubbish (can't use the expletives I would like). Owned by a Spanish Company it's no more Scottish than BMW. Save yourselves go elsewhere, do it now, don't wait till you need them or want service it will be to late.
I need to express my absolute disgust at the lack of customer service I have received over the past few weeks from the absolute useless agents that have failed to assist my daughter in what should have been a very simple transaction. I have called at least 8 times in the past two weeks to change the direct debit details and have been told all sorts of incorrect information. I am supposed to have been added to my daughter's account as a third party as she has short term memory loss and is unable to read or write. I was told I have not been added to the account and that my daughter would have to ring in even though she was sat next to me. So I rang the number for her and we started the whole process again. The lady took the new direct debit details and asked Ellie if it was okay to speak with me. The biggest joke is I have been paying the direct debit out of my bank for nearly 3 years and it was my name on the account but as we had just changed the account name in to my daughters they couldn't speak to me until Ellie gave her permission so you would now think the new details have been updated and save, oh no that was too simple the next day I receive and email saying the direct debit details have been cancelled so I am forced to call the incompetent Scottish Power team again and you have guessed it no one saved the information and they cannot speak to me. My daughter then gives them her permission to talk to me and I tell them why are you unable to see that I am a third party on the account due to my daughter having learning difficulties? The reply was that the agents I have spoken to have not added or saved any notes, this is unbelievable as this is standard practice when you are a call handler. We then get cut off how convenient, I call again and we start the whole process again and this lady tells me my daughters new direct debit details are in the system she confirmed the last few digits of the sort code and bank details she also said I had been added as a third party to the account and yes you guessed it another email was sent a week later saying the direct debit had been cancelled. OMG are people really that incompetent????? So I called again today and spent another hour speaking to a pleasant young man called Ahmed who put me on hold and tried to find out what was going on he came and said so sorry but you have not been added as a third party and I do not know why the direct debit was cancelled, I thanked him for his help and hung up. My daughter is a priority member and when I asked if they could see this they said yes she has dementia which is not correct she has learning disabilities and short term memory loss so you cannot even get that correct. On one of the occasions the agent could not understand my daughter when she was trying to give SP agent her postcode and the agent insisted she had to do this before she could speak to me so she asked Ellie if she could do it in the phonetic alphabet I jumped in on the call and gave the postcode. I have run out of room on the SP complaints form so I shall finish my complaint on Google and TrustPilot . I have been offered a call back on the 1st of October 2021 really wow. Scottish Power if this is how you treat people with disabilities, who are supposed to be priority customers you seriously need investigating. I have not enjoyed chasing SP. My daughter lives 200 miles from me and we thought we had sorted this when I went to visit her but Scottish Power seems to be incapable of completing simple transactions or requests. I have seen on an online forum the biggest complaints you receive are regarding Direct debits being cancelled or the payments not being taken. This has been a problem since 2016. I have not got SP bank details and have set up the direct debit myself as it was so simple to do. Thank you for stressing my daughter and myself out causing us so much inconvenience and anxiety. If I could give you a minus score I would give you minus 5. Ref Number 8302005944
Scottish power emptied our account after breaking the contract Scottish power broke the fixed-rate 12-month contract we had, twice in the very same year! They then put us on a much dearer energy tariff, emptied our bank account, putting us in financial difficulty, all without notifying us at all. We only found out when they contacted us to notify about the price rise, but we were on a fix-rate contract! When we called them, they said we are not the only one, it happened to others too. The customer service agents are so incompetent, so unprofessional and lying continuously. They hang up the phone when they don't know what to do. The last straw was, when they closed our account, only to open another and without repaying the money they owed us, as they are incompetent to resolve the issue they caused without closing the account, again all without our knowledge. We spent 12 hours to resolve the issue to no avail. We are having a break down. They have no managers, so these incompetent, untrained, unmonitored and lying customer service agents are running wild, doing as they like, because they are not held accountable. The recorded calls are not listened even after we requested. When we called back, small world, we caught the man who promised to refund the money they scammed from our bank account, but then did not honour his promise. It is unbelievable how he spoke to us once he got confronted. He said, he may call back if he can, or may be not, and that they can change the contracts as they please, he closed the account without repaying the overcharge but he can't refund us now because he doesn't know how to. He then started talking to himself, singing, whistling, whilst we were on the line, crying out of frustration. We wasted another hour and ten minutes on the phone and he still did not resolve my problem. He promised to call us today at 11, we knew he is dishonest but we had no choice, he cheated us, again. Since I spoke to another customer service, who arrogantly questioned us as to why we do not claim the overcharges from our bank instead of bothering Scottish power. Please share your experience if you suffered the similar fate. That is, they put you in a fixed rate contract for a year, then cancel it a month after (11 months short), putting you on a strand rate which is three times more expensive and empty your account in your sleep, all without giving any notification. As they were bragging about, this happened to others, so we are not their only victims to be abuses financially emotionally and mentally. They manipulate your account, bills, live on the phone, close one account open another without your knowledge, no way to proof that you are scammed. Together, we need to appeal to their gross misconduct.
Scottish Power is rated 1.1 based on 837 reviews