Sport Chek Reviews

Bogdan
Sport Chek 1 star review on 22nd May 2020
Ana
More Photos & Videos
ordered 2 badminton racquets from the website a few months ago. it was buy 1 and get the 2nd for 50% off.
I managed to get both items in my cart and paid online. I get an email indicating they can't find the 2nd one which happened to be the 50% off so was charge full price for one racquet.

So I gave them the benefit of the doubt.

Yesterday I order 2 Tennis racquets because they have the buy 1 and get the 2nd 50% off. This time i decided to order the same racquet. On the website they had it available in 3 diff sizes. So I put them in my cart and pay online.

Guess what? they sent me the one racquet at full price and indicate they are sold out. I check the website the next day and they are all out of stock in all sizes.

I tried to send a negative email concerning this to customer service and when time to submit the wheel just kept spinning (could not submit). i try again a few minutes later and the webpage to sumbit is now down and being updated.

Never shopping here again.
My wife and I would give a Zero if we could. We have been customers for years. We had ordered to Jackets and only one showed up, after the bs investigation, the bs response was sorry but suck it up basically. Tried calling today to speak to a Manager, spent an hour on the phone only to be told to call back. This is not how you treat your customers
Don't buy a gift certificate for anyone for sport Chek. They consider the funds theirs and won't refund any of the difference if you don't spend the entire amount. Nothing but bad experiences in Sport Chek.
Online order. Received wrong winter jacket. The one that I received was not even listen on the website. I wonder how they got it wrong with a jacket they do not have anywhere on their website. I called customer service and I was asked to return it and wait for them to receive it to receive my money back to then re-order it again! I was extremely disappointed. This could take up to two weeks or more and on top of that I would have to myself re-order to then risk the same thing again. I am keeping the jacket as I am afraid to lose the jacket and the money spent if it is lost in the mail. This is not my first time getting the wrong product or damaged products while ordering online. I am not going to try them out again after this. I have learned my lesson. Going into their stores is the only way to ensure quality of product. My winter boots came (in with a big scratches at the front (like a box cutter scratched it?) and one of the side is not stitched properly. My winter boots of last year squeaked so loudly and this is why I was buying a new pair (both ordered online). Go inside the store to avoid such hassle. I am not happy.
Took a bike into the Southridge mall Sudbury store for a tune-up. The employee assisting me was rude and condescending. When it first happened I thought perhaps he was having a bad day but his behaviour was the same on my second visit. I will not return.
Waiting in line at Guildford Sport Check. 9 people ahead of me with one cashier working. Pathetic
Just before COVID, I purchased an item from Sportchek and was told I could return it for a full refund (over $100 value). Understandably when COVID hit, they were not accepting refunds but assured me that I could return the item at a later date. When stores fully closed, I spoke with multiple customer service agents who assured me that I could return the item up to 45 days after that location reopened. As soon as the store reopened, they would not refund my item but said they would take it and give me store credit. I waited until another Sportchek location reopened and was told the same thing. Really? I purchased the item a few days before store closures. What was I supposed to do? And MULTIPLE reps confirmed I would have no issues returning it. It also didn't match the information on their website. So fine, I took the store credit. I picked out something online just to use the credit and ended up having to pay over $25 more in shipping. Now I'm told that the item has been lost in transit and will not ship to my house, but I have to pick it up from a shipping centre that's over an hour and a half away. I don't own a car and have to use public transit, which I'm already not comfortable re: COVID. Cool Sportcheck. Cool.
SPORTCHECK IS THE WORST!!!!! NEVER EVER GET ANYTHING FROM THEM ONLINE!!!!! My fiance ordered an sport shoe and two dumbells online worths about 350CAD, we were waiting g for a month for that and didn't received any email/ notification/call from them, finally we called them, and the lady said it has been delivered!! We are in a condo building; nobody contacted us or concierge for it They just left the package at entrance!!!!! UNBELIEVABLE!!! the lady said it is our responsibility to take the package from the entrance, by continues checking the delivery!!!! It sounds like a joke, but sadly its true!!! She opened the a case for us we insisted to talk to a manager; she was very reluctant to connect us to a manager; hold us for 20 min on the phone, and again came and asked: " I have opened a case fir you, why do you want to talk to a manager?" And we insisted again; agai we were on hold for a few minutes, and then it was interrupted!!!! She even didn't try to call us!!!!! So unprofessional!!!! My advice: Never buy anything online from them!!!!
Avoid this company. Ordered from the store to be delivered to my home - no delivery after more than week, no ability to get refund, still waiting for resolution. Terrible customer service
Avoid this company for orders ONLINE, they are terrible. No customer service, no contacts. They sent wrong product and to return it is a NIGHTMARE! They should shutdown the online store.
I brought my bike to tuneup after a year of mild use. They kept the bike for a week. The biggest surprise was when I had a first bike ride. The chain jumped from one sprocket to another and back. The chain is very loose. I stopped riding the bike and called the customer service. Thy never came back and now I have to go to do tuneup. DO NOT USE SPORT CHECK, AVOID THEM YOU WILL SAVE TIME AND MONEY.
brought my bike for tuneup and afer pick up the bike I ride it for 1 hour and chain start jumping from one gear/sprocket to other and back. The tuneup was the worst could happen to my bike. DO NOT USE SPOTRCHECK TO TUNEUP THE BIKE. THY HAVE NO IDEA WHAT THEY ARE DOING. SAVE YOUR TIME AND MONEY.
I received a promo by mail offering VIP discount on merchandise up to 70%, I went to the store and merchandise already had discounts over original prices which were more than VIP prices,Sport Check rose the price of the merchandise the night before so there were no actual discounts it was a scam, the store is located at Penn Centre St. catharines, Ontario
Says in the app delivering within 5 business days, but it’s more than 8 days haven’t received it yet :( :( :(
Unfortunately I can’t tell you about the products but what I can tell you is the horrendous service. I called ahead to ensure the specific product I wanted was there they confirmed and the man said he had it before his eyes then when I arrived he told me it was never there. Go here if you want bad and rude service. I would write 0 stars if I could!!!
Pathetic customer service. Ordered a Bicycle pump. It was broken when I received it. Had to take the box to Canada post and ship it back to them. I was told by customer care that I would receive a gift card when the pump is received. The pump reached the warehouse and when I called customer care today, I was too that I will receive the gift card via email in a month. What freaking sense does that make? I am not surprised by the rating sportcheck has here. Totally deserved
Unglaublich abreisserisches Unternehmen. Mahnt Beträge, die nie in Rechnung gestellt wurden, verschicken Lieferscheine statt Rechnungen und lassen den Kunden glauben, er erhalte noch eine Rechnung, man verrechnet Zinsen auf offenen Rechnungen, die nie gestellt wurden, man verschickt Mahnungen unter Betreibungsandrohung ohne die Mahngebühr von Fr. 10.- aufzuführen, damit man den Betrag abermals mahnen kann. Pfui, Finger weg von Sportscheck!
I purchased an official match soccer ball recently for $120 and received a replica soccer ball worth $50. The ball came in the packaging of an official but on the ball it clearly said replica. I talked to customer support and was able to get a refund. This is not the first time I was scammed by sport check. Earlier this year in June I purchased a pair of goalkeeper gloves in size 10. Instead I received a pair of gloves with only one strap (there should be 2, one for each glove) and the gloves were in different sizes. One of the gloves was size 8 and the other one was size 9 when they both should be 10. In addition to this, the glove box was completely destroyed and ripped. K
... still waiting for my item after 3 weeks. When I filled a customer service form online I received an email saying that they can’t respond. And my tracking # says it’s not processed. I don’t even know how to return it now!
It’s about time that we shop somewhere else when this pandemic is over. Sport Chek cannot even answer an email right now. Why is that? Being that personal in store shopping is down, can’t you hire some employees to answer emails? I wanted to know why you have so many mountain bikes listed online but none of them are available in any store for customer pick up. I wanted to know if you could find one of these bikes that you have advertised on your website and ship it to my local Sport Chek for me to pick up? Either you start helping your online customers now or you are going to be losing them in the future.
Sport Chek is rated 1.60 based on 260 reviews