Sport Chek Reviews

6AM

Tell us how Sport Chek made you happy

Telephone, Email, Live Chat
Over a week
"I ordered a pair of capix m5 01 19 Rollerblades at sherway gardens,25 the west mall,cru 1690. When i got to the store i was told i was supposed to wait for a confirmation but its ok they will take care of me. After waiting for about 30 minutes the assistant told me that the guy was just confirming the email he will have everything ready in a few minutes.30 minutes later a guy comes up quickly made me sign for a box double packaged and left. I took the box to the car ,on the way home i opened it to find out that the rollerblades were used and in bad condition, the wheels were worn, a hole in the side, used brakes! We had to turn around and go back . when i got back the assistant took the blades i explained the situtation, they assured me that everything would be taken care of and if they cant find me a good pair they would price match me on another and i wouldnt have to pay the difference! With that being said she brought out 3 pairs of rollerblades due to the fact they could not find me a good pair of the ones i ordered. After sampling the rollerblades i made my choice, the manager then comes out and tells me i cant get those ones because theyre more expensive than the original ones i ordered and would have to pay a 170 dollar difference. I was so upset i asked the assistant wether i would have to pay the difference she said "No!" they knew the blades were in poor condition yet still they decided ti package it and rush me out the door and i drove all they way from toronto .im so dissapointed i wasted my entire day and they act like they dont even care!"
Are you Sport Chek? Gain access to your dashboard so you can reply to this review. Free Access
"Ordered a bionic golf glove left hand on line and I was sent right hand glove. Returned it to Owen Sound store and reordered ....when I got home and got confirmation email glove ordered was the wrong size. Called the store and was told they couldn't change the order and told me to call customer service. Called customer service and they couldn't change order so cancelled the order. Tried to reorder but had trouble entering my credit card number into my phone. Gave up as a bad experience."
"I ordered a pair of runners online because they don't carry them in the store and when I received them them they sent the wrong size and the box was completely destroyed. I had to take them to the store to return them and they could not get me another pair. I placed an order for a pair of runners and tank top as they don't carry them in the store. Somehow the items were sent from different places and I had to get someone to receive both orders for me because I can't have them delivered to my front door. They should tell you this when you are placing the order so you can decide if you want place it or not. I received the pair of runners and again the box was demolished. Returned the shoes as they weren't comfortable and the tank top came with a hole it so back to the store to return it. If they can't ship properly then they shouldn't offer online shopping. This one of the problems with online shopping."
"They cancelled my order days after I ordered it without notice,absolutely ridiculous I don't want a refund I want the SHOES I ordered I will remember this the next time I want shoes don't order from here It is a waste of time. In fact too make it worse it was during the time they were doing a really good sale on the shoes now will not get a deal and if we we want the shoe we have too pay full price think about that the next time your order from this horrible company that just cancels your order like its no big deal FOUR DAYS after you order it so save your time and money on another shoe company superior too this trashy one come on sport check come on this is something I expect from a random sketchy website not Sportchek THE Sportcheck I honestly expect better save some time and money and go somewhere else I am very very VERY mad and disappointed DO NOT order here You will just end up angry and disappointed like I am save yourself the hassle and order somewhere else"
"Constantly selling products to only tell you they are not in stock a few days after you're purchase."
"Never special order for a size of rollerblade. I was told they would order in a special size they took my credit card number took my email and said the order would be in within about five days. They said they would email me when item arrived. I never heard a word from them. Eight days later I have to go to the store to find out what's going on. They couldn't get the item. I was informed of this at the west Edmonton store and I wasn't sure if my credit card was charged or not. I even phoned four days after the initial so called purchase to see if the item had come in and was not informed that they where out of stock in The items size at this time. Who runs this west Edmonton mall store not happy with this kind of service at all"
"Honestly, the Sport Chek in Richmond Centre is good. They helped me a lot with my skateboarding helmet. They explained to me why I shouldn't use the ice skating or biking helmet and checked all the styles online for me. Also, they taught me what I need to prepare for skateboarding and even recommended me a professional skateboarding shop. That's a lot of help! Thanks!"
"I have purchased items at Sport Chek in early June and again today July 13, 2019. Both times there was an in store promotion for $30.00. Both times that I have purchased items, the cashiers have failed to provide me with the gift card promotion. I have asked both times and the response is oh yeah I forgot... and then they have to modify the invoice. Coincidence???? I don't think so. The $30.00 voucher is not the greatest either, the expiry is within weeks of your purchase. I note that there is seldom sales at Sports Chek. All other sporting goods stores have great discounts and better costumer service. After today, I will never go back there again."
"Ordered a $12 pair of weight trying gloves since SC ships to Canada Post outlets I figured they'd use the same method to my place, WRONG! Courier I found out, great now I have to play tag and wait with those idiots, well turns out they blew off my place completely and I received a call from their depot saying it was ready for pick up. I basically told them where to stick it and if I have to leave my place I'm going to buy local cause that defeats the purpose of ONLINE shopping."
"Ordered a bike on Friends and Family day, arrived in wrong beat up box with broken parts. Returned to store then tried to buy another one online & was told by shift supervisor 'suggest you purchase a bike from another retailer' , this after 3-4 hours on phone trying to rectify situation. 3 agents said we can't sell you the bike you see online, its too high of a pricetag and the order isnt going through. Horrible customer service."
"uper disappointed with Sport Chek! I find a bike online for a great price and 5 days later they come back and say they don't have it in their fulfillment centers. Why the hell is it online then? Oh and of course I can purchase another one at a much higher price. Isn't there a law against this kind of bait and switch? BTW, I was a first time buyer, guess it's my last time too!"
"Their "customer service" is a joke"
"Don't expect any communication from them, or for the customer service team to go out of their way whatsoever to actually provide customer service. I would give them less than one star if I could."
"I ordered a kids football jersey, I used their true fit size to figure out the size I needed. It suggested I buy a medium, when I received it, the medium was way to small for a football jersey. I sent an email to the company to mention this, their reply was to send me a link to purchase another one. Thanks SportChek, $40 down the drain. Great customer support."
"Completely displeased with my purchase from sportchek. They will have you waiting for weeks, and then end up cancelling your order without giving anything for the terrible service they failed to provide. Don't buy from here."
"Never order online."
"They have a terrible online service. They never deliver on time. Never order online with these guys. Very bad service"
"Customer service is terrible. I ordered a golf club online. It came without a headcover. They tried to tell me that it wasn't part of the order. Online in the pictures there is clearly a headcover. The case was forwarded to one of their case managers. There was absolutely no communication from them to inform me what was happening. I had to call them several times trying to find out what was happening. Still no timelines. Not the fault of the people on the phones. Clearly a management issue. I guess they are not interested in making customers happy. Be aware before ordering."
"Shipping is a joke"
"This was my first time ordering from Sport Chek. I ordered a pair of Adidas basketball shoes. When I received them they have the plastic retail anti-shoplifting devices stuck to the shoes. They look like they were hanging around a store for a while too. Not impressed."
Sport Chek is rated 1.94 based on 90 reviews