Sport Chek Reviews

Bogdan
Sport Chek 1 star review on 22nd May 2020
Ana
More Photos & Videos
SPORTCHECK IS THE WORST!!!!! NEVER EVER GET ANYTHING FROM THEM ONLINE!!!!! My fiance ordered an sport shoe and two dumbells online worths about 350CAD, we were waiting g for a month for that and didn't received any email/ notification/call from them, finally we called them, and the lady said it has been delivered!! We are in a condo building; nobody contacted us or concierge for it They just left the package at entrance!!!!! UNBELIEVABLE!!! the lady said it is our responsibility to take the package from the entrance, by continues checking the delivery!!!! It sounds like a joke, but sadly its true!!! She opened the a case for us we insisted to talk to a manager; she was very reluctant to connect us to a manager; hold us for 20 min on the phone, and again came and asked: " I have opened a case fir you, why do you want to talk to a manager?" And we insisted again; agai we were on hold for a few minutes, and then it was interrupted!!!! She even didn't try to call us!!!!! So unprofessional!!!! My advice: Never buy anything online from them!!!!
Avoid this company. Ordered from the store to be delivered to my home - no delivery after more than week, no ability to get refund, still waiting for resolution. Terrible customer service
Avoid this company for orders ONLINE, they are terrible. No customer service, no contacts. They sent wrong product and to return it is a NIGHTMARE! They should shutdown the online store.
I brought my bike to tuneup after a year of mild use. They kept the bike for a week. The biggest surprise was when I had a first bike ride. The chain jumped from one sprocket to another and back. The chain is very loose. I stopped riding the bike and called the customer service. Thy never came back and now I have to go to do tuneup. DO NOT USE SPORT CHECK, AVOID THEM YOU WILL SAVE TIME AND MONEY.
brought my bike for tuneup and afer pick up the bike I ride it for 1 hour and chain start jumping from one gear/sprocket to other and back. The tuneup was the worst could happen to my bike. DO NOT USE SPOTRCHECK TO TUNEUP THE BIKE. THY HAVE NO IDEA WHAT THEY ARE DOING. SAVE YOUR TIME AND MONEY.
I arrived at sportchek with one minute remaining before close. My son had a broken toe and we needed running shoes with good support. We had bought ASICS runners that didn’t work out elsewhere and they had no replacements. We were desperate and I was really disappointed that the store was closing. I asked them if we could please come in quickly and they allowed us to come in and buy shoes, and were very patient and accommodating. Thank you!
I received a promo by mail offering VIP discount on merchandise up to 70%, I went to the store and merchandise already had discounts over original prices which were more than VIP prices,Sport Check rose the price of the merchandise the night before so there were no actual discounts it was a scam, the store is located at Penn Centre St. catharines, Ontario
Says in the app delivering within 5 business days, but it’s more than 8 days haven’t received it yet :( :( :(
Unfortunately I can’t tell you about the products but what I can tell you is the horrendous service. I called ahead to ensure the specific product I wanted was there they confirmed and the man said he had it before his eyes then when I arrived he told me it was never there. Go here if you want bad and rude service. I would write 0 stars if I could!!!
Pathetic customer service. Ordered a Bicycle pump. It was broken when I received it. Had to take the box to Canada post and ship it back to them. I was told by customer care that I would receive a gift card when the pump is received. The pump reached the warehouse and when I called customer care today, I was too that I will receive the gift card via email in a month. What freaking sense does that make? I am not surprised by the rating sportcheck has here. Totally deserved
Unglaublich abreisserisches Unternehmen. Mahnt Beträge, die nie in Rechnung gestellt wurden, verschicken Lieferscheine statt Rechnungen und lassen den Kunden glauben, er erhalte noch eine Rechnung, man verrechnet Zinsen auf offenen Rechnungen, die nie gestellt wurden, man verschickt Mahnungen unter Betreibungsandrohung ohne die Mahngebühr von Fr. 10.- aufzuführen, damit man den Betrag abermals mahnen kann. Pfui, Finger weg von Sportscheck!
I purchased an official match soccer ball recently for $120 and received a replica soccer ball worth $50. The ball came in the packaging of an official but on the ball it clearly said replica. I talked to customer support and was able to get a refund. This is not the first time I was scammed by sport check. Earlier this year in June I purchased a pair of goalkeeper gloves in size 10. Instead I received a pair of gloves with only one strap (there should be 2, one for each glove) and the gloves were in different sizes. One of the gloves was size 8 and the other one was size 9 when they both should be 10. In addition to this, the glove box was completely destroyed and ripped. K
... still waiting for my item after 3 weeks. When I filled a customer service form online I received an email saying that they can’t respond. And my tracking # says it’s not processed. I don’t even know how to return it now!
It’s about time that we shop somewhere else when this pandemic is over. Sport Chek cannot even answer an email right now. Why is that? Being that personal in store shopping is down, can’t you hire some employees to answer emails? I wanted to know why you have so many mountain bikes listed online but none of them are available in any store for customer pick up. I wanted to know if you could find one of these bikes that you have advertised on your website and ship it to my local Sport Chek for me to pick up? Either you start helping your online customers now or you are going to be losing them in the future.
one star, for using canada post for delivery. cheap fricks.
I get we have to be patient.. but, I'm waiting for a $5. t shirt,I only bought because of the sale. I've waited 3 weeks.. still waiting. I could ( and shouldve) waled 12 minutes to my nearest Sport Chek.. I will be phoning customer service..
There was a promo for 30x the rewards. It’s the main reason I made an online purchase for a pair of shorts and a pair of pants. I received an email days later that they didn’t have the shorts, but they had the pants. I then received a second email saying they didn’t have the pants either. I sent an email asking why they would offer products online that they didn’t even have. They never even responded to my email. Terrible customer service!
They never sent the item I purchased and were impossible to get ahold of for a month. I am still waiting for them to get around to refunding me the money I am owed. Customer service is a complete joke when you call you get an automated message that nobody can answer your call at this time and to call back later. Don't bother calling back because it will always be the same message. It takes this company a month to even acknowledge you made a request for a refund. They will then tell you it takes 5 to 7 days which is a total lie. I will never buy another item from this company after this ridiculous experience. Steer clear of any online ordering from Sport Chek spend your money somewhere else where it will be appreciated.
So I am at Sportcheck Red Deer alberta.

You sanitize your hands when you walk in,which I am totally fine with.

I am in there shoe department looking at some shoes. I pick up a display shoe as I am looking for a comfortable shoe. I was told by a worker that I can not touch the display shoes but I can ask an associate to get me a pair of shoes from the back to try.
How does that make sense as I could try on 50 pairs and touch 50 pairs?
There is people including myself touching clothes and putting them back on the rack. How is that any different than a display shoe ?
Hang in there folks! Your package will arrive without warning.
Ordered a bike on May 23rd. On May 26 received the UPS tracking code suggesting the package was "ready for UPS". For the next 4 weeks I checked on the status frequently...nothing changed. Contacted Sportchek helpdesk, no reply. Suddenly, after 4 weeks, still with the "ready for UPS" status, my bike showed up at the door delivered by another no-named courrier. I suspect UPS or Sportchek is completely overwhelmed with orders and have sub-contracted these alternate courriers. Clearly this explains why the tracking status never changed, since UPS never took the package. Would have been nice to get some kind of update throughout the 4 weeks wait. I was even considering calling my credit card company to report fraud.
Hopefully, this review, although bad, provides some hope for others which are awaiting their delivery. Otherwise, think twice about ordering from Sportchek these days...Crazy times.
Sport Chek is rated 1.60 based on 250 reviews