Sport Chek Reviews

of reviewers recommend Sport Chek
Over 7 Days
Over a week

Tell us how Sport Chek made you happy
I ordered a few items over the Internet and one item came in packaging all ripped and taped up and the item had scuff marks and was clearly used. They sent me another one and didn't charge shipping after I complained and I returned the used one to a local store. Ordered a few items from their sister company, Atmosphere.ca and the same thing happened, got a used item in torn and ripped packaging. What is their policy, send all the used junk to the warehouse to sell to unsuspecting Internet customers?
Don’t waste your time it’s quicker to order online. I waited twenty minutes for one pair of shoes to be brought out he didn’t come back to check on me when we finally found someone 20 minutes later for a second pair he said sorry were closed. Their was no announcement to let us know or anything. This occurred again I thought I’d give them a second chance I stood by the shoes for 20 minutes with shoes in hand befor I just went online and ordered them cause I had seen no one. Seriously disappointed in how lazy this staff is.
Well, first I would like to say I don't believe cell phones should be allowed on the employee when they are "working". At Sport Chek in the Georgian Mall I needed some help with a few shirt sizes so I went over to an employee named Hannah who was kinda in a corner. I interrupted her texting, when she should have been "working". She told me "just a minute", and she would be with me. Like seriously???? Phones should be in a locker and used on a break. I told her not to worry and I would find someone else who is actually working. She did have an attitude and shrugged her shoulders and went back to her phone. This behaviour should not be tolerated. I ended up going to Champs where NO ONE was on their phones and were eager to help. Clearly she is not able to work openly on the floor. Maybe she should be at cash checkout where she can't be on her phone, and maybe get an attitude adjustment cause it is horrible.
Only got shipped one of the 2 for 1 items on my order. Called customer service and they told me too send the order back. Super snotty customer support person on the phone.
I have 3 sons and they took advantage of Sport Chek's buy 3 get 1 free special on Saxx underwear. Over the next 3 weeks we got many order updates and partial deliveries. In the end only 1 'free' pair of Saxx arrived, 2 didn't - out of stock. So much for trying to take advantage of the special. Saxx are expensive so I called customer service and they gave me an online credit for the value of two bonus pairs that didn't arrive. I tried to order again to use up the online credit. Again, partially out of stock. I really have no idea how many we bought or how many arrived or how many we should have received. It was a frustrating, ridiculous experience and I will never order online at Sport Check again.
Ordered online, only received half my order. Purolator said they never received the missing product from Sport Chek. Had to open a casefile with Sport Chek and have received little correspondence. Today it has been over 3 weeks and so I called - Sport Chek refuses to refund my money saying they are still investigating with Purolator. Terrible, Terrible, Terrible.
To-day,Jan.24 I was at the Sunridge Sportcheck to do an exchange. The item was not available in the store,so the cashier,Sydney,did the return and ordered the item on line.I have never in my 60+ years had such excellent customer service - so pleasant and helpful.She should be considered for future advancement!
I bought some items online that were satisfaction guaranteed by SAXX. They were sent to me with security items attached so I couldn't even wear them. I went to the store to return them and they told me that they couldn't accept returns on items that may have been "previously worn" which they weren't with the security tags in place. They gave me another number at SAXX to contact. This should be clearly stated online before clicking the "purchase" button. I also dealt with SAXX directly for other items and found their prices to be better and a no questions asked policy... 100% satisfaction promised and delivered. My suggestion is the store should stand behind the products they sell and they should have taken and returned the items themselves rather than given me the runaround. Also, the delivery from Sportchek took much longer than dealing with SAXX. I found the in-store service at Sportchek to be great; it's not their fault that the return policy sucks. I will avoid purchasing products as much as possible through Sportchek but I know that I cannot completely avoid them. I highly recommend that people try dealing directly with manufacturers where possible. Thanks!
Your prices in your stores are INSANE! I couldnt find a pair of basic sweat pants for under $60...some as high as $150???? WTF SPRTCHEK??? $40 for a pair of gich???? Never shop here again this store is for millionares and idiots with too much credit!
I wish to thank Terry and staff of the Owen Sound Sportcheck store for their amazing help and advice this past year... As grandparents of very sports minded kids...they have continued to advise us and help us. When our granddaughter’s ball clete broke a week before a provincial tourament Terry made sure a replacement was shipped to us..Duringthe purchase of back to school shoes and the “Black Friday/Christmas shopping they continued to help no matter how busy. Thanks Owen Staff
Found at Sportchek boots I could not find anywhere in the world at a very competitive price. Item shipped in 1 business day. Fast delivery. Received goods are perfect.
How do i give 0 stars? The ski shop could care less if i walked in the door or not. I needed a small adjustment on my daughters binding so she could be safe while skiing. The guy told me he didn't have time to deal with me. I went to play it again sports. They fixed the binding in less than 5 mins. NO CHARGE NO HASSLE! The day staff on Jan 11 was more interested in sitting around making appointment for somebody else to do the work. Zero customer service!!!!
1. Left 2 racquets to string on Jan 7th at Sport check Fairview Mall 2. Got conformation from employee that they’d be ready by Jan 8th 8pm 3. Got there Jan 8th 8:30p and, “SORRY Mr. Durscki, we “were going to call you” but we COULDN’T STRING ANY of your racquets”. “It takes too long and we were very busy” 4. Me: “you’ve got my number, why’d didn’t you call me?” I have a championship match at 9pm. 5. They: “sorry Roberto there’s nothing we can do” 6. After I left, they guy said, “we will waive you of the service fee of one racquet” me: “I already paid yesterday when I left them”. They: “we will give you a gift card” 7. After losing the championship by WO and going there today AGAIN. I got the racquets and asked for the gift card. As I got a “sorry sir we don’t do gift cards for these situations” 8. I GIVE UP. Sport check NEVER AGAIN.
Went to return/exchange an item received as a Christmas gift. I did not have a receipt as this was a gift. They did not have the size that I needed and was told that none of the stores had the requested size. I was told I that the item given as a gift could only be exchanged for the same item and I could not exchange for a similar item in the required size. They were only willing to refund 1/2 the price paid even though the price tag was still on the item. This doesn't make sense as if I were to return the item would they not sell it again for the original price? Does it make sense for them to be making money on a returned gift? Now I am stuck with an item that isn't even the proper size!
Poor store layout. Men’s and women’s clothes all together. Takes ages to figure out where items are. Also, ordered item online then had a call to say order had been cancelled by them. It turned up two days later. No idea what’s going on there.
I could tell you my story but I don’t need to you it but rather get to the point of “it’s been the worst experience in my 57 years.” Absolutely no effort to resolve the issue...to paraphrase them “it’s SUCKS to be me!!!!” I will never shop there again... Ray Drouin
I went to To the store. The salesman "checked online supplies" and told me he could order the item . I paid with my debit card. TIP OFF : The cashier told me the item might not be available. I got the cancellation & bait and switch emails. I did not get a refund. I found out my money had been placed on a gift card I did not ask for. I had to go to the store & waste almost an hour to get my money back .Do not buy from this store unless you can see the physical item in front of you
I received a $40 reward card on black Friday after I spent more than $150. A cashier charged me PST & GST including the $40 card. I was wondering why the store charged me tax for the card now? what if I don't use the card? Why I have to pay tax for it before I use it? But there were many customers waiting in front of cashiers, I just let it go. Several weeks later, when I bought a pair of shoes using the card, a cashier charged me PST & GST including $40 card again. I told him I've been charged tax when I got the card. The cashier said the stores do not charge tax when they hand out cards. I didn't have the receipt with me, so I paid tax including the $40 card again. Is it right for a big brand store doing things like this?
Waiting on an order I placed a month ago. Their tracking has being picked up and no further updates. Now they have to investigate in order for me to get a refund.
Horrible store! On Black Friday out of 6 items I ordered 5 different items and 4 orders got cancelled without explanation .
Sport Chek is rated 1.72 based on 151 reviews