Sport Chek Reviews

Bogdan
Sport Chek 1 star review on 22nd May 2020
Ana
More Photos & Videos
We were in the middle of looking for shoes for are daughter and are two boys that are in men’s sizes and the employee starts taking down all the sale prices so we had no idea the prices for anything it made the process very stressful. To make matters worse there was only one employee helping everyone for about 20 min and it was busy.
In the men’s sport check no employee came around and asked for Assistance,there was 8 customers in the store. Upon purchasing our 1item there was 2 returns and 1cashier we stood for a long time and almost walked out there should be a separate customer service for returns ??
I ordered a bike online from Sport Chek. When I ordered, the website said I could expect delivery in 5 to 7 days to my home. I waited and waited... nothing. They need to update their website to say delivery in 21 to 30 days. And then I went to work leaning on them to ship my order. I finally did receive it ... I specified I wanted a "new" bike after reading reviews of people who received used, dirty and obviously returned products. I won't be ordering from Sport Chek online again. Frustrating experience. I will wait until the stores open again. I gave them a 2 because I finally did receive my order and the bike arrived "new" in box. 3 hrs of assembly and adjustments later, but at least it was new.
Item I ordered showed as being sent out on April 21, but isn’t scheduled for delivery until May 4. Worst delivery for online orders
I love sportcheck products, they have low prices and always have deals going on, AND they have free shipping. The thing that bothers me is the very, very poor customer service. Every time I make an order something always seems to go wrong. Once the item I ordered never even came to my door, a couple of other times they have sent the wrong colour, and I have experienced them sending me the wrong size too. And mistakes are human but they have happened a handful of times at Sportcheck and it has always been hard to contact them after they mess up an order.
I find it unbelievable that when businesses are shutting down to help in the spread of the Coronavirus... that Sports Check remains open. Really in a business that revolves around health and wellness and they just limit their hours of operation. How does this help? How do you ensure the safety of your employees and customers? You can’t and to put your mangers in the position of having to schedule staff.
Shame on you guys for being more concerned about making a dollar then the safety of others contracting the virus.
CS representatives are nice, HOWEVER, the whole ordering process is inefficient. You will receive a confirmation email after you order and you're supposed to receive another follow-up, but you don't receive that email until your parcel is dispatched...about a week later!

CS rep said that they would remove shipping from my order, but I was charged. Email bill wasn't sent - again - 'til my parcel was on its way.

The problem is with its back-end of the entire ordering process. They're slow to process the order and update the customer.

Sure, returns are easily done at the store BUT you're minus your shipping cost!
I have purchased items at Sport Chek in early June and again today July 13, 2019. Both times there was an in store promotion for $30.00. Both times that I have purchased items, the cashiers have failed to provide me with the gift card promotion. I have asked both times and the response is oh yeah I forgot... and then they have to modify the invoice. Coincidence???? I don't think so. The $30.00 voucher is not the greatest either, the expiry is within weeks of your purchase. I note that there is seldom sales at Sports Chek. All other sporting goods stores have great discounts and better costumer service. After today, I will never go back there again.
I ordered a kids football jersey, I used their true fit size to figure out the size I needed. It suggested I buy a medium, when I received it, the medium was way to small for a football jersey. I sent an email to the company to mention this, their reply was to send me a link to purchase another one. Thanks SportChek, $40 down the drain. Great customer support.
I ordered a new heart monitor watch online. What I received was a used, repackaged watch that was missing all documentation and instructions, and the watch itself was covered with sticky fingerprints that seemed to have had strawberry jam on the hands when using the watch. If this is a returned product it should have been properly inspected and cleaned before sending it out as a new product - ultimately, it should not have been sent out as a new product to someone trusting the retailer to send out a new product
Ordered new shoes from the online store. Received a pair that had obviously been used. Stain on the upper left shoe.

Did a return in store, it was hassle free. I will try to order the same shoe again in a different colour as they did fit. Hopefully it'll be new this time around.
i have never seen a store that hiked up prices of items on clearance.
I am at sportcheck etobicoke and am having great difficulty finding any sales staff much less with any enthusiasm. I also asked for original price on a marked down product and was told head office will not provide. I find withholding of this information puzzling and suggest it is not a good customer policy.
Previous experiences have been much more positive.
I recently when to Sport Chek in Southcentre Mall in Calgary and the manager JJ has terrible; zero customer service. I went there to purchase a coat that was said to be available there online. My size and the colour I wanted. I had 2 wonderful staff members trying to find the coat in the back warehouse. Both could not find. I spoke with JJ who said “it’s probably in the back and we can’t open the boxes until the current sale was over.”
I was confused because I could have purchased on line and I would have gotten it, plus online stated it was at this store and other locations did have the coats on the floor; just not my size. JJ did nothing to resolve the situation. He was rude and it was clear that he didn’t care about the sale or not. I won’t go to that location again.
PS
The option to rate my customer service on this webpage didn’t work either.
Ordered 2 pair of shoes online. Got somebody else’s shipment.
Called customer service. Shoes are no longer available.
Was asked to send wrong shipment back, but no effort is made to find my order, was just asked to look for other shoes, which I am not going to do.
Very very disappointing . This was my first and last order with sport check.
I bought 7 pairs of SAXX underwear online. The underwear are great, but they were delivered with the security tags attached! I had to return to the sportchek store to have them removed! Kinda defeats the purpose of shopping online at sportchek.
Sport Chek is rated 1.60 based on 260 reviews