surprice car rental Reviews

of reviewers recommend surprice car rental

Tell us how surprice car rental made you happy
Io e mio marito ci rechiamo il 31/12 /2021, di mattina, in stazione centrale a Milano per prendere Ford Fiesta regolarmente pagata con carta di credito con numero di ordine:DYI-41934442 a Doyouitaly che ha fatto da tramite per conto di Surprice Car Rentals e e ci siamo resi conto che Surprice car rentals non ha rispettato alcune delle condizioni previste dal contratto: 1) Mancanza di catene da neve nell' auto noleggiata e regolarmente pagata online con carta di credito. 2) Mancanza dell' ufficio di Surprice car Rentals nella piazza Duca D'Aosta,1 Milano( all' interno della stazione ferroviaria per il ritiro dell' autoveicolo). Abbiamo quindi dovuto rinunciare ad auto già pagata e noleggiare un'altra! Ovviamente al momento nessun rimborso!!! Vergogna!!!
They stole our money
Sofia Airport Sur Price car rental. If only I had read the advice here. I thought all seemed to be ok at pickup. Guy didn't seemed to be concerned at pick up about a wee scratch here and there but I made him put down a few I seen. Well you just need to miss one and you'll have a debit on your card. Cheap price for rental but not so cheep when 490BGN taken off the credit card at drop off. The experience is like what so many others have stated here. Scamming the insurance company only puts the cost up for drivers
The worst rental car experience of my life by FAR!! I am 50 and traveled around the world constantly renting car almost everywhere and never had so bad experience!!! apart that Sur price take centuries to atend me when I first rented the car, they didnt offer me any options on insurance which is very strange since most companys want to sell it to you. I get the car for a very cheap price US.180 and sign the papers. When I gave back the car in perfect state and left then I get an email invoice for damage in the car for almost Euros 800, They where charging me a complete tire and paint for a 2cm little scratch in the mudguard, couldnt believe it, they say it was a hige risk but the photos show no sign of that, it was just a little chalk from the sidewalk when I park one day the car and hit it very slowly with the tire, it was really nothing, no bumps, no cut, just bit of chalk ,this really was ridicolous and abusive, they kept their position and keep saying you sign the contract like robots!!! you sign the contract, you sign the contract, what is true, so it looks very clear to me that the real bussiness here is to charge huge amounts of money for minimun or even non existing damage, thats is why is so cheap, they do the bussiness in the end, no good, a complete treat to get people by surfprise (which should be the real name of this rental car), absolutely Unrecommended!!
Arrangements, pick-up, car and drop-off were fine (Heathrow), in line with expectations for the price. However, they never returned my deposit and stopped responding to my communications. In the end my bank had to reverse the charge through their fraud division. I won't be using Surprice, Tempest or Carjet again.
Perhaps this goes down as a "lesson learned" but--like many people--I rent a car online without a full review of the contract. My mistake--but Surprices response to that mistake was essentially robbery. Arriving at the Naples Italy desk, I was informed that the contract stated that I needed an International Drivers License. To be honest, I had seen that in the contract, but having rented over 15 vehicles while working in Europe (inlcluding several in Italy), I figured that was a contract stipulation for dealing with Drivers IDs coming from countries not as frequently renting as those from the USA. We then asked that our contract be cancelled and were presented with a "Cancellation Report" that both the representative and I signed (and I kept a copy). I left the office to go make another reservation, believing that the matter was settled and I would receive a refund. Not so. I have now been informed by Qeeq, the search engine company I used to find Surprice, that I am being charged the full USD$406.51 of my rental. This is ridiculous--being charged the full rental and having received nothing. I can see them charging me for one or two days of the rental, or some kind of other service fee, but this is beyond ridiculous--it is theft. I strongly advise you to not use Surprice (look at the other reviews here and a total review score of less than 2--dismal). And--if you do--be very aware that you must have an IDL.
They are not an honest company. THey doubled my fees with the excuse that my 5 credit cards were not valid for a deposit on the car. THey still have not remboursed for the extra fees after 2 years. I also waited 1 hour in line with only 2 other clients ahead of me with the same problems concerning a deposit on the car. I have never dealt with such a bad rental company before. Advised to stay clear of this company
Surprice are one of the most difficult car hire companies to deal with that I have come across over many years. I was wary of them having read reviews and so their actions did not surprise me that much. The main issue is the insurance - Even though I have my own policy, he said it was no good and that the car would not be insured unless i took out their policy. I was put under considerable pressure to do this and had to agree - This trebled the cost of the rental and I might as well have gone with Avis or Hertz and had decent customer service (which I will do in the future). Even then, he said that the excess would be £300 which was absolutely unbelievable. The pick up of the car itself was also tortuous. He inspected every inch of the car and took numerous photos. I also noted that if I returned the car dirty, I would be charged a valeting charge - Surely they have to valet every car after use anyway? The fuel policy was equally rigid and I either had to pay £38 up front for half a tank of fuel or return it with the fuel gauge at the same point? - Another rip off strategy Then when I returned the car (having cleaned it) he went over it with a fine tooth-comb with card payment machine in hand - Thankfully there was nothing he could criticism but believe me, he did his utmost I wouldn't mind betting that there will be some other attempt to charge me for something in the near future. I will never deal with this firm again.
CRIMINOSOS, deram-nos um carro sem travões, quase tivemos um acidente. Não prestaram assistência, pois fiz 17 chamadas sem sucesso. E não devolveram o valor da caução. Fiz queixa na PSP e já tinham lá várias da mesma companhia. FUJAM DELES.
BURLOES! é o nome aplicado a sucursal da Madeira! Ja apresentei queixa na PSP e na DECO! Deram-me um carro sem travoes, ia tendo um acidente e nao me devolveram o valor do deposito!!!!!
Had a horrible holiday - spirit - destructive experience when renting a car at your Lisbon Office when traveling with wife and two children. 1. No meet and greet at airport. We were 25 minutes late and did expect this. Nobody to let us know to take shuttle bus and no one to answer phone when calling Surprice office. Found help from competing rental company. 2. Debit card not accepted??? Yes, this is stated at page 5 in the "voucher" (this is not a voucher, but a liability policy to cheat customers), but that policy is completely unacceptable! Portugal is a EU country and even part of the monetary union. How can you not accept debit cards??? 3. When returning the car no delivery address on "voucher". It only stated "Lisbon Airport". Almost missed our flight because we had a hazzle finding the drop off site. This "no - debit - card - policy" MUST be stated before renting at your website as many Scandinavian or German citizens do not own a credit card!!! As it is, the policy only forces customers to PAY FULL coverage of excess insurance (€ 30 per day) , and should therefore be considered serious misguidance of customers only to add profit to the company Do NOT rent car from Surprice!!
fraude le prix pas cher via easyjet finalement j'ai pas eu la voiture chez Surprice à Naples aucun remboursement et ils ont prélevé 280 euro pour 7 jours alors qu'il avait dit me rembourser ils se renvoient la balle avec le broker Cartrawler qui m'a envoyer des mails à coté de la plaque....j'avais mis 1200 euro sur une carte prepay + fait une assurance complet TSM et AXA en + des 280 euro hélas si j'avais lu les mauvais commentaire avant j'aurais pas réservé faut les signaler à easyjet
Horrible experience! 1 hour and 10 min waiting in line. Staff EXTREMELY RUDE and UNFRIENDLY. They treated us like we are stupid, when mixing English and Portuguese words and did not respond to me when I spoke Brazilian Portuguese. Company is very shady. Full of little extra things to pay and very poor explanation for everything. Just assuming we should know things. I WISH I COULD GIVE 0 STARS Se for brasileiro NÃO ALUGUE CARRO COM ESSA AGÊNCIA! Fui tratada como lixo!
Terrible experience on return. They take money from your VISA without any reason, without explanation and without notice. Apparently we had passed automatic toll gates on the way from faro to lagos, those tolls are registered on a small windowbox in the car. Checked, toll from Faro to Lagos is 6.60 €. Surprise Car Rental charges 180 € for this toll. Nice profit margins though. So they just take that from your VISA. And that is all possible. You will not see proper explanations and official evidence, so a hopeless story. For us the first and last time!
Every review on this page is honest. DO NOT RENT WITH THEM even though the price may be hundreds of pounds cheaper, it's not worth the time waste, hassle and damages you will have to pay at the end. Just don't book with this fraudulent company EVER.
They don't understand what are Debit-Credit cards and denied car rental to me because they only accept Credit Cards. At the same time, banks give out Debit-Credit cards that allow the deposit to be blocked off the same way as it works on Credit Cards. Didn't offer any other solution for rental. I end up going across the street to the next car rental and oh wow, they accept credit cards only as well but my card works there. Ended up with better customer service and after reading other reviews, I'm glad they denied it.
Do not rent from this company. They will entice you with lower than average rates but it is a ploy. There were many shady things about this company but the one that cost additional money was when I returned the car to London Heathrow after a few days. The car was in immaculate condition by any normal standard. But the manager I returned the car to found completely absurd "damages" such as a scuff on the bottom of the bumper to try to charge me hundreds of dollars more. When I disputed this he had his boss come look. His boss didn't pick up on any of the "damages" the other guy pointed out but instead picked entirely different ones to justify charging me. It was all arbitrary and a scam. Things no one would have ever picked up on or noted in the pre-pick up inspection. After some haggling they settled on a $200 additional charge, which conveniently is what they would have made had I paid for the additional insurance to begin with, which would have defeated the purpose of going with them in the first place for any savings. Additionally, they were incredibly unprofessional. When one of the employees tried to argue reasonableness with me I said I didn't want to take it up with him and his response was we could "take it outside". So between them having $2,000 of my money on deposit and threats of violence there was nothing I could do but pay them off to get my deposit back and leave. They have the perfect set up to fleece their customers one way or another. On the shuttle to the terminal one of their employees fully admitted they make money by shaking down their customers in creative ways. If only I had recorded that.....
I made the SurPrice Car Rental reservation online, weeks before traveling to a foreign country. When we arrived at the airport, I searched but the SurPrice Car Rental counter was not to be found at the airport. There were several of its competitors there though. I didn't know what to do. I did find a phone number on the reservation printout that I had. I proceeded to buy a SIM card for my phone and installed it. I called the SurPrice phone number and found out that they were not located at the airport as described. They told me that they would drive the car over to the airport as soon as one came in. That was a surprise since I already had a paid reservation! I asked how long it would be and the response was one hour and that they would call me. Well, so we waited an hour at the airport without getting a call. I proceeded to call SurPrice and nobody answered. I called a few more times without getting an answer. I patiently waited a few more minutes and called again. Finally someone answered and was told that no car had come in and that I would have to wait another hour or two. I explained that I had made the reservation and that the car should be there. The response was that they didn’t have a car for me. We waited another hour or two and still did not get a call from SurPrice. So, I called again. The same response was given, to continue waiting at the airport another hour or two. At this point I told the person that we needed to get to our hotel and asked to have the car brought to the hotel. I asked to be reimbursed for the taxi and they agreed. We then took a taxi to the hotel and checked in. After a couple more hours I called SurPrice. Again I was told that I would have to wait another hour or two. I tried contacting Travelocity to break the agreement and get my money back, hoping to deal with another car rental company. All they had online was a virtual chat capability that was useless. Now it is eight hours after the car was supposed to be picked up. I called SurPrice again and was told that a car will be driven to the hotel in two hours. I waited another two hours and went to the hotel lobby. After waiting another half hour in the hotel lobby, the car still had not arrived. By this time I was furious. I called SurPrice and was told that they were stuck in traffic with the car and it would be another ten minutes. So, I waited another ten minutes and more. After another hour I called again asking when the car will arrive. I was told that it would be another ten minutes. Why do I keep getting the same response from them? It was almost twelve hours after my car reservation was supposed to be available that a car was finally brought to me. The stress and aggravation from this company was terrible, especially when being in a foreign country. Even when the car was finally delivered there was no apology given. I was not given the money for the taxi even though I gave them the receipt as was asked.
It is the worst rental company i have ever used. They are thieves, liars, and rude. The central station is not at the airport and has not a shuttle service, which will take you walking with your suitcases 20 minutes on the highway. They charge you for using credit cards with the characteristics they want (valid with any other company). They charged us 100 euros for a 1 cm scratch on the wheel rim. They are SCAMMERS.
Run away, run away, run away, run away. Just run away. Anyone will be better than this shower of silly sausages. If there was a option for -stars, we would be there. Car was lovely, but the first one with the engine problem was not. but the upgrade car was good... albeit a german registered car being rented in Italy... which is illegal... yes? Maybe? How about the email 4 days after I email requesting an extension to the booking... RUN AWAY.
surprice car rental is rated 1.13 based on 100 reviews