surprice car rental Reviews

0% of reviewers recommend surprice car rental

Tell us how surprice car rental made you happy

"we booked a car for collection and pick up from faro airport for collection 9pm each way. once quoted you get a page that asks you to enter payment details and that you'd have a chance to review your booking before payment is complete, click on the review tab and BANG, payment is taken immediately with no free cancellation option, full fees is charged if cancelled. This was the 1st fraudulent sign. Soon after, you're sent a confirmation from a no reply email with no contact email or telephone number for support. The confirmation voucher then states car collection is off site the airport with meet up point/shuttle bus quite a distance from the teminal exit with absolutely no sign posting. One of our travel party has limited mobility, and it took us a good 20 minutes. But again no one to contact. 2) I clearly specified collection and pick up was 9pm each way. Surprice as an out of hours fees of £35 effective from 8pm for each drop off making a total £70. this was only made known after the booking. 3) in addition to several other charges like a €2.38 charge per day for toll device that costs €0.35 4) A golding deposit of €1850 is taken which just unnerved me and the Surprice person was very unhelpful, saying its carjet not them. obviously a tag team as evidence from reviews online. It is wrong and fraudulent to introduce terms and conditins to customers after payment. 5) I cancelled the booking, as I would rather risk the booking fee that my credit card. I felt very uncomfortable as we had kids and were all cold and miserable, yet threatened to leave the property or the police would be called!!! I have video evidence."
Are you surprice car rental? Gain access to your dashboard so you can reply to this review. Free Access
"I booked a car through Auto Europe for a trip in Slovenia, Croatia and Bosnia. I did not realise that Auto Europe is not registered in the UK and they act only as a "booking agent" who accept your money but do not accept any responsibility. The car was provided by Sur Price in Ljubljana but it came without the "vignette" (mandatory windscreen sticker which confirms that the toll has been paid in advance) although I had made a separate payment for this vignette. I had not realised that the sticker on the windscreen was not the one I was supposed to have by law so I drove until I was stopped by the police and fined EUR 165.00 on the rental worth £50.70. When I complained to Sur Price, they acknowledged that they had made an error but I am yet to see my money. It was interesting to see how quickly they took my payment but had no facility to reimburse me for my loss. So if you enjoy dealing with dodgy operators, Sur Price must be the right company for you."
"I booked a car through Auto Europe for a trip in Slovenia, Croatia and Bosnia. I did not realise that Auto Europe is not registered in the UK and they act only as a "booking agent" who accept your money but do not accept any responsibility. The car was provided by Sur Price in Ljubljana but it came without the "vignette" (mandatory windscreen sticker which confirms that the toll has been paid in advance) although I had made a separate payment for this vignette. I had not realised that the sticker on the windscreen was not the one I was supposed to have by law so I drove until I was stopped by the police and fined EUR 165.00 on the rental worth £50.70. When I complained to Sur Price, they acknowledged that they had made an error but I am yet to see my money. It was interesting to see how they took my money with ease but had no facilities to reimburse me for my loss. So, if you enjoy dealing with dodgy operators, Sur Price must be right for you."
"Booked through third party rental site easyrentcars.com because it was the cheapest. Do not be fooled by the affordable price. I rented the car in Faro, Portugal and was charged just under 100 euro in fees in order to get the rental. They have a 35 euro out of office fee if you are picking up or dropping off the car outside of office hours. This location said it was located at the airport and yet it has limited office hours, you will almost always pay the out of office fee. What made the situation worse is that when I arrived to drop off the car, there were other customers there. Each of us was charged 35 euro for the out of office fee. The rude staff made all of us wait to go in the same shuttle bus to the airport, so they made more than 100 euro with the ridiculous fee for 30 min of work, absolute scam. Also, when returning the car I had 2 needles less than a quarter (the amount that I had to return it at) which would've cost 2 euro to fill up, except they charged 10 euro because that is their "minimum" fee. Worst experience ever with a car rental company, will never go here again. Also, I had to get insurance through them but I only booked the car for 2 days, they had a "minimum" of 3 days coverage for insurance. Absolute thieves."
"Cars are old. Different to what are advertised, Car I hired was 5-6 yr old with bald tyres. When I returned the car they had the nerve to pick on a faint light sctrach! I couldn’t believe what I was seeing and hearing, I assured them I did not do it, it took a lot of persuading so they didn’t pursue it, that was a big down side to the company seeking to extract extra payments from their customers, if they want customers to return they need to stop using such petty made up faults, I often visit Greece and hire a car but I will not use this company because of the reasons stated above."
"I am another ripped off client who was not informed about extra costs for being Debit cardholder. Be aware that hidden by “credit card” payment condition - you will be charged extra cost for full insurance in a case that you hold a debit card. If you complain they will direct you to their Terms and Condition saying that you did not read it. There it says “A credit card at driver’s name is always required. Renter must hold his rental car voucher and provide it at pick up time. Accepted credit card: Visa and MasterCard.” Nothing to mention about potential costs for being Debit cardholder. The same thing is on their website - no information at all! After sharing my horrible experience with SurPrice company, customer care lady, Mrs. Kornarou said to me that I should have read their Terms and Condition. Even though I tried to explain to her in a nice way that SurPrice do not inform clients for potential fees (for not having a credit card) she replied “We would like to inform you that according to the terms and conditions you are able to read to our website: Rental Counter Identification Valid credit card and valid driver license have to be present at the time of pick up. It is your responsibility to check that these before travel as well as to check if your driver license isvalid in the country you are travelling to. Visa and Mastercard credit cards accepted only.” To summarize, SurPrice in any way deserves rating zero. Please, stay away from thier cheeky play and do not be hooked on thier “attractive” rental offers - they will certainly find a way to rip you off."
"FAKE SPEED FINE. waited 2:30 h at Casablanca airport.some one supposed to meet me but no one show up.No desk at the casablanca airport.so we had to walk to a dodgy parking.got a dented car half full of petrol and stinking Nicotine.paid a hefty deposit +an extra insurance. waited 1:30h before someone arrive to check the return car.force me under duress to pay FAKE SPEED FINE.i ve asked for the speed fine ticket.he didn't have one.I wanted to get out of there to so gave him the credit card which he decline.he wanted cash.so i gave the scam bag the cash and I left.SURPRICE SURPRISE.Go somewhere else and don't use the scam bags at casablanca airport."
"Crashed hire car in Sofia, police involved, insurance covers crashers surely? I was kidnapped 6 hours by 2 men driven round in car then held empty office as they by force tried taking £30,000 off my card, genuine review, embassy involved, police involved as they chased me on foot after I escaped, they kept my passport, these are mafia thugs, please please do not use at all costs, dangerous bully tactics conmen BEWARE USE AT YOUR OWN PERIL DONT SAY I DIDNT WARN YOU, I have CCTV proof and credit proof of trying to steal £30,000 for a fiesta ( not a Bentley ) insurance pays for car they tell you hirer pays first till paid out??? New one on me"
"I only put one star because it didnt let me put 0 stars. I am a travel agent and this company SHOULD NOT BE ON THE MARKET!!! They are scammers. Please, do not book with them."
"I rented a car from this company in Portugal last month. The price was great and the car was fine, however a couple of weeks after I got home they charged 25 euros against my card without any explanation. I had to email them to find out what this was. They told me it was an Out of Hours charge, as I returned the car at 0740hr instead of 0830hr!! I have never heard anything so ridiculous in my life! I am not pursuing the case any further, as the rental for the two weeks was only £12; but I certainly would never rent from them again, and judging from their poor rating on some sites it seems a lot of other people feel the same way."
surprice car rental is rated 1.00 based on 11 reviews