surprice car rental Reviews

of reviewers recommend surprice car rental

Tell us how surprice car rental made you happy
surprice car rental 1 star review on 2nd July 2020
Liudmila Kryger
surprice car rental 1 star review on 29th January 2020
surprice car rental 1 star review on 29th January 2020
More Photos & Videos
I am currently in Crete and I rented a car yesterday. I could expect that I would get a different car than I ordered, but that it would not work well and that the ride would be dangerous due to defective materials, I did not expect. Our order number is 1049977 and SCR is 024502. The clutch slips on the car so you cannot drive uphill. Today I could not go up the hill from the beach Seitan, the engine rumbled and the car stopped. After contacting manager (5.7.2020) of SurPrice, he told us that the car is in good condition and that it is after a service inspection, no other cars may be replaced. My holiday must therefore be flat on the plain, we must not drive any hills and we do not feel good in the car. It does not mean that if something is relatively cheap that it has to be dangerous.
I would NOT recommend this company. Our family with two young kids had to wait over 30 minutes both times we rented from them because the agent was not in the office (which is outside of the airport). But moreover, they charged the price of the windshield replacement + 50 euro of administrative fees for the small chip on the front window. The next car we rented from we inspected thoroughly and, sure enough, found an unmarked front windshield chip. Will never ever rent from them again.
Arrived at 20:00 at Eleftherios Venizelos Athens. 21:30 I left the office with a car. I drove 50km and the car blocked. It started to make sounds and the break didn't work. I push the handbrake and stopped it. They said that I have to go back to take another car. 24:00 I left again the company really tired. When I returned the car 11 days after, at 9:00, an impolite stupid girl said to me that the car has damage behind. I said I didn't do it. She said you have to pay 250 euros. I said I didn't do it. In the end, I found a paper with water and the damage was gone. After she said the window has damage. I said maybe as the car didn't have water inside and I tried to clean the window. She said you have to pay 650 euros. I said no way. It is your fault. She said, no we 'll keep 650 euros from your deposit. I couldn't think anymore. I said ok I 'll damage all car and I 'll return. I drove 2km to find a shop to fix the window. In 5m with a little cream, the window was new. I gave 5euros to the boy to thank him and I returned to that fake company. I said say now what else, as I will lose my plain. I also said that you have first you to be typical and after with the customers as I could kill my self if I wasn't so good driver when the first car couldn't stop. She said yes but you didn't!!!! You push something and you blocked it!!!!! I said yes I push the brakes. Glad I wasn't on a big road. I arrive at the airport at 10:45 full of nerves to cutch my plain just on time. If you like to pay psychiatry and destroy your wallet and nerves rend a car from them. They know how to take your money and break your nerves. If you like bad surprises then surprice is your company....!
This car rental is big scum , price was very low when I booked but for Tiny scratch they charge me £240 and I’m not sure if I did it or that was already done , please avoid this sure price car-rental .
Warsaw Airport SurPrice car rental is a big theft place. They took $528.61 from my deposit for some scratches based on the false report.
Be aware of
surpricecar at Madeira.They are giving you wrong information so later they will charge you for extra things.We have been informed that car don't need to be clean on return( it wasn't very dirty anyway) and later we have been charged 55 euros for little bit of hoovering.So rental was cheap but then extra 55 euro to pay. One more think the agent told us that car is ok (we cleaned what we could when we find out he want to charge us) and all deposit will be return.After 2 or 3 days I noticed that we have been charged anyway even when he clearly said we are not going to be.I can only call that a lie.

Before renting I was informed that I don't have to clean the car.Only on the return your guy said that need to be clean, so I cleaned it as good as I could.I couldn't go to car wash because I had a flight in 1 hour.If your employee would say on the start of renting that car need to be clean then I would clean it.He misinformed me and then charged me. When he was dropping me and my family to the airport( in the same car) he said that we will get all money back because car is ok now.I don't know what don't you understand here.It was lie and my wife is a witness.Don't tell people do not clean the car and later charge for dirty car.Very unprofessional.

One more think.Staff very rude, didn't help with luggage, we had 4 bags, baby buggy and car seat and a baby.Still no help.
To be honest i cant rent a car from you with these reviews.
you wont last long
DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY!!! SCAM ALERT!
I have given 1 star only because I had too!
This afternoon I should be driving around the coastline of The Bay Of Kotor, but instead I have the disappointment of not having my hire car. Email to AutoEurope:-

I contacted your company (AutoEurope) about my booking Sunday afternoon after discovering our flight had been delayed. I was then transferred to the contractor, Surprice, in Tivat. From that contact I was asked to contact another number which would not connect. I rang the previous Surpice number but could not connect. I then went on the www & contacted Surprice directly (phone). Speaking to a representative I told them my flight was delayed & would not be able to collect the car that day. No problem. Or so it would seem.
Monday morning I made my way to Tivat airport via taxi (12 Euros) & went into the Surprice office & all seemed ok. That, until I was told that ‘my’ car had been given to someone else & I would have to pay an additional €6 per day for a larger car. I said I didn’t want a larger car & that the fact that they didn’t have the car I had booked should not have been my problem? This is where things take a turn for the worse. The person I was dealing with (seemed to be the person of main authority) suddenly became quite aggressive. He told me it was my problem because I arrived late to pick up the car? I again said I did not wish to pay the extra fees. He then told me he was cancelling the booking. They, not me. I began to panic a little & asked over how many days would I be charged the €6 for. His reply was that he was cancelling the booking giving no further room for discussion. He then produced a cancellation form & asked me to sign it. I began to write down my reason for the cancellation on the form at which point he alarmingly raised his voice at me & stated that I couldn’t write anything on the form. I carried on writing despite his tone. At this point, & shockingly so, he slammed his hand down onto the form, scrunched it up into his fist & very angrily exclaimed I told you no writing! Feeling very intimidated with his aggressive manner & actually feeling very threatened (he was a large imposing man) I quickly left the office without adding anything more. A very frightening experience & one I have no wish to endure again.
So, I have spent over £100 for a car I didn’t receive. At no point did I feel I had done anything wrong. I had communicated everything about my flight delay to both Auto Europe & Surprice & there seemed to be no issue?
Never before when using AutoEurope have I experienced anything like this. In fact earlier this year, in Italy, I was offered a larger car at no additional cost to myself. The situation with Surprice had the element of a scam going on. This guy knew that by him cancelling the car hire Surprice would still have my hard earned cash & also free up a car to give to another customer. Easy money?
Absolutely disgusting the way this was handled let alone the tone & manner of the man in the office.
I can only ask now whether or not I will receive a refund & an apology from Surprice but can I make it quite plain here that the association with Surprice & yourselves (AutoEurope) needs very close scrutiny?
Regards,
Paul.
Important note!!!
If your flight is delayed to Tivat there is a chance you will be redirected to Podgerica, almost a 2 hour coach transfer from there to Tivat. This because flights cannot land in Tivat in darkness hours! Our flight was delayed by some 3 hours with Montenegro Airlines. We could not land in Tivat. We were supposed to land at Tivat at 16.30 hours. Instead, after being redirected to Podgorica, we arrived at Tivat airport at 23.30!! Car hire in Kotor - 40 euros / day.
Be also aware that if you are a EU member Montenegro is NOT in the EU & ensure you have a tariff set up with your mobile phone provider! Or, turn roaming off on your phone!
AutoEurope eventually gave me a refund. Do not use Surprice!
Katowice Airport Poland

Not at airport to meet us as promised! Costly phone calls.

Refused to take a credit card without my CHRISTIAN NAME and SURNAME on it. In other words, "Mr P. Smith" (as is usual on all credit cards) was not accepted. It needed to say "Peter Smith". I had to use a debit card.

On returning car they were not at office. Another panic and costly calls.

Then - my spotless car was not accepted back unless we cleaned it at the local car wash.

Once we had they inspected it forensically and were clearly disappointed they couldn't find a scratch that they could charge to the CDW.

Absolutely unbelievable. Check out my video evidence on You Tube: QaIMGDQoWc4

AVOID AVOID AVOID
I had a terrible experience and unfortunately looking at the reviews online for this specific location I was not alone. This is a scam, they rent at low prices and then make their money by charging exorbitant amounts for inexistent damages. I was charged 970 euros (~$1000) for a microscopic chip in the windshield of a Seat Arona. For reference, that's about 6% of the value of the car for a chip on the windshield! It's also important to notice that I was told that any damage to the windshield, irrespective of the extent, required a windshield replacement. When I mentioned that the contract highlighted that when I picked up the car the windshield was already damaged on the opposite side of my alleged new damage and so, according to their own logic, it was already supposed to be replaced and its replacement has probably already been charged to some other unlucky customer, they told me that they simply didn't owe me any explanation. I paid and thank god got reimbursed by the insurance my credit card offers but beware they are indeed a very shady business!

SurPrice reservation number: SCR375426

Pictures of the Damage (just remove the space before the.gl): photos.app.goo. gl/AW7HQoaUDZQDwfFU9

SurPrice reservation number: SCR375426

Alarm! DONT HIRE THIS SHITTY COMPANY !!!

Rented car in Kraków. When we where about to drop it the car in the morning there was no staff there to take care of the car or take us to the airport.

They lied Teeling us they would come
They never showed up. We had to take a taxi to the airport for our own money
Very bad experience with this company. They claims several Brand of cars but they only have cheap FIAT. Si could be OK. Are outside Airports and far away. BIG problem : if you make any small or tiny scratch that where they get you. The car is scrutenise with a magnifier ( almost ) and they Charge you an ARM and a LEG for repairs. Example a 2cm tiny scratch was charge 342€ and they write severe damages!! Similar thing for the rim. They lies and are dishonest and make a lot of many with that. On a FIAT 500 fender is made of plastic and they never repair probably. But for this 6 days rental they made 549 € of these two scrtaches. A bunch of thiefs practises with these prices!! STAY AWAY FROM THEM !!!!!
I rented a car for summer 2019 from Modlin airport (Warsaw, Poland), only to find out that they have no actual kiosk there, so when I picked the car on my way in, I had to look for the guy who was sitting in another kiosk. But, when I got back, I had to drop the key in the same kiosk because, although I had phoned him, he wasn't there and I had to go to the gate. So, when I was already though the gate, he called me to say there was a "little scratch", which I had no notion of, and I could not verify because I was after the gate. They sent me the pictures only a few days after on my request, and charged me the full deposit of 3000 PLN (needless to say, for a scratch worth much less). Fortunately I was fully insured, but NEVER AGAIN will I hire a car from them.
PETROL SCAM.....SUPRICE CAR HIRE FARO ripped me off for a 38 Euro petrol tank fill up that was not required when left the car back to them. The faulty petrol gauge made it impossible to tell what was in tank unless you filled it to the brim as I did. I sent them rock solid pictures, receipts and mileage covered but they refused to refund the the 38 Euros just quoting me a NO REFUND POLICY

DO NOT DO BUSINESS with this company.....PETROL SCAM
THIS COMPANY IS A SCAM!!!!! A VERY BIG SCAM!!!! TRUST ME!!!!
I SUFFERED A LOT WITH THEM....I WAS KIDNAPPED PUT INSIDE OF A VAN BY THE MANAGER AND HER OLD MOTHER....CRYING ALL THE WAY UNTIL THE AIRPORT IN LISBON....THEY IGNORED ME...
NOW, TO LET YOU KNOW....I RENTED A CAR FROM THEM...TOOK FOR EVER TO TAKE ME FROM LISBON AIRPORT TO THEIR PLACE....ALWAYS EXCUSES FOR A DELAY....FINALLY THEY TOOK ME TO THEIR PLACE....I GOT THE CAR....AND SOMETHING STRANGE HAPPENNED BUT I DID NOT TAKE IT SERIOUSLY BECAUSE I DO NOT HAVE A BAD MIND....THEY GAVE ME THE CAR ALL WET....FULL OF WATER...!!!!IMAGINE FOR YOU NOT TO SEE THE SCRATCHES ON IT...AND THE LADY LOOKED AROUN IN LESS THAN A MINUTE ..SAID THAT EVERYTHING WAS OKA...I LOOKED AND WHAT I SAW WAS OKAY...AND WITH NO WORRIES BECAUSE I ONLY USE A CAR TO TAKE FROM LISBON TO MY HOUSE BECAUSE I HAVE A CAR IN MY GARAGE. I DROVE 2 HOURS, PARKED THE CAR IN MY GARAGE UNTIL I RETURNED TO LISBON TO RETURN THE CAR, 5 DAYS...I DID NOT DRIVE THE CAR!!!!! I DID NOT SCRATCHED THE CAR!!!! WAS EXACTLY THE WAY I PICKED IT UP.....AND GUESS WHAT THOSE PEOPLE DID TO ME..... AS SOON AS I PARKED THE CAR A VERY ARROGANT LADY WALKED AROUND THE CAR AND IN THE SAME SECOND TOLD ME THAT DAMAGED THE CAR ON THE LOCKER AND I HAD TO PAY THE DAMAGE..IN TWO MINUTES THEY LOCKED ME IN THE OFFICES AND THEY CHARGED RIGHT WAY MY CREDIT CARD...I DID NOT WANT TO SIGN...I CRIED CALLED THEM THIEFS AND THEY THREATEN ME...HIT MY HAND... MADE ME SIGN A CHARGE OF 1000 ONE THOUSAND EUROS TO PAY FOR MY DAMAGE....THEY PULED ME INTO THE BIG WHITE VAN AS I SAID BEFORE...DROPPED ME OFF FAR FROM THE AIRPORT FOR ME NOT TO HAVE A CHANCE TO REPORT THEM TO POLICE...MY FLIGHT WAS ALREADY BOARDING.. MY HAND HURTING FOR THEM HITTING ME.....I HAD TO RUN...RUN..CRYING ALL THE WAY INSIDE THE AIRPLANE.... I WAS TRAUMATIZED I COULD NOT SPEAK....WHEN I ARRIVED IN THE UNITED STATES I REPORTED ALL OF THIS TO MY BANK TO BLOCK THE PAYMENT BUT IT WAS UNSUCCESSFUL BECAUSE THEY HAVE I GOOD SCAM PLANNED THAT THEY SUCK THE MONEY AND YOU CANNOT RESTORE IT....
I HAD N STRENGHT TO DO ANYTHING ELSE, BUT AFTER I READ YOUR REVIEWS IT IS TIME FOR US TO GO PUBLIC...AND REPORT THIS SCAMING COMPANY.....!!! I HAVE BEEN UNDER TREATAMENT....I FEEL UNSECURE AND I DO NOT TRUST ANYBODY....MY BODY STILL HURTS...MY MIND IS A NIGHTMARE....I CAN SEE THEIR FACES VIVIDLY IN MY MIND WITH WHAT THEY DID TO ME...THEY DESTROYED ME AND I HAD TO FIND A AWAY TO PAY WHAT THEY STOLE FROM ME....THE MONEY FOR MY SON'S TUITION!!!! THEY STOLE FROM ME!.....THEY PICK THE CLIENTS THAT THEY WANT TO TARGET! I WAS THE ONE.....NAIF AND EASY TO ATTACK, VULNERABLE PEOPLE....
THEY ARE NEVER AVAILABLE NEVER AN ANSWER OD DECISION OR HELP FROM THESE PEOPLE....I DO NOT CALL IT A COMPANY BUT A GROUP OF BAD PEOPLE THAT SUCK THE MONEY FROM YOU AND ABUSE YOU IN ANY FORM TO GET WHAT THEY WISH....PROFIT AND CREW THE CLIENT...

DO NOT DO NOT RENT FROM THEM, EVER! I WILL NEVER FORGET FOR THE REST OF MY LIFE WHAT THEY DID TO ME...5 WOMEN WORKING TO HURT HONEST AND WORKING PEOPLE.!!!! THEY DO NOT COMMUNICATE....THEY CHARGE YOU AND IGNORE YOU...THEY WANT YOU TO SUFFER! YOU RENT A CAR WITH THE LOW PRICE THEY ADVIRTISE AND THEN THEY GET REVENGE....IF YOU DO NO DO WHAT THEY EXPECT...ALL INSURED ETC...THEY MAKE YOU PAY ANOTHER WAY...THEY SUCK THE MONEY FROM YOU...SHE, THE MANAGER TOLD ME THAT I WANTED TO SAVE MONEY...I DID NOT INSURED THE CAR..SHE SAID"NOW YOU PAY"
Main issue is one of communication... there is none! I hired from Lisbon and have tried about 50 times to call them and no reply.
Worse I was sent off in a car with a cracked windscreen... I realised shortly after I drive away so called them... central call centre... throughout the rental I was not given a copy of damage to the car... even after phoning Greece to request one. The damage was already there but I didn’t see it until the sun shone in it, and it wasn’t pointed out... no communication but grunts.
Worse still the car broke down on the main highway, at night and I was alone ... because there was no water in the radiator. Police attended and the incident is logged with them. I was a. I landed yo buy mineral water and nearly 2 litres was needed!
Surprice are not in the least bit concerned and have batted this matter between Lisbon ( Sandra Cruz the manager) and Greece head office.
Sandra offered me an upgrade next time... which I don’t need, or a car for the same price as everywhere else but lower deposit... not sure what difference that makes. Currently I’m still awaiting clarification from Head Office in Greece as to what actually they are doing about this. Sandra Cruz said the car had no water because ‘we are very busy and these things happen!’
I would suggest avoiding this company as even when given the opportunity to put things tight, their solution is to ignore you!
ALERT!! This is a very well rehersed con, but fortunately for customeers they are not artists as they don't seem to be that smart. This is a con business dedicated to having very low car rentals and then charge customers for unrealistic/made-up damages on the vehicles as well to their tolls scam and bonds' reimbursements, which never take place...

At the moment, after being reported several times to the relevant authoristies, not only they have a ridicuslouly low score on Facebook and on Google, not only they continue to operate, but due to rumours within the industry about their "operations", they have closed shop and opened with a different name and it seems they are under investigation due to sistematic contraventions of the Commercial Law and illegalities such as "forgetting" they had customers' bonds to reimburse for more than one year... They "forgot"... Right.....!!! Beware, do busniness with them at your own risk and expense...
Katowice Airport - October 2019. Very SurPriced with additional 'damage' charges. Luckilly I had extra excess protection but the approach was very unproffessional. Quick check of the vehicle condition when picking up but then extremaly detailed when returning (yes I can tell- more than 70 rentals in 10 years and this was by far the worst experience). There was potentially a tiny dent that I was extra charged for 1050 PLN but during the vehicle return the lady even pointed several super micro scratches only visible against sun reflection- the type of scratches that could be caused by soft cloth polish... Looks they take advantage by getting hands of your excess and when I started to question the potential damages the lady said quite ironically '... but you said you have extra cover...' It simply tells it all- Avoid them at any costs, better pay more at the beginning to a professional company.
Dear Sir/ Madam

I must say that the staff at the airport are friendly and I had no problems picking up or dropping off the car.

On my car drop off, last Monday, I left a pair of sunglasses between the seats in their case in the front seat, I know this for a fact because I remember thinking that I must not forget the sunglasses as I arrived, but inside the building the light was not so good and I didn't see them. In addition I was running a bit late for my check in, so was in a hurry.

As soon as I arrived in Madrid, a few hours later, I called Surprice. They said they would notify the Lisbon branch.

I then called the branch again after 8pm when the calls are directed to Lisbon.This time a woman answered and after answering many questions about my glasses, she confirmed that they had found them. They are Lowe.

I was on boarding my next flight so said I would call the next day with pick up instructions, or to ask for them to be sent to me. I was unable to reach anyone so sent an email. Three days later no email response, so I sent another one. This time I got a reply saying that the glasses had not been found at all !!!!

Now, when I call the Lisbon office after hours (the only time they pick up the phone) I get the message that the mailbox is not on.

This is very frustrating - all I want is the sunglasses back and I’m prepared to pay for them.

I know that they were found because of all the questions I was asked!

These are expensive sunglasses and I will not let the matter rest.
surprice car rental is rated 1.17 based on 52 reviews