surprice car rental Reviews

of reviewers recommend surprice car rental

Tell us how surprice car rental made you happy
surprice car rental 1 star review on 28th April 2022
surprice car rental 1 star review on 19th July 2021
Lucky To Be Alive
surprice car rental 1 star review on 25th September 2020
Alex D
ALERT!! This is a very well rehersed con, but fortunately for customeers they are not artists as they don't seem to be that smart. This is a con business dedicated to having very low car rentals and then charge customers for unrealistic/made-up damages on the vehicles as well to their tolls scam and bonds' reimbursements, which never take place... At the moment, after being reported several times to the relevant authoristies, not only they have a ridicuslouly low score on Facebook and on Google, not only they continue to operate, but due to rumours within the industry about their "operations", they have closed shop and opened with a different name and it seems they are under investigation due to sistematic contraventions of the Commercial Law and illegalities such as "forgetting" they had customers' bonds to reimburse for more than one year... They "forgot"... Right.....!!! Beware, do busniness with them at your own risk and expense...
Katowice Airport - October 2019. Very SurPriced with additional 'damage' charges. Luckilly I had extra excess protection but the approach was very unproffessional. Quick check of the vehicle condition when picking up but then extremaly detailed when returning (yes I can tell- more than 70 rentals in 10 years and this was by far the worst experience). There was potentially a tiny dent that I was extra charged for 1050 PLN but during the vehicle return the lady even pointed several super micro scratches only visible against sun reflection- the type of scratches that could be caused by soft cloth polish... Looks they take advantage by getting hands of your excess and when I started to question the potential damages the lady said quite ironically '... but you said you have extra cover...' It simply tells it all- Avoid them at any costs, better pay more at the beginning to a professional company.
Dear Sir/ Madam I must say that the staff at the airport are friendly and I had no problems picking up or dropping off the car. On my car drop off, last Monday, I left a pair of sunglasses between the seats in their case in the front seat, I know this for a fact because I remember thinking that I must not forget the sunglasses as I arrived, but inside the building the light was not so good and I didn't see them. In addition I was running a bit late for my check in, so was in a hurry. As soon as I arrived in Madrid, a few hours later, I called Surprice. They said they would notify the Lisbon branch. I then called the branch again after 8pm when the calls are directed to Lisbon.This time a woman answered and after answering many questions about my glasses, she confirmed that they had found them. They are Lowe. I was on boarding my next flight so said I would call the next day with pick up instructions, or to ask for them to be sent to me. I was unable to reach anyone so sent an email. Three days later no email response, so I sent another one. This time I got a reply saying that the glasses had not been found at all !!!! Now, when I call the Lisbon office after hours (the only time they pick up the phone) I get the message that the mailbox is not on. This is very frustrating - all I want is the sunglasses back and I’m prepared to pay for them. I know that they were found because of all the questions I was asked! These are expensive sunglasses and I will not let the matter rest.
The staff at the airport are friendly and I the pick up and drop off was OK. On my car drop off, last Monday, I left a pair of sunglasses between the seats in their case in the front seat, I know this for a fact because I remembered thinking that I must not forget them as I arrived. Inside the agency building the light was not so good and I didn't see them. In addition I was running a bit late for my check in, so was in a hurry. As soon as I arrived in Madrid, a few hours later, I called Surprice. They said they would notify the Lisbon branch. I then called the branch again after 8pm when the calls are directed to Lisbon.This time a woman answered and after answering many questions about my glasses, she confirmed that they had found them. They are Lowe. I was on boarding my next flight so said I would call the next day with pick up instructions, or to ask for them to be sent to me. I was unable to reach anyone so sent an email. Three days later no email response, so I sent another one. This time I got a reply saying that the glasses had not been found at all !!!! Eight days later after daily calls and emails I still have no response from the branch. Now, when I call the Lisbon office after hours (the only time they pick up the phone) I get the message that the mailbox is not on. This is very frustrating - all I want is the sunglasses back and I’m prepared to pay for them. I know that they were found because of all the questions I was asked! These are expensive sunglasses, so I will not let the matter rest.
I would like to express my disappointment and complain about SURPICE car renting conditions provided from CarJet company. To start with, I have booked a car in Portugal via webpage. The booking voucher was : Pick up from Faro and return to Porto airport. When I came to pick up a car in Faro I was asked to pay 150 € for delivering car at Porto airport, thought my booking says: RETURN CITY - Porto airport. In a voucher it is said, that there is supplement charge of 150 € for returning the car at another location, but when I booked I already marked different delivering place. To add more I booked VW Golf 5 door A/C Auto or similar. I do understand that car can be similar or different, but at this rental place they even don't have VW cars. It feels that CarJet is lack of collaboration with other rental companies. Also the employee who worked there wanted to charge me twice for the car renting, because she was claiming that her company is not in a charge with CarJet and she don't know about any prepayments. I would never recommend your service to anyone again.
Terrible company, avoid at all costs. They gave us a car whose battery failed, which ruined our whole stay. It took 2 hours for road side assistance to come and start the car, and about 3 more hours to replace. We were only in Lisbon for one day, and it killed it. They refused to take any responsibility, first suggested we didn't know how to start the car then second claimed the flat battery was our fault (it wasn't). They seemed to think it was funny - terrible company in every way.
Avoid at all costs! I suspect illegal operations taking place at Surprice office in Montenegro Tivat airport. I started the rent on October 18. Together with the agent we did a car check and marked all scratches and dents. I took pictures of the car and when I was about to sit down the agents started rushing me and my girlfriend to get in. I didn’t understand why they asked me to do it so fast then, but now I clearly understand. Today on October 20 when I was returning the car, the receiving agent noticed the car was missing radio antenna. I said I didn’t check it was there at the start of the rental. Then I remembered how hard the agents were pushing me to buy extra insurance, but I said I didn’t need any because I drive carefully. Then today they showed me a photo of myself in front of the car and the antenna is in place. What a coincidence. They announced the antenna cost is 100 euro, whereas in fact it’s real cost is 20-30 euro. So I guess this is how they decided to make money, instead of selling extra insurance they illegally dismounted the antenna once we got in the car (very easy to do - you just turn it several times) after they rushed us in the car and then sold it to me for 100 euro. The photo of the agent involved is attached. Honestly after this I’m never going to use the Surprice service ever again although it seemed good value for money at first. Please carry out an extra investigation of this incident out and if you discover lots of suspiciously missing antennas from your cars in Tivat - please know - there is a gang here making money in the worst way the can, spoiling you employees and brand reputation. I will additionally have to report this incident to the police department, hopefully there are cameras around that could prove my suspicions.
Foi uma "surprice" maléfica inesquecível, com grandes problemas de pontualidade e condições de aluguer dum bando de infratores quê categoricamente não corresponde ás condições exposta nó site, em vez de bloquear á quantia mencionada em caso de falta de cartão de crédito impuseram me comprar um seguro de 180€ por 10 dias, que acho um roubo. Não repitam ó meu erro.
This opinion is based on experience at Malta Airport: SCAM! AVOID AT ALL COSTS! They cheat customers. We were given a car with scratches running all over it, including a huge one covering the left side of the car. At the drop-off, a staff member asked us to pay €354 for a scratch that, according to him, was not mentioned in the rental documents. When we said it was and pointed out to him that his colleague even photographed it during the pick-up, he said they didn't have the pictures any more and couldn't tell what happened to them!. PREPOSTEROUS! We've been renting cars for more than 10 years now at various holiday destinations but ANYTHING SO ABSURD NEVER HAPPENED TO US. They rob customers in broad daylight and are even not ashamed of it.
Kidnapped and tried taking £30,000 off credit card they got away with £10,000 AVOID DANGEROUS SOFIA AIRPORT RENTAL benreggie666@gmail.com Please contact me all hirers will an issue let’s get them closed
Kidnapped after crashing car took £30,000 off my cards luckily only £10,000 went through benreggie666@gmail.com Get in touch let’s get this firm shut down dangerous company, needs social media attention as ripping off everyone
I didn't even want to rate 1 star... I booked and paid through holiday cars.com... I even paid for the collision damage waiver and full insurance. When I got to marrakesh airport, no meet and greet, I couldn't find the kiosk as there were no signs like the bigger and reputable companies there... when I got there eventually, I was charged another €89.89 for thier insurance regardless of what I'd already paid. Then on top of that, €749.93 for the deposit. I took photos of the car before I drove it in case of being accused of damage. I returned the car with no damage at all.  On return of the car, I was told deposit would be released automatically. I asked why it wasn't released the following day and informed it will take 48hrs... I asked again today. Told by 1pm it will be cancelled... 52 hours later, I'm still waiting. I've asked if it will be full return of the deposit... the guy told me, a further AED45 will be charged to cancel the card!!! I'm fuming. So angry. I want full deposit back. The car was in the same way it was dropped off so no more money should be taken. I even returned it will half a tank of fuel because it is a "empty to empty" policy which is also another way to gain more from the customer. The only reply from surprice i have had regarding all my previous reviews is that the deposit will be released but will take 20 to 30 days!!!! It shouldn't take that long to have money dropped back onto a card. It's a major scam. I've read nothing good about this place. Avoid at all costs. The guys that deal with your taking payment will also have your card numbers and details and will most likely use your card for other fraud. This company is a disgrace and should be investigated for fraudulent behaviour and I will be kicking up a fuss to get this place shut down.
I rented a car from Lisbon airport office of SurPrice. Booked via Ryanair Car Hire. The price was attractive. The pick-up intended after midnight. At the office, the SurPrice employee was surprised to learn that the amount to be paid at the desk was higher in their files than the one in the voucher issued by Ryanair Car Hire. The difference was almost 30 euros. But fortunately, the employee charged the amount in the voucher with a caution that they would investigate the reason and charge the difference if needed. I was happy that this upsetting mistake was resolved in my favour. However, 2 weeks after I returned the car SurPrice charged 63.45 euros to my credit card. I expected toll charges but was surprised to see that amount because tolls for the route I drove were usually lower. After two emails to SurPrice I received an invoice for the tolls issued by their affiliated company - Internationalcar - for the amount of 63.45 euros. Without any details - only the total amount. Also I received a list of five toll exits I passed. And that would have been perfectly good explanation if I did not use the same route every two weeks. I know the toll for each toll exit as I see it when passing, also I have detailed invoices from other car rental companies for the same toll exits (who, by the way, provide detailed breakdown of toll charges the same day when they charge tolls to your credit card) - the toll charges for these five toll exits do not exceed 47.55 euros. I sent invoices from other car rental companies to SurPrice and Ryanair Car Hire and requested an explanation what was the reason for SurPrice to charge 15.90 euros more to my credit card. I repeated my request at least five times but without success - no additional information from them. Ryanair Car Hire did not help either taking a view something like: SurPrice charged you some fee, the figure was correct and why - none of your business. I expected better customer support from Ryanair Car Hire. No one replied to my simple and reasonable request to provide a breakdown of charges for each toll exit amounting to 63.45 euros and explain why are they higher than the real charges to be paid at these toll exits. Looks like SurPrice simply stolen my 15.90 euros and Ryanair Car Hire close their eyes to this. And finally, it has been almost 4 weeks after I returned the car but SurPrice has not yet released the deposit (1,845.00 euros) frozen on my credit card!!! Even after they charged more to my credit card than needed…
SCAM AND SAFETY ALLERT! If there was a zero star option I would choose it. We rented the group C car to collect it from the Heraklion airport. We arrived at 2 am. The sneaky sales lady processed all the paperwork, charged us accordingly foe the Group C car and at the end, she pointed out at the car that we were getting with a big smile on her face. Our mistake was taking it and not arguing the fact that we didnt get what we paid for but the issues we kept discovering throughout the ride. It was 3 am in the morning so we just took what was given to us. I cant even begin to describe the car she gave us. 2007 model Siat. * The passenger door was stuck and wouldnt open from inside unless i pushed it out several times. This was a SAFETY ISSUE in case of accident * Damaged seats that were hard as rock * The car was so outdated and damaged that the handler to adjust the seat from the side seemed to be a metal leftover part of the actual handler which cut my finger when i tried rolling it * As we reached hotel at 3:30 am, we realized we could not open a trunk. It was stuck and locked out. We spent 30 mnts with a flesh light with no luck to open it. So we had to leave all our luggage in the trunk and spend a night in clothes we were wearing Later on we noticed on a document that the sneaky lady had given us group G car instead of C. She wrote G in a way that it looked like C. Next morning another representative came to our hotel to bring another car. After explaining him the nightmare we went through, he shouted at us very loudly and told us to tell him what exact technical issues the car had so he could explain it to the mechanic and have it fixed. He didnt even listen to any of our feedback and was angry. Plus, the car he gave us was again, not group C but D. Our recommendation is not to ever connect with this company because they are SCAM and will take a full advantage of you and ruin your holiday. Plus they will put your safety at danger because they just dont care. Im sure they already rented this car to another customer. I would report them to the ministry of tourism and transport.
DO NOT BOOK A CAR WITH THIS COMPANY. Total scam! I booked a car with SurPrise (confirmation no SCR431590) through Vehicle rent in Algarve for pick up on 25th of June. To ensure I am not charged un-necessarily, I had copies oa all the required documentation. At pick up, however, I was told to pay a refundable deposit of €18 just in case a motorway toll is used. At drop off, the representative mentioned that they will check the data and refund in full if tolls haven't been used. No toll roads were used during the rental and no refund. I wrote to Vehicle rent and SurPrise several times. They are both as bad as each other. A compete merry go round. If you do not want to be stitched up, do not use SurPrise or Vehicle rent for car rental.
This is a scam, workers there were rude and laughing at customers. We were overcharged and they gave us a car without breaks, we returned the car and left.
What a Su(r)prise it was. Tldr: not recommend, unless you like unpleasant surprises. Read below if you are car rental start up and want to triple your profits in a short run. This is the place you want to avoid unless you are a student on a budget with extra time to perform ultra 3D scan of the car with your mobile camera. So, we had booked the car online (100$ - 8 days) . Arrived at the airport, were first at the counter (not very convenient placed if you have luggage as you have to a take lift, that services all 2nd floor). Now, there are 3 people at the counter, but the person who can give us the car is not there. 25 minutes later (if you have a small baby waiting with you, you can imagine the chaos) we can go to the parking to pick up the car. The fuel level is at 60% so you have to do the math while refuelling and they don’t issue a refund if you return it with full tank... Not cool. Quick inspection, don’t worry about this or that, chit chats, laughter, bon voyage. Till now all like in any other rental place. Return. Inspection with the torchlight. Feel like crossing checkpoint Charlie yet? -are we good to go? -no there is a damage here! Have you bought our insurance? Aha, so now I am getting a picture how this business operates. Less then one milimiter black dot on the bumper. (screenshot attached). As far as I know this could be there before. There is no bump, scretch or anything. Looks like a barely visible cosmetic imperfection. My flight is in 45 min. I don’t have time for it, send me report, my visa will cover THE damage. 2hrs later, the report and the bill for 245$ (including flat admin. Fee of 100$) has arrived. That was fast this time around. Is it an entrapment..? I don’t know, but for sure this is how you can multiply your income as a cheap car rental company. Wasted 20 min. to call visa insurance. They will cover it. The feeling of being treated like a mark stays.
They are not honest, atleast in Montenegro, Tivat aitport. When you return car, they will find a place somewhere in the car what is damaged and you have to pay. Old places, which you did not noticed at first. We have fotos that it was already damaged but they made us to pay!! Avoid!!!
Driver was rude did not meet us in the airport arrivals halls as contracted. He was waiting for us at DEPARTURES NOT ARRIVALS, when I questioned him, he informed me it was "My job to find him" as he could not park at terminal C, I said other companies came in with name cards for their customers, he said "we don’t do this" The car seat booked with Holiday autos was not provided and we had to prove we ordered one. We also was charged £50 for cross border driving which is NOT in my contract to pay. Now we have also been sent an email to pay £100 for a car seat stain, which we have complaint to MasterCard resolutions.The car was already dirty with stains and the baby car seat we eventually received after one hour of waiting, was filthy, but we had to clean the seat for the our baby.In total from landing and leaving the airport it took nearly 2 hours
surprice car rental is rated 1.19 based on 112 reviews