Global Work & Travel Reviews

of reviewers recommend Global Work & Travel
Telephone, Email, Live Chat
Read Global Work & Travel Reviews

About Global Work & Travel:

Global Work & Travel is one of the world's leading youth travel brands, specialising in working holidays, volunteer trips, teaching excursions, au pair exchanges and student internships.

With offices located in Australia, Canada and the UK, Global Work & Travel offers the one-stop-shop for all your meaningful travel experiences.

Visit our website to find out more!

+61 7 5528 4813

social@globalworkandtravel.com

HQ: Level 16, 50 Cavill Avenue, Surfers Paradise

Tell us how Global Work & Travel made you happy
Honestly I’m not quite sure what just happened it was so confusing I was on the phone for an hour and I did make a deposit still not feeling too sure with this company if it’s a scam or not. I did give them my credit card details as I felt pushed to they didn’t give me time to make a decision if I really wanted this or not as they were saying the spots get taken up fast so act now or miss out. once off the phone I realised I didn’t know the dates of my trip, where exactly I was going, what I was actually paying for, if I would get a refund and etc. - ABT (Anonymous Beginner Traveler)
Hello,

We are so sorry that you have this impression of our company. We never want to rush our travellers into things they don't want to do. Our trips do fill up quickly and we have had travellers miss out, this is why our Work & Travel Experts work really hard to get you over the line. What we can do is ensure you that you have absolutely nothing to worry about.

We are absolutely not a scam. You can take a look through our thousands of other reviews from happy travellers to prove it. Shortly you will be contacted by your Trip Coordinator. They will go through all of the information about getting you over on your trip. If you aren't able to go when you talked about then your deposit comes with a Lifetime Guarantee. Meaning you can push your trip back for as long as you like, or put your deposit towards any other of our trips.

We know that it can be a little bit daunting, and that it seems like a really big decision. But we can promise you made the right one, and we're going to be there every step of the way.
Conversations are very rushed
Hello,

We're sorry you feel this way. I know it can feel a little bit like this. However, generally, this is due to the fact all of our spots go on a first-in first-served basis. However, I will pass on your feedback to our Work & Travel Experts.
So i got a working holiday visa for Canada. It was definitely great to have someone guide me through the process as i was only 19 when i applied and had no idea how to do it on my own. But just going to talk to a lawyer would be MUCH cheaper and actually worth your money. They helped set up my flight to Canada and to the location to my first job, but going to a new location, it was apparently not expected of them to help with the travel there, until i asked and was directed to different people. I have not spoken to anyone from Global for over a year and half as i was better at finding a job myself that wasn't at a hotel. My coordinator also changed multiple times throughout the trip as people moved onto different careers. Good for them. Heres a helpful tip, get yourself a visa, SIN number, bank account and phone number. You're welcome i just saved you 2 grand.
Hi there,

We're sorry to hear you feel this way about your experience with us. We truly get disappointed when we hear feedback like this, as it goes against our organisation’s vision and purpose.

Our services are offered so that our Travellers can arrive in the country with the confidence that they are one step ahead of every other traveller starting off on their working holiday journey. We take care of all the logistical details and save people time, stress, the risk of returning home early and especially money.

We've looked into your feedback & travel history, and can see that our system shows that you were helped with your visa, SIN number, bank account, phone number, a job opportunity, a sightseeing tour and initial hostel accommodation, plus more.

We encourage you to email feedback@globalworkandtravel.com as we would like to learn more about why you were not satisfied with the service provided to you.
Enjoyed being with global at the start where they were helping me out with the visa, passport and finding me a job. I felt very supported and courage before leaving my country. Till....

I stayed at Vancouver for 6 nights and they didn't let me know that I had to pay for it otherwise I would have dealt with it before check out time. At the very last minute I had to organize my own flights and bus to my final destination, rather than having my trip coordinator to help me out. It really freaked me out as I was travelling alone for the first time and I was 19 years.

I felt that once I had arrived to Vancouver, I was left in the dark, no communication, no idea what I was suppose to do, thankfully I made some good friends from the hostel who were able to help me out.

In the end, I would probably tell people to do global, but to really pressurize your coordinator before leaving your country so that you can have a peaceful time away til your final destination. And to make sure they have tonnes of money put aside in case of emergencies happen like it happened to me.
Hi Emilia,

Our services are designed to save our customers lots of money, time and stress, and our 40,000+ customer base and growing make us one of the most travelled gap year companies in the world. Our overall rating and reviews from real, past customers is a testament to our excellent service, so we're very saddened to receive this review and very sorry that you feel this way about your experience with us.

As has been previously explained to you, we provide everyone with the same service as our website, and reps advise from day 1. airport transfer & 4 nights of hostel accommodation is included for jet lag recovery and we will extend your stay ourselves only if you have not yet received your job opportunity,

However, since you received your job opportunity before you had left home, as our service promises to do, you were not eligible for the accommodation extension and we apologise if there was any miscommunication on either end.

We want to investigate all aspects of your complaint, as we thrive on feedback to make our trip experiences the best possible, and much better than our competition. Please feel free to contact us on feedback@globalworkandtravel.com so we can try rectify what you felt went wrong. Thank you.
I booked my travel months ago and I leave in 7 days.
At first they were going to send me over for 4 weeks when I asked for 3 weeks and they also over priced me.
Then, I had trouble with my flights and payments but once everything was sorted and all payed for I was told someone would be in contact with me before I leave and I still haven’t heard anything from anyone which makes me uncomfortable and uncertain about my trip. My documents are scattered everywhere throughout different emails between two different people and it has made me very stressed. And now whenever I email someone to ask them a question it feels as though I am bugging them and they don’t have the time for me anymore.
I don’t think I will be travelling again through Global Work & Travel Co.
Felt very rushed, upon further research online learned others had bad experiences
Hi Fergus,

We're sorry to hear you feel this way. We pride ourselves on providing a premium service to all of our customers and we would like to hear more about your experience with us so we can address your concerns and make improvements where necessary. If you could please get in touch via feedback@globalworkandtravel.com we’d love to try and fix it for you.

Thank you.
Throughout the booking process they are very pushy for you to pay everything quickly. They are super excited and encouraging and lure you in but as soon as youre all paid up you become a bit forgotten. After paying the initial $2000 I had to hassle Global to help with my flights, job hunt and insurance which is all part of the service you pay for. I was repeatedly ask to pay for things twice, my coordinators changed almost weekly and there was an overall vibe of being scammed. Despite this I was eager for my working holiday so I paid up. Once in Canada I was helped by Global (admittly quite well) with advice for setting up my phone and bank account. Myself and a group of other travellers were dropped off at the bank and left to our own devices, no one stayed incase we had further questions and we had to make our own way to set up our phones and SIN.
Once set up at my summer job I received one email checking how I was. Luckily for me I didnt need to go through the struggle of finding another job for winter. However, some of the people I met told me they had been messed around, lied to or simply dropped by the company and told to figure it out themselves.
This company gets you excited and takes advantage of the spontaneous nature of eager travelers. Please save your money, do your research and either go through somewhere else or do it yourself.
Hi Amy, we’re sorry to feel this way about your experience with us back in 2016. We have however looked into your travel history and feedback and can confirm that Alex was then, and still is your Arrival Coordinator. You may be confusing your Coordinator with your Travel Concierge and Travel Agent, who changed once during your trip duration. We can advise that our system shows that you received visa support from November 2016 to January 2017 and that you received and interviewed for your first job opportunity almost 4 months in advance to your arrival. You then needed to move your arrival date back so we accommodated for that, by rearranging your orientation and making sure your free nights of accommodation could be used at a later date. We do use presentations and a map at orientation to show you where to go to get your Insurance Number and phone, because it simply isn’t possible to go with you to the government office and electronics stores for logistical reasons. All travellers are different, they go at their own pace to get things sorted but we encourage them to come back and catch up with their Coordinators once they have been to the other spots which are all within walking distance of the office - they even keep the office open until 6:30pm to allow for travellers to have enough time to come back after.

Your Coordinator Alex emailed in to check in after you had started your job opportunity to ask for your local phone number on June 2nd 2017, which you responded to over a month later on July 7 to say that you were loving it and settling in well. Our system also shows that you were sent multiple emails between July and September (due to never receiving your local number), to which you only responded to confirm your hostel booking. We have have no response from you since then. Please feel free to contact us on feedback@globalworkandtravel.com so we can try rectify what you felt went wrong. Thank you.
all they give you is housekeeping
Spoke to a guy on the phone, so rude and nasty.

Tried to get a deposit out of me, called me out on the fact I need to speak to my parents!

I'm 17 and they tried to bully a deposit out of me! Lucky enough i'm heading overseas without Global. I have read so many bad reviews. Awful company!! STAY AWAY!!
Global Work & Travel is rated 4.84 based on 6,087 reviews