The Global Work & Travel Co. Reviews

98% of reviewers recommend The Global Work & Travel Co.

About The Global Work & Travel Co.: The Global Work & Travel Co. is one of the world's leading youth travel brands, specialising in working holidays, volunteer trips, teaching excursions, au pair exchanges and student internships.

With offices located in Australia, Canada and the UK, The Global Work & Travel Co. offers the one-stop-shop for all your meaningful travel experiences.

Visit our website to find out more!

+61 7 5528 4813

social@globalworkandtravel.com

HQ: Level 16, 50 Cavill Avenue, Surfers Paradise

Tell us how The Global Work & Travel Co. made you happy

Telephone, Email, Live Chat
6 - 12 Hours
"I just left this review to see whether I am attempted to be "Verified" as so many of these reviews already are."
"Everyone I've spoken to have been so patient, professional and informative. Just made flight plans to Costa Rica with Jaz and she was so helpful and made me feel at ease that the plans were correct. Thanks Jaz!!"
Hi Kim,

Thanks so much for taking the time to write such lovely feedback!

We are so glad your Work & Travel Expert Jaz was so helpful and was patient and professional! We're really happy to hear she made you feel at ease with your travels.

Enjoy your Costa Rica trip with The Global Work & Travel Co.
"Really well, I enjoyed talking about my trip and I feel very welcoming and helped"
Hi,

Thanks for taking the time to write such a positive review!

We're super happy you had a great experience and we’re thrilled to hear your feedback, as we pride ourselves on providing a world-leading service.

Best wishes from The Global Work & Travel Co.
"Great work!!! Very helpful and informative. They really made me feel welcome and motivated to travel through Australia."
Hi Alicia,

Thanks for taking the time to write such a positive review!

We're super happy you had a great experience and we’re thrilled to hear the team was able to make you feel welcome.

Best wishes from The Global Work & Travel Co. and we hope you enjoy your Australia trip!
"Absolutely amazing! The staff were so friendly and helpful."
Hi Nebraska,

Thanks so much for taking the time to write such lovely 5/5 feedback!

Thanks for travelling with The Global Work & Travel Co. and we're glad to read our Work & Travel Experts were so lovely and helpful.
"I'm looking forward to my trip end of this year and I just want to say that my Travel Concierge Ashley has been so AMAZING. She was super helpful and understanding and patient me with through the whole planning flights process."
Hi Ruth,

Thank you so much for choosing The Global Work & Travel Co.

We're thrilled you had a 5-star experience with Ashley and that she was super helpful and understanding throughout the whole process.

We're over the moon that you had a great experience with us and we hope you enjoy your overseas adventure!
"Global Work & Travel Co, Made life so much easier with helping out doing the working Visa online, they made applying for different jobs a lot easier which was a relief. My two trip coordinator's have been a fantastic help. I appreciated all the help and tips they've suggested to me, overall they have been a big help on my first journey overseas solo! Would highly recommend Global to any traveler's going overseas for a working holiday experience."
Hi James,

Thanks so much for taking the time to write such lovely 5/5 feedback!

We are so glad your two Trip Coordinators were so helpful and gave you tips to help you on your first solo trip overseas! We also love hearing that you'd recommend us around.

Thanks for travelling with The Global Work & Travel Co. and we hope you enjoy your Working Holiday.
"accueil téléphonique mediocre, standardiste qui décroche en prononçant un "Ellaigonce" point, ni bonjour ni bonsoir !!!! la commerciale aussi a vous de lui dire . bonjour d'abord perchée sur ses hautes tours!!! enfin médiocre !!!"
"It was super easy to get everything sorted and the staff were really friendly and helpful. They made the experience really easy."
Thanks for the positive feedback!

We pride ourselves on providing a premium service to all of our customers, so we're over the moon to hear that you had a great experience with our team.

All the best from The Global Work & Travel Co.
"Enjoyed being with global at the start where they were helping me out with the visa, passport and finding me a job. I felt very supported and courage before leaving my country. Till.... I stayed at Vancouver for 6 nights and they didn't let me know that I had to pay for it otherwise I would have dealt with it before check out time. At the very last minute I had to organize my own flights and bus to my final destination, rather than having my trip coordinator to help me out. It really freaked me out as I was travelling alone for the first time and I was 19 years. I felt that once I had arrived to Vancouver, I was left in the dark, no communication, no idea what I was suppose to do, thankfully I made some good friends from the hostel who were able to help me out. In the end, I would probably tell people to do global, but to really pressurize your coordinator before leaving your country so that you can have a peaceful time away til your final destination. And to make sure they have tonnes of money put aside in case of emergencies happen like it happened to me."
Hi Emilia,

Our services are designed to save our customers lots of money, time and stress, and our 40,000+ customer base and growing make us one of the most travelled gap year companies in the world. Our overall rating and reviews from real, past customers is a testament to our excellent service, so we're very saddened to receive this review and very sorry that you feel this way about your experience with us.

As has been previously explained to you, we provide everyone with the same service as our website, and reps advise from day 1. airport transfer & 4 nights of hostel accommodation is included for jet lag recovery and we will extend your stay ourselves only if you have not yet received your job opportunity,

However, since you received your job opportunity before you had left home, as our service promises to do, you were not eligible for the accommodation extension and we apologise if there was any miscommunication on either end.

We want to investigate all aspects of your complaint, as we thrive on feedback to make our trip experiences the best possible, and much better than our competition. Please feel free to contact us on feedback@globalworkandtravel.com so we can try rectify what you felt went wrong. Thank you.
"Everyone was friendly and excited"
Hi there,

Best wishes from The Global Work & Travel Co.
"Giving me opportunity to see the world"
"The Global Work and Travel co. Is a great company with many freindly people to help you every step of the way. My travel concierge Stacey, arrival coordinator Chloe and trip coordinator Kiera all made travel seem so easy and helped solve any worry I had, and also made sure I’m very well prepared before letting me come to Australia. I had a great experience and I can’t thank them enough :)"
Thanks for the positive feedback, Christian!

We pride ourselves on providing a premium service to all of our customers, so we're over the moon to hear that you had a great experience with Kiera, Stacey & Chloe.

Best wishes from The Global Work & Travel Co.
"Wasted half an hour on the phone to realize at the end that this company charges you for volunteering."
Hi Fabio,

We're sorry to hear you feel this way about your experience with us. but unfortunately, yes do we require our volunteers to pay for their programs.

There’s the saying “you get what you pay for”, and paying for your program usually means all your logistics are covered. Money is often already a big issue for these small organisations in developing countries. Your stay at the organisation uses up resources to host you - supplies, supervision, training. Then there’s the added cost of housing, feeding and transporting you around. Money also needs to go back into the facilities you use - schools, clinics and animal shelters. Given that most run entirely on donations, if they have any money left after all the logistics are covered, it should be going back to the cause.

Your volunteer cost also helps employ local and international staff to run everything smoothly behind the scenes. Having staff on the ground to solve any issues at any time of the day and give your loved ones back home peace of mind that you’re being looked after with 24/7 emergency support if needed.

But we pride ourselves on providing a premium service to all of our customers and we would like to discuss your concerns further as we will gladly take on board your feedback as we are continuously focused on improving our services & customer experience. We'd love to hear any feedback you have, which we encourage you to send to feedback@globalworkandtravel.com.
"Making my dreamsof travelling seem more likely"
"There isn't a word to describe how helpful Crystelle has been and it has made this set up easy-to-use and I would recommend EVERYONE that does this process to ask for Crystelle."
Hi Daniel,

Thanks so much for taking the time to write such lovely feedback!

We are so glad your Work & Travel Expert Crystelle was so helpful and answered all your questions for you. We also love hearing that you'd recommend Crystelle around!

Thanks for travelling with The Global Work & Travel Co.
"There isn't a word to describe how helpful Crystelle has been and making this experience very helpful."
"Very quick to respond and provided perfect guidance into making this trip a reality"
The Global Work & Travel Co. is rated 4.85 based on 5,484 reviews