The Shade Reviews

of reviewers recommend The Shade
Email, Live Chat
Read The Shade Reviews

About The Shade:

The Shade is Australia's first leading home hair colouring system. Our colour is Italian-made, and is free from Ammonia, PPD, Parabens, Phthalates and Gluten.

support@theshade.com.au

The Shade 5 star review on 12th July 2021
Nicole S
The Shade 5 star review on 1st July 2021
Maria D
I absolutely love the results :) my hair feels so soft and silky afterwards and the colour is a beautiful natural brown. The kit gives you so many tools to use for future dying and the quality of everything was great. I have very long hair so there was more than enough product to colour everything. In these lockdown times, it was great to have everything delivered to my door in an all-in-one easy kit. I’m thinking I may never need to go to a salon for colouring anymore haha. Thank you The Shade xoxo
The Shade 5 star review on 12th April 2020 The Shade 5 star review on 12th April 2020 The Shade 5 star review on 12th April 2020
Love the packaging and delivery. Fantastic concept. a couple of things I'm not keen on, difficult to contact someone - a chat box would be ideal. Doesn't cover greys or my roots very well. And I can't find how to pause or cancel my subscription. I hate that.
Best home colour I've ever used,and completely covered my greys 😊
Having an allergy to hair dyes I’ve been so relieved to finally find a product without PPD available in Australia. With the extra developer pack it covers the greys, phew!
It's not the best product.
Hi Cheryl, I'm surprised to hear that as you have purchased 9 Colour Kits from us over the last 8 months. If you need some assistance, please don't hesitate to contact one of our colourists here: https://theshade.com.au/colourist/ I hope this helps! The Shade team
Love this product, been using for over 12mths now, my hair looks and feels great. No longer dry and brittle and saving me a stack of $$ and several hours at the hairdressers. Highly recommend and won't use anything else 😊
Love love love . Left my hair the colour that I wanted and so soft . Can’t wait for my next box. Felt like I just walked out of the hair salon. Highly recommend
The Shade 5 star review on 26th July 2021 The Shade 5 star review on 26th July 2021
Amazing product. Easy to use, no irritation to my scalp and no awful smell. My hair was so soft after colouring. Colour choice was easy with the shade selector.
For some reason my Shade colour Was a lot darker this time.... my hair was blondish and it turned out quite a dark brown. This has never happened before. Might have to try light ash blonde instead.
Hi Audrey, Sorry you didn't get the result you were looking for. Please contact one of our colourists here who would be happy to assist: https://theshade.com.au/colourist/ I hope this helps! The Shade team
I have tried several colours and my fave is the dark browns, the latest one I used siena
Seriously folks, stop wasting your time & money either going to the salon or buying cheap dye kits from the supermarket that just leave you with substandard results. As soon as I look in the mirror & see regrowth, my "The Shade" box arrives in my letterbox. The results are nothing short of outstanding & I don't even have to leave my house!
I absolutely love your products. The colour is amazing and It's so simple to use. I often colour my own hair and I don't have any issues. My only wish is that the colour removal sheet would either be larger or more than one would be supplied. I would be happy to pay a little extra for it also. Otherwise, your product is amazing. Highly recommend it.
I love that The Shade helps you identify the exact colour for your hair and your colouring needs. I love that I can rely on The Shade to deliver my colour every month without fail. And, I love the way the colour leaves my hair feeling nourished and glossy. Very happy!!
Great quality products! Every time I dye my hair it is easy to apply, smells amazing and my hair comes out brightly coloured and shiny. I switched from drug store hair dye six months ago and my hair has never felt healthier. I use their auburn shade which lasts six weeks and is still vibrant when I reapply. Having the little box delivered every month makes it so easy to maintain my colour, as I remember to do it and don’t have to stress about finding the same shade I used last time which is super convenient! Their packaging has become more plastic free over the last couple of months which is great. When you order your first box they send you a reusable mixing bowl, application brush, clips, clothes protector and a little protector for your table which come in a drawstring pouch. It makes it super easy to protect your clothes from the dye and apply it properly. I am trying to be more eco conscious so having tools that I reuse every time is great. 10/10 would recommend!
The Shade 5 star review on 20th July 2021
Package arrived quickly and was grateful for the packaging that was as sustainable as possible. Usually I use the at home foam dyes but this paint on dye really was easy. I focused on the roots and then slathered it all together for the mids-ends. It actually smelt nice and I wasn't inhaling chemicals as I did it. Next - the shampoo and conditioner! Unexpectedly great - my hair has never smelt so good for so long after washing. Usually with at home dyes my hair feels kinda yuck for a week or so after, like it's got an extra layer on top, but after using The Shade my hair felt natural, smooth and soft. Finally, I was happy with the colour - just a nice all over brown that wasn't stark. No complaints! I will be continuing with subscription but probably won't need all over colour. Would be great if you could do a half pack for root touch ups. Thanks!
Nice colour but left my hair pretty rough. Also the smell of the conditioner was a bit overwhelming.
This left my hair so smooth and I have the most craziest curly hair. I would totally recommend this to anyone and I look forward to the subscription.
The Shade 5 star review on 15th July 2021
I love that I don’t have to go shopping to spontaneously dye my hair. The dye arrives whenever I want and I’ve just bought the shampoo and conditioner also because they make my hair lovely and not so frizzy!
The Shade 5 star review on 13th July 2021
I was slightly dubious, but desperate during lockdown in Victoria. So I tried The Shade. Choosing the colour was easy, although I did have a rough idea from my hairdresser what I was looking for. And the application is easy and it looks great. Even my hairdresser couldn’t believe I did it myself. If you just need roots covered or an all over colour, this product is amazing. I love it and always keep a spare for emergencies now. And have cut my colouring costs significantly. Bonus.
This Company has been great, everything that say is true. Its the first time that i can colour with no excessive itching to the scalp and i didn’t have to rely on anti histamines. The colour is style shiny and strong. Im very happy with the results.
The Shade 5 star review on 12th July 2021
love my colour, I never got so many compliments, total strangers comment about my hair colour almost every day
The Shade is rated 4.54 based on 1,181 reviews