The Shade Reviews

93% of reviewers recommend The Shade

About The Shade: The Shade is Australia's first subscription-based, home hair colouring system. Our colour is Italian-made, and is free from Ammonia, PPD, Parabens, Phthalates and Gluten.

craig@theshade.com.au

23 Milton Parade
Malvern VIC 3144

Tell us how The Shade made you happy

Email, Live Chat
Suzanne H
"I have been colouring my hair for years now and I have never had such luxurious hair! Even the ends are not dry, the colour lasts forever and I get fabulous comments even from hairdressers! Thank you The Shade"
Danielle W
"I love receiving my color every few weeks, just in time for when I need to cover my grey sparklers.. not all that easy to apply by myself but luckily my sister (who also has a subscription) and I do each other’s hair. Great work guys!"
Sophie K
"Wasn’t sure what the result would be, but I was after a more ashy blonde as my blonde was starting to look a bit brassy. So I tried the San Remo after consulting with Camilla. The result looks like ive had a toner put on my hair - it’s definitely more ashy so it has delivered. Also my hair feels lovely. Will continue using 😊"
Featured Review
This review is set as featured by the company.
"The Shade’s premium salon-grade colouring kit certainly exceeded my expectations. After previously using permanent colour from a box without the desired results, I came across The Shade on Instagram. The trial pack came with everything I needed to colour my hair at a fantastic price. As you can see in the before pics, my hair had different bands of colour, lots of grey hair underneath, it was dry, dull and felt awful. I had my close friend who has been a hairdresser for almost 40 years apply The Shade, colour Bellagio and the results were outstanding. There was no chemical smell when the product was applied, no burning or stinging of the scalp either. My hair is now an even colour, 100% full grey coverage, feels super soft, looks shiny and smells beautiful. My close friend was so impressed with the quality, the colour and the results. I will definately continue to use The Shade and will highly recommend to anyone looking for a salon-grade quality permanent hair colour without the cost of going to a salon. I’m totally in love with ‘The Shade’ my hair is - Bellagio ❤️"
"This was not hard at all, it's easier to colour with the right gear and the brush/clips helped me colour my roots-only touch-up. Colour is soft, natural looking, exactly what I wanted and my hair feels great!"
"This is a great product. The high quality ingredients leave my hair in better condition than before dying. I love the convenience of having my hair dye delivered to my door just as I start thinking that it's time to do my roots. The accessories pack I got with my first order is really useful! The mixing bowl, brush, and cape make it feel like I'm at a hairdresser and the bench protector is a genius idea. The hair clips weren't strong enough to partition my hair but that was only a minor inconvenience. All up I highly recommend The Shade."
"I am so happy I found The Shade - love my colour, the service, the condition of my hair after colouring!"
"Really happy with the colour and condition of my hair. Great colour with the right tone for me. Love that there is no stinky ammonia, love the easy-to-use and resusable accessories, great product!"
"Love that this product doesnt have ammonia and ppd, and that they provide everything for a full home salon. I have never been so organised (and tidy) for home colouring before! Colour is very natural looking, conditioner is amazing, no drips and no itch. Lovely!"
"Love the colour, super easy to use. Hair feels great!"
"Hair feels fresh, soft and moisturised after colouring, which is amazing! Love the delivery service, all the items in my Colour Kit and all the professional accessories. Very pleased to have found The Shade!"
"OMG, look at me - I'm tinting, sectioning, pre-softening, and I am executing amazing grey-covering colour all by myself! This is fun, easy, and I have had so much help from their customer service and I love my colour and do not miss ammonia at all. Thank you!"
"I have the most stubborn greys, and now I have a good explanation and solution to overcoming my colour resistant greys. Pre-softening works! Thank you Camilla for your help and I am so glad I can colour and cover all my toughest greys at home, easily and with colour that I love. Very impressed."
"I find this service and product so easy to use. I use one colour/developer for 2 root applications, works a charm. Very natural looking colour, no drips, no mess and my hair feels and looks much better after colouring."
"Colour matched perfectly. Love this product. Thank you Thank you The Shade. L"
"No drips or terrible smell and I love the bag with everything I could possibly need for awesome home colouring - this is truly great and very handy and they have thought of everything!. This was a fun process, and I am very happy with my colour result and the feel of my hair."
"Happily surprised with this product. No stress and no mess, no terrible smell either and I love how my hair looks and feels!"
"Got my colour right the second time with help from the colourist. Hair feels and looks great and I will continue using this. Hoping the shampoo and conditioner become available for seperate sale soon...!"
"Amazing personalised service, assisted with all my queries, rookie colourist here, great and easy to follow directions, love the kit too!"
"Lovely colour and great service. Very happy!"
"My hair grows so quick that before i know it I have new silver 'highlights'. Grrr. I use half a tube/dev on my roots only but colour twice as often, so I am staying on top of it, colour blends perfectly, and I dont have to suffer the smell of regular colour at all. So this is really working for me! Lovely colour, softness and pro tools to help me get my salon results at home."
"My colour is a perfect mid-light brown with a cool tone. I get a cool finish which i love, with nice, softer tones through it. It's just lovely and much nicer than the flatter, stinkier colours i used to use at home (but will never use again!)."
"So easy to do and now I can do my roots only properly- with clips, brush just like the salon. Very impressed with how shiny my hair is after colouring and love the super natural looking result, just soft, shiny and grey-free!"
"There is everything, and I mean everything in this pack and bag. I have never been so organised and prepared for home colouring, and it worked great - my hair feels and looks lovely. No itch to on my usually sensitive scalp. Great product and result."
The Shade is rated 4.77 based on 260 reviews