The Shade Reviews

93% of reviewers recommend The Shade

About The Shade: The Shade is Australia's first subscription-based, home hair colouring system. Our colour is Italian-made, and is free from Ammonia, PPD, Parabens, Phthalates and Gluten.

craig@theshade.com.au

23 Milton Parade
Malvern VIC 3144

Tell us how The Shade made you happy

Email, Live Chat
Thamiris P
"Great one! Easy to use, perfect color and made my hair really soft. Also it smells so good! I loved it!"
Ashleigh D
"Absolutely amazing! I coloured my whole hair using shade ‘Chocolate Blonde.’ I previously had damaged bleach blonde hair but after using this my hair has felt so amazing and looks better than ever."
Elizabeth E
"I was especially impressed that the kit had everything I needed. Feels like salon colour, looks like it, has stayed put in the hair, it didn’t irritate my sensitive scalp. My hair costs a lot to dye at the salon because it is so thick and long. This just saved me $100+."
Featured Review
This review is set as featured by the company.
"The Shade’s premium salon-grade colouring kit certainly exceeded my expectations. After previously using permanent colour from a box without the desired results, I came across The Shade on Instagram. The trial pack came with everything I needed to colour my hair at a fantastic price. As you can see in the before pics, my hair had different bands of colour, lots of grey hair underneath, it was dry, dull and felt awful. I had my close friend who has been a hairdresser for almost 40 years apply The Shade, colour Bellagio and the results were outstanding. There was no chemical smell when the product was applied, no burning or stinging of the scalp either. My hair is now an even colour, 100% full grey coverage, feels super soft, looks shiny and smells beautiful. My close friend was so impressed with the quality, the colour and the results. I will definately continue to use The Shade and will highly recommend to anyone looking for a salon-grade quality permanent hair colour without the cost of going to a salon. I’m totally in love with ‘The Shade’ my hair is - Bellagio ❤️"
"I am loving The Shade. It is already saving me so much time and money at the salon. I coloured my hair at home and then went to the hairdressers for a cut. It was so much quicker and easier. I did find it a little awkward trying to colour my very thick shoulder length hair but I am determined to stick with it and I know I can get better. Loving it. Thanks everyone at The Shade."
"I need a visit to the hairdresser every 3 weeks to keep my greys under control, financially I used to struggle with the cost. The shade has now given me a cheaper, high quality option to stagger my hair appointments & save me tonnes of money."
"Shade is an awesome product,I have very fragile hair and it has left it feeling soft and shiny and unlike the other hair colours I have used. it doesn’t made my hair break and fall out I will differently be using shade as my preferred hair dye"
"My hair although in a good condition was reddish due to using Henna As my greys were no longer being covered well I have used Shade number 8 Sicily All greys are covered well All red out of my hair Hair looks healthy It’s not quite the no 8 color but definitely will be once I use Sicily a few more times"
"I love the colours and the ease of applying them. They cover my greys really well and dont fade. Ordering is also made easy as I am informed the whole time when my delivery will arrive Thank You"
"Hi we have used this colour twice and has had virtually no effect on the hair colour. I think we will cancel and go to the salon. 😢 Does this look like golden ash blonde?"
Hi Tiffany,

I'm sorry you have a darker than expected colour results. I suggest you contact one of our colourists who can give you personalised advice. Please go to this link: https://theshade.com.au/colourist/

In the meantime, please have a look at these article which could be useful to you:

I hope this helps!

The Shade team
"Really love the way my hair and head feel and look after using this product. I used to get an itch for days on my head, neck and face after using regular colour, and I am now very happy with my colour and lack of itchiness, plus the accessories were very handy. Very nice."
"I got so much help from the colourist - she explained how to fix my current colour problems, how to stop getting the same outcomes in future and told me exactly how to colour for the colour results I wanted. My hair drives me nuts, but I am feeling really confident and I really like the new colour selection which is really working for me, and no more colour banding or build-up for me either (now that I actually know what that is)! Thanks!"
"Compliments, soft, shiny hair and great accessories that were actually really handy - this is great! I love that I am avoiding some nasty chemicals and getting colour results that I love too."
"Lovely! Great customer service, really helpful and very nice product. I'm very happy with my new colour and happy to have found a colour which doesnt irritate my scalp."
"My sister is a hairdresser and she is always telling me what to do with my hair. She knows best, of course. So I enjoyed telling her I was pre-softening to colour by colour-resistant greys, and using a tint brush and sectioning to avoid colour build-up! She went a little quiet after I told her that... I love my new colour and I do appreciate the tips and help from the colourists too!"
"I am really happy with this product - it did not irritate my scalp, my hair is very soft and shiny, i have many compliments on the colour, and it was a treat to use the accessories and to have proper colouring advice. You have won me over!"
"This was a complete surprise to me - I had personal help with my hair colour issues (arrgh...why have I got 3 colours in my hair from using one colour of supermarket colour??!). I now have a much more consistent, even colour result and I know about different colouring techniques to stop getting colour build-up which I always had before and which I hated. Also, no itch, such a nice colour too."
"This is the best! I apparently am now allergic to regular hair colour (I didnt used to be but I coloured more often to cover greys and developed an allergy to regular colour), so now i can finally colour my hair without days of itchiness and red blotches on my face and neck. I have the exact same colour i have used for years, but a better colouring technique and my colour is brighter, and very soft."
"I was amazed at how quick my order came through and then all of the great tools and extras to make colouring your hair at home just like the salon. The colour is great and seems to stick which is great for someone like me with a touch of grey. So much better than a supermarket colour and a mile cheaper than a salon. Looking forward to my next delivery."
"This was fun! Camila the colourist is great - told me what I can and can't do, which I appreciated! She helped me select a gorgeous colour, and it was just like a salon, but at home - I had the clips adn brush, with my own colouring instructions just for me. No smell or itch, TFG, and really love the shiny, soft colour!"
"Great product, very easy to apply with no chemical smell. I love the colour and how healthy my hair looks and feels. Also excellent customer service."
"This has been my best home colouring experience ever!!! The colourist helped with my hair colour problems, explained everything to me and came up with an option I never would have thought of but that worked really well for me. I used all the accessories, like a pro at home and it has all worked out really well - soft, beautiful colour, and know I feel i know what I am doing, which is nice! Thanks!"
"I love this! I am super paranoid about products and chemicals due to a serious illness in the family, and so I havent coloured my hair for a while because I want to avoid PPD adn I don't want to use henna. So happy with this - love the colour, no itch or stink, and the accessories are super cool and handy too. Colour is gorgeous and my hair feels amazing!"
The Shade is rated 4.74 based on 314 reviews

Create Free Account Now

Fill the details below & get instant access