Transcendental Meditation Reviews

of reviewers recommend Transcendental Meditation
Read Transcendental Meditation Reviews

About Transcendental Meditation:

An evidence-based technique for inner peace and wellness. It's absolutely effortless, taught one-to-one by certified teachers, and guaranteed. We've taught over 6 million people, and hundreds of published research studies have found it to be highly effective on stress and anxiety, brain function, and cardiovascular health.

1-888-532-7686

I see no difference between Sitting close eyes and TM. I don’t have no results or feeling they promised to me. I’m still determined to learn the technique. Hope I will get help.
(New Haven, CT) - Posted 2 months ago
Hi Yacouba,
We're sorry you're disappointed in your TM practice!
We wanted to remind you that having completed the TM course you can schedule free, personal follow-ups with a TM teacher anytime to discuss your experience and fine-tune your practice, so that you mediations are enjoyable and effective :)
I’m 2+ mos in and went into this with no expectations … but it just seems to be a waste of time not to mention money (that I’m still paying for). I just can’t grasp the technique …never feel revived, in fact, have low energy afterwards when practiced in the afternoons. I’ve “un-recommended” to friends.
(Nashville, TN) - Posted 2 months ago
Seems like a cult. Largely a waste of time.
(Madison Avenue, NYC) - Posted 3 months ago
At the introductory meeting I pointed out that Joseph had a very soft, quiet voice that I could not hear him... He said his wife would do the instruction. For my first lesson it was Joseph. I was in a very receptive mood, I did not object, expecting Denise to show up and take over. She did not show for instruction. The lesson became most annoying. Had to ask him several times what he had said. Then I quit asking. It made the lesson a negative experience. I had a lot of anger after the lesson. Denise is 100% sales pitch. The experience soured me on TM and all meditation..
Have considered starting over at another TM center.
(Tucson, AZ) - Posted 5 months ago
Hi Charles,
We're sorry you didn't enjoy your TM course! Someone will be in touch personally to discuss your experience and options of retaking the course.
I feel it was a waist of hard earned money.
(Monterey, CA) - Posted 6 months ago
We're sorry you're disappointed in your TM practice!
Having completed the TM course you can schedule free, personal follow-ups anytime to discuss your experience and fine-tune your practice, so that your meditations are enjoyable, and you're able to gain the maximum benefits :)
Initially, I was very excited about learning and using the TM technique. But, I didn't not enjoy my training at all, and I feel my time was somewhat wasted. I'm not sure why, if the technique is so easy, my instructor went out of her way to sabotage my learning experience. After fully completing the four day class series I left without understand the steps to actually meditate and use the technique. Now, I'm am searching the internet for videos and information that will help me figure out what I am supposed to do to practice Transcendental Meditation. The instructor in charge of my training was not at all helpful during the 4 day training session. In fact, she seemed very uninterested in my success in learning the method. During the group training sessions, she made fun of individual students and shut down conversation by making light of concerns or questions that came up. Sadly, I this instructor left me with the knowledge that she is not approachable, so I cannot contact her for any additional help.
(Olympia, WA) - Posted 8 months ago
Would have rather spent my $500 on a TM weekend retreat.
The amount of service I did receive would be $200-250 value.
(Hartford, CT) - Posted 9 months ago
Hi,
We're sorry to hear you're not happy with your TM course. We wanted to let you know that the TM course fee not only includes instruction in the TM techqniue, it also includes free, personal follow-ups as well as group meditations and meetings at any TM center in the US for life!
Feel free to contact your teacher to discuss your experience with the TM technique or your TM course, and inquire about our satisfaction guarantee.
Honestly I feel about the same. Not a big change like he kept on describing but i will stick with it for a little longer
(Chandler, AZ) - Posted 11 months ago
Hi Jeffrey,
We're sorry to hear you're not completely satisfied with your TM practice. We wanted to remind you that having completed the TM course you're able to schedule a free, personal follow-up with your TM teacher to discuss your experience, and fine-tune your practice, to ensure you're practicing correctly and able to gain the benefits of your meditations :)
I cannot engage in this practice any longer. It physically hurts.
(Santa Fe, NM) - Posted 1 year ago
Hi,
We’re sorry to hear you aren’t enjoying your TM practice!
Someone will be contacting you privately to discuss and better understand your experience.
It’s getting easier but not quite transcendent!
(Brooklyn, NY) - Posted 1 year ago
I have not yet experienced the benefits that I hear so many people talk about. I want to take it on faith that they’ll accrue over time, but it’s challenging to not have any encouraging experiences, especially when compared to the wonderful experiences so many people describe about the practice.
(Doylestown, PA) - Posted 1 year ago
Hi Matt,
We're sorry you're not having the experiences you expected!
Each person is different. Some have positive experiences right away, and for others it can a bit more time with regular practice. If you are feeling discouraged enough that it's difficult to keep up your regularity, you can schedule a free follow up any time with your TM teacher to discuss your experiences thus far, and "fine tune" your practice if needed :)
not that different from other forms of meditation. i haven't experienced a drastic difference in levels of anxiety.
(Los Feliz, CA) - Posted 1 year ago
A lot of money to be given a mantra. I’ve aleays meditated and I don’t feel
Any different doing this meditation. Actually, I feel taken, price is not worth it.
(Madison, WI) - Posted 1 year ago
Hi Cheryl,
We recommend scheduling a free follow-up with your TM teacher if you aren't enjoying your TM practice or noticing any benefits. We also suggest asking them about the group meditations and meetings that are offered at your local TM center, as there is much more than the TM instruction included with the course fee, like free and unlimited follow-ups, group meditations and meetings at any TM center in the United States for life.
If you continue to feel dissatisfied you can inquire with them about our satisfaction guarantee.
Makes me irritable
(Westchester, NY) - Posted 1 year ago
The TM technique is meant to be an easy and enjoyable practice. We recommend scheduling a free follow-up with your TM teachers to fine tune your meditation so that it's more pleasant for you :)
I really thought the training was boring and lacked insight. It also did not seem like the instructors were open to feedback/questions and instead, it felt very prescriptive. While I do like TM, I would not recommend that others do the training. I did not feel like it was worth the amount I paid for it.
(Bethesda, MD) - Posted 1 year ago
Disappointing, had hoped to get more out of it.
(Santa Cruz, CA) - Posted 1 year ago
Hi Krista,

Sorry to hear you are disappointed with your TM practice! The amount of time it takes to feel the benefits can vary, so we want to encourage you to continue practicing regularly, and perhaps schedule a free follow-up with your teacher for a refresher. However, you’re also welcome to speak to your teacher about our satisfaction guarantee, if you’d like to.
So far, I am not noticing benefits. I keep trying.
Hi William,

Glad to hear your are keeping at it! The amount of time it takes to feel the benefits can vary. It sounds like you’d also benefit from a free follow-up session with your teacher - practicing correctly is crucial to receiving the benefits. You can also speak to your teacher about our satisfaction guarantee, if you’d like to pursue that.
I been doing it for over a month as learned a d it doesnt seem to work for me
My mantra doesnt make any sense

I wish i wouldnt have fall for 900 for this course ... waste of money. I could have gone meditate at any other meditation center
Hi Maggie,

We’d like to recommend you schedule a free follow-up session with your TM teacher (they can answer any questions you still have about your practice), but also remind you that we do offer a satisfaction guarantee. It sounds like that might be your preferred option, and your TM teacher will also be happy to help with that!
I don’t feel my teacher is doing more than the minimum needed. He does offer new ways to think about the practice. Frustrating.
I’m not perceiving any benefits.
Hi Jason,

Sorry to hear you aren’t perceiving any benefits! If you haven’t already, we recommend scheduling a free follow-up sessions with your teacher to make sure you’re practicing correctly. Regular and correct practice are important in terms of reaping the benefits of the TM technique. However, you’re also welcome to speak to your teacher about our satisfaction guarantee.
Transcendental Meditation is rated 4.77 based on 1,334 reviews