Transcendental Meditation Reviews

of reviewers recommend Transcendental Meditation
Read Transcendental Meditation Reviews

About Transcendental Meditation:

An evidence-based technique for inner peace and wellness. It's absolutely effortless, taught one-to-one by certified teachers, and guaranteed. We've taught over 6 million people, and hundreds of published research studies have found it to be highly effective on stress and anxiety, brain function, and cardiovascular health.

1-888-532-7686

The technique is definitely superior to other techniques I have tried and I am very happy to have learned it, however the cost of the course is disproportionate to the instruction received. I feel strongly that I overpaid. Furthermore, the fact that the training is stretched out over 4 days is absurd. This course could be completed in a 3-hour classroom session with 1 follow up phone call.
(Austin, TX) - Posted 4 months ago
Hi Judson,
We appreciate the feedback about your TM course, and are happy to hear you're enjoying your practice :)
We also wanted to remind you that the TM course fee not only includes instruction in the TM technique, it also includes free, personal follow-ups, group meditations and meetings with any TM teacher in the US on an unlimited basis for life!
I am still learning.
(Jackson Hole, WY) - Posted 8 months ago
Although the technique is basic, it has an advantage over the other meditations by allowing your own personal experience. I was looking for an answer to my issues and discovered this is not the quick fix I expected, that is on me. I'm sure with time I will discover the pros to this system. The rating is not a judgement on the system, but on the difficulty I am having trying to "make it work".
(Phoenix, AZ) - Posted 9 months ago
Hi Michael,
We're sorry to hear your TM practice hasn't been what you expected!
We wanted to remind you that the TM technique is suppose to an entirely effortless and enjoyable process.
Also, having completed the TM course you're able to schedule a free, personal follow-up with your TM teacher to discuss your experience, and fine-tune your practice if it's found that is needed :)
The teacher was great, the information useful, but at an extraordinary expense. My practice continues. Why make it an exclusive club? You either have to have a lot of money or you have to know someone who will give you a break on the fee. As an organization, I would think you would want to make the practice accessible to everyone, not just the few who can afford the time and expanse. Ouch
(Minneapolis St. Paul, MN) - Posted 9 months ago
We are glad to hear you are happy with your TM course and practice, and appreciate your concerns!
We make every effort to keep the TM course fee as affordable as possible, while still allowing our non-profit organization's small administrative team and professionally trained TM teachers to earn very modest livings. Over the past several years we have steadily reduced our course fees from $2500 to $960, and recently implemented sliding-scale course fees starting at $380, despite rising costs. We also offer grant support when available for those who need it, as well as reduced rates for students and children, as it's our goal that anyone who wishes to learn the TM technique be able to.
I don’t feel I have been practicing TM long enough to feel the benefits yet ( help falling asleep at night).I will continue to practice with hope for a more restful sleep experience.
(Providence, RI) - Posted 9 months ago
I feel it's too early to see any true results of the practice, however, I'm hopeful and it seems like it will have future benefits. I found the extra sessions talking with the group and asking questions beneficial, all be it, at times extremely repetitive. All in all, I'm looking forward to my TM practice.
(Berkeley, CA) - Posted 9 months ago
Hi Leah,
We wanted to remind you that having completed the TM course you are able to schedule a free, personal follow-up with your TM teacher any time for a tune-up if you ever feel you need it, as well as attend group meditations and meetings :)
Felt very much like a "get 'em in, get 'em out, business.
(Phoenix, AZ) - Posted 11 months ago
It's a very useful meditation technique but, to be entirely honest, I don't think the price is justified. I felt I paid all that money for a word and an hour's worth of useful information. The instruction provided on days 2-4 didn't add a lot of value to my experience. I felt it was too unstructured, there was very little interaction fostered among attendees, and the instructors didn't have a lot of useful information to convey. I'll continue to use TM but if they want to charge that kind of fee, then they need to seriously revamp their coursework and find instructors who can better relate to newcomers. It's too bad because I was really looking forward to the class for many months.
(Chicago, IL) - Posted 11 months ago
A bit more lecture than discussion. I would have liked to open up for Q&A as a group given the new concepts and model of TM.
(Walnut Creek, CA) - Posted 1 year ago
Hi,
We're sorry you didn't enjoy your TM course experience!
We wanted to remind you that you are able to schedule free follow-ups, or attend group meditations, any time for free! Both provide the opportunity for a more open Q&A discussion :)
Although I enjoy the practice of meditation and am benefiting from it, I don’t think it was worth the money spent. The fee was quite high for what was provided. Having meditated for a number of years, this practice does not differ nearly enough from other disciplines to justify such an expense. I hope the TM community will consider lowering their fee. Thank you.
(Central Suffolk, NY) - Posted 1 year ago
We're happy to hear you're enjoying your practice!
We want to remind you that the one time cost not only includes your instruction in the TM technique, but also free and unlimited follow-ups, group meditations and meetings at any TM center in the United States for life!
a very simple technique to learn
(Garden City, NY) - Posted 1 year ago
Good so far. Relatively Easy. Have noticed some clarity and energy uptick.
(Gulf South, LA) - Posted 1 year ago
I’m enjoying it. I’m practicing it 2x day for 20 minutes each session. It has helped. I have a more long term approach to the benefits of it. So far so good.
(Central Jersey, NJ) - Posted 1 year ago
I've been meditating since I was a baby, yet of course, was unaware of what I was doing until August of 2012. So, I rated TM as acceptable because I thought I would experience something different, maybe something that I may have been missing. Unfortunately, after a month of TM 2x/daily I have not received any different results than what I have already experienced.
(Milwaukee, WI) - Posted 1 year ago
Hi Becky!
We're sorry to hear you're no experiencing the results you'd like with your TM practice. After so much time passing since you originally learned the TM technique, we highly recommend scheduling a free follow-up with your TM teacher. It can be helpful to discuss experiences with a certified teacher and fine tune your practice so you are able to enjoy your practice, see the positive results.
I don’t think I got a good training, but I’m still trying, so I’m giving it time.
(Miami, FL) - Posted 1 year ago
We're sorry to hear you're unsure about your instruction and practice! We highly recommend scheduling a free follow-up with your TM teacher. They'll be happy to discuss your experience, and fine tune your practice so that it's truly easy and enjoyable, and so that you're able to better gain the benefits of the technique.
I am still in the learning process and not sure if it's working for me as yet.
(Garden City, NY) - Posted 1 year ago
Hi Janine,
We're sorry to hear you're unsure about your practice!
We suggest taking advantage of the free follow-ups and scheduling one with your TM teacher. They'll be able to fine tune your practice to ensure you are practicing correctly and able to gain the benefits of your meditations :)
It’s a struggle for me. Texted my teacher last week. Haven’t heard back
(Boone, NC) - Posted 1 year ago
Hi Heather,
We're sorry to hear you're struggling with your TM practice! You are right in contacting your TM teacher about your experience as this meditation is meant to be easy and enjoyable.
It's likely unintentional that you have not received a response to your text. We'd be happy to help connect you with your teacher if you still haven't heard back. Please let us know :)
So far my experience hasn’t been that great. Three times while meditating I have thought about some trauma and started crying. I ended the sessions feeling depressed, not calm.
(Bethesda, MD) - Posted 1 year ago
We're sorry to hear you're having uncomfortable experiences during your meditations! We recommend contacting your TM teachers for a free follow-up to discuss them. They'll be able to provide some clarity, and help fine tune your practice so your experience is more enjoyable.
When I do it, it’s great
(Berkeley, CA) - Posted 1 year ago
I am not really sure I get it. I'll keep trying.
(Los Feliz, CA) - Posted 1 year ago
Hi,
We're sorry to hear you're not quite satisfied with your TM practice!
Having completed the TM course you are able to schedule a free follow-up with your teacher anytime. We highly recommend taking advantage of this as they can help fine-tune your meditation to create a more effortless and enjoyable experience :)
Transcendental Meditation is rated 4.77 based on 1,333 reviews