Ultius Reviews

98% of reviewers recommend Ultius

About Ultius: Ultius is the global leader in connecting consumers with qualified American freelance writers for custom writing, editing, and business document preparation services.

MADE IN USA © Ultius, Inc.

800-405-2972

1201 N Orange St, STE 7038

Tell us how Ultius made you happy

Live Chat, Telephone, Email
"Totally hit or miss. I got one writer who did a great job. Then another writer who wrote like they were 12 years old. Ultius tried to charge me extra for a revision even though they advertise free revisions within the original scope of the paper. Their sneaky way of doing this was to say 'the writer could not make the proposed changes without adding length' and tried to charge me for an extra page. Also... check out all the fake 5 star reviews here. I see they are trying to balance out the bad ones! My advice is to treat anything you receive from Ultius like a rough draft. You will still have to sit and work on it to make it presentable enough to submit. But if you don't have time to start from scratch, it can save a few hours. In the future i will try to find someone local if I need this type of thing done."
Hi Sara. We wanted to drop in and say we appreciate your honest feedback. All of our reviews are real and we welcome positive and negative contributions because it helps us better our platform.

Clients do have the ability to save writers to a favorite list or block writers in their dashboard. We encourage all of our clients to do this so they can opt to work with writers who have consistently delivered.

Our Revision Policy, when it comes to urgent revisions, needs updating, which we are actively working on. Essentially, the writers are freelance so we cannot hold them to a schedule. If a writer is not available to work on a revision, we have to open the order so another writer may claim it. That fee compensates the new writer or encourages the original writer to make time in his or her personal schedule.

Lastly, your advice is very good. It's very important to use our platform responsibly and we always recommend using orders as reference materials or foundations. We really appreciate you mentioning that.

Thank you again for your feedback. :)
What is your order number? (example #120987)
Would you recommend this service to busy individuals? yes
"Not the greatest paper I’ve had written, and will not use that writer again. Paper was incredibly generic and instructions were not followed, even after requesting a revision."
Thank you for your feedback. We are sincerely sorry if your order did not meet your expectations. There are times that writers may not work. When that happens, we encourage clients to block certain writers and add their favorites to their list. All of this can be done in the client dashboard, and we are glad you found that feature helpful. We hope to work with you again, so if you need further assistance or would like to discuss your order in more detail, please contact our 24/7 support team. Thank you again for taking the time to leave a review.
"I have been using Ultius since March of 2018. In the beginning, the quality of papers that were being written were great. Need little to no editing. In the last 6 months, the papers being completed by the writers have been horrible. I have had to request revision on just about every paper due to plagiarism, not following instructions that were submitted with the order, reference issues, incorrect citations within the paper and references, and so on. I have had to spend unnecessary time having to redo papers, editing papers after comparing the information to the source used and finding that a lot of it was word for word and not paraphrased or in quotations. Customer service has been great with compensating but the issues are still happening with my papers. The quality control/department who looks over the paper before uploading it to your account, NEEDS TO BE FIRED. This is because they are not catching issues within the order before uploading the "completed" order to the customer and there has been times when the writer messages and states I have finished your order and is being looked over by the quality department and 15 minutes later, my paper is uploaded. I WILL NO LONGER USE THIS COMPANY FOR ANY OF MY ASSIGNMENTS."
Hello and thank you for your feedback. We are very sorry to hear that some of our freelance writers have not met your expectations. We would like to gather more information from you so we can investigate such orders. It's very important to us that our freelance writers are exceptional and we have many measures in place to make sure we recruit only the best. Unfortunately, it has not been what you experienced lately. We would really appreciate your time. Thank you.
What is your order number? (example #120987) #151783
Would you recommend this service to busy individuals? no
"I asked for and additional 1/2 page of biography - I could not see anything added. Since the document I received had no track changes, I cannot say whether any incoherencies and/or grammar mistakes were corrected. I searched in vain to find more than one quote from the poems I requested to be inserted into the text. I wasn't satisfied and will not use Utius again."
Hi Alenka. Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback. We are sincerely sorry your editing order did not meet your expectations. We've compared your document against your order using an online comparison tool and found that 152 words were added. However, we do agree track changes would have been helpful. It's often recommended to request that when placing editing orders so there is no room for misunderstanding. We want to process a refund out of good faith. Your experience is not indicative of our company, so we hope you decide to give us another chance. For any questions regarding your refund, please email refunds@ultius.com. Thank you.
Ultius is rated 4.93 based on 790 reviews