UpTrade Reviews

of reviewers recommend UpTrade
Read UpTrade Reviews

support@uptradeit.com

550 S Watters Rd, Suite 276

Tell us how UpTrade made you happy
This by far was the best find for me.
In the past I would sell my phones on Ebay. After all the fees I found that UpTrsde is the only hassle free, no risk way to go. Very professional, well communicated company. If you are honest with them they will be honest with you. I would suggest them to everyone. You will not be disappointed
Slow as a turtle stuck in molasses. Will bait with high price then switch. Takes forever to get initial quote and then get phone back if you don’t agree to lower price. Still haven’t gotten phone back to see if it’s the same one I sent them. Stay away.
Customer service is the absolute most important aspect of our business. We regret that you did not have the best experience and we will certainly learn from this as we move forward. Thank you for taking the time to talk to us and I'm glad we got everything sorted out for you in the end. Please reach out to our customer service if you need any help from us in the future at Support@uptradeit.com.
Very good experience. The phone was exactly as advertised. It was delivered on time and I saved money in the process. I was a little leary to buy a used phone because I I didn't know what to expect but this phone was in perfect condition (like new). I will definitely purchase from UpTrade again.
Amazing phones and my son loved the boxing video sent! I loved it too because we all know how her children are impatient and asking when is it going to come ,over and over again. Right as it hit that time I receive the video of it getting boxed up. He got soooo excited 🤣
Had just paid off a $600 by two months when my phone was taken. A good friend sent me your link. I found the same model with more memory for a little over $100. My provider switched my service over and all is well. Thanks UpTrade!
I sent my phone to Uptrade for sale and was quoted $40. After they received it, they reduced the price to $20. This is a similar complaint by others and appears to be a common business practice.
Uptrade sent back the phone after numerous emails and I sent it to SmartphonePLUS. Within a couple of weeks, I received $44. I found SmartphonePLUS on the following marketplace:
Horrible customer service and received very glitchy phone with no resolution
They are scam don’t sell your phones with them, I try to sell my iPhone 7 with them it said $108 next day payment. After 2 weeks they quoted $4 for it, phone was in perfect working condition it was my primary phone. I would not recommend, lastly I requested to return my phone and it’s been more then 4 week they still haven’t returned it. You cannot get hold of support. I would not recommend selling it.
Phone was exactly as described online. Thx I'm looking for another S10 or S10 plus phone. I was told that I could get a discount on this 2nd phone. Is this true??
I sent them a phone is great condition and the offer was changed. I was not thrilled about it. However their customer service department reached out to me explained the issue and that it could have even happened during shipping. ( make sure you package your phone well) He gave me a revised offer, agreeing that the phone was not perfect or brand new but was in very nice condition. I feel like everyone won. Thanks.
Super clear cut review here. I have an iPhone X 256 gig on Verizon that since day one has had a screen protector on it and lived in a carbon fiber case. I was offered $330 for it by uptrade. They ran out of boxes for me to send my phone in so I dug out a box and sent it in myself. They received it and told me my screen was “defective” and they’d give me $110 for the phone. I asked what was “defective” about the screen and they refused to answer multiple times via email and straight up ignored phone calls. I told them to just send my phone back. 2 weeks later, I get my phone, run tests on the screen and it is fully functional and operating normally. Just for giggles, I took it by Apple and had them check it. The screen is fine. They just didn’t want to pay the quoted price for my flawless phone, end of story. Needless to say, I have lost trade in value of my phone because of these scam artists. Lesson learned.
Hi Tayt,

I'm sorry you did not have the greatest experience using our service.

The issue was not that we did not want to pay the full amount, we will pay exactly what we offer for the exact condition of the device 100% of the time.

Your device in particular had what is referred to as "Screen Burn" or "Ghosting" on the lower left hand side of the panel. This is a defect in the screen itself. This is not to say that the device is not functional per se, but it can not be sold as is on our website. It significantly reduces the value when these devices have this issue.

As you can see, we have plenty of satisfied customers that received their offer in full as expected. We are in no way trying to scam any of our customers.

We hope to use this case and we will learn how to better describe these scenarios to set better expectations for our customer in the future.

Once again, apologies for your less than stellar experience.
Transaction was extremely quick easy and was kept updated every step of the way. 100% would recommend to anyone thinking of selling their items.
Sent my phone in. They changed the offer so I requested my phone back. They do not respond to emails or answer their phone. No way to communicate with them. I would never use them again.
UpTrade 1 star review on 1st December 2020
Hi Adam,

Thank you for your review. Unfortunately I have to disagree with your post. I looked through your communication history and see that you just sent in a request to have the device sent back. (Which was done in a prompt manner) We have open lines of communication in the form of e-mail and voice. At this time, we are only responding to voicemails via calls due to office restraints involving COVID-19. You sent us a phone stating that there were no scratches on screen. The image that has been uploaded was taken directly from the unboxing video to show the condition in which it has arrived. It clearly shows that the scratches are indeed on the screen and they are quite significant. We understand that everyone may have their own interpretation on what scratches and faults may be, but we try very hard to stick to simple guidelines for selling and buying. We hope this helps to clear some confusion on what happened. We would also like to thank you for trying our service. Best wishes.
Ordered an Iphone X for only around $400. It works perfectly, no visible scratches or any issues with it running, and I’ve had it for a while now. Their inspection process must be very good, they even send a video of your phone being sanitized and packaged.
After mailing my iPhone XS to UpTradeIt, I was kept updated once they received it and a couple of days ago received my eCheck. I just deposited the check. I also got the best price for my iPhone! Great doing business with them!
Horrible customer support. Purchased an iphone X on 8/20. Received the phone but could not even setup the phone because the screen would jump around. At one point could put in a passcode, but then was unable to enter the passcode again because of the problems with the screen. Initiated return 8/27. They received the device by 9/1. Said they needed the passcode. Gave the passcode. Then they said they couldn't enter the passcode because of the screen. Said they would send the phone out for repair. Called multiple times, emailed multiple times. Still no refund and is now 10/5.
Hi Kevin,

This was a very unfortunate circumstance and we tried to keep you in the loop along the way. The repair of the device did take some time, and we understand that this was not the easiest option for you. As a small company, every little bit counts and we understand that our customer service needs to be above all. With that being said, I am sorry that you had to wait and we will figure out a better solution for this problem in the future. Your refund has been processed today. Thank you for understanding.
I Ordered a refurbished iPhone 7. Charged it over night, set it up in the morning, and within an hour the charge dropped down to 30%. I did everything suggested by Apple experts, but still, the phone would get very hot, lose it's charge and die. I was happy we could buy another one and receive credit from the malfunctioning phone upon returning it. But, before we could even send the first phone back, the second iPhone 7 arrived.
It started off functioning slowly, and then it would get very hot, and lose battery life very quickly just like the first phone. So now what? Do I have to buy a 3rd phone and go through this again?
All these lovely staff people apparently tested and inspected these phones, but this could not be a thorough inspection. They look good, and seem nice, but there's no way the inspection process involves turning the phone on for half a day, adding apps, and actually using the phone, sending texts, etc. Now what? I did pay for the 90 day warranty on each phone, but do I get my money back?
I was a very frustrated when I received my order because I paid an extra $60 for my iPhone to be unlocked and when I received my order the iphone was locked and I had a really hard time getting the phone to be unlocked so I could use my previous SIM card on it. The sound is also really quite on this phone but that might just be that way on all older iPhones idk.
You got what you purchased. It was fast delivery. Great comfy to work with with a 30-day return guarantee.
The phone arrived a daily early and in perfect condition. Looked brand new. Worked perfectly. My daughter is happy and I’m even happier with the price I paid!
UpTrade is rated 4.53 based on 657 reviews