Vertoe Reviews

Returns & Refunds
returns process
Easy
Read Vertoe Reviews
While the service itself is good unfortunately the operator used in New York made the made us doubtful we would use again.
No one at The Mercury Hotel (South Miami Beach) knew how to check in my luggage when I arrived. The hotel itself was sketchy (read the reviews of this place on Google). I received no receipts and none of the locks with codes I was supposed to receive - received nothing. Upon my return, the manager (?) behind the bar was screaming at someone over the phone and never stopped screaming... just opened the door where my luggage was and pointed to it so I could retrieve it. I was happy to get out of there. Overall, a very strange and somewhat scary experience. Great idea for storing luggage, but I won’t use again. Sorry.
The service at this location isn’t streamlined like at others. The locations provider didn’t offer consistent protocol and it did not feel secure. Also, not the greatest place to leave your items. I
I don't directly blame Vertoe - I get their business model. However, the business they contracted to store our luggage did not open on time. After arriving 15 minutes late, the person opening the store told us to wait outside till he was ready. At about 20-25 minutes of sitting on the concrete outside of the store, he finally allowed us in to check in our luggage. We then had to rush to the scheduled event we had that started in 30 minutes.
The place where I left our suitcase was not customer friendly. I stood in front of two guys in the morning. They were sorting envelopes. Nobody acknowledged me for over 30 seconds. Finally, one of them pulled out his ear plugs and asked me what “I wanted.” I told him I was leaving a suitcase. He took it from me. When my wife asked if we could leave a small bag, he said no. That was another bag. I asked if I get a receipt, he said no. I asked if they lock it with a seal, he said no. Strange place
Location did not feel secure and when I came back to get my bag the door was locked and no one was there even though it was supposed to be open 24 hours.
The people were very nice but the bags were stored in a bathroom. My pillow was placed on the toilet seat... And vertoe won't tell you Anything until you pay and book. Deceptive.
I booked a place to store my luggage in New York City for a few hours. I received a confirmation by text and email. When I arrived at the booking location, the gentleman at the counter had no knowledge of my reservation, despite the fact that I shared my email and text confirmation with him.
We dropped our luggage in a green store, where the employees barely spoke to us. When we got back to pick them up, they were at the end of an aisle, accessible to everyone. Nothing was wrong with our luggage, but that is not a real service. If I pay for a drop-off place, I expect my baggage to be stored in a secure and inaccessible place, not left in a random aisle.
Very sketchy shop, bags were unsecured. Worked but I worried about my belongings.
So I booked at the highbury and islington drop off. I arrived to find that the pub had no recollection of offering the service. Eventually they took the bag but I spent the entire time that o was away wondering if I would get it back. When I arrived to collect the bag there had been a change of staff and noone knew anything about it. The pub/restaurant was busy and they didn't really have much time to go looking for it. Fortunately I'd insisted that the guy when dropping off had written the order number on a piece of paper and taped it to the bag. The fact that I could give him the 10 digit number finally convinced the bar tender to give me my bag back. I would suggest that better policies and processes are set up around accepting drop off sites if you're bookings are prepaid!
It wasn’t exactly stored in a safe space, just in the corner of the store with no one watching it anyone could have come in and taken it
The service is a great idea and the people in the place where I stored my bag were very nice. However, to say that the location was "near Union Square" (San Francisco) and then send me to the heart of the Tenderloin five blocks away is pure dissembling. I picked up my bag at night and was fearful of the neighborhood. Terrible idea for me.
The guy did not give me proper instructions. My luggage were place in a place where anyone could’ve taken them
The place near Sydney Town Hall is very hard to find, no sign or anything to direct the customer. There is no dedicated space for storage, I had to just leave my baggage on the floor next to the counter. The staff has a very poor idea of the procedure to follow.
I did not use the service in the end. The directions given were not helpful and it did not look safe to leave my luggage.
The vision of Vertoe itself is nice. But whenever you’re in a city like New York you want your luggage to be safe. So when we came back to pick up our luggage, they didn‘t even check our confirmation/last name/luggage tags.. They just told us to get our luggage ourselves. We could’ve easily taken someone else’s luggage and they wouldn’t even notice. To me, that’s bad.
We finally found the dry cleaners not in Waterloo Station but underneath it on the road. The address should have made it clear 'it's not in the station'. We had to ask for a security tag he just took the bag away so we asked for the tag. On our return he just gave us our bag no request for I'd or photo, then we noticed it wasn't even secure. So thanks for the offer of a discount, we wont need it as we will never use this company again.
We had a bad experience at the pick up of our luggage. The man was rude, inpolite and very disrespectful when we came to pick up our bags. We really felt intimidated and bossed. I wrote an e-mail about this at Vertoe. In reply they assured me that they were going to speak about it.
The owner of the store was extremely rude, and I don't know if I would feel comfortable leaving my belongings to them again.
Vertoe is rated 4.61 based on 3,701 reviews