Whsmith Reviews

2.2
Based on 105 reviews
Read Whsmith Reviews

About Whsmith:

Online at WHSmith.co.uk, customers order from over 2 million books plus thousands of magazines gift packs, stationery products, gifts, toys and games.. With over 550 stores on the high street and 490 stores at airports, train stations, hospitals and motorway services, WHSmith is one of the UKs leading retail groups and a household name.

Tell us how Whsmith made you happy
Whsmith 1 star review on 13th December 2021
Paul Flack
Whsmith 1 star review on 13th December 2021
Paul Flack
Whsmith 1 star review on 14th October 2021
DESISLAVA DIMITROVA
Whsmith 1 star review on 14th October 2021
DESISLAVA DIMITROVA
i have placed an order for signed book of Molly Mae - since February 2022 now we are in mid of May 2022!! first of all very easy payment to take your money. hardly to communicate with what ever support team, as there is only email and no direct contact to call. second i never received any update from WHsmith only confirmation for payment. i asked to refund as i sent the receipt and the order number usual no replay or response i have tried to cancel order from my account on the WHSmith website there is only cancellation option as there is no refund and i have asked to cancel the order bur also there is no confirmation for the cancel or refund ,,,, it was very bad experience to deal with WHsmith wasting time, wasting effort waiting for some one to replay or confirm very stupid website and unhelpful A&Q as there is no direct instruction for refund !!!! ....
Using a self service till in store I was charged more for a credit card purchase than that shown on my receipt! No explanation but did refund when shown in store. Check your card receipt against your statement!
I f I could give this company no stars, I would. They have merged with the post office in Finchley Road and they are hopelessly inefficient. Recently I have stood in two queues waiting to conduct a simple transaction for over an hour with ONE person at the counter and a rude and ignorant "manager" who told me there was nothing he could do about it. I will never go into this place again, and the will buy items I was planning to purchase elsewhere. Please avoid this place if you can.
What a horrible company with ignorant staff ripping people off is the only agenda m
The Whsmiths situated in the main entrance of QEQM is staffed by the rudest group of women I have ever met. They will leave people waiting in the queue while they stand around chatting about their private lives, hospital staff only have short breaks so slow and rude service is not appreciated. The prices are staggeringly high and I will never ever use this shop again.
Waiting for my order for 2 months which was my son's birthday gift. and still not available until today. The FAKE information ( ALWAYS SHOW: Available / dispatched within 1 - 2 weeks). So VERY DISAPOINTED AND WON'T ORDER ANY BOOKS IN THE FUTURE.
Zero response from customer service after a package failed to arrive.
Ordered a book as a Xmas present on 20/12, website stated available and can be delivered before Xmas. I paid £5.99 extra for next day delivery. 4 days later there is no sign of it. I set up an account to track it. My account shows no purchase. Smiths took money out of my credit card on the day I ordered the book.
Dreadful online shopping experience..literally the worst so far of the pandemic. 2 successive order not delivered ...no explanation from the woefully slow customer service team. Just don't seem bothered. Won't be spending my hard earned cash there again.
I bought Sass and Belle vases online from WH Smith, it clearly stated a trio of vases for £18, along with a photograph of three slightly different size vases. When the order arrived there was only one vase, which had a small chip at the neck. WHSmith’s understanding of trio and must be different to mine. I have contacted them via the customer complaints email address and had a reply, but nobody has told me when the mistake will be rectified. The vases are a present and Christmas is getting close. I hope this is a genuine mistake and not deliberately misleading trading. My order number is 17917793.
Whsmith 1 star review on 13th December 2021 Whsmith 1 star review on 13th December 2021
Ordered a record months ago. Received an email stating the delivery was delayed for a couple of weeks. Now received an email stating my order is cancelled. They are clearly advertising items which they don’t hold in stock or able to obtain from their suppliers and have now got to try and purchase elsewhere at a higher cost. Do not trust unless buying in their shop!
Got gift wrapping from them £5.99 for a roll for that price I would expect quality paper but no one of the rolls even arrived a little ripped very disappointed
Whsmith 1 star review on 14th October 2021 Whsmith 1 star review on 14th October 2021
I had no issues with the company up until now. I have ordered a book from the Step into Reading series about baseball a few months ago. I waited weeks and weeks and eventually I got an e-mail saying that my order got cancelled as this book is no longer available. Well if it’s no longer available then why have it on the website available for ordering? But anyway, no problem! I’ll just order a different book from the same series. Again, waited weeks and weeks and I recieve the SAME e-mail. The book is no longer available. WHSmith, could you please not bother putting books on your website that aren’t actually available to order? Because it’s a massive waste of time for people to order them and wait, only to find out that their orders got cancelled. Thanks.
Do not trust this company! I wish I had read the reviews before ordering but I thought WHSmith would be fine to order from as its a well known company. I was completely wrong, I ordered school books and supplies due to be delivered yesterday as I'd pay for next day delivery. I haven't received my delivery, no tracking number in this day and age in spite of email confirmation its been "shipped" also there is no number to contact them on. I'm a disabled single parent so now I'm out of pocket, I can't afford to buy replacements so my children will have to go without.
Would have rated them lower if I could - book I wanted showing as available so ordered and paid for next day delivery. Nearly a week later no sign of it so contacted them via Twitter to then be told it was under consideration for re print so not in stock yet they took my money and never bothered to tell me it wasn't available then said sorry can't tell you when it will be.
Why advertise a book, take your money and then just don't bother notifying your customers, until we contact you as to where the order is, for you then to say it's out of stock, you need to take a leaf out of Waterstones book and actually let your customers know if the item is out of stock on the website
What a rip off WHSMITH is, I went in to buy tobacco 30g amber leaf…..£21.99 they tried to charge, I went two feet down to another little off licence and it was only £15.29 I told the man in the shop and he said they shouldn’t be alowed to charge that because they are under a contract to sell tobacco at a certain price which you can’t go over or under. They shouldn’t be playing on peoples addictions like that it’s choice to smoke and it shouldn’t be down to other people telling you you shouldn’t or can’t we’re not stupid we know it’s bad for you and we know you shouldn’t do it we Don’t need pricks telling us what to do with our lives
After 2 weeks of waiting for my book order, i contacted the customer service for explanation. Shockingly a Fran, from the customer service re-claimed they will send my book between 1-2 weeks as they originally said. They added I can request to cancel the book order. I wrote to state that they clearly have a poor customer service skill if they failed to understand it was more than 2 weeks since i placed the order. And that their comment about cancellation meant they don't understand the non-monetary costs involved for someone who was waiting for the book to sit for registered exam. Next email i received was notification that they had cancelled my order. This shows they clearly lack customer service skills.
received email from WHSmith confirmed my order was ready to collect. I ordered four items but the ready collect email only showed one item. not sure if it's ready for completed order or just part of it. emailed the WHSmith, as their phone's voice mail telling you there's only one way to contact the customer services was email. WHSmith only sent auto reply and I'm still waiting... (by awaiting the reply, I did travel to the shop wishing it might be ready for my whole order, but no, there was only one item ready to be collected)... at least, if WHSmith could clarify to let me know there's only part of order ready to be collected? Never ever use WHSmith online please. I wish I'd read the review before place order .
I order a magazine on a 12 month subscription. I have just been told it could take 7 to 19 weeks to receive my first copy. Its a run of the mill practice caravan magazine. Service is appalling I could order a new car and have it delivered in that time. DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY
Whsmith is rated 2.18 based on 105 reviews