Wickes Reviews

of reviewers recommend Wickes
Read Wickes Reviews

About Wickes:

Wickes continues to be one of the major brands in the DIY and Home Improvement sector. We have a range of over 10,000 products (98% own brand), and are able to offer our customers everyday low prices by sourcing the best quality products at the lowest possible cost. Most of our products are available for next-day delivery, including big & bulky stuff. At Wickes you can discover a whole host of inspirational ideas for your Home and Garden, with some of our key products being doors, flooring, tiles, kitchens and gardens. Launched in 2006, the Wickes transactional website features product details covering the complete Wickes range. Our website is constantly being enhanced to help improve customer satisfaction, so why not be a part of that journey by helping customers find us.

0344 892 2721 (Ext. 6322)

National Customer Service Centre | Rhosili Road | Brackmills

Tell us how Wickes made you happy
Wickes 1 star review on 30th March 2022
Linda Herrington
Wickes 1 star review on 30th March 2022
Linda Herrington
Wickes 5 star review on 6th February 2022
Stock levels are hit and miss, prices are not that competitive and apart from one or two exceptions staff are not very knowledgeable. Not enough trolleys available. Rarely more than one till open and usually a queue. I have left my trolley and walked out on more than one occasion because of lack of staff and got everything I wanted at their rival round the corner. I would only us this store as a last resort. Oh and the toilets are a disgrace.
Delivery arrived during the 5 hour time slot!,apparently due to the fact that Wickes do not do their own deliveries.One kitchen unit was not present even though no delivery note was given to check of goods,whilst another unit was dropped and broken.Delivery driver was clueless as to who to contact and eventually gave me a customer enquires number.Ten minutes waiting in a queue to be told it was delivered from a local store.Rang local store who hadn't been informed of it,but told through no fault of my own I would have to spend another 5 hours awaiting further delivery.Also website given of how to track said items is none existent.Advice either pick it up yourself or encourage Wickes to invest some money and operate a decent delivery service
Don't change your order date for kitchens - They will send half and forget the other
I went to buy paint at Wickes in Catford on Saturday, but they did not have the colours I wanted in stock. The staff said they would get a new order on Monday, and that I should order for click and collect on Sunday. After determining that not all the colours I needed were available, I finally ordered and paid for the colours that were available on Monday morning. The payment for this order went through. 2.5 hours later I got a call from the store on my voicemail which said, "I'm calling about your order. We don't have it. Give us a call back so we can refund you." No contact number left. When I tried to call the store back, they didn't answer. I called the general customer service, and they said the could get me a call back within 3 hours. I have a tight time-frame for painting, and now have to source the paint somewhere else. It's appalling customer service. If Wickes can't guarantee that products that are bought online are available, they should not offer a click and collect service. I can't believe a company is allowed to operate like this.
I brought 10 fence panels the service was excellent but when erected the panels knots in the wood loads of them fell out I emailed them got a response and now heard nothing not good R Wilson.
Good product, fair price but let down by delivery and customer service 3 promised delivery dates no shows. No explanation. Seems they do not carry sufficient stock
Purchased purple haze paint for the bedroom, quite pleased with the result at first then came the warm weather, my wife and son complained about a smell which they thought was cats(we have not got a cat) or possibly a gas leak. Following investigation it turned out to be the paint which gave off a foul odour when the bedroom wall got warm in the sunlight. Communicated with Wickes who said their supplier thought there was nothing with the paint, it was possibly a bacteria which was already present in the old paint, but we have never experienced this problem before.
I've been ordering material online from Wickes for many years but lately they turn up with many items missing. You then have to chase this yourself, repeatedly - a process that can take many weeks to resolve. The customer service department just pass the buck and tell you to phone the relevant depot yourself without taking ownership of the problem. While the prices on some items may seem competitive, once you factor in the time and stress of orders not being satisfied in full you will regret not having gone elsewhere. I made the mistake of thinking it was a bad patch but even months later the orders are still not being satisfied. 'In stock' and timed deliveries mean nothing if the delivery doesn't turn up on the day.
Delivered damaged and then said I wasn't around for a redelivery but made no effort to contact me! hopefully goes well for a third attempt
Had an aggregate delivery incorrect stone delivered, already put down by gardener. Contacted store advised that it was TARMAC's fault as they supply Wickes. All they could offer was £50 store refund. Paud £135 PLUS 30 delivery FOR COTSWOLD CHIPPINGS AND DELIVERED MIXED FLINTS. Delivery sheet had not been checked by driver. May as well have purchased pea gravel less likley to puncture tyres.
Amateurish delivery drivers, poor to non existent communication and disinterested customer service.
Purchased a kitchen recently. Looked good but seriously let down by the fitter they supplied who did not stand by his promises so I ended up with an incomplete job. Customers services did not want to know and took no responsibility yet it was their sub-contractor. Think twice.
I recently purchased 3 tins of their own label trade brilliant white gloss For anyone thinking of doing the same, don't. It's not white and is not a patch on crown or indeed b and q own label, it's an off white colour and I've had to do the whole job again At least they gave me my money back in store but not the tin I had used. Very poor and one to be avoided
I have made two orders on line in the past three months. Both orders were for two radiators. In January the first of two radiators ( a towel rail) was delivered only to discover the packaging had been opened and fittings removed. After phones I had to return to the radiator to Bournemouth store to be given a replacement. Meanwhile, the second radiator did not arrive within the 5 working days with a plumber on site to install it. After phones it was finally delivered late. The second order was also for a towel rail (half price in a sale) and a larger radiator. The website stated the Bournemouth store had two towel rails quoted in the the sale in store and ready for collection. I paid online, only to receive a phone call later to say the store had none in stock and I may have to wait for two weeks of more. Fortunately, a few days later I received a text to say that the radiator. And surprise surprise, the promise of receiving the larger radiator within 5 working days elapsed for a second time. Wickes and its supplies make false promises that they cannot deliver on. Very poor service all round
Still waiting for 5k to be returned as emailed for a long time. Treated poorly at first & then very slow with any service or follow up. Need the 5k back. Never using again & told family.
Tried ringing your Chadwell Heath store a few times during the day, no answer at all. Went to store at 8pm today to collect an order. Only one member of staff visible at the customer services desk, unfortunately on the phone, whilst 5 people waiting to be served. Five minutes she came off of the phone and did apologise for the delay. Eventually another member of staff appeared went to a till but was commandeered by the girl dealing with a n other. Yet more delay, took about 15/20 minutes for me to collect my order. This is not thefirst time that I have experienced needless delays.
Firstly we bought & paid deposit for kitchen in October 2016, at the same time we paid for the kitchen & floor tiles. The kitchen fitter went to pick up the wall & floor tiles in January, only to be told the floor tiles were discontinued & we couldn't have them. No phone call from Wickes to inform us about it, we had to do all the chasing up. Secondly we bought granite worktops, but nobody told us it was standard 10 days between templating & installation. This meant I had to take time off work unpaid. When I complained about this I was told it would be sorted after the kitchen was installed, I've contacted customer services with my out of pocket expenses, but funny old thing nobody gets back to me. The kitchen it's self is excellent, but customer services is shoddy to say the least.
advised delivery on Tuesday 15 .11.16 no show -customer did not know what had happened to my order (skirting) - called Wednesday called 3 times still no idea where my order was. Received call tonight to say should be tomorrow-hopefully 2 days wasted .
Since they changed the store so that the majority of items have to be ordered from the catalogue it has made shopping at Wickes difficult. You have to go through the catalogue and find the item(s) then mark them on the order sheet & take to the counter. Someone will then fetch them. If you want to compare several items it is extremely frustrating for you and the staff. I find it easier to go to B&Q.
I rarely had such a bad customer experience and at every possible touch points : 1. Locating and accessing Wickes. Address and opening hours on Google maps really should specify that the Battersea store only does Kitchen & Bathroom. I had to take another cab to go to Wimbledon. Another client was in the same situation. 2. Shopping at Wickes Wimbledon store on a Sunday afternoon. Unless you are desperate to achieve your plans, and have time and a lot of patience, avoid this experience by all means. Until Chaze came to help, I received extremely poor service. The whole point of going to a store versus ordering online is to have advice and comments on products. This was simply not available. Someone from the reception desk went out for the shop floor to fetch someone who could help me. After 5 minutes waiting, he came back with an adviser who had first indicated to me he wasn't able to help. Later on, I asked again for help as the store was closing and I was getting really edgy to still be at the store with so little help and still needed to find one drill. One person refused to help because the "store was closed" (I had a whole bunch of materials on the trolley next to me). Thankfully, a couple of staff members were a bit savvier in terms of customer service, and thanks to them I was able to find what I needed. 3. Website. After coming home, I realised I didn't buy enough timber and the drill didn't come with drill bits. The website is as useless as most staff I met in the store. No info on drill bits sizes. 4. Telephone. I just called to know what size were the drill bits in the set advertised on the website. The customer service line didn't know and asked me (after I had waited for 5 minutes to have someone) to contact the store directly. I then contacted the store where a shop adviser put me on hold to go check the set directly. She was gone for quite some time so another sales assistant picked up the phone, unaware of my previous conversation, asking how they could help. After I indicated I was already taken care of, the line just cut. I called back (wondering why, really, at this stage!), and the lady I spoke to earlier said she couldn't find the set and would call me back once she got a chance to check the warehouse. I think this is the first time ever I write a review on a store. I'm actually quite flabbergasted but the poverty of this customer service. Hope the management will read that and sort it out. Current set up is designed to draw customers to competitors.
Wickes is rated 1.53 based on 1,450 reviews