Wickes Reviews

of reviewers recommend Wickes
Read Wickes Reviews

About Wickes:

Wickes continues to be one of the major brands in the DIY and Home Improvement sector. We have a range of over 10,000 products (98% own brand), and are able to offer our customers everyday low prices by sourcing the best quality products at the lowest possible cost. Most of our products are available for next-day delivery, including big & bulky stuff. At Wickes you can discover a whole host of inspirational ideas for your Home and Garden, with some of our key products being doors, flooring, tiles, kitchens and gardens. Launched in 2006, the Wickes transactional website features product details covering the complete Wickes range. Our website is constantly being enhanced to help improve customer satisfaction, so why not be a part of that journey by helping customers find us.

0344 892 2721 (Ext. 6322)

National Customer Service Centre | Rhosili Road | Brackmills

Tell us how Wickes made you happy
Got to the checkout and the assistant could not spell PLYWOOD I had to tell him, I think he was Polish, God help us all
Unlike most of the reviews here, mine is not based on the service of staff but on the quality and value of their products. I purchased two 1000 wall units from the flat pack range. We moved into our house last year and although the kitchen is functional, we will be changing it. There were no wall units fitted so we wanted to add some as a temporary solution pending a complete refit. The quality of these not inexpensive units falls far short of expectations. In short, the carcasses edges do not align properly and when assembling and do not hold their form after fitting. They are not strong enough to hold their shape and sag in the middle once the shelves are loaded. (No. Not overloaded) I would not consider purchasing from Wickes when it comes time to refit the kitchen.
After spending almost 8k of my inheritance on a bathroom installation. My partner is having to rectify badly finished areas, of which there are too many to list. For the amount paid, 6k of which is the installation fee, I'd expect perfection, not rushed jobs. The work was done in a rushed and untidy manor, with little respect for the materials the installer was working with. If we'd have known in advance that we would have to put right, wrong doings we'd have found local firms to do the job. Unless you want to waste money avoid Wickes installation like the plague.
Delivery company was effective and helpful. However, this is the worst quality plywood I have ever seen. All three sheets of 12mm ply (over a hundred pounds) were delaminating and full of voids. Every time a piece was cut more faults throughout the sheets. Poor product Wickes!
Went to the Rushden branch and got a detailed plan for my new bathroom.The plan was to strip everything out and start anew.The price was approx £3000 for fittings excluding tiles,and approx £5000 for fitting. I said i would go ahead and was happy to pay for the materials now,but was told company policy was 100% payment in advance despite installation would be november ish but before christmas. Never heard of a company doing this,my worry was the fitters are not employed by wickes. Iwas told i could take out a credit agreement and pay 10% now and balance on completion ,which i rejected. For example just ordered solar panels,total deposit zero on £7000 order
Poor online delivery process. Items did not get delivered on time and certain items went missing. Spent 2 days on the support chat trying to work out where my items were and nobody had a clue between several people. I had to keep repeating myself. Never once did I feel I was the customer that followed a process only to be let down. No urgency from anybody.
Asked what the price was for a basic kitchen with 6 cupboards (including fitting). From £6500, appliances not included. Wickes clearly did not want my custom. I'm now glad they do not have my £6500!
I have received multiple delivered orders from Wickes. Generally the quality of the products are quite good for the money. What is however very frustrating and something they need to fix is the fact that it is very rare for an order of multiple items to be delivered in one batch. My latest experience of this has put me off for good. A basic order of some items to build some garden fencing - started as two deliveries on the same day. OK. Then it became 4 deliveries on 3 different days. Then the 4th delivery never arrived. Still nothing after 3 interactions with customer services. Very poor and I can't start the work!
Ordered paint 3 x 10lt Firstly delivered short. The delivered and damaged. Then opened up 1 if the other boxes which was used to deliver paint and that one broken. Ask me to photograph which would have just shown a blue bag inside. However I did nit open these two up until after the 30 days but never the less still delivered busted. Nothing they would do. I will avoid wickes now at all costs The adviser dud say maybe the shouldn't deliver paint. So maybe this happens regularly. Although paint cheaper at wickes with the broken pot it makes it more expensive. Just another lost customer not that they care.
Design process worked well and the delivery happen on the second promised date. The delivery consisted of a million flat pack boxes and try as I might I could not work out if we had everything as boxes seem to have different codings to order? So when my out fitter arrived it took him a day to establish we were missing 3 of the 4 full height units. telephoned for these to be sent and arrange delivery arrived today but it was 2 wall units and 2 boxes of shelves for the full height units we don't have. 3 calls today, twice cut off and finally found someone who thinks that can solve the problem in 2 days time. meaning the kitchen fitter did 3 days workers and can do no more. Each time I call I speak to a different person and 2 out of 3 today told me the full height units come in small boxes, something my fitter says is nonsense and as we got one full hight unit I know the flat pack box was a tall one. Not a great story so far>>>> To be continued
had a new shower room fitted march 2020 rob was brilliant unfortunately he had to return as floor tile became loose, he did so & fixed the tile, now the tile is loose again, the grout is all cracked because of movement, i have contacted wickes on numerous occassions all i keep getting is rob will ring you, he has contacted me once to say he will be up, but never arrives now i have had enough & i have to pay someone else to relay the whole floor, i spent a lot of money with wickes i also bought a new kitchen, i am soory but i think the after service is attrotious & i will never purchase nor recomend them again l
Considered using for kitchen refurb - did not go through. With it. Very disappointed with customer service, home visit and quote. Found it to be an unprofessional and unhelpful experience
Have shopped in Wickes for many years but they've taken their eye off the ball. Experience in shop today where an item was marked one price and they tried to charge more. Then he couldn't leave till to check. All very last century. Will be shopping at Screwfix in future whenever possible.
I would like to know if anybody else has had problems with reliability of Wicks external light fittings. Fitted Floodlight with PIR 17 months ago but the LED light is no longer working. I have fitted several different types of PIR lights and found you would be lucky to get 2 years or more. I will no longer fit any more light fittings from Wicks.
We ordered 2 bathroom fits Jan 20. Delivery ready for fitting was end Jul 20, fitting from mid Aug 20. First issue the items delivered were not stored properly by the delivery men. A worktop warped and therefore was less than perfect when fitted. The next issue was that an additional charge was made by Wickes for fitting porcelain tiles. A duplicate charge was picked up on the fitters invoice which had to be challenged. Its now Nov 20 and one bathroom is still not completed awaiting missing cabinet shelves. In the other bathroom the fitted toilet overflows when filling.
I wanted a new fitted kitchen with some extra design features. The design consultant (Wickes Barking) visited to measure etc but it was all done very quickly. I had the feeling that once he knew I didn’t want the more expensive bespoke kitchen then they lost interest. There was no discussion about the different options eg worktops, flooring etc. He kept talking over the top of me basically saying ‘this is what you’ve got’. Instead of two deliveries it took five. We had to send stuff back twice because it arrived broken - not just damaged but eg a cupboard door fully snapped in two. Things were mismeasured or weren’t in stock when needed so we had to make modifications to the design when I went to pick stuff up from the store with my builder. Because the designer hadn’t spent time getting to know the kitchen, my builder also had to make further modifications on the job to avoid pipes/taps etc. The worktops I bought are good but needed joiners and because the space wasn’t measured accurately I had to have metal joins in the middle of my main worktop. Mistakes in measurement also meant I ended up with 7 pallets of flooring I didn’t need which needed to be collected and returned. The first attempt at pick up was by the rudest driver ever who, because I hadn’t left the pallets on the curb side, rang my door bell to tell me he wasn’t coming up to help and then drove off (no one had told me to leave it on the curb side and as I was on my own I couldn’t get the heavy pallets down two flights of stairs). It took two more goes before someone came to pick up. Customer service operators were always polite but said they couldn’t help because I’d bought in store and only the store could help. At the end of the day, the kitchen is fine (apart from the metal join in my worktop) but I wouldn’t use Wickes again.
I wanted to buy some bark clippings, Wickes seemed to have a reasonable product and, according to their website, my closest Wickes branch had 14 bags in stock. But in fact, they had none. The assistant there asked if I'd checked their branch on line and I said yes, and they showed stock. He checked while I was there and agreed that their site showed stock, but said they'd been out of stock for a while. When I said what is the point of showing stock if they don't actually he have any, he said: "No point". He said that the nearest store with stock was Minworth - 40 miles away. So when I got home I phoned customer services. The guy there apologised and said he'd speak to their IT dept. I pointed out that there were around 20 stores showing stock closer than Minworth but did they actually have stock? How would I know? He eventually agreed to contact the two closest stores and get them to call with with what their physical stock was. Having heard nothing for 24 hours, I called customer services again. This time, their representative said he would call the next closest store and check on the stock; he couldn't get through so told me that he had emailed them for a response - he promised that he would then call me with the relevant stock info. I heard nothing, so decided to risk another trip, and did actually get the bags I wanted. Moral of the story: don't believe Wickes's online store stock figures and don't expect their customer service teams to act on what they promise.
We love Wickes. We decided to buy a new kitchen and invited the store to send a representative to measure up. Great we were very happy with the design. We went back to the store and said we wanted a supply only price and a price for fitting too. What we did not realise that the offer was only on for the fitting which we did not require and that our fairly basic kitchen would cost £6900 or 9k fitted. What a shame Wickes if only that had been as honest as we wanted we would have bought the kitchen when the next offer was on with 50% off units. An opportunity lost and a sale to Homebase that offered a very similar kitchen for £3500 with extras included. We did not get a breakdown of prices until we asked for it and the gas fitting plastering tiling electric charges were ridiculous as no requirement to change the electrics or gas but were still included. Not sure why Wickes have moved to this all in fitment scheme as it is not what some of us want and sales are lost as the units are double the price.
as with several other customers I have found the website useless. I can only guess that there is no one looking after it which due to the epidemic can be explained. I have tried to order several items for delivery and on the purchasing page they say that it is in stock only to be told on the delivery page it is not in stock. I think that the website has been thought through and it would be better if the deliveries option is cancelled as Wickes reviews seem to be getting a battering. It is unfortunate as I have had a good service from Wickes over several years.
Spent over £10k on a new kitchen. Quality of product was good. After sales care (i.e. customer service) was appalling. Took weeks to finally get all of the relevant items needed to finish the kitchen. There was no after sales service at the Knaphill branch of Wickes (can't speak for other branches). They genuinely don't care once the original sale has been made.
Wickes is rated 1.54 based on 1,389 reviews