Wickes Reviews

of reviewers recommend Wickes
Read Wickes Reviews

About Wickes:

Wickes continues to be one of the major brands in the DIY and Home Improvement sector. We have a range of over 10,000 products (98% own brand), and are able to offer our customers everyday low prices by sourcing the best quality products at the lowest possible cost. Most of our products are available for next-day delivery, including big & bulky stuff. At Wickes you can discover a whole host of inspirational ideas for your Home and Garden, with some of our key products being doors, flooring, tiles, kitchens and gardens. Launched in 2006, the Wickes transactional website features product details covering the complete Wickes range. Our website is constantly being enhanced to help improve customer satisfaction, so why not be a part of that journey by helping customers find us.

enquiries@wickes.co.uk

Wickes Building Supplies, Rhosilli Road
Northampton
NN4 7JE

Tell us how Wickes made you happy
Wickes 1 star review on 26th November 2022
Michael
Michael Picone
three years ago we purchased a top of the range kitchen, Wickes were really helpful until they had our cash ! The kitchen fitter was Aurora Kitchens employed by Wickes, we were very pleased with our kitchen at first until an empty wall unit fell off the wall, the corner carousel fell off and the floor started cracking, we called the fitter numerous times and eventually after we contacted Wickes he came back, looked at it and said ' yes it is because I laid it over existing ceramic tiles, it should have been screeded and that is why it is cracking along the ceramic tile joints, I will put it right, trust me I will call and put it right ' a year later he hadn't and would not reply to messages which taught us that we can't trust Aurora Kitchens. Next we contacted Wickes asking for a refund and the cost of replacement, they said it was the fitters fault and the fitter said it was Wickes. We felt that our contract was with Wickes they said it wasn't so we contacted the FHIO ombudsman service who were brilliant and after 2.5 years in total of trying to get it sorted they decided that we were right and it was Wickes who were responsible, even then there was a long delay of about 6months with them sending the cheque the first one was for a much smaller amount saying this is the cheque, back to FHIO and they told them that the full amount agreed must be paid immediately which they did. Horrible service from both Wickes and Aurora Kitchens which is such a shame as it is a lovely expensive Azure kitchen and the enjoyment of it has been ruined. My advice to anyone reading this is to avoid Wickes product are fine service poor and Aurora Kitchens, trust is so important and as has been proved you can't trust either of them, pay more if you have to get everything in writing
Do not book through Wickes. We were told they were one of the better ones but have lied and been dodgy salesman throughout. The only reason they have a 2 is that the fitter was actually great (he wasn’t Wickes just works some jobs for them) Overpriced, lots of hidden costs. promised us 6 week to fit time, actually 4 months which we were only told about after they took our money. Deliveries turned up haphazard and several bits missing- I was having to carefully check everything and phone everyday to chase. Then several bits were completely wrong for the items chosen (wrong fittings etc). They also massively over calculated what was needed and we have ended up with lots of stuff to go back, some of which they are being really difficult over. We have also had to lug all this stuff back ourselves (huge boxes of boards and lots of boxes of tiles), they didn’t even help transfer it from the car park to shop. Passed from person to person throughout. Luckily the fitter seems to have done a great job (time will tell) so I just have to block the memory of the booking and wait out of my mind, but would never recommend them to anyone.
Ordered roofing felt, clout nails and adhesive told delivery between 7am-7pm. today 25th March. Would be given window for time.Delivered by Tuffnells , no contact ,just arrived at door with clout nails and adhesive, not much use without the felt. Phoned Wickes to be told it had not been put on van, expect it Monday , means another day staying home in case they do send it.
Would give even zero for their online shop. As a first time online order it can't be processed online because billing address is not matching with delivery address. I'm ordering for my client. What should I do with the fence panels delivered to my flat? Carry them on by hand across London or order another delivery from my home to the client. Does not makes any sense totally.
The wrong parts sent with the kitchen. They did resolve it at the end but the Wilsonart Zenith Crystall 12.5mm worktop described as super tough started to bow both longitudinally and transverseley Manufacturer was resisting a replacement given the length of time after purchase/storage. Nothing in the T&Cs. Fobbed us off at the end. I won't be going back and won't be recommending them.
Unlike most of the reviews here, mine is not based on the service of staff but on the quality and value of their products. I purchased two 1000 wall units from the flat pack range. We moved into our house last year and although the kitchen is functional, we will be changing it. There were no wall units fitted so we wanted to add some as a temporary solution pending a complete refit. The quality of these not inexpensive units falls far short of expectations. In short, the carcasses edges do not align properly and when assembling and do not hold their form after fitting. They are not strong enough to hold their shape and sag in the middle once the shelves are loaded. (No. Not overloaded) I would not consider purchasing from Wickes when it comes time to refit the kitchen.
Wickes 2 star review on 21st November 2021 Wickes 2 star review on 21st November 2021 Wickes 2 star review on 21st November 2021
After spending almost 8k of my inheritance on a bathroom installation. My partner is having to rectify badly finished areas, of which there are too many to list. For the amount paid, 6k of which is the installation fee, I'd expect perfection, not rushed jobs. The work was done in a rushed and untidy manor, with little respect for the materials the installer was working with. If we'd have known in advance that we would have to put right, wrong doings we'd have found local firms to do the job. Unless you want to waste money avoid Wickes installation like the plague.
Delivery company was effective and helpful. However, this is the worst quality plywood I have ever seen. All three sheets of 12mm ply (over a hundred pounds) were delaminating and full of voids. Every time a piece was cut more faults throughout the sheets. Poor product Wickes!
Went to the Rushden branch and got a detailed plan for my new bathroom.The plan was to strip everything out and start anew.The price was approx £3000 for fittings excluding tiles,and approx £5000 for fitting. I said i would go ahead and was happy to pay for the materials now,but was told company policy was 100% payment in advance despite installation would be november ish but before christmas. Never heard of a company doing this,my worry was the fitters are not employed by wickes. Iwas told i could take out a credit agreement and pay 10% now and balance on completion ,which i rejected. For example just ordered solar panels,total deposit zero on £7000 order
Poor online delivery process. Items did not get delivered on time and certain items went missing. Spent 2 days on the support chat trying to work out where my items were and nobody had a clue between several people. I had to keep repeating myself. Never once did I feel I was the customer that followed a process only to be let down. No urgency from anybody.
Asked what the price was for a basic kitchen with 6 cupboards (including fitting). From £6500, appliances not included. Wickes clearly did not want my custom. I'm now glad they do not have my £6500!
I have received multiple delivered orders from Wickes. Generally the quality of the products are quite good for the money. What is however very frustrating and something they need to fix is the fact that it is very rare for an order of multiple items to be delivered in one batch. My latest experience of this has put me off for good. A basic order of some items to build some garden fencing - started as two deliveries on the same day. OK. Then it became 4 deliveries on 3 different days. Then the 4th delivery never arrived. Still nothing after 3 interactions with customer services. Very poor and I can't start the work!
Ordered paint 3 x 10lt Firstly delivered short. The delivered and damaged. Then opened up 1 if the other boxes which was used to deliver paint and that one broken. Ask me to photograph which would have just shown a blue bag inside. However I did nit open these two up until after the 30 days but never the less still delivered busted. Nothing they would do. I will avoid wickes now at all costs The adviser dud say maybe the shouldn't deliver paint. So maybe this happens regularly. Although paint cheaper at wickes with the broken pot it makes it more expensive. Just another lost customer not that they care.
Design process worked well and the delivery happen on the second promised date. The delivery consisted of a million flat pack boxes and try as I might I could not work out if we had everything as boxes seem to have different codings to order? So when my out fitter arrived it took him a day to establish we were missing 3 of the 4 full height units. telephoned for these to be sent and arrange delivery arrived today but it was 2 wall units and 2 boxes of shelves for the full height units we don't have. 3 calls today, twice cut off and finally found someone who thinks that can solve the problem in 2 days time. meaning the kitchen fitter did 3 days workers and can do no more. Each time I call I speak to a different person and 2 out of 3 today told me the full height units come in small boxes, something my fitter says is nonsense and as we got one full hight unit I know the flat pack box was a tall one. Not a great story so far>>>> To be continued
had a new shower room fitted march 2020 rob was brilliant unfortunately he had to return as floor tile became loose, he did so & fixed the tile, now the tile is loose again, the grout is all cracked because of movement, i have contacted wickes on numerous occassions all i keep getting is rob will ring you, he has contacted me once to say he will be up, but never arrives now i have had enough & i have to pay someone else to relay the whole floor, i spent a lot of money with wickes i also bought a new kitchen, i am soory but i think the after service is attrotious & i will never purchase nor recomend them again l
Considered using for kitchen refurb - did not go through. With it. Very disappointed with customer service, home visit and quote. Found it to be an unprofessional and unhelpful experience
Have shopped in Wickes for many years but they've taken their eye off the ball. Experience in shop today where an item was marked one price and they tried to charge more. Then he couldn't leave till to check. All very last century. Will be shopping at Screwfix in future whenever possible.
I would like to know if anybody else has had problems with reliability of Wicks external light fittings. Fitted Floodlight with PIR 17 months ago but the LED light is no longer working. I have fitted several different types of PIR lights and found you would be lucky to get 2 years or more. I will no longer fit any more light fittings from Wicks.
We ordered 2 bathroom fits Jan 20. Delivery ready for fitting was end Jul 20, fitting from mid Aug 20. First issue the items delivered were not stored properly by the delivery men. A worktop warped and therefore was less than perfect when fitted. The next issue was that an additional charge was made by Wickes for fitting porcelain tiles. A duplicate charge was picked up on the fitters invoice which had to be challenged. Its now Nov 20 and one bathroom is still not completed awaiting missing cabinet shelves. In the other bathroom the fitted toilet overflows when filling.
I wanted a new fitted kitchen with some extra design features. The design consultant (Wickes Barking) visited to measure etc but it was all done very quickly. I had the feeling that once he knew I didn’t want the more expensive bespoke kitchen then they lost interest. There was no discussion about the different options eg worktops, flooring etc. He kept talking over the top of me basically saying ‘this is what you’ve got’. Instead of two deliveries it took five. We had to send stuff back twice because it arrived broken - not just damaged but eg a cupboard door fully snapped in two. Things were mismeasured or weren’t in stock when needed so we had to make modifications to the design when I went to pick stuff up from the store with my builder. Because the designer hadn’t spent time getting to know the kitchen, my builder also had to make further modifications on the job to avoid pipes/taps etc. The worktops I bought are good but needed joiners and because the space wasn’t measured accurately I had to have metal joins in the middle of my main worktop. Mistakes in measurement also meant I ended up with 7 pallets of flooring I didn’t need which needed to be collected and returned. The first attempt at pick up was by the rudest driver ever who, because I hadn’t left the pallets on the curb side, rang my door bell to tell me he wasn’t coming up to help and then drove off (no one had told me to leave it on the curb side and as I was on my own I couldn’t get the heavy pallets down two flights of stairs). It took two more goes before someone came to pick up. Customer service operators were always polite but said they couldn’t help because I’d bought in store and only the store could help. At the end of the day, the kitchen is fine (apart from the metal join in my worktop) but I wouldn’t use Wickes again.
Wickes is rated 1.5 based on 1,526 reviews