Wickes Reviews

of reviewers recommend Wickes
Read Wickes Reviews

About Wickes:

Wickes continues to be one of the major brands in the DIY and Home Improvement sector. We have a range of over 10,000 products (98% own brand), and are able to offer our customers everyday low prices by sourcing the best quality products at the lowest possible cost. Most of our products are available for next-day delivery, including big & bulky stuff. At Wickes you can discover a whole host of inspirational ideas for your Home and Garden, with some of our key products being doors, flooring, tiles, kitchens and gardens. Launched in 2006, the Wickes transactional website features product details covering the complete Wickes range. Our website is constantly being enhanced to help improve customer satisfaction, so why not be a part of that journey by helping customers find us.

0344 892 2721 (Ext. 6322)

National Customer Service Centre | Rhosili Road | Brackmills

Tell us how Wickes made you happy
Wickes 1 star review on 30th March 2022
Linda Herrington
Wickes 1 star review on 30th March 2022
Linda Herrington
Wickes 5 star review on 6th February 2022
How do they get away with the prices??! Ground hooks from Apollo: £4.99 for 6 in Wickes. Ground hooks from Apollo £4.99 for 20 in Screwfix. Weed membrane. £20 for 10m in Wicked. £24.99 for 50m in Srewfix. Joke!!
A friend asked me to look at this unit as he couldn't fathom it out. He had put it together as stated, but this unit is of such poor quality and to have a larder / oven housing made of such thin material (15mm) is very poor for the price (£95.) He couldn't return it as I suggested as he had scratched it badly. In the end I dismantled it and and purchased a thicker (18mm) board. I used the old unit sides as a template and surprise, surprise it was perfect. My advise is that if your going to have a kitchen of any type make sure you else where or at least go for 18mm minimum thickness for a more solid stable frame work
I really cannot believe that a 'national' DIY store can sell wood of such an appalling quality. Task 1 - find a piece of wood that is not warped? Task 2 - find a piece that is not so full of knots that is usable? Task 3 - not lose the will to live before you give up in despair, sorting through a load of fire wood before you kick yourself for not ordering the product from a proper wood yard (at less cost) - but then it was a Sunday and you wanted to get the job done for Monday!
Thanks for wasting my time---twice ( I run my own business and time is definitely money) .. Went to buy toilet and cistern - after showing customer your catalogue and taking them to local branch - they chose one off display and I took em home - when job was due to start I went down to fetch the gear required only to be told " we don't stock that one anymore" I pointed out it was on display in store and also in book but was informed it was no longer available and the display model ( complete with price ect) was also not for sale ??? Back to square one with customer and half day wasted ! A month later took another customer to pick some new Taps for suite I'd purchased ( very nice display by the way ) all looked so good it took ages for them to choose - and yes you've guessed it ...."end of line ! We don't sell them anymore " !! And just to really take the Micky the toilet was still on display Just a suggestion but if you want to sell items from your very professionally displayed stores, it could well be a good marketing policy to actually keep the displays up to date with what you sell ! Thanks again for the wasted time - my customer eventually got her second choice on both items from b&q
very poor finishing, tiling also very poor
Now don't get me wrong, I like Wickes, but when it comes to delivery it lacks a hell of a lot, I ordered a larder unit 2 décor end panels of course the doors and a length of plinth,,,Now this is for a global company that I work for with loading bays ,and warehouse facilities etc., The driver(probably agency) decided to lean all the said items against a lamppost at the front of the building then walk maybe 8 mts to the intercom and tell our girl in the office, "Kerbside delivery" and then walk off,,,,And to top it all the plinth I ordered should've been 2.6mt long he didn't seem to think it looked good at that size and as it had been snapped into 1mt(ish) bite size pieces, Not all the drivers are like that , but this one ,,,,,Well!
I ordered 3 kitchen items for delivery to store in Hinckley to add to an existing installation... 2 doors and an oven housing. They initially arrived after 2 and a half weeks. But it took a further 4 weeks before all issues were resolved. One of the doors was replaced 4 times. Oven housing replaced once. Oven filler panel replaced twice.. Every time due to damage from manufacturer or courier. Customer service was OK... But the quality of product is very very poor. Was promised a call from store manager today but not received...
Wickes is rated 1.53 based on 1,450 reviews