WPMU DEV Reviews

Read WPMU DEV Reviews

contact@wpmudev.com

Birmingham, Alabama,,

Tell us how WPMU DEV made you happy
Despite their misleading advertisements, the do not offer unlimited sites for a flat fee like many competitors. Furthermore, they were unable to install the proper SSL certificates or be able to transfer subdomains. It took over 4 hours to get a response to a critical issue. I strongly advise against using WPMUDEV for hosting multiple sites.
Well, i have been using WPMUDEV's plugins for some time, but there came a time when i didn't need them anymore ( wasnt using them like i thought i would ). So i went and deleted this Pro Sites plugin, but there was the problem the upload quota was still there! Thanks to Andri Koolme ( best surname ever! ) from sales who made it happen i got in touch with tech support to help with this issue and Patrick Cohen from the tech support who helped solve the problem! really awesome they helped me even after i stopped being a member, awesome support guys!
Thanks so much for taking the time to review our services, Jeffrey!
Zafer helpt me brilliantly
We're thrilled to hear one of our support experts was of great assistance, and appreciate the recommendation!
Do not deserve anything, the support team is very helpful, but the plugins is waste time and energy, and the results is not perfect as should be, one more thing if you are not developer you need to hire a developer to solve most of your issue LOL
the wpmu dev team is awesome. Rupok C and the others really care about getting up and running without any issues. And if problems should occur, they put on their cape and swoops in to save the day... awesome awesome work at wpmu dev even at mid night.
Woot, thanks for the kind words and excellent rating!
Signed up to WPMU DEV on a 30-day trial as I wanted to test out their Smushit app to crunch photo sizes. I received lots of email communication throughout the trial from them. However, this wasn't the right product for me and I didn't want to continue - admittedly I should have proactively canceled the trial but they sent me a message telling me my card hadn't processed and that I would either need to "update my card details or click a link to reactivate the account" to continue using their services. Using the word "reactivate" would imply my account was no longer active right? This combined with complete silence from that day forward led me to believe my account was now closed. What actually happened was they attempted again to take payment the next day and this time succeeded - however this time, (surprise, surprise) no email confirmation was sent. I was never sent a follow-up email to tell me that my account had been reactivated. What company has a policy to send customers lots of email communications and then fall into complete silence and go underground once they start taking payments? What company has a policy to tell a customer when payments have failed but not when payments have gone through and to alert them they are now paying for an upgraded plan? A dishonest one in my opinion. A company with a business model that relies on people inadvertently signing up and not going through proper procedures of canceling. Whilst the onus was on me to go through the proper procedure, their misleading wording and underhand tactics have resulted in me losing hundreds and hundreds of dollars as it was some time before I noticed the money going out of my account. In my opinion, WPMU DEV does not put customers first and does not act with transparency and honesty. They have not apologised or accepted that there is a problem with their poor communications to new customers. I would avoid at all costs. Very shady.
terrible! - Hummingbird kept messing up my site. Incompetent tech support agents wasted hours of my time getting nothing done - or messing things up further. Complete disaster - do NOT use Hummingbird, it'll be a constant nightmare. Site worked better with WP Rocket - and far less set up required. At no time, did WP Rocket mess up my site features, so I eventually switched back.
We're really sorry to hear that you feel this way, but perhaps there has been a misunderstanding here? Our support staff even did an Asset Optimization on your behalf which goes outside of their support scope. The performance scores after you switched back to WP Rocket were worse (and still are) compared to Hummingbird. Our staff provided you with more details on that too. In any case, if you ever change your mind, we would be more than happy to help you optimize your website once more. Thank you.
Very bad support! I've been writing since more than a week and got no replies. Also, I've been charged for subscription although I was trying the pro version - that's why I had to add my visa information- and on the same day, I found that I don't need the plugin anymore so I deleted the plugin! then after a couple of days, I found a status from my bank says I was charged for 49$ !! No emails to remind me before and I didn't use the plugin for a single day! No replies from support since then... worst experience ever.
Hey there. Really sorry you feel this way, though our staff already explained everything in details via email. You also had a second account in the past for another free trial, which is forbidden. In any case, our Account Manager already followed up to you and sorted that out for you. Take care!
At this point WPMU Dev does not have the best Wordpress hosting. In truth it's okay but not even nearing great let alone the best. A few things you should know: 1. Hard limits on disk space with no flexibility and no ability to add storage without upgrading and considering they use Digital Ocean and we all know how flexible and inexpensive DO storage is this is unacceptable. This is my number one reason why they are nowhere near a small business class host. 2. The support you'll receive is hit or miss. Of the most recent tickets I've had two were handled fairly well while the last two were abysmal failures and I had to seek help at my other host who handled it very quickly. 3. Do not switch all your hosting to WPMU Dev. Don't put all your eggs in their basket just yet. Maybe in a year or so when they get a few issues handled and hire far more knowledgeable support techs but right now avoid giving their hosting 100% of your sites. 4. Their plugins are generally pretty good but they're starting to open up premium versions of plugins to be freeware via wordpress.org and each time they do this they're essentially removing value from the $50 I pay a month (and I'm certainly not paying that for their hosting). 5. The Hub - it's okay. It's not great but it's easy to use and that's helpful. It's fairly limited in comparison to most other hosts. 6. I like the CEO and I think he's a cool guy with good intentions but I have noticed he has a tendency to promise things that they aren't offering or seem to be close to offering. He stated that their hosting service has free SSL certs - no they don't. Allegedly they will at some point in the future but not now. 7. You'll receive three $10 bronze plans and although their site also states that you'll receive $30 in hosting credits DO NOT try to use those hosting credits for the $25 hosting plan. And when you need more than 10 GB of disk space you'll have to upgrade and pay $15 extra a month just to receive an additional 5 GB so the math doesn't work on that at all.
Hey there, Thanks for your candid feedback. 1. We have created hosting plans with different tiers of technical aspects. Our lowest plan (Bronze) includes 10GB of SSD Storage. This is more than enough for the majority of "small-sized" websites too. Next tier, which is our Silver one includes 15GB of storage, twice the ram, and twice the CPUs Of course, we do understand how flexible it would be to upgrade different aspects selectively, and something we will consider for the future. 2. We weren't able to locate any accounts with your current information. If you could please email us at contact@wpmudev.org and provide more information on the tickets you're referring to, we'd be more than happy to investigate further. 3. True, our hosting is still in Beta to some extend, but the features and implementations we've done in such a short period of time say otherwise. We have many members that transferred all of their websites too. Also, you seem to be overly dissatisfied with our support, which is concerning on its own. Reviews that members leave on a daily basis also show otherwise, so if you could please reach out to us so we can better understand what you're referring to, we'd be more than happy to discuss this further and understand your feedback here. 4. While we understand your point of view, it doesn't reduce any value from the membership by us contributing to the WordPress community. The membership itself is a complete package, not just a "set of WP plugins". We have invested a lot in improving our products and services overall, and those contributions also play their part in allowing us to continue doing so as we get more valuable feedback from other users as well. Also, we do plan on bringing more premium features to our products down the line, so again, there isn't any actual decrease in the value, on the contrary. 5. Hub 2.0 is completely different from our old Hub, and once more, new features and implementations are piped up for release. 6. We do offer free SSL certificates. Perhaps you are referring to specific Multisite structures, with subdomains? If that's the case, then yes, this is the only limitation at the moment as mentioned in our documentation. However, we're already working on a solution for that too. 7. You don't receive three $10 Bronze sites. As part of your membership, you get $30 Free hosting credits that you can spend as you wish. So you could even create a Gold plan, and instead of paying $50, it would drop down to $20. As for storage upgrades, as previously mentioned, this isn't possible at the moment but something we may consider for the future. We do agree that it would be neat to have! Thank you once more for your candid feedback, and do reach out to us so we can discuss this further. Take care.
Their support is second to none, and great value!
Thank you very much for your kind words and rating!
They have excellent and fast customer support!
Thanks so much for your feedback and rating!
Really great tech support. I found the team available and skilled with Multisite. It's a great platform but more complex than WP, so it's great to have a strong tech support team behind me. Thanks for the awesome help.
That's really great to hear, Wayne! Thanks for the review.
Kris was amazing! He went above and beyond to help, was incredibly patient and knowledgeable and facilitated the process of migrating my site and even optimizing it for speed using Hummingbird to help me achieve a score of 96 off the bat :) Here's looking forward to working with WPMU Dev long term. Sincerely, Graham
That's awesome, Graham! Thanks so much for reviewing our services with 5 stars.
Gonzalo helped me with what ended up being a file-naming issue. It's support staff like Gonzalo that make your service SO worth it. MUCH appreciated.
Hey Gunderstorm, - We are happy to hear you are enjoying your experience with WPMU DEV. Thank you for the kind feedback and for being a part of our community! - Ryan
This is gonna come across as not genuine, but however, believe it or not, moving from GoDaddy hosting to WPMU DEV hosting has actually fixed every single issue I was facing. Plus, I know support actually know what they are doing in times of need. I have had so many issues pop up with GoDaddy, and their help would break everything. At least I'm in good hands now! Only gripe was my 7 day trial form freelancer didn't apply or bugged out, but I'm not too fussed to be honest, at least it's paid for. Thanks guys, this must be the third or fourth platform I'm writing a review on 🤣
Hey Shelton Thank you so much for your kind words, we are thrilled you see value in our hosting and ultimately this decision was right for you as your problems seem to be solved. We sincerely appreciate you taking the effort to share your experience with us, we will continue to be available at all hours to solve your queries, and also grateful to have you as an integral part of our WordPress family. We count ourselves extremely lucky to be able to serve your needs. Kindly,
Worst hosting experience ever Absolutely shocking support experience, site was down for 10 hours and now content and functionality does not work as before We ran a campaign and had high traffic reached 150K people over facebook with the expectation of getting about 10% onto our website. As soon as we hit 30 concurrent users on our gold plan the website went down and I contacted their support. The support agent on the chat had no idea and needed to contact the "hosting team". No direct comms. They asked to deactivate all plugins, which is of course useless and so I agreed to deactivate the main 5. The chat was inactive for 5 mins as the support agent instructed us to wait and got automatically closed. Got onto another chat - only response that they are still working on it and to get off the chat. 4 hours later still nothing so follow up again - turns out they stopped working on it after I left the chat and did not even bother to reactivate the plugins. We lost thousands of customers today because of unprofessional support and totally letting us hang. Worst of all, when the site did come up after over 8 hours, we are now missing content, having css/ theme issues and the website has some major flaws which were not there this morning before they "helped" us. Can't even explain what the issue was and their advice now is to get our developer to reconfigure all our plugins?! Don't build your business on their hosting absolutely hopeless and you are left to clean the mess.
Very nice, helped my situation on the first go and we're good.
We're glad to hear that, Danielle, and thanks for taking the time to review our support.
WPMUDEV is the most amazing plugin suite for WordPress!
Woot, thanks for the kind words and rating our plugins excellent, Matteo!
THE BEST, SIMPLY THE BEST WordPress service available. WPMU DEV is simply the best service I have ever used. No matter what happens with your WordPress site they are there to help. Using their plugin- which are excellent- mean if there is a problem they are there to solve it immediately. They even find solution when there are conflicts with a themes and their plugins. The services of the Hub dashboard makes managing multiple sites or a single site a breeze. The customer service by chat is the absolute best - fast, efficient, professional, and knowledgeable! This is one service to make sure that you have- there is none better!
Thank you so much for your feedback and 5 stars, Jeffrey! Your amazingly detailed review made our day 😊
Customer support is the best thing about this company. I want to thank Zafer personally, he is the best; very efficient, friendly support. Would give 5 stars but is expensive.
Thanks so much for the review, Josh!
WPMU DEV is rated 4.93 based on 1,587 reviews