Argos Reviews

Argos have a Customer Happiness Grade of C-. Customers love their prices but are unhappy with their returns process and refunds. Full Insights

52% of reviewers recommend Argos

Category:
Business & Office

Telephone, Email, Live Chat
Under an hour

How would you rate Argos ?

"I purchased two items of gym equipment. The first a barbell set. When I was going the through the purchase process, I was able to pick my delivery slot. I chose 19:00-22:00 on a Friday as a knew I would definitely be at home. I received a text for the other item asking me to ring an 0800 number which I did. The chap told me I had to commit to an 07:00-19:00 slot and then the couriers would send me a 4 hour slot which could be anytime. I said this isn't convenient because I am out on school run twice a day and also work shifts so I either need a 4 hour window in advance. He said this wasn't possible. I asked if when I receive a 4 hour slot whether I can change it, he said no your order will be cancelled. I asked if I risk doing a school run during the 4 hour slot what would happened. I was told my item would be returned and my order cancelled. There was absolutely no flexibility at all with the delivery so I cancelled the order and will take my business elsewhere as obviously Argos don't want it."
Posted 1 hour ago
"As I write this, I’m sitting at my home waiting for an Argos delivery, I was doing the same all day yesterday. Yesterday, after contacting the driver on the phone he stated that he had just finished his break and he was 8 minutes away. After 10 minutes I rang again and was told by the driver that he could not find the address and was now out of delivery time and he would be returing to the distribution centre. the phone then cut off and I could not get back in touch, the phone just rang out. After contacting Argos I was told that my goods would be delivered between 07.00 and 11.00 the following day (today) - Unfortunatelly I can't report that Argos have even made moderate progress in delivery management It is now 11.00 and no sign of my goods. My Partner rang the driver and was told that they are running late. I have no doubt that Argos considerations are now that I am just just another nuisance complainant !!!"
"I collected my vacuum from a distant store,only to find on opening the box, ready to vacuum my new home,the attachments were missing.After 3 phone attempts I finally spoke to a patronising guy,who did not understand my issue,complaint or the distance involved in returning the complete boxed vacuum.My local Argos is only 2 miles from where I live in Aberystwyth. In sheer desperation I decided to visit the Newtown branch where I purchased the product. Gaz swiftly understood the problem,double checked the box again,no attachments,however the product instructions/contents did not list them? They were clearly displayed on the Argos website product photo,and the manager verified this,and phoned Vax, who confirmed attachments were not supplied on this model,and it was the incorrect picture! It was only because the manager exceeded my expectations in resolving this issue,that I decided not to contact trading standards or Argos for misrepresantion.Thanks again Gaz."
"I think you are making a big mistake running your business since the takeover. One of the main assets of Argos and partly why it survived the resession was that you could find what you wanted and go to the store and pick it up.But now you are making customers go to an Argos site in a Sainsbury store and wait. This defeats what was your greatest asset. Now you might as well go to Amazon for your needs and get what you need at roughly the same time (slightly cheaper) A real shame and a big mistake. Once you close these Argos stores you will loose most of you business!!!"
"This is the third issue Iv had with ordering with Argos, my products show as delivered however they have not been, once again I have wasted the night sitting in. Iv to call tomorrow and rearrange delivery. Why offer a delivery slot if they can’t be bothered to deliver. It’s so frustrating."
"Disgusting customer service by "Faizal" Manager at Argos Hounslow. I went to collect my v expensive computer item, which he slammed down hard on the counter and was extremely rude to me throughout my visit. He is in the wrong job. Nasty individual. If you want BAD CUSTOMER SERVICE, visit this store. I pity the staff that work with him and his bad attitude."
"I think it is a good shop. Can get almost everything you want."
"Every time I order online and collect at Bridgemead Swindon my item isn’t there. Even after numerous texts and emails telling me it is. Whilst there another customer was having the same problem. But what really is unacceptable when you try and write a negative review on the Argos website that THEY have requested me to do, they won’t print it."
"Terrible. Quick enough to sell you something but if that item is not fit for purpose, ie doesn't work properly and this is over 30 days, tough on you. You have to pay for someone else to fix it. Esp white goods. So in effect you pay twice."
"Went to dudley argos today and accused of using a product, manager Sarah was so rude and abrupt couldn’t believe her attitude and wouldn’t even let you talk shouldn’t be a manager and at one point thought it was amusing so filed a complaint, no wonder as a company sales are down she clearly didn’t want to be there and certainly shouldn’t be. One of the worst argos i have visted"
"After purchasing Chester drawer set the 4 drawer was damaged,but it was your customer service after care that was appalling!! Spoke to 2 advisors and the Ryan the supervisor and still not helpful, was told that drawers set was out of stock, Checked website after these phone calls and discovered 4 drawer was available on its own,so another phone call later to a nicer customer advisor is now been replaced, sorry Argos won't be shopping with you again, and your customer service team need to realise that all customers are important and we are the ones who keep them in a job!! Better manners and enthusiasm is needed."
"I got excellent customer service from Marry, she is working at Hounslow argos store. Hard and polite worker! 5 stars just for her :)"
"Absolutely disgusting table n chairs 219.99 now because there on with an offer you have put them up to 249.99👎👎"
"I travelled 54 miles to buy a tv from Argos, there were no cables in the box so i rang customer services. That was a waste of a phone call! Good customer service would have been to source either a replacement tv or the canles and get them to me. All Argos could say was take the tv back and have a refund, they didnt even try to sort it out even though they had sold me a product that had parts missing. This is'nt the first time i have had problems with Argos, their customer service is non-existant. Without doubt Argos will be one of the next big chain stores to go down the pan, pathetic service and i'll never shop there again because quite simply they are'nt worth the effort."
"I got excellent customer service from your manager at your Seaham branch he was patient help full and helped find what l was looking for he his an asset to the company and especially leading by example to the rest of the staff his name is Stuart,l was so pleased with the excellent treatment l have been back for more goods"
"I ordered a printer on the 23rd September to be delivered on the morning of the 24th. then, the order was rescheduled for delivery to be delivered on the evening of the 24th. The delivery was then rescheduled for the morning of the 25th. Mid afternoon on the 25th, i phoned Argos to find out where my printer was. Argos then told me that it should be with me soon, and as i was on the phone, they had a notification through saying that it had been delivered. I live in student accommodation, and the item had not been delivered. The accommodation staff are very efficient with parcels, and there was absolutely no record of it. I then phoned Argos again, where i was told they were extremely sorry, and that another printer would be with me in the next couple of days. This afternoon, i received a text message telling me that the printer i ordered is now out of stock, and they would not be able to deliver my item. This is really not good enough. i was supposed to have a printer with me two days ago now. Instead, i have to wait 5 days for my refund just to go and buy another printer. They should not be selling printers that are out of stock, and i highly doubt that a printer was ever delivered in the first place. I would urge any student to look elsewhere when buying, because this very unreliable service is not acceptable."
"We bought a pair of skates for my daughters birthday she tryed them on outside with them been outside use they was a size 1 but even adjusted was very uncomfortable for her and dangerous for outside use with the wheels been plastic was a accident waiting to happen Argos refused to exchange or refund them as they had been tryed on against there policy our argument was how do you not know how comfortable these skates are until my daughter tryed them on they was very rude to us and we felt as though once Argos took our money they didn't care about how we was left with a birthday present unusable we will not be buying from them ever again spent hundreds of pounds with them over the years and that's how they treated us warning becarefull dealing with Argos as they don't care about there customers just there money."
"On 12 Sept I ordered a mobile phone online for £269.95 and marked as delivery within 5 days. It's now 25 Sept and after 3 online chat sessions I've been told that the courier ( UK Mail )have lost the parcel and that this will take weeks to investigate before I can get a refund. I have tried to point out that delivery is their responsibility but they say there's nothing they can do. I have tried to complain through the ombudsman but Argos are not a member of the ombudsman service and they don't have a complaints dept. Following the advice of Citizens Advice I have to right to their Head Office giving 2 weeks to put it right or give me a full refund."
"Poor quality argos brand fridges broke down 3 times in one year!"
Argos is rated 3.10 based on 2,268 reviews