Argos Reviews

Returns Process
Could Be Better
Read Argos Reviews

info@argos.co.uk

Tell us how Argos made you happy
Argos 5 star review on 6th December 2017
Tracy turner (Bentilee)
Argos 1 star review on 19th June 2018
Laura
Argos 1 star review on 12th June 2018
Ashley
Argos 1 star review on 30th April 2018
Here is an e-mail I sent to ARGOS on the 12/01/21, I have since had a phone call offering me a £20 token, which I refused, absolutely shocking service.

Last week I ordered and paid for a Bosch upright Fridge Freezer order number 241072971 from your company, at a cost with removal of my old appliance of £469.48.

This morning the item arrived, it was brought to the back door where it would not, with the packaging on, fit through the door it is as you will understand a very large item in its packaging.

Your delivery men had already refused to unpack or take the packing away with them due to the fear of being struck down with Covid 19.

As the item would not go the door, I was told they could leave it in the garden and I could unpack it and carry the Fridge Freezer, it had taken two men to get where it was, into the kitchen.

I am 67 years old with Sciatica and Arthritis and my wife is 72 just had a heart attack and is disabled, it was also minus 1% with a very cold wind.

I was therefore left with no alternative but to refuse delivery, I had already with huge effort put the old fridge outside for them.

This epidemic has been the excuse for bad behaviour and poor customer service by many organizations which now include ARGOS, the refusal of your Delivery men to unpack and bring into my house this item is inexcusable.

I have since they went away looked at the possible transmission of the Covid 19 virus, and there is not one case of anyone recorded as catching it from packaging, which I must point out they had already been in contact with by unloading it and bringing it to my door and subsequently taking back and loading on the truck.

I have ordered the same item from CURRY’s who WILL unpack it and install it AND take the packaging away.

While I understand the need to protect people from Covid 19, this carry on today was going from the sublime to the ridiculous, and the apparent terror of some carboard and polystyrene displayed by your employees left me speechless.

Let me assure you of one thing I will never ever buy another product from ARGOS.
So appalled by the service. I ordered a bed and the delivery was delayed 3 times. Not only did they delay but instead of ringing to tell you, they email you and ask to call them and put you on hold for 20 minutes - so you have to pay and waste time to be disappointed by the company. They finally got in touch to tell me that the item is not in stock. Firstly, it seems ridiculous to me that they would display an item on their website if it is not in stock? Secondly, why book a new date if you still haven't got the item in? I've had to order a new bed from another company and delivery is 3 weeks which is the amount of time Argos have wasted for me and left me sleeping on a floor. Really disappointed and unimpressed and advise anyone against using them
Trustpilot reviews
Help

1 star: Bad
Just now
Awful company
I bought a bookcase which came in a 2 part flat pack. When it arrived on 20th December it was 2 different colours. It was meant to be white as shown on the website. Phoned customer service and went on live chat. New part to be delivered 24th December The courier arrived with part....wrong part again!. Phoned again, correct part to be delivered 3rd January. Duly delivered.....wrong part again. I have now requested a refund 4 times through phone calls and live chat. Customer service advised me 4 times they would pass this on to the help desk who would call me within the next 48 hours....still waiting😡
Argos now have the bookcase returned to them and my £165.
Hopefully someone with a bit of clout from Argos will read this and have the decency to contact me and refund my hard earned cash.
One star given as zero stars not available
Absolutely amazing delivery drivers. Prompt polite and friendly nothing to much trouble for these two men who delivered my new fridge this morning
Thankyou guys for all your help😊and argos you have 2 amazing employees so look after them.
I would never ever shop from Argos because they thieves and doggy in all different ways. It’s disgusting for big company like Argos not delivering my item but instead took my money. I ordered my first laptop for my daughter but never received it, to claim my money back I have to wait 14 days to do so. Argos told me my item has been delivered but the question is where was my order delivered to And was the delivery man blind for him to take my order to the wrong address stupid and disgusting nasty customer services.
Bough helium tank for fill ballons, didn't check straight away, and sadly find out just before preparation of birthday, that tank is empty......very sad.
I bought a Hitchi Television, no problem until I came to install it. It would not connect with Sky. Took it back for a refund and they would not accept it as the box had been opened. How the hell are you supposed to install a television without opening the box. The moronic staff at Carlisle were totally unhelpful and vertually accused me of being a liar. I will never purchase from this company again and hope that they cease trading as soon as possible. If I could give a negative star score I would, their customer service is deplorably bad, their most helpful reply was "that's your problem".
Bought a iPhone and it gave me error at checkout although money left my bank. Contacted them they said there's no record of order and money will return within 3-5 days. Don't order from these money hungry animals. Seems like this is a common problem for a while yet they haven't fixed it. Imbeciles
Argos put on a public face of caring but this just put on to get you to purchase if anything goes wrong this is the truth abnout the company.4 months ago we bought a matrress from yourselves on day was supposed to be sent we disposed of the one we had because we had a call from driver saying they would be with us within an hour ,in that call i told him we had to distance ourselves from him because we were SHIELDING (we are shielding because both of us have ms and are highly vunlerable)he said fine.2 hours later the mattress was not delivered so i rang to be told the order had been cancelled,i said what you on about?the replied the driver had cancelled it as he was frightened we had covid ,the MORON did not know difference between shielding and self isolation.THE JOKINGLY CUSTOMER CARE DEPARTMENT said it had returned to depot so i asked could it be redelivered as it was their companys fault they astounded me by saying no it would have to be sent back to stock and would take about a week to redeliver.they expected us to sleep on floor for week 2 disabled people.with all their 1000s of vans did not have the technology or sense to do this we cancelled and got a professional company to deliver one for us NEXT DAY.I vowed never to buy another thing from argos cowboys however both of us did have laptops from argos we had both paid £94.99 for 2yrs breakdown care on them on 21/12 i spilled a drink on mine and it stopped working,i phoned domestic and general like book says to be told i did not have a policy? lucy did and we also had several other items registered with them but not my laptop,they told me to talk to argos customer care i phoned they could see the receipt but not the laptop it was protecting and because it was bought instore i would have to contact them,so i did they said they could not understand why the insurance company did not have it(turned out wrong address was registered by them for my laptop) so they told me to phone insurance company and ask them to ring store so i did.the insurance companty said they would not ring the store,so i rang argos at LONG EATON AGAIN they said i would have to come instore i had explained i was SHIELDING and had been since february 2 weeks before official lockdown and apart from hospital visits had not been out,but was told only way to sort and as my laptop is my main way of staying sane i reluctantly agree.i got to store saw manager and after some toing and throwing from them and insurance company the manager agreed with them and said my laptop would be picked up on 25th to be sent for repair i laughed and said they not gonna pick up chrismas day but argos manager was adamant that was case ,few hours later got phone call from repair company saying they did not work christmas day (surprise surprise but argos are masters of miss information and lies) but they did pick up on 27th told me when was going to be inspected on 4th jan got a message saying was going to be repaired by 19th jan.then tues 5th got an email from argos saying my laptop could not be fixed and here was a egift voucher for the £400.and its really easy just go and pick your item and pay for it.so i went online but they do not have a single 17 inch laptop for sale(i need larger screen as my eyes not that good)either for delivery or collection apart from 1 75 miles away from my home.so i rang customer services,spoke to young lady who said her company does not have the ability to transfer a laptop 75 miles to my local store or deliver it to home (i suppose it does take an eliment of effort and caring to exicute)but she said she would pass over to payments team and sure although she could not guarentee due to surcumstances they would issue as cash,the team would contact me within 48 hours to discuss.i would say argos could not lie straight in bed but to do that you would actualy have to deliver bed to do that.after no phonecall i rang customer service and spoke to ollie who in fairness within his scope was most helpful,i explained this all to him again he contacted his customer resolutions department (change your name to fo we dont care)who informed him it was in small print if could not repair item they would issue e vouchers to be spent at argos (this would be fine if you had suitible laptop for me to spend money on)im sure argos if any senior member of argos read this they will think their reputation has been enhanced by their actions and even if they feel need to take this down can read on all other platforms im about to put this on.the order number listed is for 2year agreement not my laptop or previous bed order but im sure if argos do reply to this will be with pretence of going to sort out ive spent hours of stress trying to get them to show some responsability
I ordered something from Argos and it never arrived. I had to chase them over the online chat and phone to rebook the delivery 3 times and I waited for 12 days... they didn't give me any reason or excuse as to why they didn't deliver it. In the end I had to cancel and get my £200 refunded...even that was a proving to be a problem. Awful experience.. I will never want to deal with Argos again.
I purchased a product from Argos a joie pushchair which includes a baby car seat from city centre whilst waiting outside in a que on a cold day as Argos won’t allow you to enter. After collecting it I returned home where I began assembling, although it might look nice but I was shocked to see how Argos can sell such an awful product espeacially for a newborn baby. There is absolutely no cushioning for the baby it’s so hard it’s unbelievable. Really disappointed and to top this off you have to return it to a Sainsbury’s store with an Argos which is more of an inconvenience by this policy
I'm trying to buy a product from you online but when i go to checkout the trolly keeps emptying on it's own. I'm assuming Argos must have shut down as no answer on here, twitter or online chat. Rubbish
Refuse to deliver because of the steep road have to wait a further two days for a delivery in a smaller size van. Wagons go up and down every day of the week. Very poor the customer service did all they could this driver not for moving, this will be the last thing we buy from Argos.
Placed order for delivery. Waited in all day and it did not arrive. Messaged argos without a response. Happy to take your money but speak with you
returns
I purchased a dash cam and when trying to set it up I found that it was faulty (annoying but these things happen) I went online for help and was told on the chat line that it was the manufacturers responsibility for the warranty and not argos, I then rang the helpline for my local branch (drakehouse sheffield) to listen to the same thing on a recording, the next morning I went to the above branch ready for an argument and the lady that dealt with me was very helpful and offered me a full refund or replacement I chose to replace the item
the moral to this sad affair is do not contact anyone just turn up to the branch and save yourself some hassle
A day ago

Not fit for sale poor service

I would also like to give argos minus stars..
Bought 2 sofas 6 months ago delivery 2 attempts terrible service
Reported that one of them had dipped so they sent an engineer out got the report this morning saying I'd been sat in the same spot to long called argos to be told that it wasn't a manufacturing fault and said if I wasnt happy I can pay for my own independent engineer
If the sofa was 10 year old I'd say I'd got my money's worth but 6 month old it's a sofa your supposed to sit on it if it's not a manufacturing fault then it's a quality issue and it's now discontinued wonder why..it's like buying a car and not been allowed to drive it
Won't let this drop asked them to send me the engineer report and a transcript of the call they had just recorded..I'll be going to trading standards and citizens advise...they think there untouchable with being a large company..won't be for much longer the way they they deal with customers issues and there minus stars for service very poor
Tier 4 refund policy forces you to buy items without seeing them but you can only return them to "argos in sainsburys" stores which are miles away - clearly no one will tell you this beforehand and not one single email is available to raise a complaint. I am never buying one single item from them again.
Argos supposed to deliver my tablet on 26th of December between 7pm-11pm I received text that my order is on the way about 9am I tracked and it says “we wasn’t able to deliver your order today “ i called to customer service and was told the van broke down I arranged for next day 7-11again as only one option was available. Next day received email my order is on the way 8.45pm I tracked and it says your order was delivered but I haven’t received anything now have to do a complaint
Our Bush TV screen went blank over a week ago now. The TV was only 4 months old, returned to the store only to be told to take it home and set it back up and call customer support, which by the way we're excellent. The technician did a few tests and decided it couldn't be repaired, I had to download some photos and send to prove basically it wasn't damaged, at this point I thought I'd be able to take the TV into store and swap it for a replacement TV, but no we are now waiting for a third party to collect our broken TV and deliver a new one. Why have Argos gone down this route, ok it's not the end of the world, but come on, leaving a family with no TV over Christmas through no fault of their own is not in my opinion very good customer service. Extremely disappointed. We work for the NHS and have not had any leave since March, with the first Christmas off in 5 years! Thanks Argos. 😣
They make it extremely difficult to do a returns. Can only make a return to select stores during lockdown (Argos concession stores inside Sainsbury’s but not Argos collection points inside a Sainsbury’s and no direct Argos stores either). This is not made clear on the website and customer service is awful and untrained in this.

Called CS just before heading out to make sure I can return at the nearest store, was told yes and called the Sainsbury’s ahead of time to confirm and they said no. Called again and they recommended a different Argos/Sainsbury’s collection point 30mins walk away. Got there and can’t do the return as it’s not a concession store. Another lady there has the same problem as me. Ended up having to walk all the way back home and then 30mins in the opposite direction to get to a correct store for refunds as customer service desk have no clue 😂🤣😂 never buy anything from Argos again, sticking to Amazon prime.
Argos is rated 2.81 based on 3,566 reviews