Argos Reviews

Returns Process
Could Be Better
Read Argos Reviews

info@argos.co.uk

Tell us how Argos made you happy
Argos 5 star review on 6th December 2017
Tracy Turner (Bentilee)
Argos 1 star review on 19th June 2018
Laura
Argos 1 star review on 12th June 2018
Ashley
Argos 1 star review on 30th April 2018
Not to my knowledge Henry is brilliant but Argos are rubbish won't be bothering again I wanted a washing machine for dad it was supposed to be sent on 23rd November and guess what it still coming I ended up crying on the phone next day was told we lost your machine so I got a refund and refused to buy anything else from them
Called up twice to sort a new fridge freezer that's not working, got asked to call back when with it. Called back 45 minutes later put through to 3 different departments got cut off. Its not even 6 months old and I'm being told they will try and repair, no sorry its brand new I want one that works not repairing a broken one. Looks like I'll have to call back and wait another 45mins. Poor poor customer service.
I order online as on Sun 28 November 2021 for ''Seagate Expansion Plus 2TB Portable Hard Drive'' and the amount is £56.99. My order number is 6553837975. I choose to collect it from ''Bethnal Green Sainsburys Local Collect, 291 Cambridge Heath Road, London E2 0EL. Yesterday (30/11/2021) I went to that store to collect my delivery. I was shocked and I found that Argos sent me a Cooker instead of my Seagate Expansion plus Hard Drive. I denied to collect it and ask for a refund. In my entire life, this is the first time I got this kind of bad experience. This hard drive was needed very urgently, but Argos customer service gave me an unexpected surprise. PC World is near to me, but I thought I will get good service and product from Argos that's the reason I bought it from them. Now, I have lost my faith in Argos, if I order again they may send me again another product instead of my one. I think shopping from Argos means wasting valuable time and money.
Having purchased a dryer and agreed a delivery date, the item was not delivered. I spent a long time on the phone before I was able to speak to anyone and the first time the call was lost and no-one called me back so I had to start again. Argos says there was no answer at the door, but someone was in all day. I went on the chat the following day, provided x3 mobile phone numbers and was told that someone would call in the next few days to arrange redelivery. They did not. I chased up and was then told that the item was out of stock and they would only offer a refund. The item was shown on their website £25 more than the price I paid and unavailable. They could not explain where the dryer was that was apparently attempted to deliver and said they did not know when they would next be in stock. They would not let me speak to a manager and in fact told me that managers did not deal with complaints. Totally unacceptable and I will avoid buying anything from Argos. I told Argos that I would be posting a negative review where appropriate and they acted like they could not care either way. In addition, they tried to suggest I should email them, even though I told them that the email sent back an automatic reply saying that the email address was not being monitored.
I ordered my new cooker a week before delivery, I took a day off work to be in and on the day off delivery I get a message to say it's coming 2 days later , the problem is I don't get paid for being off work so will lose another days wages,they were happy to take my money when I ordered the cooker, Not a happy customer at all
Awful customer service yet again. I used to really rate argos but they have massively gone down hill. I have tried to place an order online today using the 20% toy discount which is advertised on all the products I have selected. When I have got to the checkout it has only taken the discount off one of the items. When I have questioned this with the online chat they have admitted they have made a mistake on the website and have wrongly advertised some items but are refusing honour the pricing on the website. I wonder how many people have purchased items using the code and not realised that argos have been false advertising.
Always find what I want at a reasonable price. Having an argos card really helps for the more expensive items also.
Argos allowing playstaion 5 to be added to the trolly then scamming people as the item is not avalible for collection or delivery
Order number 1563500421 Be careful ordering Jewelry Bought a Necklace (as a Christmas gift for my daughter) which was pictured in a posh Jewelry case. In the description, it said comes with a Jewelry case. It came in a cheap tacky bag. I started a chatbox, and the agent told me that was only subject to availability - (which was not in the description). I was told it would have to be returned to a store that is miles away, and I have now got to make time for + pay for train fares. There was no option of courier vouchers like some other online places do Just awful. We have 2 other necklaces coming, and now fear they won't be in boxes either. Isn't this misleading advertising, as the description should say (subject to availability) ? Even then, I could be misled. The photos of advertised product and received product are below
The site won't let me order an item. Just keeps saying refresh, it literally won't let me collect or have item delivered. So going to Amazon.
I wanted to take the time to personally thank Nathan & Amanda at the Tunbridge Wells Sainsbury’s branch. I went in to use some vouchers, it was a tricky & lengthy task (due to the vouchers) & they were absolutely brilliant. They were helpful, patient, empathetic & professional. Thank you!
Ordered and paid for a tumble drier. Fist delivery date was a week away. The day came and I received an email telling me it would be delivered between 14:00 and 16:00. I waited until 16:00 and nothing came. Waited until 19:30 and then managed to get to speak to someone instead of their "live chat". He jus told me that there had been an update earlier in the day saying that this would not be delivered. Nothing about wheen it would be delive I didn`t receive any update. Nothing about when it would be delivered. I cancelled and bought from AO where I should have gone in the 1st place. Rubbish customer service Argos. Will never come to you again for online purchases!
Ordered a item in the morning and picked it up in the afternoon
Letter to Argos Customer Service Dear Sir/Madam, I am wondering if you can help me. The day before yesterday I purchased a rucksack from one of your stores. I asked if I could see it properly and the lady said no because it's in a bag. I pointed out to the staff that whilst I could see the height of the pack that I couldn't see how far back the rucksack opened because it was flat packed and when I received no response I said "well hopefully it should open out enough", as I assumed would need to check myself when I arrived home. I wasn't concerned because I knew Argos have a 30 day returns policy and have used Argos lots of times before and have on occasion had to return items. In order to examine the rucksack fully, I had to remove it from the bag, but it was sealed in such a way as not to be able to remove the sellotape without in some way damaging the bag .Having checked then the rucksack and seen that it was not as I had hoped, I went back to the store and explained what had happened. I was then told that because the bag was damaged that I would not be refunded. The manager suggested that had I cut the bottom of the bag then the item would have been re-saleable, but even in this instance, the bag could not have been resealed because the item was already tightly packaged and would have required the rucksack folded over inside the bag to reseal it. So I couldn't win either way. Please can you help. Regards *********** The response I received was, that it was not possible to overturn the decision of the store. Word if warning, if you are uncertain of a product and cannot be certain of not damaging the packaging then think twice. Argos returns policy states that ... "In line with our returns policy, your item(s) needs to be: • Unused and with all parts • In its original packaging (with the tags if applicable) • In a re-saleable condition" Note here that whilst initially Argos make a distinction between the 'item' and the 'packaging' as being two separate things, when reselling the packaging becomes part of the item. This is not immediately clear. Also, since it is was not possible to examine the item fully without removing it from the packaging and, since the item is packaged in such a way as to make it Impossible to remove the item without damaging the packaging, and since the customer here is the only party liable to be adversely affected in this situation, I feel that the customer should, in all fairness, be made aware verbally, upon purchase, that the item and the packaging are, in this instance, for the purposes of resale, to be regarded as one and the same thing and advised when packaging is designed in such a way that opening it is likely to compromise or prevent it's reuse. Furthermore I was also advised by customer services, having explained the situation, that it was perfectly acceptable to return the item for a refund. Fortunately I was close to the store, someone who makes a longer journey may well have a considerably more unfortunate outcome than I did.
I had a problem with a cordless mower,no joy from the manufacturer.Took it back to Argos in Ilford and the young woman there,Thamima recognised me from a previous visit and sorted it all out for me.Very professional,old school customer service.
Sony PS4 Controller Only lasts a few months despite item being under 12 months warranty and returned in its original packaging Argos refuse to exchange more than a few times and force my disabled son to use his extended warranty to get his replacement even though the item is returned in its packaging with purchase receipt and still within 12 months of purchase from date of exchange. THIS IS NOT ARGOS'S DECISION THEY SHOULD RETURN FAULTY GOODS BACK TO SONY.
Poor customer service experience, one star is a compliment to them and will not be ordering anything online with them ever again...After asking to speak to a manager I had the phone put down on me.
I have been waiting for a call back from customer service, I finally got a call back from you, but I was not given any different choices, basically I got told the same even though it was a higher ranking manager, I was offered a collection and refund and no replacement, and i agreed with this because I could not cope with anymore stress, and also because it took so long for the call back to let me no the decision , I missed out on ordering the same shopping trolley on Argos on eBay and getting it delivered, we have no transport or support nearby not very impressed, and my husband said he had enough stress with this situation
I ordered an item online which was faulty. I took it back to the shop to get a refund but was not able to get my delivery charge back. The item is not in stock in any of my local stores so it looks like I will have to order it again online and pay the delivery charge a second time.
I ordered a new six wheel deluxe folding shopping trolley from Argos I had been trying to get one for nearly two months, but when it arrived one of the Axel's was missing, and I contacted customer service they were not very helpful, and even though I mentioned that no one can drive in our house for medical reasons and we have no support nearby to help us they insisted if I wanted a replacement I would have to do click and collect, I said that I could not do this, so they said that a manager would call me back but nothing yet
Argos is rated 2.77 based on 3,712 reviews