Asda Reviews

Asda have a Customer Happiness Grade of B-. Customers love their prices but are unhappy with their refunds. Full Insights

51% of reviewers recommend Asda
1 New Reviews Written
11AM
11AM
Own Driver

How would you rate Asda ?

Roy

This review is being investigated by the Reviews.io team

This review may breach our terms and conditions.

Lilnic
"Bought the playday rainbow sprayer for my little girl thinking what fun she can have on a hot sunny day. This has got to be the biggest load of crud ever!!!! Followed all the instructions to a 'T' and the stupid thing would not stay up!!! No wonder the woman on the box is holding it up. I have a very upset girl and a very hot and flustered husband!!! Do not waste your hard earned cash!!! The struggle to get it down and get the water out was even worse!!!"

This review is being investigated by the Reviews.io team

This review may breach our terms and conditions.

"If I could give them no stars I would. Food shop didn't turn up - no explanation. Still took my money. Was told I would be refunded within 5 days - that was over 2 weeks ago. I since rebooked the delivery and they charged me AGAIN even though it was the same undelivered order. That night I was rushed to hospital so couldn't be there for the delivery. My partner called them and told them this. A week and a half later it is STILL being shown on my account as 'delivered'. That's 2 lots of over £100 they owe me and no one seems to care or do anything about it, despite explaining that I can't afford to buy more food until I have those refunds. They blamed my bank however I had a refund elsewhere that went in within 24 hours so it's not my bank. I will never shop at Asda again and I will be contacting trading standards."
"I hadn't been advised via text/phone call that delivery was cancelled. I found out when I called your customer service. Totally unacceptable and will never use your supermarket again. Asda shopper acts after her online delivery failed to turn up https://t.co/txpEiW5875"
"Awful customer service. Both online and on the phone. I've been left with no money and no food all because of Asda's new payment system. Just because I amended it. Last time I ever shop with Asda!!!!"
"My home delivery was cancelled on the 8th sept,no idea why,didnt see emails untill after work,text advising order cancelled 3pm,had to go to sainsburys,ruined my saturday. One week on 15th sept,no conformation email,shopping arrives with 5 minutes to go,70 per cent missing,its a computer error says the driver,he has no paperwork or hand machine,i returned one item he said he would write it down. Truely hopeless,you charge more than others to deliver and deliver if and when you like and delivering what you like instead of what i asked for.I dread to think what money theu are taking for this charade."
"Ordered a home delivery, delivery driver was sick and when speaking to customer services they hung up. Extremely rude and unacceptable service, we have been told to wait 5 days for a refund or pay again for another shop that might not arrive. First time using ASDA and never again."
"Your workers are racist I was spoken to rudely was made to wait for over 30 mins to drop a parcel off I was lied to by Asda workers and then told by a Asda worker that I have no chance being Asian my self I will have no chance making a complaint I was told he gets racist remarks said to him and he works there I have recordings of the conversation and I will be taking this further When I made written complaint all I got was sorry no letter no call back from the manager of the store Asda Queslett has disrespectful rude racist workers who do not no how to treat or speak to people disgust behaviour and disgusting attitudes"
"I came in to day saw some chocolate biscuits on a stand that said a pound when I got to the till it went through at 1.99 so I went to customer services they went to check and she said it was from a pound so I returned the 2 packets i think if you are wonting to keep your customers would it be more beneficial to you to say on this occasion it could of been read as a pound so I will refund you the difference back but no i was made to feel stupid no smile no sorry have your customer staff retained in to how to interact with customers"
"I ordered my groceries with ASDA and while I understand they may not always have everything in store, I was not happy with the replacement items they gave. But I was particularly UNHAPPY with the fact they FORGOT to include 2x items I had paid for! Then they failed to notice this until I pointed it out to them! Moreover, I expected they would deliver the two items THEY FORGOT the following day. All they did was refund me. Which mean I had to go to the store REGARDLESS. Which defeated the purpose of the whole exercise!! Highly disappointed with the level of service! The least they could have done was send the two items they forgot the following day!"
"We ordered 12 bottles of wine, and 6 bottles of fizzy water from your company, on the click and and collect service at your Great Yarmouth store, the main reason being that on several trips to the store I had try to buy the wine lindemans bin 50 but the shelves were empty, I had asked several times if the wine was in stocks, and was told yes! I asked if someone could get it, however no one was available. I went to collect the order, scanned my bar code, and then had to wait 10 minutes before someone came, when they eventually got to the collection area it was clear there was no wine, apparently it was unavailable, I was then told that they had substituted the water as it was again not available. What a total waste of time and effort, I will endeavour to shop elsewhere in future."
"Horrible staff didn't help me file a complaint called head office they buttoned me will not shop in a asda again TESCO from now on"
"Awful home delivery experience from Penryn Asda in Cornwall. Ordered for Sunday 7pm - 9pm. The delivery did not show up. Contacted them at 9.15pm, was on hold for 45 minutes, they then cut me off as they had shut their phone lines. Waited until 11pm - it still did not show. No one contacted me at all to tell me it was not coming. No lunch or dinner for the following day when I would be at work. Contacted them in the morning, was on hold again, the lady could not get another slot until two days later. Unbelievable. I asked for compensation as I had no food in the house and would have to go out to get some. All she offered was a delivery pass (which I said no as I will never be using them again), I asked to be transferred to a supervisor but I was on hold for another 20 minutes. I asked to be phoned back at 11am. It is now the following day and no one has contacted. I honestly can not believe what they have put us through just to get a delivery. Never ever again will I use them and I would highly recommend others do not either. Customer service = horrific!"
"Fed up of the refurb in Cribbs Causeway. Everything moves every week, signs take you to the wrong aisles. Shop dirty, no staff on till, shelf produce out of date a total disgrace."
"Long Eaton store. 5pm on a Friday night your pizza counter is out of toppings. We point out to the department manager there is a shop full of peppers and onions. He advised it's company policy they can't use them . What a stupid way to lose a customer who's been shopping at ASDA for 30 years Now I and the other family members I take shopping all use Tesco. Well done"
"I ordered a £47 delivery to be delivered between 8-10pm, and IT NEVER SHOWED UP! I waited up until 2am because some other reviews were saying they sometimes are a few hours late. No one called me to let me know it wasn’t coming, even the delivery status on the app stayed as ‘out for delivery’!? I then called customer service the next day, because I had still not heard anything! They tried to just cancel the order and refund me, and then when I said all of the above they tried to give me a free delivery within the next month(subject of course to the £40 min spend). I can’t believe how’s badly it was handled, I’ve ordered with Sainsbury’s, Tesco, and Waitrose, and have never ever had a single problem, none of them have even been late. I WILL NEVER SHOP WITH ASDA AGAIN."
"Delivery didn't come . After two hours rang call centre who said they would ring back- didn't . I rang again . They will reschedule for a day later !!! Not good enough. Communication needed when there has been a problem. Keep customers informed . I am supposed to wait in a whole day tomorrow as they can't give me a time ... I'm now getting in the car going to Tesco, last time I use Asda"
"If I could rate them zero I would. I ordered £100s of non alcoholic beverages and water for my daughter’s wedding reception for 380 guests, 3 weeks before the event. Asda charged my card for the amount upfront. On the delivery date, I got an email message to say that Asda had cancelled my order. No explanation was given. I called to see if something could be organised - I was desperate. They just said it was a problem from the store end and there was nothing they could do. That was that. They were cold and unbothered. Such disgraceful behaviour - oh they offered a £10 voucher and then said I won’t get a refund for up to 7 days - so I was also out of pocket. Their offer of online delivery is a cruel joke. I wish we had read their reviews."
"Firstly I ordered pull ups and received nappies and I ordered over 100 and they only brought 30 then I ordered clothing for next day delivery got two items but not the rest as it was meant to come in two delivery on the same day so thats two bad experiences in one week won’t ordered from asda again"
"Orderd groceries online. Missed home delivery by 10 minutes was still within my delivery slot And contacted them they said it will be cancelled or can deliver tomorrow. Disgraceful customer service. I won't be ordering from Asda again."
"I recently received an email querying participation as a mystery shopper. I was asked to fill out lots of questions all of which I said I was not interested in. Since doing this I've been pestered by an energy provider and I'm sure there is more phone calls to follow. ASDA you are guilty of misusing clients information!!! I will be avoiding ASDA shops in future."
"Asda delivered a clothing parcel to the wrong address, an empty house. The parcel should have been signed for. the delivery company emailed to state it had been signed for, but the parcel can be clearly seen in the porch of the locked and empty house. It has not been signed for, and been delivered to the wrong address. Asda refuse to provide a refund, stating We have to retrieve the parcel. What sort of service is that. So now Asda, you have stolen my money and used a second rate bunch of liars as a delivery company and you expect me to sort out your mess for you. I will be posting a story on Facebook about this and ensuring it is shared against and again until you refund my money and provide a written apology. Your service level is appalling. To think I have frequenting your Broadstairs store every week since it opened."
Asda is rated 3.09 based on 807 reviews

Get ready for our phone call!