John Lewis Reviews

Returns Process
Could Be Better
Read John Lewis Reviews

About John Lewis:

Uks biggest premium department store.

Tell us how John Lewis made you happy
John Lewis 1 star review on 22nd November 2018
SeanYeates
John Lewis 1 star review on 10th September 2018
Mrs F
After 5 months of waiting for a product and numerous failed Delivery dates and many phone calls to them. I called Jonh Lewis today and they had cancelled my order would have been nice of them to let me know and give me an immediate refund not waiting a further 5 days with not even an apology or yo let you know. Very disappointed in the dreadful service and poor communication between customer service.
Always a very good shopping experience with plenty of quality to choose from
My wife and I recently received an email from John Lewis saying they were "exited" to let me know that our reward of one free regular hot drink and a cake was waiting in my on line account. My wife and I, pensioners with some health issues, can only manage the journey from Swansea to Cardiff occasionally, but when we do we always head for the 'place to eat' then continue with shopping at the store. Due to Covid and bad weather we have once again been unable to redeem our offer within the 24 day expiry limit.(Why oh why is a time limit necessary on a damned coffee and cake!!?) I wrote to Customer Service asking if the voucher could be renewed/replaced. I soon received " not the reply I wanted to receive" that a re-issue could not be considered so I asked for the contact details of a Manager. Surprise, surprise! A similarly worded stock reply of a refusal to reward a 'valued' customer with a paltry coffee and bun. Sad to say we will in future head for the internet and shop elsewhere.
TV has gone wrong and told up to 28 working days to repair so that's nearly 6 weeks in real terms. Benn waiting over 3 weeks and no clear indication of when it will be returned
order number 313586570 order number 313586570 bosch oven installation Never use pls pls pls john lewis just words but the service is pathetic,worse,nightmare and annoying installation person. Never helpful people, really disappointing people address cannot locate correctly make u disburn first then they will refuse for installation and make execuses this is not right and do not have any patience really annoying person installation team refused for installation . pls do not use this company my honesty pls listen pls shop other company and avoid john lewis
Customer service from the technical team department was apauling!
We bought a washing machine recently which arrived on time, very happy with delivery, they took the old machine away. The delivery people were pleasant and very helpful. Would recommend using John Lewis for larger items not just clothes.
These fraudsters stole £65 from me. They lost my parcel in transit and then made it incredibly bureaucratic and difficult for me to get a refund. I am a pensioner and can ill afford to hand over £65 to these criminals
wide variety of good quality goods for all ages and good as a shop to go to for most things. Good return policy -no harassment . Good service and a smile from staff and no problems/ hard sale talk in browsing and asking about products without feeling compelled to buy
Absolute disgrace, they lost my rug in transit and then proved unwilling /unable to provide me with a refund. Effectively, they STOLE £65 from me. Martin Daniel, 19 Springhills, Henfield, West Sussex.
Never thought I’d ever be saying this about JLP. What absolutely pathetic and ineffective customer service they now provide. I wanted to paint the ceiling in my sitting room and got the electrician to remove the light fitting. On doing this the marble ceiling mount cracked and the light could not be refitted. As it was a John Lewis product I called them to order a replacement part and made it very clear I was prepared to pay for it. It took several weeks of emails and telephone calls only to be finally informed they couldn’t locate one and I’d have to throw away the ceiling light and buy a replacement at a cost of £150. Luckily, somebody I know was able to locate a replacement fitting for me and it arrived today 15/2/22 and the light will be installed shortly. No thanks at all to JLP. Whilst nobody was rude, I got the impression they didn’t care at all about me as a customer and just wanted me to go away and buy another light. It’s my suspicion that they didn’t even try to locate the spare part as my friend was able to locate, buy and send it to me in about a week. Truly terrible service and back up for their own products. JLP have now joined Halfords on a list of companies I will never do business with again. They don’t deserve any stars as a reward for their customer services.
Absolutely disgusting company ,Customer Services is despicable, Caused me Utter distress after being on phone for hours..bought a product from Apple with a 2 year warranty and refused to fix product as I no longer had the box …. Beware!! Jonah Lewis is no longer the great company it was…failing company and it shows!!!
My wife bought an Apple Watch. It kept going wrong. I was asked to send the watch back so it could be repaired/replaced. The case of the watch was pristine. I got a response that the case was shattered - definitely not my actions! They now refuse to stand by their legal obligations because I have zero proof the case was undamaged. Told that it would be £320 to repair as it was my fault. So now I have a trashed watch and will need to spend £400 for a new one! Furious. I’ll never use them again.
My mother bought a mobile online but ordered the wrong one. Customer support told her to reject the order when delivered and she would be refunded. However, the driver took a picture of me at the door and said package delivered. There was no concrete evidence of package delivered only a person at the door. I wasn't holding the package (I didn't touch it) No signature or proof of id - so how does that prove delivery. John Lewis support has said sorry but you are not getting a refund, we believe the driver. Explain that to me. My 87 year old mother is now down £1,700. It goes without saying we will never shop there again, and I will tell everyone I meet not to shop there. Ironically we shopped at John Lewis because we thought they gave the best service. This is appauling. Also they now refuse to talk to us.
John Lewis TV Warranty: Cautionary Tale Bought a TV for £3499 from JL, delivered 30 November 2018 (Sony KD-65AF9 OLED).The TV screen failed and was written off in December 2021 after 3 years. Settlement offered in December was £2599 (74%). I disputed that the replacement offered (LG 65QNED996PB) was not "like for like" as the only common element was screen size. The direct descendant of our failed TV was the Sony Bravia XR XR65A90J but they would not consider this. Rang JL in Jan 2022 as we had not been able to view the LG 65QNED996PB in any store within 180 miles. By January this particular replacement model had increased in price by £300 and JL initially said they would up their offer accordingly. But, in the re-evaluated offer of early February 2022, the replacement was changed to a Samsung QE65QN95A at £2399 (a deduction of £200 in one month?). This was again, not a “like for like” replacement for an OLED TV. The lower offer was caveated: settle imminently and we will revert to the original offer of £2599. No pressure then? Settled reluctantly on 4 February 2022. FORWARD 4 DAYS: My cousin bought the same model (Sony KD-65AF9 OLED) that was delivered early Jan 2019 from JL. Sale price £3299 (£200 less). Hers failed at 3yrs and I month. Her suggested replacement was the Sony Bravia XR XR65A90J (an OLED TV). The financial settlement offered was £2999 (i.e. 91%) on 8 February 2022. Here, we have two idenitical TVs failing after the same period and markedly different financial settlements. In one case, finding a “like for like” replacement took precedence and the offer was better than it might otherwise have been. In the other case, settling for the least amount possible, irrespective of the customer’s views on appropriate substitutions, took priority. In conclusion, I have to pay an additional £400 to buy the Sony Bravia XR XR65A90J whereas my cousin was offered it for gratis. Buyer Beware. Some animals are more equal than others.
I wish I could give zero stars . I tried to place an order of a TV and soundbar but had some issues with the payment so I thought I would try again in the morning . I had the items in my basket at probably around 9 in the evening and left them in there . When I went into my basket at 7 the next morning the TV I wanted to purchase had price hiked another £700 😲. Obviously I wasn't going to pay another £700 for something i could of got cheaper the day before. So I contacted one of their customer service people and explained the situation and he laughed and said oh sorry the price of that went up today. Well I know that sherlock, but he said there's nothing I can do about it . I also emailed them and got the very same response. Not really something you would expect from a company such as John lewis but there you go. I personally will never be buying anything from them again
Brought multiple items a couple of months ago and there were many items missing and leaked perfume damaged other items. Terrible customer service. I haven’t been refunded anything. Please be cautious when buying from John Lewis.
I ordered a home office chair from the sale to see if it was suitable. It came in a huge box and delivered by a man in a van. I had to return it but John Lewis insisted that it had to go back by their courier van with two men collecting it with a charge of £30 instead of me taking it myself to their Reading store. £30 to return a small chair! Be aware!
Ordered 2 faux fur cushions before Christmas. Long story short they were faulty. It has taken 8 phone calls and a long trip to a John Lewis store to sort it out. What is going on JL? Always used to be the best customer services now pretty much every call I made was told a different answer. Have shopped for decades with the store will think twice now….
I have been a customer of John Lewis my whole life, even going so far as to order other products such as Apple AirPods via John Lewis rather than via other retailers. My recent experience has changed everything. My most recent order arrived completely battered, and to my dismay I have now spent 4 hours over the course of 10 days speaking to customer services, on top of 8 lengthy email exchanges. The solution now posed it that I repackage it, return it to a post office/Hermes collection, wait for a refund, and then be sent out a replacement. Oh, and that I will receive a £10 gift voucher. Exceptionally poor performance from John Lewis. I feel that my decision to give my custom to John Lewis has not been disrespected and I will not be shopping there again. Why on earth would John Lewis not have instantly apologised and sent out a replacement right away? That would have saved me any further hassle and disappointment and ensured I stayed loyal to the company. I am sad that the the John Lewis that we all knew and loved, has dropped it’s once high standards.
John Lewis is rated 2.7 based on 2,350 reviews